Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I gave this thread it’s due, it’s a very nice one!

Tracy, hello! Nice to meet you, I’m Irene. Thanks for the welcome! J I’m really sorry to hear about the gain. I’ve been there, but I’m not giving in or giving up!! No way!! So if you all are into challenges, I’m game!

The story about the lady getting into trouble… that’s so silly. Life definitely is a little backwards sometimes. You try to do the right thing and comes back to bite ya in the behind!

Kat, glad to hear your husband is starting to feel better. I also really hope you’re not getting sick yourself! Too way too wonderful to deserve anything like that. I was sick for awhile too and it was NO FUN! Hang int there and if necessary hang out here with us all day! J

…and that whole coughing nurse and retina thing. Gross!! But just in time for Halloween eh?

anyway, why is everything always my fault? I get blamed for everything that I know I should not feel guilty for, but that is me. I can't do a single thing right.

I completely know where you’re coming from.

Dr. Oz is pretty good! He’s really informative, and I didn’t think that would be the case really. I’m glad I gave his show a chance.

OMG..My blood pressure goes :w00t: up :eek::eek:

:):confused:what Jerky neighbor called child services on this Michigan mom who was doing the right thing :)

when my son was young someone asked me to watch her son after school for money and I said I would have done it for free but was afraid REPEAT afraid of the laws but really I am a laughing person who is a hugger. I am terrified of what would happen if they declared that hugging was taken differently:mad2:

seriously, my friends father, my husbands childhood teacher got in trouble for a false claim and I will never deal with children after that incident :eek: he did clear his name but it was dragged out and we all freaked out :w00t:

sometimes we as a society are to overprotective :)

I wish to god that they regulate the food industry, with all their chemicals added to our food supply :blink:

Tracy, hello! Nice to meet you, I’m Irene. Thanks for the welcome! J I’m really sorry to hear about the gain. I’ve been there, but I’m not giving in or giving up!! No way!! So if you all are into challenges, I’m game!

Well, I am normally up for a good challenge. Keep me accountable. I know how to do this with the band because I have lost it before...so it is not that I am a slow learner :)...maybe just a glutten for punishment? lol

OMG..My blood pressure goes :w00t: up :eek::eek:

:):confused:what Jerky neighbor called child services on this Michigan mom who was doing the right thing :)

Probably some jealous neighbor that has to PAY for before school care and decided to ruin it for everyone! :w00t:

I should be going to exercise, but instead I am gonna take a nap :blink: See ya'll later

Hi Irene, :) I'll rememeber that, my Grandmothers name was Irene.

I will never leave my husband alone with any child, our is going thru that nightmare now. The girl finally confessed that she lied but the damage is done. It's still a nightmare for them.

There is such a fine line...I am personally glad I do not have to draw it. I would never in any situation, want a child to be being abused and it not be taken seriously. On the other hand, they have figured out, as have manipulating parents, how to work the system, for financial gain, or to hurt the other party as in divorce.

I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears, kids, love them or not, lie through their teeth. My youngest "step daughter" (long seriously pissy story) sat with a judge and told everything from little twists on the truth to whoppers! And what do you do? Her Mom coached her, of that we have no doubt---but where do you draw the line? We personally drew it, right then and there, we were scared spitless of what the next lie might be, and which one of us would land in jail trying to defend ourselves, when nothing had happened. We would never have expected it, but when we walked in the court room that day we never expected to hear the lies we heard either! So.....I am glad I only had to deal with our own case, and am not expected to make laws and regulations for everyone else!

I ran a day care for 20 years. Began in my house and grew into a stand alone business. Things changed so drastically! When I first licensed myself in my home, I had an inspector in my home for 10 minutes max, including the yard. He gave me a pamphlet with guidlelines, and a contact # if I wanted to do state sponsored day care. By the time I sold the business, there was a manual, and mandatory class time. There was an entire chapter of the manual, dedicated to diaper changing, which consisted of 17 steps!

Another entire chapter on food, and how and when a child can eat. When I began, they ate when they were hungry!!

Now I keep no kids except the grandkids. And they are so busy citing rules from school, I have no idea when they actually learn anything else!

Strange scary world we are creating!

Diva Irene---I am so glad to have you here! LOL I still flip flop you back and forth from being Irene to simply being Diva!!! She does not have her avatar on here, but she is a beautiful girl---and she has ALWAYS been fair minded, and helpful---I am glad to consider her my friend. Although.....you can have my pumpkin stuff--I was heartbroke when they took away my Toffee cappucino and put in pumpkin! My calorie count has improved drastically tho!!!

Feeling crappy. I am taking Zofron to keep the nausea at bay......staying home. Went to the Dr for it, so the throwing up can be controlled. And they want a Dr.'s excuse at work. Puhleeze! I have not been late, or taken off without THEM being gone....and they cop an attitude. DH was so pissed off he keeps telling me to quit. But aside from her attitude she cops here and there, I like my job. And really like the extra $$$!!

Suz----wish I had wise words for you. Drug addictions are so difficult, because it is like dealing with so many different personalities, depending on if they are using, and what they are using.....sorry!

Tracy----how's the girlie? Had to laugh, when I read your post, I realized, I am not really a slow loser.....just a slow learner! I KNOW what to do....it is just doing it!

They weighed me in at the Dr., and it was not as bad as I was fearing. I am only 11 pounds off what I was when I was there last....and that was with the twisted intestine. So I am almost where I was a year ago. So while I have not been losing even more for a year, I am pretty happy here, and I was not at my high weight for yet another year. I WILL get the last 15 pounds or so off, and learn to keep it off!!!

I am up now, just did a little housework and about to cook some garlic chicken stir fry...so, I ave not had too bad of a day with food. I will not review it with you all, but trust me, it is a little better than the past week or so,,,I have drank alot of Water tho... :)

Jolly, I know what you mean! It can seriously be a little scary when dealing with other people children. Well, other people’s anything really. Had I witnessed some crazy stuff like that I would have made the same decision as you when asked to watch someone’s child.

Tracy, if you don’t mind my asking – what do you mean “I’ve lost it before”? Was that before the band or just the gain since banding? I’m just curious.

I've gained quite a bit myself. I was all the way down to 227 at one point late last year. Since then I’ve inclined almost 35 Lbs!! Wow!! But I’m back down to 247 at this time (yay!). I’ve found WW to be almost a life saver. Well, food tracking in general. I also bought some Skechers Shape-Ups shoes and an elliptical machine to change up the workouts, so that’s really helped a lot too. That being said, I hope you enjoyed your nap! Lol! :-P

Well hello there suzie! So nice to meet you! I especially love it when someone knows someone with my name. It’s pretty rare. J But here’s a pet peeve of mine… when someone starts singing “Goodnight Irene”. Blah! Haha!

Kat! You are such a dear friend to me! Thank you so much for your kind words, it means so much. J Though I must tell you, you probably are the fairest minded, non judgmental, clear headed, well spoken lady I’ve ever met. So glad to have met you! Thanks for the compliments, you have made my day!!

I’m so sorry you had to go through that drama with your Step Daughter. I can’t even imagine how awful that must have been. You came through wonderfully though, so keep your chin up!

About your job, well – I can relate! Oh boy can I? Every single time I get sick I get bad flack. But you know, it only comes from the realization that not a lot will get done there when you’re gone. Believe me, you’re valuable there, or no one would notice or care. J

Okay one last thing, I’ve always meant to tell you how much I love your signature “You’re born an original, don’t die a copy”… It’s the best I’ve seen.

Well, that’s it for now. I don’t really have anything else to add right now. Hope everyone has a peaceful, easy going afternoon. Toodles!

:) Irene's here!!! Hey, Irene...It is good to see you here.:blink:

Jenn: I hope you day is getting better:sad:

Kat: We had problems with my stepdaughter for a few years. To my knowledge, she never told lies about us, but when our oldest was very young, my stepdaughter would "hug" her tightly and my husband caught her pinning her down on the floor. He straightened her out, but it was jealously because she wanted the life my daughter had. She wanted to be able to have a stable parent to live with. She was actually afraid of her mom in many ways and wanted to live with us, but mom threw a fit. We saw an attorney and it was not going to happen unless she testified and she was too afraid of her mom to do it. Her mom finally relented and let her live with her grandparents. We, of course, still had to pay the child support to her. The day my stepdaughter turned 18, she moved in with us and to this day, she calls me mom and goes for a year or more without speaking to her mother.

Hey everyone

Thanks for your well wishes, today I hit rock bottom, sad thing is some of my best friends are so far away from me and I felt even more alone, and the one guy who I feel is just right, is again, not close and not moving and i can't for a couple of years either.

Tracy, I know you have heard this, but I dont' belong here.... I know this in my heart. or I need to find someone else with southern roots.

Keith Urban is Wed night, and every single song of his is just going to make me have a nervous breakdown. I am just going to drink. I have 7th row floor seats.

I'm off to bed...mentally exhausted and offically more single than I want to be.

xoxoxo

Jenn, I hate that you are so down on everything. You sound a bit "all over the place" right now! I have a suggestion....maybe a question....

You say you need to move, that you want to be in the South, but as I understand it, you cannot move with a clear conscience right now with your DD's age. I respect that decision. If NY has always been her home, she deserves to be allowed to finish out her schooling there. But WAY more important than WHERE she is is HOW she is, and she needs you to be stable, and secure, and a safety net for HER right now.

So my point or question or whatever it is, is this----you are in a well populated area, and there have to be transplants there from the south. What about on line? Lots of people meet their partners on line! Some of our personal friends even!!!

Point being----on line would get you to be able to learn about this person with lots of communication, no fears of it moving too fast, or fears of them meeting face to face with Kev at this stage of the game, or even meeting your kids at this time. It would allow you to feel desired, and yet not pressured.

I am a HUGE believer in communication.

Long story as short as possible....

Rick and I went to school together from 4th grade on. We never dated til 6 years after graduating. Then we lived together for awhile, and I knew I loved him like no other. But work was much like it is now, and he was headed to college in Colorado, and my divorce did not allow me to leave the county much less the state---and like you that was the right thing for my DD. So we went our separate ways. Fast forward some really bad times for both of us, and he is still in CO and I am still here, and we reconnect, finally both single at the same time. We did the long distance relationship for 3 years! This was before cell phones were a dime a dozen, before free long distance, before everyone had internet. We talked on the phone for a few minutes almost every day. And we wrote letters---real pen to paper letters, every day. Mail was my life line, I loved Wed. hated Tues, and Sun. Mail does not run on Sun, so not only did I not get a letter that day, one did not mail out, so Tuesday (took 2 days to get from Denver to here!) I didn't get a letter. BUT on Wed. I got both Sun & Mon.'s!! LOL Some letters were long, and emotional, some were silly, but most were just written down thoughts we were having at the time. We got to where we ended each letter with a question----any question----and the other had to answer then. Was fun coming up with them, and it was incredible how many times the letters crossed with the same question. I saved every letter I ever got from him. I did not know until the day we moved him here from Denver, he saved his too. We still have them.

When you write, whether it is email, or in letters, you learn about the person, their hopes, dreams, beliefs, and desires. When you talk on the phone, you learn about the person.

When a couple is together in the early stages of dating---you can go to a movie---but it really pisses people off if you sit there and TALK! And you can go to a club where you have to yell to TALK! And if you are not careful you end up in bed before you have much time to really TALK about anything! And there sets a pattern.

I am not in any way saying you are hopping into bed with the guys you are dating. I am honestly speaking from my own life---it was way too easy as an adult to get into a relationship that was not what I wanted, but was instead just what I had gotten myself into, because it just seemed the natural order of things in the dating world. If that makes any sense.

In order to change something.....you have to change something. Maybe it is time to look into a little different way of learning about yourself by learning about someone else in a new way.

I say all this with nothing more than a desire to see you find someone who will make you truly happy....and the first someone you have to find to accomplish that is yourself!

Each day you make it through this break with Kev, is a day further away from the sickness he brings into your life. While it may not be his fault, it is not yours either, and to keep dealing with his highs and lows is punishing you and your kids unjustly. Mark a big X on the calendar, and know while it might not have been a great day, it is one you are further away.

Hang in there Jenn, and take some time to find happiness in some way. It really IS worth the effort!

YOU are worth the effort!

I know I really need to get back to the gym, school started this week plus working midnights, I gotta get used to the lack of sleep lol. Looks like everyones doing good.

morning gals

Kat - you are right and I have been working on all that. I actually met someone online in FL. It was on a weight loss support group. We are just friends, and pretty much what you are describing.

Well, Kev finally cut me lose, so he will no longer come in and out of my life like he has been. I have been begging him to do that for months and he wouldn't so as hard as it all was, I can move on with a clear head.

As far as Alexandra, she is good, she hates Kev, but is happy, loves her friends, and school and is willing to relocate when she is out. which is good, gives me time to make a plan and get the job thing undercontrol

I have been awake since 1am, I'm exhausted and emotionally drained.

Anyway

Today is Thursday!!!! My weigh in for toay is 184.5

Off to make Breakfast for the kids

Tracy, if you don’t mind my asking – what do you mean “I’ve lost it before”? Was that before the band or just the gain since banding? I’m just curious.

I do not mind you asking. I am pretty much the poster child of what NOT to do. After being banded I went from 257 to 173. Then I quit smoking (which is a good thing) but have gained alot of it back. Right now I am at 233.5. When i see the numbers in writing it hurts...but it is reality. Between stress and no cigarettes I have really sabatoged myself. I feel like a cutter but instead of using a knife, I use food to hurt myself to make me feel better.:) I know what I need to do and I need to do it now otherwise I am going to be right back where I started. I am completely unfilled right now because I have been so stressed out the past few months that my band was swollen and all I that i ate was ice cream (no lie) and lots of it. So I made the decision to go get an unfill until things calm down in my life. I am looking to getting a fill around the beginning of next month. So, that is about it :smile:

Tracy, I know you have heard this, but I dont' belong here.... I know this in my heart. or I need to find someone else with southern roots.

Just try to focus on making a plan to get to the south! If you consume yourself in it, make a timeline, you will be working towards your goals! Maybe take your mind off things, right?! (((hugs))) Love ya sista!

I know I really need to get back to the gym, school started this week plus working midnights, I gotta get used to the lack of sleep lol. Looks like everyones doing good.

What happened at work? Hopefully justice!

Well, Kev finally cut me lose, so he will no longer come in and out of my life like he has been. I have been begging him to do that for months and he wouldn't so as hard as it all was, I can move on with a clear head. it is sure about time!

Anyway

Today is Thursday!!!! My weigh in for toay is 184.5

Restart me at 233.5 please (today is my new beginning)

It is October ladies...a new month of great healthy choices. We can do this!! (I am psyching myself out)

It's October and time to get back on track.

A new month and a new start.

Raining here this morning and just a little on the cool side. Perfect Fall morning. Me and my hot chocolate sitting here listening to rain hit the pool cover.

Today is our Family breakfast, so hubby and I will head out soon. Right after I take the nephew to work.

Last night at the hospital we were swamped. I stood the whole time doing sterilization for the OR. I really like to do that. It's fun but hot work. Had to run down to the Birthing center several times but I never got to see any babies. In ICU there was this girl sitting on the side of the bed and she had to have been somewhere around 600-650 pounds. I wanted so bad to go in and talk to her. Poor thing.

Jenn, good news about Kev. It's about time he got around to doing that. AS soon as I can get my nephew out of here, I'll have another bedroom opened up and you can have it. We aren't really south but we are south of you. lol. How do you feel about being a "Mid-Westerner"?

Have a good day and Good Luck on the October Challenge.

Thanks Tracy and Suzanne

and Yes Suzanne, it hurts and it felt like a huge slap in the face but, he cut me free, so now he cannot come back in and make me feel guilty for trying to move on.

He told me to go find the love of my life.... well, sad as it is, he is the love of my life, but there will be someone out there who will be better, only because I will be treated the way I should be.

Anyway... back from my walk, going to drink my Water and have breakfast and go shopping.