Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

My darling friends, please understand I am excited about it being my smallest adult size in 18 years, but it is still an adult Large. But dangit, it feels good to me!!! I went shopping and realized I can't really wear a misses L in a sweatshirt, because it is too short. The misses XL is too wide. WTH?! I am going to need to buy the men's just to get it long enough. :w00t: I am right now a size 12 non stretch jeans and lg jacket, and med shirts. Lowest weight for me was 150 20 years ago, right now I'm 184. I don't ever remember wearing a lg jacket, so I totally unerstand what you are saying, I'm not done but so happy. Actually I had a couple jacket things from 20 years ago, that are now big on me.:eek:

I am going to vent a little bit too. What is with all stores selling petite and average lengths only in the stores? Kohl's, Target, etc... I need longer lengths, so most of the time I have to order online. You all know it is hard to figure out what size you are when you try to move from plus to regular sizes. I am frustrated.:lol:My DD is 5'8" already and not done growing. Old Navy has longer sweatshirts, and her zip up hoodies and shirts she gets from American Eagle and Hollister. I know kind of expensive, but longer. I am only 5'5" (short compared to her) but my shirts I get at wallyworld, and wash them a couple times and they all seem to shrink up not in!

Today we went to a movie (Zombieland) and the arm between the chairs lifts, so we lift it and kinda snuggle together. The theater was crowded so there was a man, a tall, fair sized man in the chair next to me, and I did not feel crammed in at all. I used to feel so suffocated in a theater seat, I would even leave a seat open sometimes between DH and I so I felt like I had space....

Sometimes those things have to be remembered, to realize how far we have come! I know I did some backsliding, but I have seriously changed my life!

Today I felt proud of it......

Isn't it funny what simple things in life make us realize how proud we should be, I'm never happy... but lately I've been realizing I can sit in a booth with a larger guy, I can fit in a chair and not be squeezed in, I can walk through an isle that looks small and I'll fit....

I am 6 feet tall and sweatshirts have never ever been a problem :)

As I am losing I do not seem to have a problem

I do think that I will have a length problem with the arms

Please keep me posted as to what you are doing for the length problem

I am wearing some men ones because they are cheaper (really cheaper)

BUt my shirts are woman

Making me think,,,, when I was in my 20s and thin ... I did have problems....OMG...but I will still continue on my healthy journey

But it is well worth the journey isn't it????:blink:

Hi everyone! I am busy with cleaning and need to start dinner but I wanted to stop in and say hi.

Great NSVs ladies. I will be there again someday! :thumbup:

Yes you will Tracy! You are a strong person and inspire me... lets go girl.

I love halloween... we got Dylan's costume too, he is going to be a fireman. simple and I can layer the heck out of him, you never know if it is going to be warm or cold and being on a Sat, will be out at all different times.

Guess who is coming down with the Flu??????

And I had a Flu shot 2 weeks ago. Guess I got the wrong shot.

Suzanne - take care of yourself - (((hugs)))

Hey y'all.

Just checking in. I've been in a funk the last couple of days and haven't felt like doing much, including posting. I can't tell if I'm coming down with something and that's the problem or what. Guess I'll find out.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week.

I hear you, I have not felt like doing much myself.

Ok well off for my walk and back to healthy eating today, been way out of control the last week.

I'll be back to check in later

Guess who is coming down with the Flu??????

And I had a Flu shot 2 weeks ago. Guess I got the wrong shot.

OMG :lol: Please take good care of yourself. Are you running fever? I will keep you on my prayers!

No Way :eek::scared2::):scared2::scared2:

:angry::angry:start drinking :sneaky::sneaky:jewish penicillin :sneaky::sneaky: chicken Soup

I hope you get better

Laura...

No comments about my comment and

I am Jewish and it works

You seriously crack me up! :lol::lol:

I am a firm believer in Karma, what goes around comes around....when you do right,eventually it comes back to you. And when I find that really hard to keep believing, I pray it is true!!

I too am tall -- 5'9" and hate that clothes are not made proportionatly for me. Even in big clothes, they got wider, not longer. Now it is the same, my belly was always my issue, and it was horrible! Since my TT, it is not so bad if the shirts are not as long, but----I prefer them to come over the top of my pants!!! LOL

Speaking for the non-tucked...it sucks! lol I am like Cindy, 5'7 but still a pain to find long shirts. I agree with Jen-walmart shirts shrink up. Oh, And I believe in karma too. Maybe that is why I have been going thru a tough time :wink3: LOL I stuck a pumpkin outside...I am done! :blink:

I am only 5'7". The men's sweatshirts are a perfect length, but the women's is way too short. They are wide and short, dangit, so I bought the men's today. Now, I did find some misses fleece and sweaters at Old Navy today, so I bought them. :thumbup:

I feel your pain! I love old navy, great clothes and reasonably priced (for the most part)

Hey y'all.

Just checking in. I've been in a funk the last couple of days and haven't felt like doing much, including posting. I can't tell if I'm coming down with something and that's the problem or what. Guess I'll find out.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week.

Awww Michelle I hope you feel better soon. I know that funk feeling. Hopefully you are not getting sick! Moms have to stay well! :thumbup: Take care!

Yes you will Tracy! You are a strong person and inspire me... lets go girl.

I love halloween... we got Dylan's costume too, he is going to be a fireman. simple and I can layer the heck out of him, you never know if it is going to be warm or cold and being on a Sat, will be out at all different times.

You know Jen, it is weird. It seems as if all of my get up and go has gotten up and left. I am trying so hard to get my mind in the frame of mind it needs to be in and I am failing. I know it is all mental but sheesh!

Irene & Shalee and Cari, how are you ladies doing?

Everyone....Good Monday morning. A nice 54 degrees here in SouthEast TX. :w00t: Love it!

The girls are geting ready for school and I am about to have to finish helping Macy.

I am so proud of myself. (this is prob not a big deal to any of you, but here goes) For the first time in my life, I cooked vegetables from the produce dept instead of canned or frozen! :woot: Go ME! I steamed some brussel sprouts and cauliflower. I feel like Martha Stewart, I swear! :w00t: Now the sky is the limit!!!

Have a great day ladies. I will check back in later.

You know Jen, it is weird. It seems as if all of my get up and go has gotten up and left. I am trying so hard to get my mind in the frame of mind it needs to be in and I am failing. I know it is all mental but sheesh!

Irene & Shalee and Cari, how are you ladies doing?

Everyone....Good Monday morning. A nice 54 degrees here in SouthEast TX. :thumbup: Love it!

The girls are geting ready for school and I am about to have to finish helping Macy.

I am so proud of myself. (this is prob not a big deal to any of you, but here goes) For the first time in my life, I cooked vegetables from the produce dept instead of canned or frozen! :blink: Go ME! I steamed some brussel sprouts and cauliflower. I feel like Martha Stewart, I swear! :w00t: Now the sky is the limit!!!

Have a great day ladies. I will check back in later.

Hey sister (((hugs))) I feel your pain, i lost my get up and go a year ago, maybe it is the new found freedom of trying to find someone to share my life with, and I felt so fat I didn't think anyone could look at me differently than I see myself. I'm not sure. I had a bad week, and I hope that being golden will help me with my last 10lbs, but either way, I have lost another 3" in the past month so I feel good about that, and I'm learning to take a compliment. So I guess I have some motivation.

As for veggies, you are missing out girlfriend! I never eat canned or frozen, ok peas maybe but that is it. give me a veggie you like, i'll give you a quick easy way to cook it, love green ones the best! Zuccini, fresh spinach are my favorites, Broccoli I sometimes have a hard time choking down, but love it.

Well, I walked 6 miles this morning, feeling good! I forgot i have fasting blood work this morning and guess what, I had 2 cups of coffee:cursing: my reminder just went off, so I'm trying to call and see if i need to cancel.

I do canned green Beans, as that is the way Rick prefers them unless they are FRESH out of the garden and roasted, otherwise the can with a bit of bacon and he is happy. That is pretty much the only canned veggie we eat. We do frozen ones...corn, peas, mixed veggies. Cauliflower, broccoli, greens (which he does not eat!) I do fresh. Squash we pretty much only eat during the summer when it is fresh. I freeze grated squash, and use it to make zucchini bread through the winter, but have not found a way I like to eat it as itself after being frozen! Occasionally he will want hominy, and I buy it canned....but we don't do a lot of canned things. I use Soups, as bases for different dishes, but not a lot of cans overall.

It was nice 50 degrees here this morning, I got up, put on short sleeves, sit down in here to pay bills, and I hear it pouring outside....I cannot win!!

I did not drink enough over the weekend, and by yesterday afternoon, my kidneys were telling on me. So I pushed the Water last night, and spent the night up peeing! But I am not hurting this morning, so it is all good. I paid for it on the scale too---up 1.5 pounds! Oh well, was a good weekend, not complaining. Only that it was way too short. Totally NOT ready to go back to work today!

Kinsey changed her mind Tracy, she is a monkey for Halloween. She LOVES monkeys. She has them hanging from the ceiling of her room on vines, and has them on her bed set....and they went into Old Navy, and she saw the Monkey costume, and out the window went her bumble bee. She was soooo happy, she called me from Albq. to tell me about it. She said it has a fat belly from eating too many bananas! I told her maybe I would put nanners in her trick or treat bag instead of candy she said ok!!

Well time for me to run. grrrrrrrrr

Suzanne, hope you are feeling better.

Michelle, get outta that funk, and vent to us!

Jenn...(hugs)

Sorry I am out of time y'all! Traffic in the morning well, and in the evening SUCKS!

:rolleyes2:hi tracy, i have not been band yet. i had all my test done last week . when i got home i called my doctor. i go to see him on nov9 i'm so excited & very nevous also. a friend of mine had it done . and she looks great. i want this so so bad because i have been on oxgen for 4 years and i'm getting tired of being big also. so thats why i'm going to get band . the doc told me i might not need it anymore. and thats the biggest thing and losing weight . believe me i can't wait . tc & good luck tweety(brenda)

Edited by tweety51

:thumbup::rolleyes2:Karma has hit me hard

I posted on this blog that I talked this woman at her church (sale) on Saturday to keep her yarn and gave her sites for patterns and XMAS gifts that she could make.....blah..blah:laugh:

Sunday, get this absolutely GORGEOUS afgan (used) whe i tried to get clothes to pass on :thumbup:

THE BEST :eek::eek::eek:

:w00t::tt2::lol: woke up this morning

:sneaky::tt1::wink3: went on sons laptop

:):w00t::w00t:and I won :lol::drool: Yarn :eek::drool:

from my crochet club

:blink::thumbup: I have never won the lottos here in NY

:angry::tt1::woot::tt1:but am so excited and cannot wait for the mail to come ...probably receive next week:thumbup::w00t:

:scared2::w00t:DH came in 5 mins ago from client and he is so amazed :sneaky::wub:

hello all

not much happening, just ate a salad from subway, have not had hot sauce in months, been craving it... OMG, my systems is like what are you putting in my body??????

going to relax for a few and get up and clean.

xoxo all

Hey sister (((hugs))) I feel your pain, i lost my get up and go a year ago, maybe it is the new found freedom of trying to find someone to share my life with, and I felt so fat I didn't think anyone could look at me differently than I see myself. I'm not sure. I had a bad week, and I hope that being golden will help me with my last 10lbs, but either way, I have lost another 3" in the past month so I feel good about that, and I'm learning to take a compliment. So I guess I have some motivation.

As for veggies, you are missing out girlfriend! I never eat canned or frozen, ok peas maybe but that is it. give me a veggie you like, i'll give you a quick easy way to cook it, love green ones the best! Zuccini, fresh spinach are my favorites, Broccoli I sometimes have a hard time choking down, but love it.

Thank you Jen. I would LOVE to do spinach next :blink: I can live on spinach. The kids prob will disagree...lol

Kinsey changed her mind Tracy, she is a monkey for Halloween. She LOVES monkeys. She has them hanging from the ceiling of her room on vines, and has them on her bed set....and they went into Old Navy, and she saw the Monkey costume, and out the window went her bumble bee. She was soooo happy, she called me from Albq. to tell me about it. She said it has a fat belly from eating too many bananas! I told her maybe I would put nanners in her trick or treat bag instead of candy she said ok!!

OMG she is gonna be TOO cute! Macy would never go for the banana thing...lol She wants candy. Bad thing is she like the hard candies and gives me all the chocolate :scared2:

:rolleyes2:hi tracy, i have not been band yet. i had all my test done last week . when i got home i called my doctor. i go to see him on nov9 i'm so excited & very nevous also. a friend of mine had it done . and she looks great. i want this so so bad because i have been on oxgen for 4 years and i'm getting tired of being big also. so thats why i'm going to get band . the doc told me i might not need it anymore. and thats the biggest thing and losing weight . believe me i can't wait . tc & good luck tweety(brenda)

Tweety...I am so happy for you! Good luck on your journey and if you have any questions just let us know. We have lots of veterans here that can answer your questions! Let me know how your dr appt goes. I am SO excited for you! :thumbup:

:thumbup::rolleyes2:Karma has hit me hard Least it wasn't caramel that hit you hard! :woot: :sneaky:

THE BEST :eek::eek::eek:

:w00t::tt2::lol: woke up this morning

:wink3::tt1::angry: went on sons laptop

:sneaky::w00t::w00t:and I won :lol::drool: Yarn :eek::drool:

from my crochet club How cool is that?!! Just in time for you to make me a christmas present :w00t: :). No but really, that is awesome. How much yarn did you win?

THE BEST

woke up this morning

went on sons laptop

and I won Yarn

from my crochet club How cool is that?!! Just in time for you to make me a christmas present . No but really, that is awesome. How much yarn did you win?

I have no idea...but waiting for it to come in the mail :thumbup::blink::drool::w00t::drool::lol::drool::eek::drool::):drool::scared2::drool:

Wake up!!!!!!! Did I scare ya'll?

Oh my....i really hate waking up to a bunch of noise :huh2:. DH is off today and he has one noise level...loud. I didn't want to crawl out of my warm bed this morning! but I did it :scared2:

Macy was hard to wake up too. Like mother like daughter. :cursing:

I have a dr appt this morning. It is a follow up to see how my happy pills are working. I am going to tell him everything but I am worried hat if he changes it that the side efects will be worse. No, I am going to put my faith in my dr and pray for the best.

Have a great day ladies.

Suz...how are you today?

Tracy

good luck with your appt today, I had one yesterday for the same thing.

I like quiet mornings too, just do what I have to do... ya' know? I get up 45 mins before anyone so I can have a cup of coffee and wake up

Super tired this morning. I would have loved to stay in bed, it is rainy and dreary, perfect sleeping weather.

We had a late (9:30) game last night. Was a wierd game, the umpire was a freakazoid! He ejected all these players for unsportsmanlike conduct, and all they were doing was joking with our team, and we were joking back, but it just happened when their team was at bat. It ended up causing them to be short on numbers to make a team, and resulted in a forfeit. Our team sent a couple over to play so we could at least scrimmage, which totally PO'd the blue, he has to stay while people are on the field, even if he is not working the game---he is responsible for maintaining the field until the close of game time, which is an hour. We figured when he got so bent outta shape, he was just trying to get home early. Then when I told Rick the Bronco's score he got totally mad, and was kicking the bleachers--while he was on the phone---it was almost comical. The field blue stayed around, and even called the game for us. In the end, with 2 of our players, they beat us! LOL It went in our win column because of the forfeit, but we did not "win" it!

I have Beans in the crockpot.....mmmmmm they smell good already. I want to make some homemade red chile to go with them, but time is not in my favor to do that....we'll see.

I made burritos night before last, so tonight we will have Beans and the next night, I plan to mix them all and make stuffed sopapillas with it! All of it being done will make it quick and easy.

I was all put out when I got up and the 1.5 pounds is still with me, then I remembered I ate tons of sunflower seeds during the game....all that salt always gets me.

Better go get things together so I can get outta here. I don't wanna go.

Kat

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I love that kind of food

have a good day

First time out of bed in 18 hours. Need to get blood flowing in a different direction. Headed back to bed now. I'll check in when I feel up to getting out of bed again.

Thanks for the well wishes but the post about all the food is getting to me. :cursing: