Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hmmm, my logical side, (and how much legal stuff is LOGICAL) says that if it so says in the divorce decree, then the mortgage company can't come after your DH.

BUT like I said, what in the legal world is logical? Definitely time for a lawyer.

Ummm, something else to think about... if he has ANY insurance policies or bank accounts still active while married to her, has he changed ANY of the beneficiary information on those? I don't know how many times I've heard how the ex-wife got all kinds of money and property from the dead guy and his new family loses everything. Just be sure to double-check that, 'kay?

Oh just thought of something and I could be way out in left field but could the mortgage company just be calling you guys b/c he WAS on the mortgage and they're just bluffing and reaching, trying to get their money? These days, I wouldn't put it past them.

Best wishes with this!

'Night!!

Hi all hope all is well! Haven't been on in a few days. My phone was broke and has school and hw fun fun!

I tell you Tracey... your situation makes me sick...

In NY... we have reporters that do help folks with this kind of legal issues BUT you must be on TV... if the DH and you cannot get some peace from this issue... the quiet one..me..says call the TV station...why should you pay for the ex.s negligence

Peace...whats that? lol I mean we are really at our wits end (or very close to it). Sad that we have to pay for legal fees so close to christmas. I just do not know what we are going to do BUT we gotta do something! I wouldn't have trouble getting on TV and saying she is a slug. :wink2:
Hmmm, my logical side, (and how much legal stuff is LOGICAL) says that if it so says in the divorce decree, then the mortgage company can't come after your DH. Unfortunately, as unfair as it seems, they can. My ex had a truck in my name and he let it go back...now I have a repo on MY credit. :( I might be able to sue him but you can not get blood out of a turnip.

BUT like I said, what in the legal world is logical? Definitely time for a lawyer.

Ummm, something else to think about... if he has ANY insurance policies or bank accounts still active while married to her, has he changed ANY of the beneficiary information on those? I don't know how many times I've heard how the ex-wife got all kinds of money and property from the dead guy and his new family loses everything. Just be sure to double-check that, 'kay? Oh I made sure that was changed on day #1. Banks, insurance and 401Ks :wink2:

Oh just thought of something and I could be way out in left field but could the mortgage company just be calling you guys b/c he WAS on the mortgage and they're just bluffing and reaching, trying to get their money? These days, I wouldn't put it past them. I normally wouldn't put it past them to do something like that but I am 99.9% sure that it is still in his name. It was never signed over.

Best wishes with this!

'Night!!

Hi all hope all is well! Haven't been on in a few days. My phone was broke and has school and hw fun fun! Glad you checked in with us :smile:

Good morning ladies...my house smells wonderful right now. I am baking a cinnamon struesel loaf. Now all I need is the strength to stop myself at one or 2 bites. I think it will be OK because I have renewed determination now! :thumbup:

YAY, dh is off today. Supposed to rain all day but that is OK. I am going to make some cabbage later...my FAV!

Thanks for the advice ya'll! I will check in later. Have a great Sunday!

Hey Ladies.

Cari, so glad you checked in. We miss ya when we don't see ya for a while.

I got up and got some housework and laundry done and than headed to church. Well, they were giving out Flu shots afterwards, so I got mine. No let's hope I don't get sick from it. The last one I got about 5 years ago, I did get sick. Let's hope this one is ok.

Such a beautifl day here. Trying to decide if I want to take doggie for a walk or not. I need to give my knee a rest.

I'll check in later and let you know if I did or not.

Jen....where are you???

As a matter of fact...where did everyone go? No Sunday evening posters? :(

Suzanne...we have to keep this crowd under control :smile: LOL

I've been off doing the family birthday thing. My Dad, his Dad, and our youngest DD all had birthdays today!

We had a big gathering last night, both siblings of Ricks from Denver were in, so we had a big dinner, I made a huge pot of pulled pork, it went over really well, lots of compliments. Always makes ya feel good!

Then today we took my Dad out. My family was invited to the big bash at his folks, but Rick has a SUPER LOUD family. My parents are much more layed back, they are not used to the volume his family reaches, and kids (18-25) wrestling around, and babies crying etc. They opted to stay home, and we went to dinner today! With just the kids, and my brother, them and us.

Then we ended up back at Rick's folks house for the end of the game, and it was chaos like I cannot even describe. His Mom and Dad and one sister are die hard Cowboy fans, Rick, or son and his brother are equally die hard Bronco fans. How they kept from scaring the bejusus out of the new baby I have no idea, they yelled, and argued, and laughed and jumped up and down.....was a bit, shall we say, WILD! We were happy with the outcome....and I will say it here, it made it a special win to me because Ricks Mom is so obnoxious in her cheering for the other team. She acts hateful over it, like it is a personal thing. Made me chuckle over it if nothing else did!!!

My stomach is still trashed out. I cannot seem to eat without it causing me to bloat up, and then causing bathroom issues. Sorry TMI I know, but I am not sure why, or what the problem is.

I know it is exhausting me, I slept for 10 hours last night and could go to bed now without a problem. But tonight is my TV night----Extreme Home Makeover, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers and Sisters. I seriously doubt I will make it through them all, good thing I can come back and watch them later.

Rick is still feeling bad as well, his has morphed into some sinus problems as well tho.

I do know I am losing weight with the problem, which is all good, but I also know I am not getting the nutrition I need from the food I am eating, and that is not good. And I have been behaving for the most part. I had 3 birthdays, and had one small cupcake, no ice cream nothing else!!! Not due to willpower, just due to not feeling like any of it sounded good to me. Yeah, I must still be sick. Food always sounds good!

Well my shows are starting!!!

Very quiet here.

I'm finishing up on some recordings and than I'm headed to bed. A good place for me to be. Away from food. I had such a good day yesterday and than just about blew it today. I'm up to about 2000 calories now. Yikes. Not gonna make the challenge if I have another day like today.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was wonderful here. I have a real busy week this week. Sister has several Doctor's appointments and I start my extra shifts this week.

See ya all in the morning.

hello all

what a crazy day, I am still loopy I think. Been cleaning and getting things together for the week. I was on this am and thought I posted, I guess I never hit to submit.

Tracy- hugs sister, I worked Mortgages for a long time. it totally sucks because the only way to get your name off a mtg is to refinance, and with her being late and the credit issues it won't be easy the way things are today.

Wish I had somthing happier to say. Just hugs

i hope you all have a good night. gained another lb but think it is all Water. I'm bloated and have not been drinking water, so tomorrow is another day!

have a good night all

Suzie, I know I'm debating the flu shot I got it last year twice after getting the flu shot( passing it back and fourth from my daughter) but at the same time I can't miss work for 6mos. Idk I've got a few weeks to decide. I get it free at work so I know I should be greatful. Glad all is doing good. Tracy good luck with the exwife

H! Very late posting! Very long, very busy, but nice day.

DD ended up sleeping in the truck for the hour ride home from town and that set her falling asleep back by a few hours! UGH! This is why she doesn't take naps anymore! Even a 15 minute nap will set her back almost an hour! So had a rough time getting her to sleep tonight.

DH was supposed to get off duty this AM but at 4:30AM was sent to a fire 6hrs south of us instead. He'll be gone all week. :frown: Tis the season!

Spent the day with the ILs. It was nice but I'm always glad to get home again. MIL is thrilled b/c DH and I want to try our hand and preserving/canning and she's got TONS of stuff and is thrilled to pass it on to us. She told DH that she has about 10-12 DOZEN jars!! :eek: I have no idea where we're going to store all of those!

Okay, I'm exhausted. Off to bed. 'Night!

H! Very late posting! Very long, very busy, but nice day.

DD ended up sleeping in the truck for the hour ride home from town and that set her falling asleep back by a few hours! UGH! This is why she doesn't take naps anymore! Even a 15 minute nap will set her back almost an hour! So had a rough time getting her to sleep tonight.

DH was supposed to get off duty this AM but at 4:30AM was sent to a fire 6hrs south of us instead. He'll be gone all week. :frown: Tis the season! That is horrible, I'll keep all the firefighters in my thoughts and prayers. They are all very brave.

Spent the day with the ILs. It was nice but I'm always glad to get home again. MIL is thrilled b/c DH and I want to try our hand and preserving/canning and she's got TONS of stuff and is thrilled to pass it on to us. She told DH that she has about 10-12 DOZEN jars!! :eek: I have no idea where we're going to store all of those! I've always wanted to do that, I make tons of sauce but I just don't have the energy to deal with it so I'll make a batch, eat it for a couple of days and then freeze leftovers in small single serving containers.

Okay, I'm exhausted. Off to bed. 'Night!

good morning everyone,

I'm up and exhausted, couldn't fall asleep last night and up and going this morning. Lots to do today and I think my friend is coming over to help me cut down some branches from a tree in my yard, so i'm up and ready to go for my walk.

Hope you all have a great morning and I'll be back ... probably when I'm eating Breakfast.< /span>

Look at me, not at work this morning. One of the other ladies wanted to trade with me. So I will be working Friday morning instead. But I'm up anyways, hubby wants me to go to the gym with him. My day off and I have to go workout. I still have to go into work though. The lady wanted to know if I would come in around 11am and close the store for her. So I actually work 1 1/2 hours. lol.

My sister has a Doc appointment this evening. She wanted me to take her, so I will be missing my bible study class. She wants me to go because she always forgets to ask the Doc things and knows I will remember.

Someone yesterday told me that my weight doesn't define who I am. ????? I know they are right, but that is who I am. This is what I have been all my life. Having been overweight since childhood, I know no other way. It's amazing how no matter where I go I always manage to get people to talk about dieting. Even when I have no clue as to who they are. People sitting at the next table. People standing in line chatting with their friend. How do I get away from it. How do I not let weight and dieting define my life when it is such a huge part of my life?

Busy day today, so I will check in when I can.

Michelle, is your husband headed to the fires in the San Gabriel Mntns? They have been showing it on the new here. I will keep all of them in my prayers.

Jenn, have a good walk.

Kat, I had the sweetest MIL anyone could ever have, it's hard for me to understand that anyone could have problems with their MIL. But it sounds like you are one of those people. You'd think that after all the years that you and Rick have been married that his family would be more accepting and caring towards you. I cna't imagine anyone not totalling falling in love with you. I have and I have never met you in person. Speaking of meeting someone, Janie and I will be meeting each other Oct. 25th. I just love doing that with her. I absolutely adore her and think she is one of the sweetest persons I have met in a long time. Sure wish you where going to be there also.

Everyone have a great day.

Away from food. I had such a good day yesterday and than just about blew it today. I'm up to about 2000 calories now. Yikes. Not gonna make the challenge if I have another day like today.

I hear ya girlfriend....I was awful too. It is especially hard for me when dh is off work and wants to go out to eat. Oh well, no excuses, it is what it is and I am going to start new today. Ya with me? :frown:

hello all

what a crazy day, I am still loopy I think. Been cleaning and getting things together for the week. I was on this am and thought I posted, I guess I never hit to submit.

Tracy- hugs sister, I worked Mortgages for a long time. it totally sucks because the only way to get your name off a mtg is to refinance, and with her being late and the credit issues it won't be easy the way things are today.

Wish I had somthing happier to say. Just hugs

Whew, I wasn't losing my mind after all. When you said you had posted I thought, omg, my meds are working overtime and I am losin' it! lol As far as the mortgage thing, you are exactly right and now, her credit is so bad that they would not finance it for her if she tried, and she doesn't really want it anyway I dont think, so we are really stuck in a rut.:sad:

Suzie, I know I'm debating the flu shot I got it last year twice after getting the flu shot( passing it back and fourth from my daughter) but at the same time I can't miss work for 6mos. Idk I've got a few weeks to decide. I get it free at work so I know I should be greatful. Glad all is doing good. Tracy good luck with the exwife

Thanks Cari. Take advantage of the free flu shot. It is early in the flu season and it is horrible already! I need to get one too!

How old is your dd? Naps in the car never really kept macy from sleeping at night but sugar will do it FAST! lol Sorry you had a rough timegetting her to sleep.

Kat-so I get from your post that Dallas lost? lol I do not even watch unless I have football squares. Then I do not care who wins as long as I do :eek:

Good morning ladies...one of our other problems is for the past year since dh got his new job, we have been paying child support from our checking account and I found out from my brother (who has been thru this kind of mess) that unless the money goes thru the child support office, they are showing we owe her and we are in arrears. SO, this morning I am going to dig through bank records to find proof of payment.:blink: In addition to that, dh and his wife agreed that when dsd moved in with us that we would not pay anymore. Well, I found out that we have to get her to admit that fact and if she doesn't we will still owe her because the only thing that can change a court order is another court order...ugh. At least we will have legal custody of her and it will be official. You know, I knew all of this in my common sense brain but did not really think about it. SO, now when we get the lawyer, we are gonna try to take care of all of it at once. It'll all work out. Ok, enough whining:blush:.

I gotta get dd ready for school. I will drop in later! Make today count :wink3: