Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

And I was feeling bad from the flu?! I just got my reality check.

My oldest, my stepdaughter, just called me. She had been feeling bad for a while and they were treating her for postpartum depression since the birth of my youngest grandchild last year. She has been hurting and went back to the doctor and he put her on xanax and a painkiller. She got out of the shower yesterday and the bottom of her legs were so swollen she could barely walk. Her sister-in-law called and took her to see a new doctor (female) who did some tests. She went back today and the doctor told her she either has rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. WTH?! She just turned 26 and has 3 small children. This put my crap into perspective real fast. So, my darling child is going to the rheumotologist next Thursday to find out which it is for certain. The doctor she went to is the rhemotologist's friend so she pulled strings and got her the rush appointment. It normally takes 3-6 months, but her levels(she told me which levels, but i was overwhelmed) were so high, he said she needed to be seen asap. Dangit. Ok, I am sorry, I just had to vent/cry some more.

I feel your pain and shock, my oldest DD, has RA. It has been 4 years since she was diagnosed, and has had some bad times with it, but overall, she is well more of the time than not. She takes 2 different meds, one orally and one a shot she takes each month.

She has a 5 year old, and her bf has a 6 & 7 year old he has custody of, so they stay busy. She works full time, and has to, so that she has good insurance.

Please accept a HUGE ((((((cyberhug)))))))--I know the shock, disbelief, and horror of getting news like this about your child. My heart goes out to you---please come here and vent, and if you want my #----PM me.

I feel your pain and shock, my oldest DD, has RA. It has been 4 years since she was diagnosed, and has had some bad times with it, but overall, she is well more of the time than not. She takes 2 different meds, one orally and one a shot she takes each month.

She has a 5 year old, and her bf has a 6 & 7 year old he has custody of, so they stay busy. She works full time, and has to, so that she has good insurance.

Please accept a HUGE ((((((cyberhug)))))))--I know the shock, disbelief, and horror of getting news like this about your child. My heart goes out to you---please come here and vent, and if you want my #----PM me.

Thanks Kat. Cyberhugs are great.

For now, she is on 7 meds and will start a shot on next Thursday. It is really expensive, but her insurance will cover it 100%. She also works full time, for now at a medical clinic, but if it continues like it is, she will probably stop. Luckily her insurance is through her husband's work. Her husband can't talk about it with her. I tried to remind her that it is the man "thing". They are fixers, and if they can't fix it, they pretend it isn't really broken. They just can't handle things like this. He is a wonderful man, but he absolutely doesn't want to go to the doctor with her next week, so his sister is going.

My grandchildren are 5, 3, and 14 months. The doctor told her today she is really lucky she had the baby when she did. We are truly blessed in many ways, it is just that sometimes we forget. I plan on trying to count my blessings everyday.

I'm so sorry to hear this!!! You are right when you hear of something like this you realize that your problems are minute compared to this. I will say a prayer for her, I'm sure she must be scared too!!

Hey yall!!! I have a couple of questions, hope it's ok to ask on this thread.

Welcome!! I'd say a slight unfill as well. Call your doc.

Hi all just checking in. Had my 5 month LAP-BAND®® follow up and lost 4 lbs since last month! I hope everyone is doing good. I've been swamped with school and work and what not that its crazy

WTG!! Are you hanging in okay? Miss you!

Wow, that was weird...it wouldn't let me reply without having Michelle's post from days ago with it. So, I deleted it, but anyway.

Rain! UGH! It won't stop raining here. I have 4 1/2 acres right now and it is all a sloppy mess. We can't even cut the grass it is so wet.:thumbup:

Awww, see? I am needed! LOL!!!

Sounds like you've got a mess! Sorry. Hope the rain stops soon!

Hi gals,

I'm still feeling like i want to get sick,

I'm sorry you're still sick! Try to take good care of yourself! Hope you feel better soon.

I hear ya! LOL, we used to live in a single wide too and a moderate rainstorm would sound like a hurricane. :sneaky:

Yep. You ALWAYS know when it starts raining when you're in a trailer! No matter how light the rain. Oh and b/c we were under OAK trees, any winds and we had ACORNS falling on our heads! So sometimes it sounded like it was pouring but there wasn't a cloud in the sky!!! LOL!!

Thanks for all the advice!!!! Well this morning I woke up and of course could not get anything down not even Water. I tried hot tea, and it all came back up!! Being very frustrated and very thirsty I went to the health food store here near my house. I explained to the lady there and she agreed with the comments I got here from all of yall, my pouch is very irritated. She recommended the papaya enzymes and aloe vera, and let me tell you almost immediately I could eat and drink. Thank you so much for the comments, I feel so much better!!! As soon as I got in the car I drank 2oz of the aloe vera, a few minutes later I ate a Protein bar (almond bar that was so yummy!!) I got from there and it all went down fine. After I ate the bar I took 3 papaya enzymes, an hour later drank 16oz of Water and even ate a small salad for dinner. It feels so good to eat and drink again. Thanks guys for the advice. If tomorrow goes well I'm going to call and cancel my appt. for the unfill.

Oh wow! Glad you're feeling better but it might be a good idea to take it easy with the type of food for awhile. You were really tight and everything is probably still irritated. Probably a good idea to still call your doc and ask his/her advice. Or keep your appt and ask him there. Take care and be careful!

Oh and what does the Aloe do? Haven't heard of that one. I have the papaya enzymes and use those even when not stuck. Especially if I eat meat, just helps w/digestion in general.

Oh no! I am so sorry! Lots of hugs and prayers. They are doing amazing things with meds nowadays. I'm hoping she can be helped and SOON!!

Thank GOD for good insurance! I hope her DH can wrap his head around this soon. She needs his help and support and him putting on the blinders is NOT helping! I'll put that in my prayers too. Glad your DD has her SIL around!

Take care and keep us posted!

~~~~~

Have a great night y'all!

My oldest, my stepdaughter, just called me. She had been feeling bad for a while and they were treating her for postpartum depression since the birth of my youngest grandchild last year. She has been hurting and went back to the doctor and he put her on xanax and a painkiller. She got out of the shower yesterday and the bottom of her legs were so swollen she could barely walk. Her sister-in-law called and took her to see a new doctor (female) who did some tests. She went back today and the doctor told her she either has rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. WTH?! She just turned 26 and has 3 small children. This put my crap into perspective real fast. So, my darling child is going to the rheumotologist next Thursday to find out which it is for certain. The doctor she went to is the rhemotologist's friend so she pulled strings and got her the rush appointment. It normally takes 3-6 months, but her levels(she told me which levels, but i was overwhelmed) were so high, he said she needed to be seen asap. Dangit. Ok, I am sorry, I just had to vent/cry some more.

I'll keep her in my prayers. That is a good thing she went back to a new DR.! That must be so scary

Hi all just checking in. Had my 5 month LAP-BAND® follow up and lost 4 lbs since last month! I hope everyone is doing good. I've been swamped with school and work and what not that its crazy

I would be happy to lose 4lbs, I'm still so stuck, glad you are doing well! Good luck with school, I did it when ds was 3mos old, full time mom, student and employee, and soon to be downward spiral in a relationship... no wonder why I needed to lose 150lbs:eek:

Thanks for all the advice!!!! Well this morning I woke up and of course could not get anything down not even Water. I tried hot tea, and it all came back up!! Being very frustrated and very thirsty I went to the health food store here near my house. I explained to the lady there and she agreed with the comments I got here from all of yall, my pouch is very irritated. She recommended the papaya enzymes and aloe vera, and let me tell you almost immediately I could eat and drink. Thank you so much for the comments, I feel so much better!!! As soon as I got in the car I drank 2oz of the aloe vera, a few minutes later I ate a Protein bar (almond bar that was so yummy!!) I got from there and it all went down fine. After I ate the bar I took 3 papaya enzymes, an hour later drank 16oz of Water and even ate a small salad for dinner. It feels so good to eat and drink again. Thanks guys for the advice. If tomorrow goes well I'm going to call and cancel my appt. for the unfill.

Tracy the heat and humidity were horrible today, but since I could eat and drink again i didnt let it get me down. Lol!! I hear were getting a cold front coming in this week. YEA!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I would have never thought papaya would work for the band. My mom is always pushing when I feel like throwing up, which seems to be a lot lately... I'm going to take one next time.

Is anyone alive out there..... :thumbup:

Hi Tracy. Whatcha up to sister? You know me, I wait until the very last minute for everything. Took me all day yesterday to get 15 tiles down, got up yesterday and should have just gone back to bed... I had interruption after interruption yesterday, so i got the last tile down after 5pm and I started at 7:30:mad2: I watched The Proposal last night, it was a great movie. Had a nice wood fire and just relaxed. Dan, the guy I met in Sept, came over and hung out with me (and helped) while I worked and watched the movie. He is really sweet, I do like him. . . I just need to be free for a litle bit.

It is freezing here... 25degrees, I'm not ready for this yet! I go up early this am and turned up the gas fireplaces I use for heat source to warm it up for the kids. I get to spend the day in the bathroom again today and tomorrow. I get to grout the floor this morning and then that has to set for 24 hrs, so I'm going to bring the sink in the living room so i can put the faucet in and get it ready, tomorrow I get a toilet and tub faucet and put the fronts back on the tub and storage and I'm done (ok I still have to grout the wall, but not until next week)

I have to take care of my health insurance Tuesday and get my stuff together for Heap and family court. I'm going to get my class B license and hazmat endorsement so I can have more job options and finish my osha certifications. I have to get going here, and now that my house is just about finished I need to focus.

Ok off to get the troops up... see ya'll later

Morning Girls.

Yesterday was a long day and extremly tiring for me. I had to work in the morning and than had some running around to do. Lots of errands in the morning that I needed to get done because I had to take my sisiter to go see a surgeon in the afternoon. She has this hugr protrusion in her groin area and we were thining that it was a hernia. The Doc said he didn't think it was one but wanted a cat-scan done to see what it is. She is on about 14 different meds and the risk of taking her off of them for the surgery out-weighs doing the surgery, so he wants to know exactly what he is dealing with. He than handed us a brochure on hernia's because he said it looked like he would be doing that kind of surgery. :thumbup: Now I'm confused. She does, she doesn't, she does..

When we got done there than I had to take her to the store and than get her home and reexplain it all to her.

Mom, so glad to hear that the papaya helped out alot. I'll have to keep that in mind if I should ever have that problem. Glad you came here and hope you stay with us.

Jenn, hope you are feeling a little better. I'm so jealous of your fire. We haven't even ordered our wood yet and it's been cold here the last 4 days. I could have torn it up.

Have a great day everyone and I'll be in and out of here for a while.

Reflux is why there is a bottle of Rolaids on my nightstand. And learning not to eat after 7pm.

I baked a batch of choco-chip Cookies, spent 2 hours washing down the refridgerator in and out, mopping the kitchen floor and now finishing up on the laundry. And I still have to go to work later. But being busy keeps my mind off the food.< /span>

Just had a close call with the washing machine. I was taking stuff out of the dryer and went to open the washer and noticed there was still Water in it. It hadn't done it's final spin cycle. So I pulled the knob out, thinking I had accidently pushed it in with the basket. Nope nothing. Hubby came in and we unplugged and replugged it in. Pushed and pulled all the buttons and knobs. Did everything we could think of. So I told him to just forget it that I need to take a shower and than I would deal it later. He started to walk out the room and I reached up to pull the light chain and the washer came back on. We just stood there and laughed. I don't have a clue as to what happen, so weird.

Last spring it was the dryer. It was so plugged up with lint in the hose that it shut it's self off instead of catching on fire.

:thumbup::w00t::sneaky: it is snowing out here :frown::w00t::mad:

I just ate some grilled pork steak and grilled veggies for lunch. Yummy in my tummy.:thumbup:

:sneaky::w00t::frown: it is snowing out here :mad::w00t::mad2:

You are getting snow and it is 89 where I am right now, jeez. :thumbup:

Hey all

quiet here

Laura - please... keep the snow! It is freezing here 20degrees below normal.

I am taking a break, the bathroom is tiled and grouted, I have to wash the floor a couple more times but I'm going to cut the holes for th Water lines in a few and get the cabinet in. Dad is coming to help with the toilet tomorrow when i call him.

Getting ready to clean up a bit here and hope to get the sink in tonight, and the faucet on the tub so I have water. That would just be so nice to take a bath.

Anyway, another crazy day and I'm off to get more stuff done.

hugs to you all... I'll catch up with ya'll...

xoxoxoxoxoxo