Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy - you know it is not good to skip meals (((((hugs)))))

I know...but not having any restriction scares me lately. I may go and get a fill this week instead of waiting til the beginning of November.

Cindy...how many calories do you allow yourself?

I eat 1200-1500 calories each day. About once every two weeks I go up to 1600. I do, however, try to make sure I get at least my 60g of Protein each day.

I wanna come to the party.
Get on a plane and come spend the weekend with me!
I vote yes, but we all have our issues. Today, I can not get satisfied, for whatever reason. I have eaten a cup of grits, a handful of m&ms (ok, maybe two handfuls), 3/4 c of some rice and gravy with pork and a slice of whole wheat bread with Peanut Butter. WTH???!!! Jeez.:sad:
oh... all my favorites, would only be better if they were peanut m&m's:eek:

Ok so I just did a muli Quote and I have no idea how I did it

Michelle - holy crapola... a Bear????? I would freak

Yep, it's a little startling! Usually we don't see them, just the "evidence" the next day, or the garbage all over the flippin' place!

Sounds like you had a nice time last night!

Michelle-I read your story about the bear to dh. He turned around and said..."where does she LIVE" lol. I would have lost my friggin mind! :sad: Your angel was watching over you for sure!

LOL! I live VERY close to Yosemite National Park. We also have a lake a few miles from the house. So, yep, we have critters and that includes Bears! We also have Mtn Lions and Coyote as far as predators go. Deer, Raccoons, Squirrels, Opossum, Fox, etc. I could go on but the list is huge. :sad:

Michelle, Holy Cow. That was scary. Reminded me of our times camping in the Sequoia's. We had to keep our food in coolers and hang them from the trees. No one was allowed to go to the bathroom by themselves. Glad you didn't walk out there.

We're a couple of hours from Sequoia. I have yet to get there. Pitiful, really! We get a yearly pass to Yosemite and tend to head that direction b/c it's so close.

That's what kind of irritates me about last night, I KNOW better!!! Tho DH said today that he would have probably broken in to the shed instead. UGH!

Anyway, DD and I picked up garbage today. Kinda gross b/c he peed on some of it and left a HUGE pile of scat amongst some it. YUCK!!!

I haven't eaten today...I am scared to. I do not trust myself to stop....It is 3 PM here...and to tell the truth, I am not really hungry. I should be....I think it is the fear. I have issues, right?

Tracy, hon, don't do this to yourself. It's not good. And once you do start eating, you probably won't be able to stop and then you will have just fulfilled your prophecy. Take a little something, put it on a plate or in a bowl, then leave the kitchen. I know it's hard to do (getting out of the kitchen) esp w/kids but you can do this. And if you do get a little out of control, then just know that tomorrow is a new day.

I have to tell you that even on my worst eating days post-band, and I've had a few of those lately, they are still better than even my best eating days, pre-band!!! I don't know if that's any comfort to you but it is to me.

Hugs.

I know...but not having any restriction scares me lately. I may go and get a fill this week instead of waiting til the beginning of November.

DEFINITELY go get a fill this week. That's what I'm hoping to do tomorrow after getting sick and needing that unfil a few weeks ago. Hoping the doc will give some of it back when I see him in the AM.

WhooHoo! The "multi" button is in the lower left corner of each poster's box. Just click to your heart's content then when you're ready to post either click "quote" of the final poster you wish to multi or click on reply. Easy!!

LOL! I live VERY close to Yosemite National Park. We also have a lake a few miles from the house. So, yep, we have critters and that includes Bears! We also have Mtn Lions and Coyote as far as predators go. Deer, Raccoons, Squirrels, Opossum, Fox, etc. I could go on but the list is huge. :sad:

Living in Louisiana, we have a lot of critters, but I think you have us beat!

Wow...I can not sleep. It is almost midnight and here I sit, straight up in bed. My eyes feel heavy but when I lay down they pop open again. If I am not worried about my own life, I worry about my best friend. She is having a tough time. She lives about 3 hours away. I wish I lived closer to her. Maybe one day when we are old & gray we will live next to each other and we can sit in our rocking chairs on the front porch and gossip about everyone all day :sad:

My battery in my laptop is wearing down...better cut this short.

I will catch up with everyone in the morning :sad:

Good early morning. Yup, it's Monday.

Well, it's Toe day. I go to the Doc's at 1pm. Right after work. :sad: Not looking forward to it.

Someone asked where I work and I can't remember who it was that asked. I work at "Curves". It started out a little part time job and has slowly turned into about 20-24 hours a week. At the beginning, that was hard. I wasn't used to standing on my feet that long. Now I can go 6 hours on my feet, and still come home and go for a mile walk.

Tracy, sounds like you do need to go get a little fill. I think it will help with your head. Just knowing you have that in your band will help with the eating issues. Good Luck.

Michelle, I miss Yosemite. Beautiful country. The best thing about being a Scout was being able to see all the beautiful country that I did.

Happy Columbus Day.

Chat at you later.

I eat 1200-1500 calories each day. About once every two weeks I go up to 1600. I do, however, try to make sure I get at least my 60g of Protein each day.

That is great. Exactly the range I use...or should anyway :sad:

Get on a plane and come spend the weekend with me!

oh... all my favorites, would only be better if they were peanut m&m's:eek:

I wish I could Jen! And any kind of m&ms are my fav. Those and paydays!

Tracy, hon, don't do this to yourself. It's not good. And once you do start eating, you probably won't be able to stop and then you will have just fulfilled your prophecy. Take a little something, put it on a plate or in a bowl, then leave the kitchen. I know it's hard to do (getting out of the kitchen) esp w/kids but you can do this. And if you do get a little out of control, then just know that tomorrow is a new day.

I finally did eat a bowl of oatmeal. I knew that I could not just have a small bowl of spaghetti so I just went the safest route. lol

I have to tell you that even on my worst eating days post-band, and I've had a few of those lately, they are still better than even my best eating days, pre-band!!! I don't know if that's any comfort to you but it is to me.

It is a comfort, or at least it will be again once I get a fill. I can eat a cow right now :sad:

DEFINITELY go get a fill this week. That's what I'm hoping to do tomorrow after getting sick and needing that unfil a few weeks ago. Hoping the doc will give some of it back when I see him in the AM.

I am going to call and make an appt today. Good luck with yours...I hope you get one too :scared2:

Well, it's Toe day. I go to the Doc's at 1pm. Right after work. :thumbup: Not looking forward to it. Yikes...I will be thinking of you! :thumbup:

Tracy, sounds like you do need to go get a little fill. I think it will help with your head. Just knowing you have that in your band will help with the eating issues. Good Luck.

I think so too. I need my head back in the game. It hasn't been in the game in way too long! This is my turning point...I can feel it!

Good morning ladies! :thumbup: I am SO tired! I got a little sleep last night but not much! After the kids go to school I am going to go pick up where I left off.

Happy Monday to all of you. I will post again later.

I was one of the Notorious Novembers banded Nov 08. I have watched them all drop their weight and post their success, come close to goal or reach their goals. I have watched it all...as I was going no where. I have lost only 35lbs in 11 months. I have been filled to the point that we don't think I can get any more. (Had to have the last fill taken out because I couldn't eat anything) I have told them all along there is something else going on...of course no one believed me! So I went to my regular doctor and after a gallon of blood taken (just kidding) they have finally figured out I am insulin resistant and a Pre-diabetic. So of course that causes the weight gain...and the difficulty in losing weight. So I am not a failure! I have struggled with this for the last year. I get the band and still don't lose weight it sure makes you feel like a total failure! So now I am starting again. I have to totally regroup and figure out a better diet. My goal is not only to lose weight but to change my diet enough to avoid becoming a diabetic. I have a hard road but I think by coming here I will be able to get the support and information I need. I have to say I started coming here last year and was in here all the time but when I was struggling so much I drifted away. But I am back...and ready to tackle this new issue!

Good morning girls~

ABQ was a blast, we totally enjoyed the kids and the balloons, and just having fun. Exhausted me tho!!!

Sunny, welcome, everyone in here at one point or another has struggled, or is continuing to struggle, but that seems pretty common in whatever path you choose. Together we can do it, and now you have a double good reason for doing so--avoiding full blown diabetes is a REALLY good reason to adjust the eating.

I was on metformin for several months prior to being banded, and was at a point of self torture trying to make myself behave! I would force myself to check my blood sugar before allowing myself anything that was questionable to eat. It helped because I despised poking my finger! Soon I just let myself off the hook, which has been my problem all along---------follow through!

I do not want to go to work today! Rick's work phone rang off and on all night long, so it was not a restful night, then about 2:30 AM, his guys called and they were stymied over why something was not working, so he had to go in, then I slept fitfully because he was not there.....and he is still at work.

And I am whining about going in for my 8:30 - 5:00!!!! I know I shouldn't....but I still don't wanna go.

We were closed Friday, so it has been even longer than an average weekend for patients to forget appointments, so they are either no shows or everyone is running behind, so we do this rush/stall pattern all day. And the lab at the hospital will not have my labs til tomorrow, as the mail is not running I guess, I got some sort of email about it. Gonna be a wierd day!

Well I finally finished my banana, so guess it is time to go!

See ya all later tonight....while DH watches football through his sleeping eyes!!!

Good morning good morning! Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did. I went to San Francisco to watch the 49ers play and they never showed up it seems. *sigh* Oh well, it’s just gonna be one of those years where we’ll get some ugly wins, but that goes along with some ugly losses! Just sucks I had to be a part of one ugly loss!

Kat, wow that’s a very strange and sad story. I think everyone in their life will go through a traumatic friendship story and is all a part of our growth. I have myself and though I’m still friends with this person it’s just never been as close as we were when we were younger. I always keep my guard up at all times.

Thanks so much for your support! I really appreciate it!! J

Shalee, thanks! It really was a tough decision, but as the days go by I’m believing it will be a good one. For yourself, I hope you can get your issues handled quickly! I think it might have been a contributor of myself I didn’t get to mine in good time and it ended up causing a whole host of other problems. And here’s hoping you find a job quick!!

Tchr, thanks so much! I’ll definitely still post here at LBT but what I’ll probably do is post my journey at a RNY forum somewhere. I’ll always have a link up in my signature so others can follow that part if they want, they will just need to click it. No need to force others to read about that if they don’t want. J

Suzie, no worries! I was never intending to leave this thread or LBT. I am just going to post my journey elsewhere but I’ll have a link in my signature. So, those who would like to follow along can simply click on it to read it. I’ve been here at LBT a long time! No way will I just leave! :-D

You have a great job! I wish I could just run away from the grind and find something so peaceful. I think I was kinda born to do my own thing. Maybe someday!

Tracy, love the pics! So cute! Good deal on the no weight gain! You see, that’s me too. I’m excellent at not gaining any more than what I did in the beginning. I’ve been at this weight for over a year now. So, I know I can maintain. But losing? I just can’t seem to do it!

Heart, thanks for the support! That was a crazy ordeal with the bear! Wow… scary. Still glad I’m a city gal.. lol J But we deal with bears of a different sort here. Sorry you’re still sick. Get better soon! Whatever’s been going around is a real monster. L

Sunny, I completely understand your frustration. If you ever need someone to talk to, my door is always open. Send me a PM anytime. J

Okay whew! All caught up! I’m off today so I’ll probably come back a bit later to talk some more. Have a fantastic day everyone!!!

Hi Sunny...come and talk to us anytime. Like Kat said, we have all had our ups and downs...I am at an up right now, that is going to change tho, just like yours! :sad:

Kat-glad you had fun! I would love to see that. I'll bet it is amazing!

Irene-Sorry the 49ers lost. Good time going though, right?!

Of course! It was still fun to go if anything. It was a good break from the monotony! J