Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I returned to the doctor Monday afternoon, because I finished the 5 days of tamiflu and zithromax and I still felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I could barely breath after coughing. He ordered a chest x-ray and it seems I had pneumonia on top of the flu. If he hadn't given me the zithromax as a precaution, I can't imagine how bad it would've gotten. I am asthmatic, so he gave me a steroid shot to hurry and get the inflammation down. He also prescribed 5 MORE days of zithromax and 9 days of prednisone:mad2:( i hate taking prednisone). My asthma since dropping the 90 lbs is so much better. The inhaler I was using was from August 08. I maybe use it once a month. I can not even imagine how bad this would've been if I was still at 310. I could've been one of the people hospitalized with this dang H1N1.:tongue: Just another reason to love my band.:thumbup:

OMG... that is why I pray that I lose alot of weight... when I had my asthma shock attack and could not breathe...blah..blah..blah...the nurses told me the next day that I had pnemonia yet my doctor told me that asthma fills the lungs and it is not pnemonia and that was why in the emergency room they had given me such high doses of steriods... I was given a heavy antibiotics and sent home :(

:ohmy:muy heart goes out to you :scared2:

Rate the thread ladies...we need some STARS :seeya::w00t:

I know that bait is for fish :w00t:

but Rate a thread :w00t::w00t::w00t:

How do you do that ...RATE A THREAD? :w00t::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt2::(:confused::scared2::confused::thumbup::confused::tongue::confused::w00t::tt2::eek::eek::eek::):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rate the thread ladies...we need some STARS :(:w00t:

Yes, ma'am...done!

:tongue::sneaky::w00t::sneaky:

I just figured it out....

on top of the thread...

is a title of rate...

press down and vote......

:(:thumbup::scared2::thumbup::thumbup:

I did do a level 2 Water aerobics last night... holy smokes, but felt great:w00t:

Glad you're feeling better. Having just come off of this, I was worried for you.

Sounds like a great class! Good job!

I talked to my administrator today and she was furious and had me put what happened in writing. I hope that girl gets fired. Tonight school starts blah. Well off to bed

So glad she's on your side and that you reported it! Hopefully something gets done about it now!

Best wishes with school. What are you taking?

I traded my work day with another girl and my younger sis and a couple of friends and I are headed over to Kansas to go apple picking. I love this time of year. I love to apple pick and I love to bake things. The weather is perfect for it. Sunny and a high of 67. Perfect.

Sounds like fun! Enjoy!!!

Hey girls--

Oh Kat! I'm so sorry about Rick! That is so scary!! And WHY does that kind of stuff happen in the middle of the night/weekend instead of during the day when everyone (meaning medical professionals) is up and able to help?!

Hi everyone :tongue:

Macy is doing much better. The cough is horrible and will probably be around for a while.

Michelle-how far away does your mom live? Enjoy your time with her there. My mom only lives about 80 miles away but I wish I had her right next door. :(

Glad Macy is feeling better. Stay on top of that ear!

Mom lives 3 1/2 hrs away. Next door would be too close but in the same area would be GREAT!

I have to make this fast :seeya::eek::w00t:

I have been off the boards because it was a religious holiday weekend for my family which ended on Monday (Yom Kipper)

:w00t::tt1: I did finish my afgan for a friends daughters baby and it was so nice and finished it prior to running out of the house... it kept me from eating :scared2::thumbup:

Glad you're back! You're a better person than I am. If I'm cookin', I'm eatin'!!!! LOL!

Glad you got the afghan done! I only know one crochet stitch. I want to learn more and learn how to knit too but classes are prohibitive right now.

Anyway, going to do anther wash, having a complete pitty party today, but feel better after 3 hrs of crying

Are you okay? I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

I have taken up crocheting and while relaxing :w00t: I crochet, it has helped and forces me to sit down and turn off the world :thumbup:

I should just buy some yarn and sit down and start making lap robes or something. Even with just one stitch, it would be good for me. And I can donate the lap robes to vets and that would be good too.

Laura

I was on the website and just took the real age test...

Took a while but worth it.

OH well, I got it out, and do feel better. Still mad at my mom for taking my car keys this morning, I'm grounded at home, but it is done

I've done the real age test too. I need to update it. I can't remember where I was at. I know I was younger tho!

Ummm, am I missing something? I know I'm new but you're 38 and your mom took you car keys? I'm so confused!!

Apologies to Kat, Diva, Heart and others who read this on PJTP.

I returned to the doctor Monday afternoon, because I finished the 5 days of tamiflu and zithromax and I still felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I could barely breath after coughing. He ordered a chest x-ray and it seems I had pneumonia on top of the flu.

No apologies!!

What a mess tho! You have been SICK!!!! Sorry you're not ALL better. I understand about wanting to get back to your kids tho.

Prednisone sucks!

I was just watching the news and a young girl just died from it, I think local news not sure. She went to Dr, last wed, and Fri and Sun was having problems breathing and rushed to hospital and she died.

That's so sad! The poor family!!

~~~~~

Mom headed home a couple of hours ago. I always miss her and DD misses her too. Today she had decided she was going home with grandma. Didn't understand why that wasn't going to work. SHE thought it was a good idea! LOL!

Have a great evening/night everyone!

Edited by heartfire
oops!

I voted.

Gone all day and we had such a great time. There was hot fresh cider donuts. Oh yummy. I ate half of one and about 30 minutes later I ate the other half. So good. I bought 5lbs of apples, some apple cider jelly and some pumpkin butter. We found a quaint little restaurant to eat at and my sis and I shared a burger.

It was such a great day and than we got home. My older sisters kids are at it again. I'm so mad at them I just can't even think about how to handle it. Ughhh.

Glad to hear that everyone is back on the mend and feeling better. I have never watch the Dr. Oz show, I guess I'll have to try it sometime.

Suzanne

YEAH YOU! that was a good choice, only 1 and 1/2 then 1/2... How many would you normally have had? Right?

Sorry you went home to nonsense! Today must be the day for that.

Ok gang, I rated the thread, I'm going to take a shot of vodka or 2 to help me sleep, very bad day and it ended even worse if that is possible.

At least with my bad day i did a killer walk and then cleaned my room, got my ac out of ds's and my room and cleaned the nightmare laundry room no one will touch and both livingrooms, and took a nap after I cried for 3 hours.

I see i'm going to bed the same way. Lucky me

Talk to ya'll in the am

If you folks want to learn how to crochet

1- the library has tapes

2- Annies Attic has video tapes

and

3- this is the craziest YouTube has some great videos (who knew)

:ohmy:Keeps the fingers out of the peanut butter:thumbup:

:(:laugh::scared2::laugh::thumbup: Laura:w00t::tongue::w00t::w00t:

OK Ms. Tracy, my star vote has been added!!

Rick is feeling some better, fever has gone thank goodness!

Did I tell you about the patient we had, she coughed so hard with this flu stuff, she detached her retina!!!! OMG---scary!

We aren't supposed to repeat ourselves amongst the threads???? Uh oh! LOL! I have different people on each thread, I HAVE to repeat myself!!!

Well I am off to do some housework. Hang in there Jenn-----another day behind you, and they WILL get easier!

See y'all in the morning I Hope.....means I have to get my lazy butt out of bed at a decent time!! LOL

Morning.

Up for my early shift and than headed to Wal-Mart. And today is our hospital shift day. Still haven't heard if we have to have our flu shot to work there. I'm sure if they want us to have it, they will let us know.

Kay, so glad to hear that Rick is doing better. I remember years ago when I used to get terrible colds and do that awful coughing. I would set myself up in the spare room and put pillows in the corner and try to sleep sitting up. Everytime I would lay down I would do nothing but rumble. It was awful. But the worst part was the coughing. I felt like I was going to break a rib or actually bring a lung up:sad:. I would soak in the shower just to relieve my sore muscles. The worst was one time I tried to take a puff off of a cig and just about passed out. I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks with pnuemonia in both my lungs. No more of that. I jump on and cold as soon as I feel one coming on.

Not sure how I'm going to handle the kids and their issue. I'm sure I'm not going to hear from them for a day or two. They know I'm not happy and will lay low for a while. Which is good, because if I saw them right now I might chew their heads off.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in soon.

good morning ladies

Kat - glad Rick is on the mend

Suzanne - wow you are up early. Hope you have a great day.

I feel like I'm total self destruct mode and I don't know why. I feel bloated and had a bad day/night yesterday and I'm still exhausted since I didn't sleep well at all.

anyway, why is everything always my fault? I get blamed for everything that I know I should not feel guilty for, but that is me. I can't do a single thing right.

I just figured it out....

on top of the thread...

is a title of rate...

press down and vote......

I *knew* you could do it! :w00t::lol: Ya'll are a smart group of ladies!! :thumbup:

I have never watch the Dr. Oz show, I guess I'll have to try it sometime.

I would watch him while he was on Oprah, but since they pulled my beloved Dr Phil to put Dr Oz on, I am on strike. I will not put it on that channel at that time until Dr Phil is back on! lol

OK Ms. Tracy, my star vote has been added!!

Thank you!

Rick is feeling some better, fever has gone thank goodness! Great news!

Did I tell you about the patient we had, she coughed so hard with this flu stuff, she detached her retina!!!! OMG---scary!

OK, now this is just freaky...are you serious? :tongue:

Morning.

Up for my early shift and than headed to Walmart. I need to go there today too but would rather be beat. lol

Not sure how I'm going to handle the kids and their issue. I'm sure I'm not going to hear from them for a day or two. They know I'm not happy and will lay low for a while. Which is good, because if I saw them right now I might chew their heads off. Good idea...we do not live close enough to come bail you out of jail! :(

I feel like I'm total self destruct mode and I don't know why. I feel bloated and had a bad day/night yesterday and I'm still exhausted since I didn't sleep well at all. I am sorry...today is gonna be better!!

anyway, why is everything always my fault? I get blamed for everything that I know I should not feel guilty for, but that is me. I can't do a single thing right.

Well, I know one thing you are doing right...look how far you have come physically? You are doing amazing! Do not lose sight of that, ok?

Good morning everyone! I woke up this morning, got on here and saw STARS! :seeya: It is the little things in life that give me a thrill. lol

I kept Macy home again today. She is still fever free but woke me up saying her whole head hurts (and of course coughing). I had an appointment for a mammogram today but I am gonna have to postpone it...that just breaks my heart :w00t:

I read a story this morning that said that a Michigan woman is in trouble because...are you ready for this?...she has a few neighbor kids that come to her house in the morning for about an hour each day until the bus gets there because their parents have to go to work and the State is p.o.'d because she is not a licensed day care provider!! C'mon, really? Since when can neighbors not do favors for each other? That is really sad...an outrage actually.:scared2:

Jen-can I give you a new weight to start tomorrow (oct 1st) with? I have gained...and I am not talking about a little, but I do not want to talk about that anymore today :w00t:

OK, everyone have a great day! ttyl....

Edited by TracyK
not enough coffee....

Suzanne---what's going on with the kids? What did I miss? I am so sorry....I hate when I miss key things!

Not sure yet if I am going in to work or not. Thinking I might be getting Ricks germs. I am unable to get very far from the bathroom at this point---sorry TMI I know, but if it hits this way as opposed to throwing up, my band and I will be forever grateful. Still----talk about miserable!

Poor Macy, I hate coughing. There is an otc liquid cough Syrup we use. It is in a brown bottle, with a purple lable, and it is called Cough and Bronchial Syrup, I cannot remember the maker....let me go see if I can dig up a bottle. I can't find it, I think I took it to my Dad. It is homeopathic---and you take it every 20 minutes til the cough calms down. It does not put me to sleep, and it helps like nothing else. I will call in a little bit and see if he has the bottle to get the name.

Got up to walk in there, and my stomach is acting up......grrrrrrr. Otherwise I don't feel too badly.

Going to go get ready, in case I can go. See ya laterz!

I'm home. I hate going to Wal-Mart. But it's done and $160.00 I'm home with my feet up.

Crappy eating day already but I'm gonna turn that around for the rest of the day. I decided to make a piece of toast and put some apple jelly on it. It's really good good but stuck now. I'm gonna have to wait a little before I can take a drink and start my Water.< /span>

Kat, it's the one living with us. The one with the drug issues. As far as we know he's not using the hard stuff again but he did ask his Mom for one of her pain pills. I very casually asked him to not ask her again because it throws her off and she ends up feeling guilty for not giving it to him. She thinks he's in pain and wants to help him, but than she remembers she's not to give him anything. He then plays the guilty card with her. So after I asked him not to ask her, he called her and chewed her butt out for calling me and telling me, and then hung up on her. So I'm not sure at this point which way I'm going with this. I do know one thing, I won't be seeing him for a few days. He knows he's pushed it with me. My sister knows that she is to tell me everything. This is a stipulation that we have that she inform me of all that goes on. That way I don't look like the idiot when something comes up. I'm her main caregiver and she needs to be honest with me. Nothing like sitting in the Doc's office and finding out she never told me what was going on. Besides, all 3 of us are sisters and we tell each other everything, that way if one needs to, they can step in and take control of the situation. The kids just don't get it. They think we snitch on them. So how can I help out one of them if I don't know what is going on? KIDS........drive me crazy.

Lovely day here today.Supposed to get up to 70 degrees.Sun is shining but they are calling for storms tomorrow. First of the month and that means it is family Breakfast time again. Once a month.

Jenn, Quit letting them lay the guilt trip on you. Stand firm. You are not to blame for others actions. They made the choices and let them deal with it. You are not at fault. Stay strong.

I'll check in soon.