Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I managaed to get down a scrambled egg and a piece of toast. It made hubby happy that I ate something. My tummy is still trying to decide. I did buy some gatorade at the store, hoping that will help with the potassium.

Suzanne

sorry to hear bout your friends Mother, that was very nice of you to bring deli stuff over.

I have found people don't really do that much anymore. I brought my neighbor baked ziti and meatballs and they were so appreciative because with all the details and people over, they didn't have time to even think of food.

I just had a beautiful salad, I'm shooting for 1200 cals again. go me

Hi everyone.

Just checking in again. Still in a funk. My head has been feeling funny. I do have Migraines but I've been feeling light-headed and achy (in the head). I took my BP this AM and it was on the low side and I hadn't taken my pill yet. I went down to a half after my last appt w/my surgeon so I didn't take it today. I'm going to keep checking it every AM and see how I feel.

I need/want to walk but not enough to get out there and DO it! Need to get off my butt. I've been gaining the last few weeks and that doesn't help either. My goal this week (I weigh everyday but only count Friday) was to just NOT gain again. I actually managed to lose 3/10ths of a lb. I'll go with it.

I know what the problem is but fixing it is easier said than done right now. (I'm snacking, hungry or not, and it's salty/spicy stuff.) So anyway, trying to work myself back to me and it's proving difficult.

Better go. DD is hungry. I'll check in again at some point.

Take care everyone.

Michelle

(((((hugs))))) you can stop in and vent at any point! That is what we are here for

I'm sorry you are in a funk, I think we have all been there at one time or another. I know that if I wasn't walking already I sure wouldn't be out there walking now.

Off to shower ... gotta get ready for happy hr

Kat, saying a prayer for you dear Mom. My Mom is having her procedure next week finally since one of her exams came back “abnormal”. I’m a little worried and I’ll need to take care of her for a few days next week. Moms are truly precious.

Size 10’s? I also can’t imagine. I was at Goodwill today buying some clothes and looked at some 10’s. Boy they were small!! I browsed some more and picked up some size 28’s off the rack. I have to tell you I had such an epiphany. That is the size I started all this in. they were so huge, I just couldn’t even imagine myself in those anymore. I thanked God I’m no longer wearing that size and moved on. I will probably remember that moment in my life forever.

Tracey, Get ur Gym on! Hang in, it gets easier though you already know that. Sometimes it takes me a good 2 weeks to get back in the habit myself. I think I’m there *finally*!!

Suzie, sorry to hear about that Charlie horse! Ohhh those are so awful!!! Keep on getting better every day. Sorry to hear now your fam is getting sick… it will surely make its rounds… PS, the size 8 comment made me LOL!! Thanks!! J

Jen, that is quite a difference in calories! It makes me wonder why the ppl on biggest loser can continue to lose. They are doing 1200 in and something crazy like 3000 plus out per day. I wonder how “healthy” that really is?

Michelle, (((hugs))) to you. I’ve so been there and I feel you girl! Definitely keep an eye on your blood pressure. That was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned your symptoms. I hope you feel better soon.

Well everyone my nutritionist appointment was super successful. I did get chewed out a little bit, but she couldn’t really say too much. I weighed at the office last Friday at 256.6 and yesterday it said 250.6 if you can believe that! I couldn’t!! I thought for sure 2 Lbs. 3 max. lol I’m so super motivated, and with the help of my nut keeping on my case for a few months, I’m ready to go!! As a matter of fact this morning I weighed 249 exactly. It’s very close to my Dr.s office scale so I know it’s right. J I’m sooooo happy!!!

I came away from my appointment with some great ideas on how to eat for the next month… stay tracking and most importantly I’ve re-married my band. We are now a cohesive unit once again. Yay!!

Well hope everyone has a great day!! TTFN J

Size 10’s? I also can’t imagine. I was at Goodwill today buying some clothes and looked at some 10’s. Boy they were small!! I browsed some more and picked up some size 28’s off the rack. I have to tell you I had such an epiphany. That is the size I started all this in. they were so huge, I just couldn’t even imagine myself in those anymore. I thanked God I’m no longer wearing that size and moved on. I will probably remember that moment in my life forever.

I just got a size 12 skirt at old navy, and when I looked at it I thought there is no way that is going to fit... obviously it did... Same thing with my mom's size 10 shorts I found in my laundry, I thought I'll get my big toe in them... They didn't look great, but i got them on, zipped and buttoned! I was so happy never in a million years think I would fit into them. Actually I don't ever remember being any smaller than a 14 my entire life!

It is funny, I see I look different, but I still don't see myself the way others do.

Jen, that is quite a difference in calories! It makes me wonder why the ppl on biggest loser can continue to lose. They are doing 1200 in and something crazy like 3000 plus out per day. I wonder how “healthy” that really is? When I log my food, and I am bruitally honest about it, I get about 900 and then add my walk only and it ups my calories from 1200 to like 1800, No way could I eat 1800 cals without adding bad stuff. LOL But even raising 300 cals I feel stuffed like a turkey, that is an afternoon snack and 1 1/2 servings of sf ice cream at night. I don't know how they do it, but those cals they burn also include everything they do since they have the body bug things on them 24/7. You burn in your sleep too.

Well everyone my nutritionist appointment was super successful. I did get chewed out a little bit, but she couldn’t really say too much. I weighed at the office last Friday at 256.6 and yesterday it said 250.6 if you can believe that! I couldn’t!! I thought for sure 2 Lbs. 3 max. lol I’m so super motivated, and with the help of my nut keeping on my case for a few months, I’m ready to go!! As a matter of fact this morning I weighed 249 exactly. It’s very close to my Dr.s office scale so I know it’s right. J I’m sooooo happy!!! you go girl!!! I had been re-united with my band August 1, and it was the best thing in the world that could have happened to me! 150 was the lowest I ever was, and that was 20+ years ago, I'm closing in!

I came away from my appointment with some great ideas on how to eat for the next month… stay tracking and most importantly I’ve re-married my band. We are now a cohesive unit once again. Yay!!

Well hope everyone has a great day!! TTFN J

LOL I have to type because my message was too short because in the quotes...:closedeyes:

Hey

Ok back from my walk. Do you walk Tracy? or have a place you can walk? I so enjoy it because I don't have to drive to the gym, can just go.

I get on the treadmill @ the gym. I can *really* tell I have gotten lazy again. My body is being retrained and it is trying to revolt! lol

J

I try for the 30 minutes on the elliptical and simply cannot do it!

Well I don't get lunch today, so better find me some Breakfast. See y'all later!

I can not do 5 minutes on the treadmill. I wish I had one for the house that way I can build up to a good time and look like an idiot in the privacy of my own home. lol Why do you not get to eat lunch today? :)

Good morning, It's "Finally Friday".:lol: Tweety, don't worry about the spelling, Glad that you are here.

Was 57 here this morning and probably hit 61 for the day. GRRRRRR......

Hi Gloria...we do not live too far apart (i dont think). I am in the Houston area. Hard to believe we were 10 degrees colder than you this morning! :smile: Have a great weekend! Glad you are still with us too!

It was 37 when I left for the store this morning. It's 40 now and I'm thinking about taking doggie for a walk around the block.

I hate going to the store when I'm not in the mood for food. But somehow I managed to spend $113. Some of it was a friend's mother passed away and she has a housefull of people from out of state, so I took deli meats and cheeses and some other stuff over to the house.

You are such a sweet heart! :smile: I wish more people did these kinds of things!

Hi everyone.

Just checking in again. Still in a funk. My head has been feeling funny. I do have Migraines but I've been feeling light-headed and achy (in the head). I took my BP this AM and it was on the low side and I hadn't taken my pill yet. I went down to a half after my last appt w/my surgeon so I didn't take it today. I'm going to keep checking it every AM and see how I feel.

I need/want to walk but not enough to get out there and DO it! Need to get off my butt. I've been gaining the last few weeks and that doesn't help either. My goal this week (I weigh everyday but only count Friday) was to just NOT gain again. I actually managed to lose 3/10ths of a lb. I'll go with it. I know what the problem is but fixing it is easier said than done right now. (I'm snacking, hungry or not, and it's salty/spicy stuff.) So anyway, trying to work myself back to me and it's proving difficult.

Better go. DD is hungry. I'll check in again at some point.

Take care everyone.

Awww Michelle, I know how you are feeling! I can 'hear' the sadness in your post. I feel your pain. I agree with Jen-come in here and vent. Snacking is an issue with me too. It is very difficult once you get in a funk to pull yourself out of it but you know what? Just keep remembering how well you have done and how far you have come. You are gonna be GREAT! :closedeyes:

Tracey, Get ur Gym on! Hang in, it gets easier though you already know that. Sometimes it takes me a good 2 weeks to get back in the habit myself. I think I’m there *finally*!!

Oh my :smile:...you'll never believe this. This morning I went into my closet to get dressed and I saw my 'fat girl' jeans from pre-band days. I put them on and while I was doing that I got so scared that they might fit me again. They were SO BIG on me still. It was right then that I realized that I am not a failure, I just lost my way. Congrats on your -6...that is AWESOME! :) I am going to weigh in the morning and will finally be able to put a - instead of a + (it better be less!) :w00t:

Well I just made an appt for my fill. I get to start my band journey all over again on next Thursday the 29th :tt1:. I am SO excited. You know what? I went to Lubys today with dh and I got the veggie plate with cabbage, cauliflowe and collard greens. Let me tell ya'll....I do have some restriction from just the band. I actually got stuck on the greens and PB'd. The sick part is ... I enjoyed it! LOL Funny what can make us happy, right? I just liked the reminder that I AM lucky, that I AM banded.

Have a great evening everyone.

Hey girls~

Tracy, I don't get lunch on Friday because we are only open 9-2. So we skip lunch. Well I skip lunch, the OM is well known for going and getting them lunch and let me tell you---hearing that pisses my husband off sooooooo bad, he cannot see straight. He tells me no one that claims to be a Christian would do that, and eat in front of you without offering any. They feed the bookeeper 90% of the time, but it is mainly because they feel she won't eat otherwise, she is struggling financially etc. And they buy Cookies or treats and send home with her for her kids. I have no issue with them helping her, but it is upsetting sometimes to have them all exclude me that way. But now, there is no way in hell even if it were ever offered, I would eat with them. I document the things like this that they do---if I ever need it, I know what, when and all that good stuff.

When I got off today, I went to the bookstore, then went and got a manicure....then met up with DH and a friend of his from work, and we hit Happy Hour! Then Rick and I hit the mall! I bought 4 new shirts, and a jacket. Then we went to dinner, and just walked in a few minutes ago---feels so good to know the weekend is here!!!

I wish I had saved a pair of my old jeans. Although everything I had was stretch---and boy was it ever stretched!!! LOL

I tried on several pair of pants tonight---but nothing was what I was wanting. I am back to running into length issues, with the smaller size----only thing I found that fit good was jeans,and I can only wear them on weekends, and Friday at work. Gonna go check JCPenney this weekend.

Michelle, sorry you are bumming, low BP can depress your entire system. Plus the season changes....I think we all hit that point---just come here and let it out.

Think my DD is breaking up with her BF----I really hope so. He is a nice enough guy---but he is bi polar, and fights being medicated, and life is hard enough without involving yourself in that knowingly. I totally "get" that this is not an illness or condition he chooses to have. And I am sorry he does have it. But I don't like seeing my DD and DGD put up with his mad moods, and sad moods, waiting for his occasional happy mood. He is always pleasant to us, but he doesn't like being around groups, he avoids gatherings, and gets angry if she goes without him. I want an easier life for her. I honestly think she has stayed because of his kids, not him. They don't live together or anything, they both have their own places, Thankfully----I know it will be sad for them all, but still hope she does it. I hope it is ok.

Gonna go get some ice cream!!!! Yikes....just a little!

Hey girls~

Tracy, I don't get lunch on Friday because we are only open 9-2. So we skip lunch. Well I skip lunch, the OM is well known for going and getting them lunch and let me tell you---hearing that pisses my husband off sooooooo bad, he cannot see straight. He tells me no one that claims to be a Christian would do that, and eat in front of you without offering any. They feed the bookeeper 90% of the time, but it is mainly because they feel she won't eat otherwise, she is struggling financially etc. And they buy Cookies or treats and send home with her for her kids. I have no issue with them helping her, but it is upsetting sometimes to have them all exclude me that way. But now, there is no way in hell even if it were ever offered, I would eat with them. I document the things like this that they do---if I ever need it, I know what, when and all that good stuff.

When I got off today, I went to the bookstore, then went and got a manicure....then met up with DH and a friend of his from work, and we hit Happy Hour! Then Rick and I hit the mall! I bought 4 new shirts, and a jacket. Then we went to dinner, and just walked in a few minutes ago---feels so good to know the weekend is here!!!

I wish I had saved a pair of my old jeans. Although everything I had was stretch---and boy was it ever stretched!!! LOL

I tried on several pair of pants tonight---but nothing was what I was wanting. I am back to running into length issues, with the smaller size----only thing I found that fit good was jeans,and I can only wear them on weekends, and Friday at work. Gonna go check JCPenney this weekend.

Michelle, sorry you are bumming, low BP can depress your entire system. Plus the season changes....I think we all hit that point---just come here and let it out.

Think my DD is breaking up with her BF----I really hope so. He is a nice enough guy---but he is bi polar, and fights being medicated, and life is hard enough without involving yourself in that knowingly. I totally "get" that this is not an illness or condition he chooses to have. And I am sorry he does have it. But I don't like seeing my DD and DGD put up with his mad moods, and sad moods, waiting for his occasional happy mood. He is always pleasant to us, but he doesn't like being around groups, he avoids gatherings, and gets angry if she goes without him. I want an easier life for her. I honestly think she has stayed because of his kids, not him. They don't live together or anything, they both have their own places, Thankfully----I know it will be sad for them all, but still hope she does it. I hope it is ok.

Gonna go get some ice cream!!!! Yikes....just a little!

kat - I'll send good thought to dd, you know I know better than anyone how hard it is to make that break and deal with. Kev's bi-polar almost killed me... literally... but you know my story

Good monrning everyone, quick hi, have last game and running late.

Have a great day!

Suzie: I am glad to hear you are feeling better

Irene: I am glad you and your band are a happy couple again!!!!

I didn't check in yesterday. I did planning with the other fourth grade teacher, from the moment school ended, until 8 last night. This is what we do every Friday night. I was so tired when I came home, I jumped in the shower and went straight to bed. Now I am headed off to take the children to take their ACT this morning. Then, I am headed off to see my DSD. I will catch up and check in again later.

Good morning everyone...

Got on the scales this morning and am down 2.5 since Wednesday. Yay... now the ticker isn't stuck in the same spot...AND it is going in the right direction! :laugh:

Lots to do today...baby shower, shopping, on & on. I will be back later :blushing:

Thanks tchr for your well wishes! I needed to do that desperately.

Tracey congrats on the loss!!!! Woot!!!

Hey y’all… just gonna drive by here and say hello. Not feeling too good today, I just wanted to say I lost 9 Lbs since last week.

Hanging in there and I’m still going to do some workout. I promised myself that if I’m ever not feeling good I’d still do a little bit of something. Hope everyone is doing ok! I will check in again soon.

Hugs!

Thanks tchr for your well wishes! I needed to do that desperately.

Tracey congrats on the loss!!!! Woot!!!

Hey y’all… just gonna drive by here and say hello. Not feeling too good today, I just wanted to say I lost 9 Lbs since last week. :blushing::eek::laugh::eek::Banane20:

Hanging in there and I’m still going to do some workout. I promised myself that if I’m ever not feeling good I’d still do a little bit of something. Hope everyone is doing ok! I will check in again soon.

Hugs!

9 lbs??? Holy smokes. I wish I could start losing again, kind of getting depressed. feel really bloated today ... I'm sure that is a big part of it.

what a long cold wet day. I'm going to bed early, have a good night everyone

Hey Folks.

Went to work this morning and did a 4 hour shift, stopped on the way home and got 2 slabs of ribs at our local BBQ place. They were on sale for $12.99 each. I got to eat one rib and it was yummy.

Our church did a Boo Fest in the Gym and I went over there. It was so cool. I hope the kids all had a great time. After I got home, Sis and her hub took us out to a place to show us some peoples house's were they really went all out decorating for Halloween. They did an awesome job on both places. I love this time of year.

In the morning I will get up and get ready to drive to Columbia for the day. Gonna meet up with Jane and spend some time with her. It's about a 2 hour drive for her and about 1 and 45 minutes for me. I enjoy the times we get together.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.