Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Back from the Doc's and you will not believe this. I don't have a fungus. Both toes are bruised. Bruised from walking. Weird. Anyway, he had me stand up so he could see how my toes were and both of those toes have a slight curve to them so that the nailbed faces downward and if I don't keep them trimmed real good, they hit. So I have to trim them at least every 2 weeks. He went ahead and cut on them while I was there. If I wanted too I could have surgery on them like I did on the other 2 toes and have the knuckle removed and straightened out. That would be the extreme thing to do and just not sure if it's worth it right now. So, I'm home with my body intact and I'm still going to put my feet up and relax for the rest of the day.

Sunny, So glad to have you here. It doesn't matter what your journey is, we are here. Hopefully you will find inspiration from one of our stories and who knows, we may find it in your story. Either way, welcome and we hope you stick around.

Suz-remember a while back when I said my toe was hurting from walking so much and it was a bruise? We have something in common. LOL

Good girl Tracy!!! Hugs!

I started my day out great with my eating and was still doing great going into this evening. Than I went to bible study class and blew it. Oh, they had the best Potato Soup and apple struesel(sp?) cheesecake and Cookies. Yup, I ate it and blew my whole day. Maybe I was feeling good after my Doctor's appointment, knowing that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Tracy, congrats on you having a good day.

For those of you who chatted with Heather on the other thread, she posted that her Father passed away----thought you might want to PM her.

Off to bed. My dinner is not settling well, I simply cannot eat Pasta anymore......well not enough to consider it worthwhile!!!

Good Morning

drive by post, I am sick and feel like I'm going to puke, so I'll be back

I'm up and drinking my hot cocoa. Thinking about going to Wal-Mart here soon. It's supposed to rain today and I have to work this afternoon.

Have a great day.

It is raining here too. Never sure what to wear to work, it is freezing in the morning, and hotter than hell in the afternoon!

We have a game tonight, if the fields are ok to play on, so will likely be back in the morning.

Unless someone wants to go to work for me today...? Any takers?????

Kat, I’m not sure who Heather is but please pass on my condolences. I’m very sorry for her loss.

It’s raining here too… imagine that. Could it really be fall? Summer seams to last so long, starting in early May that I forget we have a cold and rainy season too. Actually it’s very nice and the fact I’m off today and can enjoy it makes it more peaceful. However tomorrow I do have to go back to work. Blah! I’m also going to have to hold on to my time now. I need time for surgery… *sigh*

Jen I hope you feel better soon! I also hope you’re not getting that bug, it’s a real villain.

Suzie, enjoy your warm cocoa! I have a Dr. Appt for yep, that so I can’t enjoy my day all day but maybe I’ll come back with some good news.

Have a great day everyone!

Good girl Tracy!!! Hugs!
Thank you! I really do need to positive reinforcement. I did not realize how helpful it is :wink5:
I started my day out great with my eating and was still doing great going into this evening. Than I went to bible study class and blew it. Oh, they had the best Potato Soup and apple struesel(sp?) cheesecake and Cookies. Yup, I ate it and blew my whole day. Maybe I was feeling good after my Doctor's appointment, knowing that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Tracy, congrats on you having a good day.

Thanks Suz...this is a new day. We are gonna keep on fighting the fight! :thumbup:
For those of you who chatted with Heather on the other thread, she posted that her Father passed away----thought you might want to PM her.

Thank you Kat...I will say something to her.

Good Morning

You too? Well, I have some other bathroom issues (guess) and now I feel nauseated...good GOD I hope we don't have a virus! :yikes:
It is raining here too. Never sure what to wear to work, it is freezing in the morning, and hotter than hell in the afternoon! Here too, raining then hot...ugh

Unless someone wants to go to work for me today...? Any takers?????

If I go over there it wont be to work...and you would not go to work either...we would hang out and do FUN stuff :biggrin:

Have a great day friends...be back soon

Back from the store and it it very cold out there. Wind is blowing so that makes it really cold.

Kat, I would work for you but I have to work later today anyway. And they are calling for it to rain this evening. Wish we could both stay here and drink hot cocoa and enjoy a fire. And good conversation.

Good morning :yikes:

I have been nuts these last couple of days because I had to go to the asthma doctor. Well, they reduced my meds for the asthma and I took the pnemonia (sp?) shot because I have taken it in the past and it does help (at least for me). I was due for 2010 but with the swine flu and my not breathing a few months ago..they gave it to me.

As for the swine flu shot, god willing it will be in his office by Friday....so I will take it when it is received in his office :thumbup: I have decided that the choose of not breething is more important then if there are any side effects and the band is one of the reasons

They think that the reason that I have been so scared and not breathing the way that I am comfortable with is the extra weight and that the emergency inhaler I did try to see if it was the asthma DID NOT effect me

UGH, the allergery PA spoke to me after the doctor.,,,her suggestion is to exercise ONLY when a family member is at home and exercise in small amounts. When I see that I am in trouble or need some kind of help ,,,JUST CALL :biggrin:

Also, last night on the news they are saying that when the flu hits and folks will be running to the hospital they will not have enough oxygen machines for all the folks in distress (that makes me more than postive that the whole crew here will be taking the swine flu shot.

I know that this is a long post and it might be off topic but this is such a serious topic and we must be somewhat prepared... I have actually stocked up on food staples because if sick or area is so infected I WILL NOT GO OUT FOR FOOD...got a couple of bags of chocolate chips :wink5: for my group anything with that will make them eat

Laura

Laura, whether it's off topic or not(let others decide) I think it's very important. Thank You for bringing it to our attention. The H1N1 flu is of a concern to me as I am diabetic. So far I have chosen to not take the shot but I did get the regular flu shot. Over 30,000 people a year die of the regular flu and that did make me take notice. How scary about your exercising and not being able to breath. Is this going to be hard for you or you do you have someone around that can be with you when you are exercising? I always workout by myself, well at least take my walks by myself. But I have my cell phone with me and I always have the doggie with me. My walk also takes me right by the fire station, somehow I look forward to having to be rescued by a young good looking uniformed man. My luck they would send a female cop to check out the situation. LOL.

Just took my shower and will start to get ready for work in a little bit. I have a little running around to do before I have to go in.

Have a good evening and I will check in later.

I LOVE THIS WEATHER!!!!! Okay, just sayin'. It's raining, well right now it's pouring, and the little old man is snoring! LOL!

He went to bed w/a bump on his head and couldn't get up in the morning! :wink5:

Living in Louisiana, we have a lot of critters, but I think you have us beat!

Yes, but yours have more teeth than ours do and they can sneak up on you faster than ours do too! :eek:

(Kinda like people can't imagine living here w/earthquakes and fires but we can't imagine living w/tornados or hurricanes or flooding. Crazy huh?)

Someone asked where I work and I can't remember who it was that asked. I work at "Curves".

Michelle, I miss Yosemite. Beautiful country. The best thing about being a Scout was being able to see all the beautiful country that I did.

Suzie, that was me. I loved Curves when I was going years ago but now I can't afford it, and when DH is gone, no child care for DD. :biggrin:

I love living here. The only other places I could see myself living are very much like here, Lake Tahoe, Alaska, parts of Oregon and Washington... mountains, forests, Water.< /p>

But I am back...and ready to tackle this new issue!

Welcome, Sunny!!!!

I'm new to this thread too. I've struggled all year since my banding as well. Just when things are going well, I get stuck- need a complete unfill, I get sick or too tight- need an unfill, etc. Or my brain gets in the way and I start snacking again, so essentially eat around my band. :sad:

It's all good tho. Even on my worst eating days now, they're still better than my best eating days before the band! I've still managed to lose weight and that would NOT have happened pre-band.

Hang in there. We're here for you!

Heart, thanks for the support! That was a crazy ordeal with the bear! Wow… scary. Still glad I’m a city gal.. lol J But we deal with bears of a different sort here. Sorry you’re still sick. Get better soon! Whatever’s been going around is a real monster. L

You're very welcome!

LOL! He was back again last night but he already ATE everything so the can is just knocked over. It's WINDY here so I need to get out in the rain and pick it up before it blows all over the mountain-side.

And I can't imagine living in the city! Too many people! LOL!

Interested to hear how you appt goes today.

Back from the Doc's and you will not believe this.

Well, I'm so glad it's not a fungus but I'm not sure this is any better. Esp if it means you might have to have surgery to correct it later. Hopefully keeping the nails down does it and no surgery!

Off to bed. My dinner is not settling well, I simply cannot eat Pasta anymore......well not enough to consider it worthwhile!!!

Is this Heather that just had a baby?

Sorry about dinner. :yikes:

Good Morning

Oh No!!! Feel better soon!

You too? Well, I have some other bathroom issues (guess) and now I feel nauseated...good GOD I hope we don't have a virus! :thumbup:

Not you too! Hope you feel better soon, as well.

I'm glad you finally ate something. Are you able to get in for a fill soon?

~~~~~

Feeling better today. Thank you all!

Saw my doc yesterday and he gave me back .5 of what was taken out for the emergency unfill. Next month we'll probably put the other .5 back. He actually thought about putting the whole 1 back but I swell so easy and I was at a good place before the unfill so I want to sneak back up on it. I didn't want to have to drive an hour back down the hill to go see him today or tomorrow for another unfill. I've had 4 since Easter! He laughed and said I must be some sort of record for him! Told him I was a special case! :lol:

Got my work done this AM already. At least what I have. Payroll, financial reports for the council meeting tonight and monthly payroll deposit to the IRS. I'll pick up my file of bills from the office later. DH is at a work mtg and dropped DD off at preschool on his way so the house is VERY quiet. No TV, dog is sleeping and I'm just listening to the storm. Got a fire going in the woodstove and checking in here.

Hope you all have a beautiful day! TTFN!