Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Laura, I'm so sorry about your struggles w/your asthma. I have Exercised Induced Asthma but I just have slight emergencies. Nothing like what you describe. I can't imagine.

As far as the exercise stuff goes, sounds like that would be a good plan for you, if it can work out well. Hopefully it doesn't cause you to exercise LESS b/c nobody is around.

As far as H1N1, we will be getting DD vaccinated when our office gets the shots in. She's only 3 and is in a high risk group. On a professional site that I'm on we just had a prayer request for the family of a 5yr old who got sick on a Friday and was dead by that Monday. So sad.

I don't know yet that I will be vaccinated. I don't know if there is a shortage and I would want others w/more serious conditions to be able to get it.

Thank you for posting. I hope you are doing well now. Check in more often! Take care!

Laura, I'm so sorry about your struggles w/your asthma. .........

As far as H1N1, we will be getting DD vaccinated when our office gets the shots in. She's only 3 and is in a high risk group. On a professional site that I'm on we just had a prayer request for the family of a 5yr old who got sick on a Friday and was dead by that Monday. So sad..........

Thanks for your good wishes... but the case with the girl.. is why I want them all to take the shot... I live on the NY/NJ border and the Japanese are wearing those dreadful blue masks ... you are driving ..ugh... we went to the airport last month to pick up someone and my god..they came off the plane with that blue mask:w00t::thumbup::w00t:

My friends find it funny but it just shows you that they are not taking any chances and are taking precautions and are very serous. In a food store last week this woman had a scarf around her mouth and she started screaming that we were giving her germs.. my husband said I was whiter than a sheet when I met him outside the store..we were with friends and they said if I drank they would have given me a gallon :biggrin:

On the NJ side are loads of labs and they come out in droves with the masks... we are not talking about regular folks but folks who deal with germs and things like that.... me I let the family get dirty etc (normal things)..so when you see the masks ..you start to think ??????

Edited by jollygreen1955

Hey all

sorry for the lack of personals. I'm feeling better and just don't know where to start reading.

As for the swine, It is very scary, you hear about get sick and 2 days later... It would be nice if they gave details of what happened and what to look for. My kids have asthma, dd is much worse than ds, but I'm right on them. They both have colds and I keep telling ds if he has even a slight problem with his chest and listening very carefully to his cough. I'm so scared of that. I have nebulizer here and stocked on their meds, but what happens with these kids that they are not getting the proper care or attention that they fill up so quickly? That I don't understand and that is what scares me most. Do they just give them an antibiotic and send them home? I just don't get it.

Anyway, on another note...

I'm feeling better, and got floor done and now going to get my lazy butt up and clean. Going to walk tomorrow if it kills me.

I know I need to get dd in there for a flu shot...

Is it H1N1 that is priority? I am at a loss....

I know I need to get dd in there for a flu shot...

Is it H1N1 that is priority? I am at a loss....

I had to get the flu shot from Walgreens because the drs were out of them ...so quickly

We had to take my MIL to NJ, to a small Walgreens that people forgot about for her to get her shot

As for the swine flu shot (renamed H1N1...why???????) we are waiting for my allergist to receive his shipment but his secretary told me to come quickly because they feel the govt will not send them enough

As for the county that I live in (in some areas called parish) they did not have enough when the seniors came in for their shots

So.... it makes you think

Hey all

Tracy - I didn't want to put too much on Facebook, because I didn't know how much my aunt wants our family to know... but I only get to see her 1-2 times a year and she is my absolute favorite. Her daughter lives right outside NYC so I get to take a road trip, spend the night and spend some QT with her.

They live in SC and I would be down with her in a hot minute!!!

Jenn, glad to hear that you're feeling better.

~~~~~

Still raining tonight. Last I looked, which was mid-afternoon, we had 2 inches of rain. I'm sure we're at least up to 3 now. It's still pouring! We really need the rain. It's super windy too and that always makes me nervous after dark b/c I can't SEE what's going on, only HEAR it! LOL! Luckily DH is home so I don't have to worry too much. With all this rain and the heavy winds/gusts, there will probably be trees going down. Just praying the house stays intact!

It was funny tho 'cause DH was commenting earlier that he was glad we weren't in the trailer anymore! For the first 10 years we were together we rented a mobile home, single-wide, ancient thing. It was great in the summer b/c it sat under a full coverage of trees but winter storms were a little scary! :eek: We were surrounded by oak trees and the type we had are notorious for breaking parts off and falling. We never lost any but it always made for a nervous night. :)

Headed to bed soon. 'Night!!

Hey yall!!! I have a couple of questions, hope it's ok to ask on this thread. Sorry for the long post. I'm debating if I should get an unfill, Ok I was at 7cc's in my 10cc band. I had OK restriction in the morning and none at night so I went in for a fill that put me at 7.5cc from that day on I had terrible reflux. I could actually hear gurgling in my stomach and it was even hard to get Water down, so after about a month I went in to get an unfill and the PA took me down to 7cc's again. I felt immediate relief and as soon as I left I immediately "chugged" down a bottle water with no problem. It felt so good to drink water again (I have always drank lot's of water). I could eat and drink again, I was actually worried that I would gain. I have managed to lose about 10lbs since then, but then somehow I am back there again. I still have the 7cc's but I am so tight again, and I'm confused as to how before my last fill 7cc's was not enough, but now I am struggling to get water down again especially in the morning. I can't eat or drink much until around 3pm. I do okay at night and try to get all my water in when I can. The reason as to why I'm not sure about getting an unfill is because sometimes I can eat a lot at night. Sometimes I can eat more than I should, but come morning it's a struggle to get even water down. And those Protein Shakes forget it, I don't know what it is but I can't drink them either. Now my question is do you guys think I need to go for an unfill again? I'm so scared to get an unfill because I don't want to go backwards. Please anyone if you have advise I would like to hear it. Thanks!!!!

Hi all just checking in. Had my 5 month lap band follow up and lost 4 lbs since last month! I hope everyone is doing good. I've been swamped with school and work and what not that its crazy

Wow, that was weird...it wouldn't let me reply without having Michelle's post from days ago with it. So, I deleted it, but anyway.

Mom, it definitely sounds like you are too tight again. I have no explanation for it, but it happens. I would go in and get another small unfill.

Rain! UGH! It won't stop raining here. I have 4 1/2 acres right now and it is all a sloppy mess. We can't even cut the grass it is so wet.:)

Good morning all

Mom - I would say slight unfill for a month to let your system adjust. Tracy K knows about that best.

Me personally, I would try do do the post surgery diet for a couple days, do liquids to let your body settle down, I'm doing that right now because I've been throwing up. Also, I know you can chug Water, but try sipping for a few. You could have done too much too soon?

Hi gals,

I'm still feeling like i want to get sick, If I could have children, I would almost wonder.... that is just how I feel.

I was going to go for my walk this morning, but I'm going to put it on hold for a couple days. I have to get this bathroom done and the house cleaned up for Friday, and it seems I'm running out of time. Maybe I'll hit the gym tonight.

It is COLD here, 30 this morning when I got up. Yuck! Unseasonably cold all week, mid 40's. I don't like it, have my fireplaces going already!

Ok I'll be back, going to get kids ready for school

MomOf4-Sorry you are having trouble! Question...when did you have the unfill to 7? Sounds to me like you are really close to finding your sweet spot. 1 or 2 ccs makes a HUGE difference. I agree with Jen...I would do liquids then mushies to give your band a break. I would not get an unfill yet unless for some reason you cant get liquids or mushies down...let us know how you do!

PS...how you like the rain, heat & mosquitos around here lately?

Hey all

Tracy - I didn't want to put too much on Facebook, because I didn't know how much my aunt wants our family to know... but I only get to see her 1-2 times a year and she is my absolute favorite. Her daughter lives right outside NYC so I get to take a road trip, spend the night and spend some QT with her.

They live in SC and I would be down with her in a hot minute!!!

How FUN! When do you get to go? How far is SC from you?

It was funny tho 'cause DH was commenting earlier that he was glad we weren't in the trailer anymore! For the first 10 years we were together we rented a mobile home, single-wide, ancient thing. It was great in the summer b/c it sat under a full coverage of trees but winter storms were a little scary! :eek: We were surrounded by oak trees and the type we had are notorious for breaking parts off and falling. We never lost any but it always made for a nervous night. :)

I hear ya! LOL, we used to live in a single wide too and a moderate rainstorm would sound like a hurricane. :lol:
Hi all just checking in. Had my 5 month LAP-BAND® follow up and lost 4 lbs since last month! I hope everyone is doing good. I've been swamped with school and work and what not that its crazy

Hi cari...good to see you! Congrats on the -4 :w00t:

Rain! UGH! It won't stop raining here. I have 4 1/2 acres right now and it is all a sloppy mess. We can't even cut the grass it is so wet.:thumbup:

I feel ya...same here. Today it is gonna be 90 again, humid, mosquitos...ugh :sad:

Hi gals,

I'm still feeling like i want to get sick, If I could have children, I would almost wonder.... that is just how I feel.

I was going to go for my walk this morning, but I'm going to put it on hold for a couple days. I have to get this bathroom done and the house cleaned up for Friday, and it seems I'm running out of time. Maybe I'll hit the gym tonight.

I am sorry you are still sick. My nausea went away, thank goodness. As far as the gym...I have not been in such a long time. I feel like a slug.

Jolly Laura :eek: I am going to call my dd's pediatrician and see what they are offering as far as the vaccines. I would never be able to live with myself if dd got the virus and I could have prevented it. *sigh*

Hi everyone...lots of errand running and shopping to do today. At least it isnt raining anymore...so that is a plus. :lol:

Hi Irene, shalee, suzie, jane and everyone else I may have missed but didn't mean to :wink5: :eek:

Have a great day everyone and I will ttyl....respect the pouch!

Thanks for all the advice!!!! Well this morning I woke up and of course could not get anything down not even Water. I tried hot tea, and it all came back up!! Being very frustrated and very thirsty I went to the health food store here near my house. I explained to the lady there and she agreed with the comments I got here from all of yall, my pouch is very irritated. She recommended the papaya enzymes and aloe vera, and let me tell you almost immediately I could eat and drink. Thank you so much for the comments, I feel so much better!!! As soon as I got in the car I drank 2oz of the aloe vera, a few minutes later I ate a Protein Bar (almond bar that was so yummy!!) I got from there and it all went down fine. After I ate the bar I took 3 papaya enzymes, an hour later drank 16oz of water and even ate a small salad for dinner. It feels so good to eat and drink again. Thanks guys for the advice. If tomorrow goes well I'm going to call and cancel my appt. for the unfill.

Tracy the heat and humidity were horrible today, but since I could eat and drink again i didnt let it get me down. Lol!! I hear were getting a cold front coming in this week. YEA!!!!!!!!!