Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy (and anyone else) you know you are welcome... come visit!!!!!

Kat, enjoyed catching up... enjoy dinner tonight! MUAH

hi Suzanne, I see you

Oh Kat, that was so nice to hear. I bet she needed that also.

Home from work, a 2 shifter. Nothing worse than sitting at work for 3 hours with no customers. Sheeeesh. So now I'm home, feet up and BIL is going to make dinner. All's right with the world now.

Well, here is an update. on my mess. Nothing is going to happen for a while. We will have to just sit back and see how it unfolds. It'll have to wait until February...unless she forces our hand...

DD is going to my sisters house tomorrow and dsd is with a friend for the weekend so I will have a child free 24 hours starting tomorrow morning :thumbup:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh Tracy, The waiting game, it sucks. I hate that you have to go thru that. Hopefully it will pass fast and all will work out for you guys. 24 hours---you gonna sleep or clean or play??????

Tracy

enjoy your free weekend. I want to go to bed and just stay there.... I feel lost today

Was a really strange night for me. I told Jenn about this, but will try to condense it....

I had a friend from grade school all through the years, she was without question one of my very best friends, we went through all kinds of things together. We went to court with one another trying to get child support from our ex's, she even lived with me at one point when we were young and she had nowhere to go.

We talkd 2-3 times a week, and emailed daily---we were very close. We had DD's the same age, and our DD's had their kids 1 day apart!

A few years ago, she was a single parent hitting rough times, we loaned her money, helped her move, bought her son some boots for work, just helped her again try to get on her feet. She has fought with alcohol abuse for years. So after helping her move, and settle in, I had gathered some things for the kids I thought she needed, and showed up to give them to her, and lo and behold, her live in boyfriend answered the door----MY EX HUSBAND!!

Now I have no real issue with her being with him, other that she knew he was an a$$---but it caused serious problems with my DD and I. Once when Rick was out of town, he called me, the ex I mean, and he knew all this crap, and I jumped my DD over it, and when she said she didn't tell him I all but called her a liar! She was not the liar, my former friend was. And she knew---that was the kicker---I told her how my DD was sharing things with her Dad about me I didn't like, and she never fessed up, still hid it. I give her money--money she used to feed his worthless a$$, a man who never paid his CS to feed his child, and I fed HIM??? Nuh uh!

I wrote it off, with friends like that, who would throw my child under the wheels of the bus to save their butts,who needs enemies???

So for years we have had no contact. I still see her family and all is well with them etc. Well she and my ex have been split for some time, he did the use and abuse and leave with her too--but he was not what ended the friendship---she did.

Now.....finally the point. Her Dad died. I went to visit him in the hospital, and managed to avoid her, but tonight was the visitation, and I knew I would see her. We put off our trip to ABQ for it, we are leaving about 3 AM.

So I saw her. OMG it was wierd! There was a mutual friend there with her when I saw her, which helped, and it was all good, there was no problem, but my goodness girls, the alcohol has destoyed her. Her clothes, and her hair were dirty, the veins in her face and eyes were broken. It was heart breaking.

I thought to myself earlier today how glad I was for my band---I knew most of these people when I was very thin, then they all knew me at my fattest, so I was glad to feel comfortable in my skin again facing all of them with this "past" between us now. But weight was not the issue----it was so bizarre. I keep thinking, and hoping, it was shock, and sorrow, and all that had her so unkempt----I cannot convey how wierd it was that she was that way. You could smell booze.....so sad. Rick said it won't be long we will go to her services. I think he might be right. Sad.

Suzanne-----I will surprise you with a call one of these days too!!! I interupted Tracy in LA, and interupted Jenn getting dinner for her kids.....I will catch you unsuspecting too!!!

I called Jenn, because I felt bad, she spoke in the other room to people we thought of as friends, and was totally ignored. I recognized it, because it happened to me too. Was so much fun talking to her tho!!!

Irene----girl you do what you need to do, to be happy and healthy, and if that is another, different surgery, then go for it! There is not a one size fits all cure for us.....so whatever it takes to find yours!!

Rick took my wedding rings and had them sized as a surprise for our anniversary next month. They come back today and he could not wait!!! I love it! I love them, as much as I did back then!!! They were a size 9.5 according to the invoice, and now are a size 6! YAY!!!! I love them, I love him!!!

Gotta go, or I will never make it up in the morning to go and will sleep all the way with the kids, and that isn't fair to Rick! LOL

See y'all when I get back!

Happy friday night everyone,

Sorry I've been busy and not online much at all this week. I'm looking ofr a job, dealing with my band issue that came up 2 weeks ago, and my insurance carrier switched on Oct 1st. Grrr not the best time to have aband issue..... So I have been stressing big time.

Irene, I have followed your journey from the begining and I knkow that you have tried everything you can with your band, I know this wasn't an easy decision to make, But you do what you have to do to make yourself healthy and happy!! I know all about that dang high blood pressure, it sucks!!! I am down to 1/2 a pill these days. (i was on 3 types) and while my type 2 diabetes didnt go away as we had hoped it is very under cntrol and the dr still thinks if I exercise more it will go away..... Hopefully.....

Kat , I love reading your posts!!! you always knw what to say to make people feel better!!!

Jennifer, Hvae a great weekend and hang in there!!

Tracy, you hang in there also.... :-)

Susie, 190 lbs lost!! Way to go, thats an amazing feat in istself!! we are proud of you!!!

Everyone else, Hi..... :-)

Eveyone have a wonderful weekend....

Tracy, please tell me that cool front is headed my way also...It is NOT supposed to get in the 90s in October!!!:thumbup:

Irene, you need to do what is best for you, just don't forget about us! I like reading your posts.:sad:

Good Saturday Morning.

I got up, fed the kitties and decided to weigh again. Umm, down another 1.5 pounds. Yup, I'm excited. Except for tonight is "Shit on your neighbor" Night. All those Snacks and goodies. I hope I have strength.

Getting ready to go to my monthly support group meeting at the Doc's office, I'm sitting here ready my e-mails and drinking my hot cocoa. One of the e-mails I opened was from my WW instructor informing me in a very beautiful letter, I mean very beautiful, heartwarming, extremely sad letter that her Mother passed away early this morning. The letter caught my breath and I am still teary eyed over it. I'm very sad at her passing but this letter really touched me.

Irene, I am so anxious to follow you on your new journey and realized that there is no reason you can't post here. Isn't this the "Homeless" site? You have a home now and we welcome every bit of info you want to share with us. Who knows, maybe something that you are going thru will inspire one of us or someone that is lurking. I for one hope you hang here.

Kat, that is a very sad story. Alcohol is such a destroyer of everything. Feelings, Family, Looks, Hopes, Dreams, Faith and all kinds of other things. I have a cousin who looked like she just stepped off a Vogue magazine who started drinking at an early age. It is horrible what the vodka has done to not only her self-esteem but to her Family and her beautiful looks. It's truly sad each month when we see her at Breakfast, knowing that each time she gets up and swaggers to the bathroom that she is going in to take a hit off the bottle. I fear the her funeral is not to far down the road. Her liver is shot and they won't do a transplant in her condition. Such a terrible diesease.

Kelly, Thanks for the compliment. It has been a struggle even with the band. However, without the band I would not be as succesful. I love my band and how we have gotten along. I fight with it daily but it's a good thing. Hopefully you and I will be off all of our diabete meds before long. I know that I fieel so much better just being off the blood pressure meds.

I'm off to go dry my hair and get to my meeting. I'll see ya all soon.

Edited by Suziecat

Hi there ladies...I am in a hurry to get macy off to my sisters house. I will be back to do all the personals...I am chatty this morning.

Cindy-yes, you should get this front....today probably!

Be back later....

Good morning gals!

or afternoon, really busy, have a date tonight and worked the last 2 days

Kat - I so enjoyed talking to you too, and that is a sad turn out on that. No matter what happens, you guys were close and it is sad to see someone you cared about in such a bad state.

Hi everyone, just wanted to drive by, got to get moving

Back from the support group meeting and it was a really good one. They also handed out some journels to us. They are really neat and full of a lot of info. I'm looking forward to starting it Monday.

I'm making rotel dip and chips for the get together this evening. Oh my. Wish me luck with that one.

Jenn, have a great time this evening and take it nice and slow. But enjoy yourself.

Oh Tracy, The waiting game, it sucks. I hate that you have to go thru that. Hopefully it will pass fast and all will work out for you guys. 24 hours---you gonna sleep or clean or play??????

Sleep and Play :thumbup: The waiting game is not fun but we will just have to do it. I know everything will work out...one way or another.

Tracy

enjoy your free weekend. I want to go to bed and just stay there.... I feel lost today

Slept for a while with dh now I am up watching whatever I want on TV. How exciting! I won't have to watch spongebob or icarly for a whole 24 hours!:w00t:

So I saw her. OMG it was wierd! There was a mutual friend there with her when I saw her, which helped, and it was all good, there was no problem, but my goodness girls, the alcohol has destoyed her. Her clothes, and her hair were dirty, the veins in her face and eyes were broken. It was heart breaking. It is very sad to see what an addiction can do to people. I saw my nephew today and I can tell that the drugs are getting the best of him. I cried when I left.

Suzanne-----I will surprise you with a call one of these days too!!! I interupted Tracy in LA, and interupted Jenn getting dinner for her kids.....I will catch you unsuspecting too!!! and what a great interruption! I loved it!

I called Jenn, because I felt bad, she spoke in the other room to people we thought of as friends, and was totally ignored. I recognized it, because it happened to me too. Was so much fun talking to her tho!!! I do not even go there. I knew I wasn't part of the 'group' long before my meltdown. We deserve better than that anyway :tt1: I knew all along who my real friends are.

Happy friday night everyone,

Sorry I've been busy and not online much at all this week. I'm looking ofr a job, dealing with my band issue that came up 2 weeks ago, and my insurance carrier switched on Oct 1st. Grrr not the best time to have aband issue..... So I have been stressing big time.

Sorry about everything you are going through!

Good morning gals!

or afternoon, really busy, have a date tonight and worked the last 2 days

hey...have fun tonight...don't do anything I wouldn't do :laugh:

Back from the support group meeting and it was a really good one. They also handed out some journels to us. They are really neat and full of a lot of info. I'm looking forward to starting it Monday.

You know what Suz...now that you mention it, I need to start gong to the meetings. I need something to rekindle that spark.

Wow, the house is so quiet.:tt2: It is a nice cool 70 outside and 50s at night. LOVE IT!

Cindy...did you get the front?

I think I might go in for a fill sooner than I said I was. A little restriction would be better than this ZERO restriction. Maybe get them to put in 1 cc. Just enough to remind me that I have a band, ya know? Keep me honest. I figure the stress + 1 cc = just right restriction. lol

Have a great evening everyone...

Here is a pic of my dd Macy...

post-220113-13813138807089_thumb.jpg

post-220113-1381313880745_thumb.jpg

Wow, the house is so quiet.:thumbup: It is a nice cool 70 outside and 50s at night. LOVE IT!

Cindy...did you get the front?

Macy is adorable, and NOPE, no cool front, although it will probably rain in Tiger Stadium during the LSU-Florida game:crying:

It doesn't look like we are getting cooler temps until Friday.