Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hi everyone :)

Macy is doing much better. The cough is horrible and will probably be around for a while.

Jen-I am tired and I think I am getting an ear infection :unsure: but other than that I am great :) Glad you are feeling better today!

Cari-I am so glad that you told on that girl. I hope she gets what is coming to her.

Suzi-congrats on the workout & the walk. You are making me feel like a slug! lol

Kat-how is Rick?

Michelle-how far away does your mom live? Enjoy your time with her there. My mom only lives about 80 miles away but I wish I had her right next door. :tongue2:

Hi Shalee and Cindy ...

where is jolly (Laura)? hmmm...

OK, Macy needs me to do some things for her so I gotta run...be back soon!

Kat = that is horrible Rick is so sick! that is very scary stuff....

I tried to drink some hot broth yesterday and it felt like it made it worse, so I tried the extreme opposite with the ice cold Water and that worked. Funny how that all works. Just took me 30 mins to eat my Breakfast and the last bite was about to put me over the edge, but I ate.

Tracy - glad Macy is feeling better that poor thing. You take care of you too!

OK going to get a wash going and then head to the gym for weights. I'm frustrated with some things this morning and I hate feeling that way, I like having myself together

I hope all the kiddos feel better soon. I talked to my administrator today and she was furious and had me put what happened in writing. I hope that girl gets fired. Tonight school starts blah. Well off to bed

Good for you! Always stand up for yourself. You can always do this in a mature and proper manner. I hope everything works out for the best. Please keep us updated!

Hey girls--

Just a few minutes then I have to get to work.

Rick is so sick.....it is scary! They said there is a 50/50 chance it is H1N1---or it could be a standard every year variety of the influenza virus.

I don't know if I told you this or not, but he was (is) SO sick, he actually had left his chopper out on the sidewalk for days! He moved it so we could unload wood, and then he left and went in and threw up the first time, and it was on.....he has been a sick puppy ever since! Normally that bike is not sitting outside in the elements! He could not move it. Son finally put it away.

Then yesterday his fever spiked, well late last night, and he was talking to me about a rabbit he was looking out the window for. I finally got him to sit down and his fever registered at 104.2! OMG! I called the nurse hot line, and they had me get him in a nice warm shower--NOT cold! But when he got out, to let as much Water simply evaporate from his body as I could, and if the fever was not below 103 they wanted me to call 911. In the meantime, I am giving him drinks of Gatorade in the shower!!! And she told me to give him aspirin, not his Tylenol. As an adult it was ok. Within an hour his fever was down to 100. Scary crap. I am a bit worried about going to work. But I did yesterday and he was fine, it was late night, early morning this happen. He woke me from a a sound sleep rattling the blinds to look for the rabbit!!!!

Jenn, if you have mucus issues, and get tight again, try drinking something as hot as you can stand-------remember when I plugged off my stoma??? Dr, at the fill center was on the money with that suggestion, it eased very very quickly!

Give Macy hugs---poor darlin'!!!

Suzanne, don't let them work you too much---or you will end up joining the ranks of the ailing!

I am a sanitizing fool, but fear it is useless, all these people think they might as well come to the eye dr. whether they are sick or not. Grrrrrrr

We did actually have one woman we sent straight to surgery, she coughed so hard, she detached a retina! Youch!!!

Gotta run!

Hugs!

Wow my goodness!! Here's hoping your hubby get well soon!! :tongue2:

:w00t::w00t:I have to make this fast :eek::eek::eek:

I have been off the boards because it was a religious holiday weekend for my family which ended on Monday (Yom Kipper)

Even though Monday is a day of fast we do have a dairy dinner to break the fast but for health reasons we do eat modestly during the day but :) if you want to control the family and extended calorie count :sneaky: you cook everything :w00t: even though you are banded :tt1::tt1:

:crying: If you want your butt to stay in the previous year (Jewish Year) :wub: I can not taste as I cook :clap: :crying::crying::crying:

I can not :):cursing::unsure::cursing: it is the start of the year and the book is closed :angry::angry::angry:

:tt1::tt1: I did finish my afgan for a friends daughters baby and it was so nice and finished it prior to running out of the house... it kept me from eating :):thumbup:

:w00t::w00t: Everything that I cooked was eaten yet I was so happy that I could make it yet NOT eat it :):rolleyes:

:w00t::w00t:As I am writing this Dr Oz is on TV and he showed some overweight people and it was upsetting but at least I know I am on my way... went on my hospital webpage and I took my BMI and it is 41.6 because even though I am 6 feet.. I used 5 ft 10...:):ohmy: because if I used my real height I would have a better BMI :ohmy::ohmy:

anyway, if I get down to the 260 lb challenge then I would move out of the morbibly obese to severly obese :lol::lol::lol:

:w00t::w00t: still would be overweight but at least I would be better off health wise :mad2: he showed a womans xray who had a BMI of 50 plus and she had her lungs pressed by her body fat :tongue2::thumbdown:

So maybe we should all be tracking our weight loss but Dr OZ worries about the waist size :w00t::w00t:

:sneaky::sneaky: Maybe we should add our BMI to the Halloween contest and :w00t: our waistline :w00t::w00t:

:eek::eek: Miracle that I finally finished this post .... :) Missed this site :tt1::tt1:

Edited by jollygreen1955

Laura

glad you checked in.

I cook great stuff for my family when I'm eating well, and I am so satisfied that I got to make for others, I don't mind that I miss it, or I make a small portion in a way I can eat the same main part.

I saw that Dr. Oz show, that is scary stuff isn't it? I am 6lbs away from my BMI being obese to just over! That is almost crazy amazing to me, so that and to lose some more inches is part of my personal Challange for Halloween.

Did you see the Dr. Oz the day before that showed about the belly fat and the liver.... I missed it, might go look and see if I can archive while I'm sitting here, It was almost amazing what the end results were.

Anyway, going to do anther wash, having a complete pitty party today, but feel better after 3 hrs of crying

Laura

glad you checked in.

I saw that Dr. Oz show, that is scary stuff isn't it? party today,............... but feel better after 3 hrs of crying

Dr Oz has a website and it is www dot Doctor Oz dot com

and it is worth looking at ... he also has a section on health problems... :tongue2:

As for the crying part, I hope that all is fine... to lower my BP I have taken up crocheting and while relaxing :) I crochet, it has helped and forces me to sit down and turn off the world :)

Laura

I was on the website and just took the real age test...

Took a while but worth it.

Happy to report that I am 38.5 and my real age is 39.

The bad, I didn't put my Vit D down and it said I should take more

Stress in my life

Weight/BMI, which I am working on

Not knowing my chlorestol *sp* and my resting heart rate, of course I could have looked but I'm lazy.

So I'll take that, close to my real age, when I get down some more weight, I'll do it again.

I do feel better, I walk and exercise for stress, which usually works, but the last couple days have just not been great.

OH well, I got it out, and do feel better. Still mad at my mom for taking my car keys this morning, I'm grounded at home, but it is done

Trying to exercise... ugh... can not say but ... need the butt to go:tongue2:

:(:scared2:

Like a 2 year old :thumbup::angry: want instant gratification and want the weight to be off :scared2::scared2:

gotta move the bod :tongue:

Laura

I was on the website and just took the real age test...

Took a while but worth it.

Happy to report that I am 38.5 and my real age is 39.

The bad, I didn't put my Vit D down and it said I should take more

Stress in my life

Weight/BMI, which I am working on

Not knowing my chlorestol *sp* and my resting heart rate, of course I could have looked but I'm lazy.

So I'll take that, close to my real age, when I get down some more weight, I'll do it again.

I do feel better, I walk and exercise for stress, which usually works, but the last couple days have just not been great.

OH well, I got it out, and do feel better. Still mad at my mom for taking my car keys this morning, I'm grounded at home, but it is done

I took that not too long ago for my Health Ed class a few months ago. It's a really good test and I hope everyone takes their shot at it. I think I got about 37 which isn't too bad I don't think. I'm going to be 36 in a few months.

Now, I should go back and take it with the mindset of when I was at my heaviest and most unhealthy. I probably would be shocked! ...or maybe not!!

Tracy: I am glad that Macy is feeling better. Watch that cough, though...see below.

Kat: I am so sorry your husband is feeling so bad. I hope he feels better soon.

Apologies to Kat, Diva, Heart and others who read this on PJTP.

I returned to the doctor Monday afternoon, because I finished the 5 days of tamiflu and zithromax and I still felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I could barely breath after coughing. He ordered a chest x-ray and it seems I had pneumonia on top of the flu. If he hadn't given me the zithromax as a precaution, I can't imagine how bad it would've gotten. I am asthmatic, so he gave me a steroid shot to hurry and get the inflammation down. He also prescribed 5 MORE days of zithromax and 9 days of prednisone:mad2:( i hate taking prednisone). My asthma since dropping the 90 lbs is so much better. The inhaler I was using was from August 08. I maybe use it once a month. I can not even imagine how bad this would've been if I was still at 310. I could've been one of the people hospitalized with this dang H1N1.:scared2: Just another reason to love my band.:(

O Please! No need to apologize at all. I do this all the time. :thumbup:

I hope you get better very soon. I was on Zithromax due from getting the flu (not sure if it was H1N1, was never tested) last month and now just starting to feel better. I'm also Asthmatic so my Dr doesnt waste time with thinking about wether or not to give it to me.

I'm so sorry yours turned into Pneumonia... :scared2: and Ugh! on having to take the steroids. I hate that! I will send good thoughts your way and hope it doesn't sabotage your efforts. I've been there done that.

Get some rest, plenty of fluids and some Vitamin C! Your students are missing you I'm sure. But hey, you can always hang here with us all day! That's always a fun way to pass the down time. :(

And definitely yes! It's so great to know the band has helped with the weight loss, which also helped with the asthma, which helped with not getting too sick with the H1N1.. lol Lot to say all at once but still. That's a real blessing. :tongue:

Edited by LilMissDiva

O Please! No need to apologize at all. I do this all the time. :thumbup:

I hope you get better very soon. I was on Zithromax due from getting the flu (not sure if it was H1N1, was never tested) last month and now just starting to feel better. I'm also Asthmatic so my Dr doesnt waste time with thinking about wether or not to give it to me.

I'm so sorry yours turned into Pneumonia... :scared2: and Ugh! on having to take the steroids. I hate that! I will send good thoughts your way and hope it doesn't sabotage your efforts. I've been there done that.

Get some rest, plenty of fluids and some Vitamin C! Your students are missing you I'm sure. But hey, you can always hang here with us all day! That's always a fun way to pass the down time. :(

Thanks for the well wishes. The doctor said I was cleared to return when the fever subsided so I returned on Monday. I teach the inclusion classes so my kids don't do well with subs. It is difficult for them to handle change. I feel bad, but me at 60% is better for my kids, than a substitute. We have good subs, but the kids are really hard on them.

Thanks for the well wishes. The doctor said I was cleared to return when the fever subsided so I returned on Monday. I teach the inclusion classes so my kids don't do well with subs. It is difficult for them to handle change. I feel bad, but me at 60% is better for my kids, than a substitute. We have good subs, but the kids are really hard on them.

Oh that's great! I bet you missed your kiddos!

Seriously, I get what you say about the subs... teehee! You're talking to an age old Class Clown here. :(

Glad your back at work though. Hang in there! :scared2:

Tracy: I am glad that Macy is feeling better. Watch that cough, though...see below.

Kat: I am so sorry your husband is feeling so bad. I hope he feels better soon.

Apologies to Kat, Diva, Heart and others who read this on PJTP.

I returned to the doctor Monday afternoon, because I finished the 5 days of tamiflu and zithromax and I still felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I could barely breath after coughing. He ordered a chest x-ray and it seems I had pneumonia on top of the flu. If he hadn't given me the zithromax as a precaution, I can't imagine how bad it would've gotten. I am asthmatic, so he gave me a steroid shot to hurry and get the inflammation down. He also prescribed 5 MORE days of zithromax and 9 days of prednisone:mad2:( i hate taking prednisone). My asthma since dropping the 90 lbs is so much better. The inhaler I was using was from August 08. I maybe use it once a month. I can not even imagine how bad this would've been if I was still at 310. I could've been one of the people hospitalized with this dang H1N1.:scared2: Just another reason to love my band.:(

Holy smokes that is scary. I hate to put my kids on prenisone too, but that is scary. I was just watching the news and a young girl just died from it, I think local news not sure. She went to Dr, last wed, and Fri and Sun was having problems breathing and rushed to hospital and she died.

I'm glad you caught it in time

So maybe we should all be tracking our weight loss but Dr OZ worries about the waist size :w00t::w00t:

:tongue::sneaky: Maybe we should add our BMI to the Halloween contest and :w00t: our waistline :w00t::w00t:

:eek::eek: Miracle that I finally finished this post .... :thumbup: Missed this site :tt1::tt1:

Hi Laura...I missed ya! Ugh, I do not want to do the waistline thing because there is no way I will have what Dr Oz says I should have. I havent been under a 35" since elementary school! :scared2:

Anyway, going to do anther wash, having a complete pitty party today, but feel better after 3 hrs of crying

Hmm, I slept for 3 hours :w00t:

Tracy: I am glad that Macy is feeling better. Watch that cough, though...

OK, I will. It is a really bad cough. The dr gave her a Rx for it. So far it is doing pretty good. Strong stuff...just 1/2 tsp every 12 hrs! Sorry about you...I hate that you have to take those meds. I hope you feel 100% again really soon!

And definitely yes! It's so great to know the band has helped with the weight loss, which also helped with the asthma, which helped with not getting too sick with the H1N1.. lol Lot to say all at once but still. That's a real blessing. :)

:w00t: Hi Diva. Good to see you posting here. My name is Tracy, lol :tt2:

I think my anti-depressants are working a little too well...I want to sleep all the time. But then again that is my fav sport anyway :(

I am undecided if I am sending Macy to school tomorrow. Her cough sounds rough but she seems to feel fine. She says she feels "a little bit great". lol

Have a good evening sistas!

Suzanne-hope you aren't over-doing yourself!

:seeya: Hi 'guests'. :tt2: (I crack myself up)