Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I once wore a size 8 in shoes.

:unsure::lol::seeya: i'm an 8 1/2

Night all

I feel like a stuffed turkey.... actually ate 1200 cals today, it was hard but I did it. Lets see what happens increasing my calss

nice chattin with you earlier Tracy

Quick check in before heading off to bed. I have been multi tasking!! Finished my book, during Grey's commercials, so now going to post during them!!! This episode of Grey's reminds me of how they used to do some of the old MASH episodes, rerunning something from everyone's different perspective....kinda different. brb

ok, had to finish my show!!!

One more day and weekend! YAY!!

Suzie, sorry you feel so crappy (yeah, I said it!)--hope you feel much better soon. My Mom is sick, they were supposed to go to Arkansas to a family anniversary party, and cancelled. I am worried about her. Laura, sorry your MIL is ill, it sounds serious----our thoughts and prayers will be with your family.

My DD come over tonight with my granddaughter and spent the evening, she is growing up so much, she is not a toddler anymore, she is a little girl---so bizarre, I miss seeing her every day. I had an offer of a job at her daycare. Not sure I want to do kids all day every day again----with someone elses running the show! LOL

Well I am off to get a load of laundry in, so I can shower and head to bed. Then I toss it in the dryer before I leave for work----it never ends!!!

Quick check in before heading off to bed. I have been multi tasking!! Finished my book, during Grey's commercials, so now going to post during them!!! This episode of Grey's reminds me of how they used to do some of the old MASH episodes, rerunning something from everyone's different perspective....kinda different. brb

ok, had to finish my show!!!

One more day and weekend! YAY!!

Suzie, sorry you feel so crappy (yeah, I said it!)--hope you feel much better soon. My Mom is sick, they were supposed to go to Arkansas to a family anniversary party, and cancelled. I am worried about her. Laura, sorry your MIL is ill, it sounds serious----our thoughts and prayers will be with your family.

My DD come over tonight with my granddaughter and spent the evening, she is growing up so much, she is not a toddler anymore, she is a little girl---so bizarre, I miss seeing her every day. I had an offer of a job at her daycare. Not sure I want to do kids all day every day again----with someone elses running the show! LOL

Well I am off to get a load of laundry in, so I can shower and head to bed. Then I toss it in the dryer before I leave for work----it never ends!!!

Kat

I have not watched Gray's but they are all recorded. I started watching last night but knew I wasn't going to stay awake so I turned it off, which was hard, it looked awesome!

I have been watching Mercy, have any of you seen it, I LOVE IT.

ok off to make breakfast... be back

I had a terrible night last night. Didn't get much sleep and at one point had to get up because I had a charly horse in my leg. Must be from all the fluids going in and coming out. Good thing I will have time for a nap today. As I am slowly getting better, the rest of the family is starting to get sick. Ughh.

I've never seen Grey's. But I did start Mercy this year, hope they don't pull it. I also started Forgotten and I read yesterday that they might take it off the air. I hate that they do that.

I will be on and off the boards

MY MIL is in the hospital and it is scary

I am so sorry to hear this! Please post when you can and let us know how she is!

My yarn came in .... from the crochet club and it is three skeins of Christmas yarn :smile: I will pass it on to another group... I need to finish my coat...which will take me around a week (I think) You must be really GOOD! :seeya:

I do make Xmas gifts for my friends if they ask me but my holiday colors are Blue :ohmy::ohmy:

I will post on the crochet page my thanks and pass it on to someone who needs it now Such a sweet thing to do. :thumbup:

Tracy - hey that was so funny! we were up laying in my bed watching a movie and I checked my email and was like... oh sh*&! LOL What happens Saturday night will determine some fate! Mine. . . HA! I have had something kinda like that happen to me...one of those 'Holy Guacamole' moments. LOL

Tracy: size 8....hmmmm...I am thinking.:w00t:..nope don't remember it, not even a distant memory. I think I skipped that size altogether.:wink:

I do not ever remember being a size eight before I got my band either. Had to be in elementary school. Back when I was on a roll with my band, I got in the 8s, then blew it. But I kept my jeans and other clothes and they are in my GOAL section of the closet. :w00t:

I once wore a size 8 in shoes.
I wear an 8 shoe. That made me look at the positive side :ohmy: At least something is still an 8.
Night all

I feel like a stuffed turkey.... actually ate 1200 cals today, it was hard but I did it. Lets see what happens increasing my calss

nice chattin with you earlier Tracy

Jenn-sometimes you have to do something like that out of the norm to shock your body into a diff pattern...you will start losing again. When you get to the weight you are, it is so much slower coming off. This is where you will really need to stay determined and not get disgusted and fall off the wagon.

My Mom is sick, they were supposed to go to Arkansas to a family anniversary party, and cancelled. I am worried about her. Laura, sorry your MIL is ill, it sounds serious----our thoughts and prayers will be with your family. I will say a prayer for her. Let us know how she is!

A lifetime ago when I worked at Walmart (I had worked there for 5 years) I came to a point that I told myself I can not tolerate the adults acting like children so I went and applied and got the job at a daycare. I can handle kids acting like kids, not adults. LOL

Good morning everyone! I just finished my oatmeal and am finishing up my coffee then its time to get dressed and then I am gym bound. I can tell that I am out of the gym groove because I was hurting after a few minutes the other day. Only way to get passed that is keep going.

My dss is coming over for the weekend. DD is very happy about that. They play well together and she worships the ground he walks on but it scares me because he has habits that I just have to pray she doesn't get and if she *does* start doing it I have to put her through a kind of detox when he leaves. lol

I need to get my rear end off this couch otherwise I won't at all. Have a great day everyone. :unsure:

Edited by TracyK
still sleeping

I had a terrible night last night. Didn't get much sleep and at one point had to get up because I had a charly horse in my leg. Must be from all the fluids going in and coming out. Good thing I will have time for a nap today. As I am slowly getting better, the rest of the family is starting to get sick. Ughh.

I've never seen Grey's. But I did start Mercy this year, hope they don't pull it. I also started Forgotten and I read yesterday that they might take it off the air. I hate that they do that.

Sorry to hear that your fam is getting sick too :unsure:.

I had gotten addicted to Southland and it did not come back. Makes me scared to get addicted to another show.

Hey

Ok back from my walk. Do you walk Tracy? or have a place you can walk? I so enjoy it because I don't have to drive to the gym, can just go.

I get up, have coffee, make kids Breakfast get them off to school and walk, come home and have a glass of Water to cool me off *yes I am sweating and it is only 40 out* and now I'm going to make my high Protein egg, with ham and low fat cheese. I try to hit the gym 2-3 times a week for weights. I'm going to have to go every day when the sidewalks are unwalkable.

I have learned not to give up this time and I feel great. My old neighbor was just outside and told me how great i looked and how i walked blah blah blah. I told him no - that was a while ago, i go to....... and he almost fell over!

ok starving this morning, going to make breakfast

Hey I just logged my walk..

I have burned 3168 cals from Monday to today and that is not with weights or daily life stuff:eek::unsure:

no wonder why i'm not losing with 900 cals a day

Suzanne sorry you did't sleep well.

I LOVE Mercy, my I made my daughter watch it with me one night and she is hooked too!

I only saw part of the next show previews...2 weeks... but OMG... gonna be a good one!

Jenn--the calclulations with your walking might not be exact, it all depends on how strenuously you are walking, and swinging your arms etc. I personally cannot make myself power walk, a woman does it by my house everyday--and I wish I was that unselfconcious--but I'm not. If I feel goofy doing it, I just KNOW people behind the curtains are laughing their butts off at me, and that deters me!!! Silly I know. But I have added leg weights, or wrist weights. At the track I have no issue doing sprints in with my walking, because it is expected, and usually noone else there, and not in a neighborhood.

I think if you exert enough to make yourself sweat, you should be burning pretty well. Watch your heartrate, and shoot to keep it raised, pounding hard---where you can talk, but you sound out of breath--for 30 minutes straight. I was told that is the way to make sure you are getting a proper cardio work out regardless what it is you are doing.

I try for the 30 minutes on the elliptical and simply cannot do it!

I did by the way lost my 1.5 I had gained! I am closing in on the last leg of this....again! 20 pounds would take me to my original goal of 165 pounds. I got there once, just before my twisted intestine surgery, and it was too thin for me, but I would like to keep the goal, because it give me some wiggle room......

At that weight I was in a simple size 8 off the rack anywhere--and I was back to the length being the issue, not the waist! I am in a 10 now, comfortably. Sitting here in size 10 jeans, with little if any stretch, and not even thinking about it---not counting the hours til I can reclaim my jammies!!! Today is Friday and I can wear jeans to work---so I do!

Suzie, sorry you are going to have to nurse everyone else just as you begin to improve. Rick is notorious for the leg cramps when he is sick, as he dehydrates so quickly, and he is still for long periods of time. When I am sick, I toss and turn, and he doesn't.

Well I don't get lunch today, so better find me some breakfast. See y'all later!

Jenn--the calclulations with your walking might not be exact, it all depends on how strenuously you are walking, and swinging your arms etc. I personally cannot make myself power walk, a woman does it by my house everyday--and I wish I was that unselfconcious--but I'm not. If I feel goofy doing it, I just KNOW people behind the curtains are laughing their butts off at me, and that deters me!!! Silly I know. But I have added leg weights, or wrist weights. At the track I have no issue doing sprints in with my walking, because it is expected, and usually noone else there, and not in a neighborhood.

I think if you exert enough to make yourself sweat, you should be burning pretty well. Watch your heartrate, and shoot to keep it raised, pounding hard---where you can talk, but you sound out of breath--for 30 minutes straight. I was told that is the way to make sure you are getting a proper cardio work out regardless what it is you are doing.

I try for the 30 minutes on the elliptical and simply cannot do it!

Kat - I do exert myself, I walk at 4.0 (timed it) and 3 of the 5 miles is all uphill, and 1 downhill and 1 flatland. I start goinig down the hill, up and down for a bit and then 1 mile up, a couple block rest 1/2 mile up little rest and then 1 mile up, and my last 1/2 mile is flat and downhill combined for cool down. I have a site with the Y that figures cals based on intensity, distance, time and weight. So that is pretty accurate, and thosenumbers are logging my short walk:eek:

As for inside, we will see what happens there, I could walk outside all day if I had the time, i hate treadmills and inside machines. I'll probably go back to wateraerobics 2 days and machines 3 when I can't go out.

I did by the way lost my 1.5 I had gained! I am closing in on the last leg of this....again! 20 pounds would take me to my original goal of 165 pounds. I got there once, just before my twisted intestine surgery, and it was too thin for me, but I would like to keep the goal, because it give me some wiggle room......

At that weight I was in a simple size 8 off the rack anywhere--and I was back to the length being the issue, not the waist! I am in a 10 now, comfortably. Sitting here in size 10 jeans, with little if any stretch, and not even thinking about it---not counting the hours til I can reclaim my jammies!!! Today is Friday and I can wear jeans to work---so I do! Good for you jeans on Friday's! I am in a 12 non stretch and a 10/12 stretch levi's. Unfortunately I don't have money to replace clothes and I'm still wearing some of my 14's that I have to wash in hot Water and dry on high heat , by the end of the day they are way too big, even non stretch ones.

Suzie, sorry you are going to have to nurse everyone else just as you begin to improve. Rick is notorious for the leg cramps when he is sick, as he dehydrates so quickly, and he is still for long periods of time. When I am sick, I toss and turn, and he doesn't.

Well I don't get lunch today, so better find me some breakfast. See y'all later!

I just had 1 egg, with ham, sausage, onion and cheese. 370 cals and 36g Protein. YUMMY

Good morning, It's "Finally Friday".:closedeyes:

Tweety, don't worry about the spelling, Glad that you are here.

Last time I saw a "8" was when I drop below size 18, turned 9 yrs. old and was in the 8th grade. LOL

Was 57 here this morning and probably hit 61 for the day. GRRRRRR......

I use to watch Grey, but I don't anymore. I love, love, Bones and The Closer. I'm hooked also on the Housewives shows.

Hope everyone has a blessed day and weekend. Gotto go students are looking at me crazy cause I'm not listening to them. LOL

It was 37 when I left for the store this morning. It's 40 now and I'm thinking about taking doggie for a walk around the block.

I hate going to the store when I'm not in the mood for food. But somehow I managed to spend $113. Some of it was a friend's mother passed away and she has a housefull of people from out of state, so I took deli meats and cheeses and some other stuff over to the house.