Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

new ticker, new month, new outlook, new attitude, new resolve :)

Let me know if you need a kick in the butt.... that is the one thing I seem to be doing ok with lately.:smile:

Jennifur, wow… I haven’t been around but for a few days now and don’t know all the in’s and out’s of your situation, but it sounds like Kat has given you some really great advice (as always she does!). I really hope that you can move on from here. It sounds like “Kev” moving on was the best thing for you.

It’s like a band-aid. After we have used it for what we get out of it, we still keep it there for longer than necessary. Both because we like the comfort of having it there “just in case” and also because we know it’s gonna sting when we take it off. Sure it does sting but only for awhile.

Also, the love of your life is yet to be found. The love of your life is going to be someone you can rely on as much as he relies on you. Someone you have (nearly) perfect compatibility with. Someone you can trust 110%, will forever have your back. Someone you never have to EVER guess if he’s the right one. Trust me.

(((Hugs))) to you.

Tracy, you know what? That is exactly what I experienced too. When my band became way too tight from both too many fills and too much stress I ended up eating sugary sliders. Yes, it doesn’t hurt going down, but it hurts us in much more ways. It gets addicting too!

Happily I can say it’s been 2 whole days without sugar! Yay me! Lol but really, every day is a major struggle for me. It’s so easy to say I need to do it, but it’s so hard to actually do it! I was doing great for the last few months but the last few weeks have found me struggling again. I got sick, stopped tracking and then my band found itself tightening up on me again. *sigh* Oh well, I’ve scheduled another small unfill for the 9th. I hope I can get my numbers down a little more before seeing my surgeon though! I’m still 10 down from the last visit, but it could have been 15!

*cry*

Ok, lady – pity parties over! Let’s get to rollin!

Olivia, so what’s the scoop with the work situation?

Suzie, wow! 600 Lbs little girl? WOW!! That makes me so sad!! Sometimes I wish I could just go spend all my time working with obese people. But first things first, I have to complete the “me” project first.

PS, you are awesome! How lovely of you to offer your room up to Jen. You’re a real keeper!

So, everyone… do we put up a new goal once a month here? What’s the deal?? J

Oh my goodness and one more thing! Thanks tchr! You’re such an awesome lady!

Tracy, you know what? That is exactly what I experienced too. When my band became way too tight from both too many fills and too much stress I ended up eating sugary sliders. Yes, it doesn’t hurt going down, but it hurts us in much more ways. It gets addicting too! Tell me about it! It is really easy to get depressed over what I have done to myself but I promise for today I will do a good job and try not to dwell on it.

Happily I can say it’s been 2 whole days without sugar! Yay me! That is GREAT!! Lol but really, every day is a major struggle for me. It’s so easy to say I need to do it, but it’s so hard to actually do it! It is a struggle here too. Lets struggle together, shall we? lol

I was doing great for the last few months but the last few weeks have found me struggling again. I got sick, stopped tracking and then my band found itself tightening up on me again. *sigh* Oh well, I’ve scheduled another small unfill for the 9th. Since I am completely unfilled right now I am treating this october challenge like a pre-op diet, lolI hope I can get my numbers down a little more before seeing my surgeon though! I’m still 10 down from the last visit, but it could have been 15!

*cry* I feel your pain!:smile:

Ok, lady – pity parties over! Let’s get to rollin! Amen sista :)

Olivia, so what’s the scoop with the work situation?

Suzie, wow! 600 Lbs little girl? WOW!! That makes me so sad!! Sometimes I wish I could just go spend all my time working with obese people. But first things first, I have to complete the “me” project first.

PS, you are awesome! How lovely of you to offer your room up to Jen. You’re a real keeper! Yes she is!!

So, everyone… do we put up a new goal once a month here? What’s the deal?? J

This is a fantastic idea! I was doing it myself anyway and would love the company!

Okay yeah, I’m all in! My weight loss goal for this month will be… hmmm… I’ll say 8 Lbs. That 2 Lbs per week which is the higher end of what’s expected of us…

Yikes! That’s quite a goal! I think I can do it though!!

Hubby and I just got home from a busy morning. We went to Breakfast with all the cousins and than we headed to the WW1 Memorial downtown. I had been there before with the kids from church but hubby had never seen it since they redid it. It's amazing and highly recommended. A must see when coming to this part of the country.

I'm all in for the challenge. Already started. Here it is day one and 8hrs into it and I'm still alive. It hasn't killed me yet.

I'm leaving for work here in a few, than I have a meeting at 7pm to go to. So it will be late before I check in again.

Have a good one.

Hey y'all!

Got on last night and had multi-posted to my heart's content and then the site stopped loading for me! UGH!

Sorry but not gonna go back and try again!

How are all of our sickies? Everybody getting better finally? I sure hope so! It's so hard when those around us are so sick.

Kat, did you end up sick? It sounded like you might have been coming down with Rick's nasty stuff. I sure hope not!

Challenge, I'm in. Start me at 174.9. I WI here at home on Fridays so I'll post what the new number is then. I'm hoping/praying for 170 by the 31st! I am SUCH a slow loser! But at least I'm a LOSER!! LOL!! :)

Jenn, it sounds like you're having a rough time right now. I hope it gets better soon.

I know I'm missing stuff. I'm sorry!

I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Everyone :)

I needed to renew my asthma meds and the doctor whom I will see on Columbus Day said ..... make sure when laura calls to get her Flu shot... I do not know if we will have any by the time she comes and she neeEds it

So... I went to find a place that is giving it NOW.. since for me being hospilized for that asthma attack (see blog) ... had to have it done asap... the only one that was doing it now, was Walgreens... so for 24.99 I got mine and had my DH get his now.

The reason I ran was all of you are talking about the flu and being sick. So thanks for all of your honest posts :w00t:

I am due for my pnemonia shot in 2010, but on Columbus Day I will take it. I am the only one in the family and extended family that has taken it and I swear by it. Before taking the pnemonia shot and being thinner I always was getting antibiotic needed incidents...

I am not sitting pretty but am very concerned about the swine flu and hope that it will not effect me and my family :smile:

My stepdaughter comes home from high school today talking about how a girl that sits next to her in one of her classes has a brother in the hospital with the swine flu... :thumbup:

October 1st has been a good eating day :smile: One down 30 to go... lol BUT, one day at a time, right?

Irene- YAY, you are in on the challenge. It was originally a 10 lb challenge but what I think it is most is just keeping us all on track. I do not expect to lose 10 but I am gonna really put forth the effort and whatever the result is, as long as it is a negative, I will be happy :w00t:

Kat-I agree with Michelle, I hope you didnt catch anything from rick!

Laura-I am glad you got your flu shot! :unsure: I haven't gotten one...shame on me.

Jen-where are ya sista? Step away from the vodka...and if not, have some for me :w00t:

Suzanne-You will have to take me there when I come visit! Whenever that happens...someday :)

Cindy...are you feeling better?

Cari-what happened at work?

To anyone I might have missed...(((hugs)))

Have a great night ladies, gotta give dd a bath. :ohmy:

Tracy: I am feeling a little better everyday...I should, I am on day 8 of the antibiotics and did I mention I HATE prednisone?!:) This really messes up my October/Halloween Challenge.

I realized there are way too many movies that I want to see this weekend. I am currently trying to convince my teenagers they want to see the Toy Story movies in 3D with me. I think they may cave, if not, I will look like a major dork, but I will go solo. I LOVE TOY STORY!:smile:

Home from work and my meeting and I'm glad.

I'm gonna just relax the rest of the evening and keep my feet up. I'll have a long day tomorrow. Busy finishing putting things away for the winter.

See ya in the morning.

Quickly popping in to give my Friday WI. 219

Morning Girls.

I'm up early so it looks like I will be headed to the gym with the hubby. Ad I have to work later today. Oh boy.

I woke up in a pretty good frame of mind. Looks like I might be getting myself in this. It will make it easier to keep track of my food count if I am in this mentally. I have thought several times about making a Doc appointment to get something like Wellbutrin or Celexa. I'll wait a little while more and see how I do.

Temps are turning here. We will only be in the 60's today and real cold at night. Supposed to be very windy also here. That's when my poor bones can really feel it. I don't have all that insulation to help keep me warm. That's why I usually wear about 3 t-shirts at a time.

Where's Janie???? Jane, I haven't really had a cahnce to look at the calendar to let you know when I can meet you. I'm not sure about doing it right before Thanksgiving or right after. What do you think. Of course weather will play a part in this, but I would also like to see the mall all decorated. Maybe the weekend before Thanksgiving? I'll look at the calendar when I get into work tonight. Hope all is well with you and the parents.

Everyone have a great day.