Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I do not go out of my way to be a witch, like my boss, but I am not going to sit still and be used, and abused by her either---and if they choose not to employ me anymore, then their loss--I do my job well, I just don't do well with HER!

YAY...it is so good to hear someone that knows they are valuable! It is really sad how one person can make life so miserable. I had a lady like that where I used to work. She liked to try to tell me what to do but here is the great part...she wasn't my boss! lol I feel bad for you but I love your attitude! Good girl! :lol:

Irene-I am sorry that the gastric bypass fell through for you. But you know what? I am a believer in everything happens for a reason. And if it is any consolation, I know you are going to do GREAT! We can do this together :lol: ok?

Positive thoughts, positive actions

Thank you so much for your support. It means alot! It is so great to see ya! And YEP, I know where to find ya!

This is how my story has gone so far...

highest weight around 325

Lost down to 163 on my own with diet & exercise (15 years ago)

gained back up to 276 over the next 10 years

went to 310 while pregnant (aug '03)

Surgery weight 257 (april 07)

Was down to 173 in Feb '08

quit smoking in March of '08

This morning I was back to 240. (but I still do not smoke)

So, how is that for a roller coaster?!

So, I have pretty much been the poster child for "how to work your band" and now it should be "what not to do when you have a band" LOL

Its all good though. I am back on track as of today. I just got home from the gym. So far today I have had coffee with cream, no sugar and a bowl of oatmeal (no sugar).

Take care xo

Irene, super letter. I started out on WW and lost alot going into this surgery. I continued to go to the meetings till about a year ago. I only missed the meeting of the week after my surgery, and no one but the instructor ever knew that I had the band. I hit a plataeu right around this time last year and decided that the money was a waste. Why pay someone to tell me I had gained a 1/2 pound or didn't lose any at all. Well, in the last year I have managed to lose only about 35lbs. Yes a loss but I keep reminding myself that it could have been so much better. That I am better than that. Still can't figure out where my head is but we aren't out of the game completely.

I did weight this morning and am still at the same weight. I haven't eaten since Sunday morning but have drank a boat load of diet 7up.

There's new sheets on the bed. Jammies are all washed and I made a pot of Cheesy Tater Soup for dinner tonight. I think I'll crawl into my jammies and grab my blanket and hit the remote and get caught up on a few shows.

As far as work goes. I have called in replacements but the girl that does the south store in the morning was already working and everyone else has kids that they have to get up and get ready for school. My shift on Wednesdays is 6am to 8am, so it really wasn't that bad. I pretty much stayed away from everyone and used a lot of GermX. I don't have to be at work for a couple of more days now. Plenty time to get me feeling 89%.

That is so great you will never give up! I feel the exact same way.

That is quite some rollercoaster ride you have been on, but the simple fact you wake up every single day and tell yourself this will be a good day is wonderful. I really believe you! Because I do the same thing.

We have to keep pushing through!

To be honest with the gastric bypass, I believe that too. I fully believe that when something happens in another direction which we wanted to go down then it was meant to be. I meant to learn something by this. I’m learning every day!!

We can definitely support each other in this. We both have seen the crazy ups and downs so I think we can both be of help to each other!! The road may be long but the finish line is so worth it.

Hey suzie! Yes, every day is a struggle but it’s so nice to know we have a little friend tucked away for when we’re ready to really get down to business.

But for now, get some rest and feel better soon! BTW how’s the toe? I’ve been away from here for a few…

i want to thank you all i love this sight, and i'm counting the days when i go to the doctors.i'm learning a lot from you all. tweety51

Hello everyone,

I'd like to join here. My name is Gloria, married 9 yrs, 3 grown children, 2 stepchildren (grown), 4 grands and 5 step grands.

I have been on this journey since August '07. It has truly been a struggle, but I'm grateful for the lost. I'm hoping to lose these last 17 pounds by Dec (that's my next fill visit). I know I'm my worst enemy with my tool and believe me DH is no help. It's just like last night on the "Biggest Loser" when the black team went home and the spouses and parents were ALL amazed at their weight loss and BAM they go out and eat and order (not the contestants, the families) like there's no tomorrow. I know that we need to be able to be around people that can still eat the unhealthy food, but uh, can I get you help ME!!!!!:crying: and not do it. Mine you, DH needs to eat a bit healthy himself. :thumbup:

Anywho, I love my band tool.

Welcome Gloria

shoot, I fell asleep for the end... I forgot I'm going to rewind dvr and watch it.

I agree, it is all will power, I'm at my last 10lbs for my initial goal, but would love to ultimately be another 25 when I'm done.

This is a great group of gals, hope we can help!

That is so great you will never give up! I feel the exact same way.

That is quite some rollercoaster ride you have been on, but the simple fact you wake up every single day and tell yourself this will be a good day is wonderful. I really believe you! Because I do the same thing.

We have to keep pushing through!

To be honest with the gastric bypass, I believe that too. I fully believe that when something happens in another direction which we wanted to go down then it was meant to be. I meant to learn something by this. I’m learning every day!!

We can definitely support each other in this. We both have seen the crazy ups and downs so I think we can both be of help to each other!! The road may be long but the finish line is so worth it.

Hi - Tracy and I were banded at the same time, we met in another thread, but we were neck and neck for a while and then she blew my ass (sorry) out of the Water. She is amazingly strong *you are sister and you know it!

Anyway, I am taking this last year as a major learning experience. I no longer think twice about the healthy way to make something, or avoiding bad food. I maintained for over a year, which to me says a lot, but I'm ready to finish this adventure.

I have a schedule, when I don't exercise I feel lazy, no matter what crazy project I'm doing. I've changed myself. I have been harassing my dd to slow down and not inhale her food, she lost 10lbs in a month just doing that and she feels better. She was 164lbs but is 5'8" so that was not horrible, but is now 155. We are 20lbs apart and sharing some clothes. I can't wait to squeeze into her size 8's... :thumbup::lol::lol:that is funny stuff... size 8

anyway i guess I'm saying this last leg of the adventure is learning the reality of the situation, life changes not diet. Diet is a horrible word and I don't ever want to be on one again.

LETS DO IT GUYS... LETS KICK ASS SO WE CAN START THE NEW YEAR WITH THE NEW US! WE WILL SHOW THEM ALL

sorry gals

i was all over the board, i had organized thoughts when I started typing.

off to shower!

LOL! Jen, that’s cool – I guess that’s why we’re all in the homeless thread! :-D

Absolutely lets do this gals!! We CAN and we WILL do this! Some of us only have a few to get to goal, and some of us like myself have 95 Lbs. but no matter! We will support one another until we get there.

You're so close to 8's, that's fantastic! I've still got these super cute 14's sitting on my door waiting for me to get my cr*p together. But if there ever was a time, it's now. I'm chowing down on salad. It's always been super filling for me. Don't know why I don't have it more. I truly love them. The only thing with calories I put on it is 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch light. Sooo good!

You all are some awesome ladies. I just wanted to tell you that. I’m so grateful to have found you all! :thumbup:

LOL! Jen, that’s cool – I guess that’s why we’re all in the homeless thread! :-D

Absolutely lets do this gals!! We CAN and we WILL do this! Some of us only have a few to get to goal, and some of us like myself have 95 Lbs. but no matter! We will support one another until we get there.

You're so close to 8's, that's fantastic! Well, I am in a 12 now, can squeeze and look disgusting in a size 10. I'll be happy at a 10!

I've still got these super cute 14's sitting on my door waiting for me to get my cr*p together. But if there ever was a time, it's now. I'm chowing down on salad. It's always been super filling for me. Don't know why I don't have it more. I truly love them. The only thing with calories I put on it is 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch light. Sooo good! I can't eat huge salads and I always slice lettuce like it is at subway, bite size. I make ranch dressing with sour cream only, no mayo, only 40 cals for 2 tbs.

I can eat the same thing every day as long as I have seasoning to make it taste good.

You all are some awesome ladies. I just wanted to tell you that. I’m so grateful to have found you all! :thumbup: right back at ya'

I am back to being super motivator, I've lost 30lbs and 15 inches in 2 1/2 months. I'm not giving up now! I'm ready to motivate you all

Still can't figure out where my head is but we aren't out of the game completely. My head is headed in the right direction. After I lose some of what I gained back and get my fill I will be unstoppable :(

I did weight this morning and am still at the same weight. I haven't eaten since Sunday morning but have drank a boat load of diet 7up. I think it will drop in the morning or the day after. When I was so sick last year and could not keep anything down for 3 days it took a couple of days to show on the scales, remember?

My shift on Wednesdays is 6am to 8am, so it really wasn't that bad. I pretty much stayed away from everyone and used a lot of GermX. I don't have to be at work for a couple of more days now. Plenty time to get me feeling 89%. 6-8 isn't bad. Glad you are gonna be off a couple of days. I'll keep prayin!

We can definitely support each other in this. We both have seen the crazy ups and downs so I think we can both be of help to each other!! The road may be long but the finish line is so worth it.[/QUOTE]

Irene & Everyone...You know what?, I totally agree and as corny as this sounds...it is true, so here goes. This group in here is very special. New bandsters, veteran bandsters, bouncing bansters...lol, OH and a almost-to-be-banded bandster :thumbup:. We are all going to be able to help each other. You all are already helping me. I have old friends here (Jen, Kat, Suzanne and Jane peeks in) and new friends here. I look forward every day to posting again and to see what & how you all are doing. I had lost that encouragement, and I am SO glad to have it back. Thank you all!

i want to thank you all i love this sight, and i'm counting the days when i go to the doctors.i'm learning a lot from you all. tweety51

Hi there tweety. I am so glad that you are gonna stay posting with us. A brand new bandster will bring back to us 'old people' a little rejuvination, and I know I really need that. :w00t:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to join here. My name is Gloria, married 9 yrs, 3 grown children, 2 stepchildren (grown), 4 grands and 5 step grands.

I have been on this journey since August '07. It has truly been a struggle, but I'm grateful for the lost. I'm hoping to lose these last 17 pounds by Dec (that's my next fill visit). I know I'm my worst enemy with my tool and believe me DH is no help.

Hi Gloria, welcome! You have done fantastic with your band. You GO! That is awesome :blush:. Hope you stay with us because we have very special people in here. The best if I must say so myself. lol

Hi - Tracy and I were banded at the same time, we met in another thread, but we were neck and neck for a while and then she blew my ass (sorry) out of the Water. She is amazingly strong *you are sister and you know it! Yeah...:wub: LOL, you gonna make me blush. Now you have blown ME away. :blush:

Anyway, I am taking this last year as a major learning experience. I no longer think twice about the healthy way to make something, or avoiding bad food. I maintained for over a year, which to me says a lot, but I'm ready to finish this adventure. Well, after you are finished I hope you do not think you are leaving LBT because I know how to find you!

I can't wait to squeeze into her size 8's... :lol::lol::lol:that is funny stuff... size 8 I had gotten in stretch 8s and they are still in the closet because I WILL wear them again.

LETS DO IT GUYS... LETS KICK ASS SO WE CAN START THE NEW YEAR WITH THE NEW US! WE WILL SHOW THEM ALL AMEN!!!!

LOL! Jen, that’s cool – I guess that’s why we’re all in the homeless thread! :-D I kinda wish I could rename this thread now because we are not homeless anymore. :blush:

Absolutely lets do this gals!! We CAN and we WILL do this! Some of us only have a few to get to goal, and some of us like myself have 95 Lbs. but no matter! We will support one another until we get there. Can I get another AMEN?! :wink2:

I'm chowing down on salad. It's always been super filling for me. Don't know why I don't have it more. I truly love them. The only thing with calories I put on it is 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch light. Sooo good! OK so great minds think alike. That is what I just ate too.

You all are some awesome ladies. I just wanted to tell you that. I’m so grateful to have found you all! :wub: Ditto.... :wink3:

I am back to being super motivator, I've lost 30lbs and 15 inches in 2 1/2 months. I'm not giving up now! I'm ready to motivate you all

Good...then I can maybe catch up and pass you up again? LOL No way, but it was funny. :tt2:

Laura-did you get your yarn?

Kat-how was your work day? A good one I hope!

Michelle-are you OK? We miss you! :w00t:

Cindy-supposed to be another front coming here tomorrow. The weekend is going to be beautiful again. I wonder if it will reach you?! I hope so!

Cari-how is work and school going?

Guys I am Hungry with a capital H. I can not wait to get a fill! I forgot how much hunger pains SUCK! But I had a healthy day AND went to the gym so I feel like a winner.

Have a great night ladies. :crying:

[quote name=

Laura-did you get your yarn?

][/b]

:blush::tt1::tt1:Waiting for the mailman:wub::blush::wub:

but maybe I should crochet a lapband:laugh::blush::(

Kidding aside the internet has beautiful items... just need more yarn:sneaky::thumbup::sneaky::crying:

:wink3::tt1::tt1:Waiting for the mailman:wub::wink2::wub:

but maybe I should crochet a LAP-BAND®:blush::w00t::blush:

Kidding aside the internet has beautiful items... just need more yarn:sneaky::thumbup::sneaky::crying:

LOL...if you are able to, THAT would be impressive! :w00t:

The mailman??? omg it could be next year! :(

MomOf4-what did you tell me your name is? I can't find it (laziness) :blush: How is your band doing for you now?