Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Suzie: I hope you feel better soon!

Tracy: I am looking forward to the cool weather again, but I am dreading the rain tomorrow and Friday.:thumbup:

LOL...if you are able to, THAT would be impressive! :blush:

The mailman??? omg it could be next year! :blush:

:wink3::tt1::tt1:Tracey:wub::w00t::wub::wink2:

Went to Walmart just know depressed and thought I could get some cheap yarn to make some toilet tissue covers....still waiting for my prize to come....

:blush::w00t::w00t::w00t:I say this yarn Red Heart that is flecked and said wow... to expensive at 7 dollars, but maybe those are the ones for 4 dollars.....OMG..so this woman who works in the store tells me she will check the price;.......ONE DOLLAR... they were discontinued ...only the fiex for one dollar... the unflex...took to the scanner becasue would use for a hat...$ 4 dollars

SO yours truly purchased all the black flexed for 1 dollar apiece and will make this great coat (which I will double the yarn for)..... OMG

TO EXCITED>..asked the manager and she said..lady everyone complains...I said I am not complaining how will I know when it goes major markdown...no signs at the store

so excited...poor DH ,,, he said the bags of yarn were just hanging out of the bags

:thumbup::thumbup::crying::thumbup::(:thumbup:

Hey girls~

Made it through hump day, now a down hill slide into the weekend! YAY!!!

Actually it could have been much worse of a day, it was pretty calm. She didn't have much to say to me! There are 4 of us working there is all. The Dr., the office manager, the bookkeeper/biller, and myself. I used to do labs only, but morphed into doing the entire front end reception work too. Which is ok, I like it. I screen patients, and do the pre work up before they see the Dr. Several years ago, the bookeeper worked for them before, when she found herself young, unwed, and pregnant. They even allowed her to bring her baby to work with her for months. When the baby got more mobile, she ended up quiting. But they refer to the now 5 year old as "their" baby. Well the bookeeper is still young, still unwed, and now has 3 kids and is worried #4 is on the way. All with the same dad, but they do not live together, and he is not faithful, nor supportive.

So the Dr. and the OM, "take care of" her ALL the time. Don't get me wrong, I like her, I like her a lot, she is sweet, and has NEVER done anything to me.

It ends up that they bring lunch in, and include her--but not me. Or they take her to lunch with them, and I am left alone with the phone, the patients coming in---all of it.

I would like to say it is not jealousy. Because I truly do not want to go with them. I enjoy my quiet, down time on my lunch hour, AWAY from them. But I just feel VERY ostracized.

There is some language barrier, as well as cultural issues with the Dr. He is from Nigeria, and he says things that should NOT be said! When discussing lunch hours one day he straight up said it would not hurt any of us to miss meals---and patted his belly as he looked at me! Seriously! He repeatedly says things about my wealth. Yes my husband works--but we are not wealthy! I would not work with them if that were the case!!!

The office manager has twice made comments about "white women's attitudes". She is hispanic. And to round us out, the bookeeper is Navajo Indian. We are an extremely diverse office!!! But I am the one not included in ANYTHING! They buddy up to go to the bank, or close themselves in the Dr.'s office and laugh and carry on.

I know it sounds like nothing more than 'sour grapes' but it is humiliating----being made to feel like you are not worthy.

I have documented many instances, and if it comes to it, I will use them to try to draw unemployment off of them.

So yes when she sets me up, it makes me mad, but it is the little mind game things that are getting to me. I am not a person who NEEDS everyone to like me---but I at least would like a reason. I have not done anything to them....it is just too wierd!

I am in for a start over!!!!

Morning Girls.

Woke up about a half hour ago and decided to go ahead and get out of bed. I'm feeling a little better. Tummy is a little upset so I'm sipping more 7up.

Rain, rain, rain. For about the next 3 hours, and than the temps are supposed to start dropping. 59 right now and 50 by around 4pm. At least it's not snow yet. LOL.

Laura-what a bargain you found! How long does it take to make the things you make...? Curiosity :crying:

Kat-The women that worked in the office that I worked in did the exact same thing to me...and for no reason at all. I know where you are coming from. I would not have gone with them but being invited would be nice. The snide remarks being made are totally uncalled for. Do you think they are trying to make you quit?

Suzanne-same here. Rain until about noon or 1 then the temps will go down. Not to 50 but tomorrows high is 69 :blush:

Good morning everyone...wow the rain is really coming down this morning! DH is bringing the kids to school so that makes me happy :thumbup:.

How often do you all weigh? I used to weigh every day but since I am restarting my journey I think I will do it every other day for now. I can not weigh once a week because I convince myself it is OK to cheat because I have the rest of the week to fix it. :( I am such a bad girl! lol

Have a great day friends.

Hey all

Tracy - catch me... I dare you!

I'm back from my walk, took an extra 10 minutes today because I had new sneakers on today, actually ealized I wore my other pr out. Literally. My back and feet were killing me the last 3 days. Yes, took me 3 days to realize my poor sketchers have over 3000 miles on them. DUH!

Tracy - you were in an 8??? I don't think I'll ever get there.

Kat - I don't miss office politics, I give you credit. Give me workboots and a hardhat, and a bunch of guys... now that is my kind of job

Laura - you go with the bargain!

Suzanne - hey sister, how you feeling?

I weigh in every day, I have Water issues and if I gain I know I need to at least work hard to get rid of that and drink extra. blah blah blah.

BUT... it is mostly because I would eat and say screw it i can make up for it tomorrow, Not a good thing for me. I'm just not as mental and hard on myself if I don't lose. I've lost 30lbs and min 18" in 2 1/2 months, and that was no measurements for the first 3 weeks... so I'll take it, as long as something is happening

Water weight...I know the feeling! I need to get more Fluid pills!

Jen-yes, I was down to elastic 8/10s. And YES YOU WILL get there even if I have to kick you bootie all the way there! :-)

Here is my proof....hope you can read it :unsure: One day...one day... *sigh*

post-220113-13813138815407_thumb.jpg

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome....It's a Terrific Thursday (actually it's raining and chilly).

Kat....I feel ya! I hate for people to ignore me without cause, at least if I knew WHY they didn't like me then I can justify that. But you know what? It's about them and their "small mindness" cause Karma always comes back.

I have a scale, but it never shows me what I want to see, :wink2:so I try not to weigh. I usually go by my clothes and then I weigh when I go to the LB doctor for a fill.

I was getting my "small" clothes from my daughter (she has gained), but now she has larger sizes. I think I might be in a 14 or 12 depends on where I buy them. Walmart or Cato has been my store lately until I can lose these last 17 lbs. I do know that my 16 misses are too big.

Hope you are feeling better, Suziecat.:unsure:

Tracey, you have lots of support and love here!! We’re all going to do so great. I can feel it! I totally understand about the hunger pains. I think it was even worse since I was kicking a sugar habit at the same time. Oh the last week has been so trying for me!

Kat, I’m so sorry that is happening to you. You are such a wonderful lady, and I know that. You are very loved and needed here. Know that!! I know what it feels like to be ostracized and not know why. I do not wish that on anyone.

Are you looking for a new job? Sometimes the powers that be tell us when it’s time to move on in the strangest ways.

Suzie, so glad you’re feeling better! Let it continue. J

Jen, I have the Skechers Shape-Ups. Those things really do work! I love em and I was taking a look at them closely the other day. I really put some work in those things – it’s almost time for a new pair. I just bought these less than 6 months ago! They’re not cheap either so I’ll make sure I get every last mile I can out of them.

I have no idea what size I’ll end up in. I’m in 18’s right now at 252. I want to get to 160, as I do want and know I look better a few pounds heavier. I just think I’m naturally heavier than others who are my weight. I’m also 5’6 so you can really see that’s true.

Hi A lot, welcome! These are some awesome ladies here, you will be so comfy and happy.

I’m so proud to say I’ve stayed within my points and I’m down almost 4 pounds since last week! I myself MUST weigh every single day. I too get the idea that, oh it’s okay I don’t even know how much I weigh or whatever. It’s really easy for me to fall off the wagon unless I’m completely structured and on point! I do it same time every day too, first thing in the morning after doing the potty thing… lol sorry if tmi. I just figure best to do it that way to keep it as accurate as possible.

Okay ladies, what’s your modus operandi? I’ve found that getting back to tracking, especially with the looming thought that a professional will be watching me is helping so much. I can’t even tell you how much that is motivating me!

Also, having you all around to give me the support we all need is such a great thing too! Definitely weighing every day, as well as making sure I’m drinking plenty of Water and doing my workouts. So far it’s working!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

:seeya: Glad you came back again Gloria :unsure:

I have to use the scale since I am restarting this. If I went just by clothes I would be a sad individual right now...LOL

Now you all have me wanting to get a pair of shape-ups...for the name if not anything else. It will be a reminder.

Hey y'all, on my way to work, I started a book last night, Rick moved things around, and created me the best little reading nook, close to the fire, with the overstuffed chair, and "my" blanket--- so I curled up, and got involved in a book, so spent my morning reading!!!

Now it is time to head to work.

I am going to ride this awhile and see what happens, in this economy, looking for work is not an easy prospect, so going to make them make a move unless something falls in my lap....ya know?

They cancelled our game last night due to the muddy fields, not sure if we make it up tonight or when--I will try to get back in later!

Tracey, you have lots of support and love here!! We’re all going to do so great. I can feel it! I totally understand about the hunger pains. I think it was even worse since I was kicking a sugar habit at the same time. Oh the last week has been so trying for me!

Kat, I’m so sorry that is happening to you. You are such a wonderful lady, and I know that. You are very loved and needed here. Know that!! I know what it feels like to be ostracized and not know why. I do not wish that on anyone.

Are you looking for a new job? Sometimes the powers that be tell us when it’s time to move on in the strangest ways.

Suzie, so glad you’re feeling better! Let it continue. J

Jen, I have the Skechers Shape-Ups. Those things really do work! I love em and I was taking a look at them closely the other day. I really put some work in those things – it’s almost time for a new pair. I just bought these less than 6 months ago! They’re not cheap either so I’ll make sure I get every last mile I can out of them. I have seen them, they scare me :unsure::lol::seeya:. I'm going to have to pick up another pr so when I have another spare.

I have no idea what size I’ll end up in. I’m in 18’s right now at 252. I want to get to 160, as I do want and know I look better a few pounds heavier. I just think I’m naturally heavier than others who are my weight. I’m also 5’6 so you can really see that’s true. I'm kind of short, didn't hit 18 until I was at 225 and now at 185 I'm still a 12, can still wear my 14's but have to wash them and dry the heck out of them.

Hi A lot, welcome! These are some awesome ladies here, you will be so comfy and happy.

I’m so proud to say I’ve stayed within my points and I’m down almost 4 pounds since last week! I myself MUST weigh every single day. I too get the idea that, oh it’s okay I don’t even know how much I weigh or whatever. It’s really easy for me to fall off the wagon unless I’m completely structured and on point! I do it same time every day too, first thing in the morning after doing the potty thing… lol sorry if tmi. I just figure best to do it that way to keep it as accurate as possible. Wow, go you! 4lbs this week. I must be building muscle, I'm shrinking but the scale is not going down

Okay ladies, what’s your modus operandi? I’ve found that getting back to tracking, especially with the looming thought that a professional will be watching me is helping so much. I can’t even tell you how much that is motivating me! The fact that I am out in the dating world is huge motivation to me. That and I am seeing nutrition every month and have another fill appt in December. I'm going to do this!

Also, having you all around to give me the support we all need is such a great thing too! Definitely weighing every day, as well as making sure I’m drinking plenty of Water and doing my workouts. So far it’s working!! Ditto:biggrin:

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Tracy - go you with the 8/10, you are going to get there again, I know you will. and You can kick my butt all the way there, I need it:eek: