Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I also put the link under my signature

Went to the grocery store and ended up buy some Protein turkey sliced meat, Bolthouse Simply chocolate Protein Drink, BBQ Soy nuts and some veggie hot dogs. Everything was real high in protein but not a lot of calories.

Came home and took doggie for a mile walk, Thanks Jenn. Thanks for keeping me motivated.

I haven't looked at the chart yet, but if it's ok I will have the Doctor document my weight loss when I go see him Oct. 26th. I'll post it later that day.

Sitting here relaxing for a few and that I have to get busy and finish up some outside stuff. We need to get all the pool gear stored in the garage and I need to do it cause hubby just thows it in there. I however stack and pile. I like parking my car in the garage.

Have a good one.

Forgive me father for I have sinned...omg, food choice wise..yesterday was a bad day for me. Today is a new day and I am recommitted.

Good morning everyone! :seeya:

Fire fighters are near and dear to my heart. My dad was a fire fighter. He passed away 10 years ago from a brain tumor. I miss him so much. Fire fighters and policemen are such brave people. (for the most part)

Jen-thanks for making the spreadsheet! I will weigh in on Fridays too and let you know my progress :lol:

Cindy-how are you feeling? Better I hope?!

Suzanne-I'll bet it is a sad time putting away all the sumer fun stuff! This summer did not seem as long (or as hot) as it normally is. Dont get me wrong, it got in the hundreds a few days but it normally is still a scorcher around here!

Today I am sucking at personals, so if I missed you I am sorry!

I am still feeling a little nauseated after lowering my med to half. I guess I will call the dr tomorrow. The kids are out of school tomorrow for a teachers workday...fun fun. :blushing:

My 6 year old daughter (macy) woke up this morning with a low grade temp and complaining that her whole body hurt. I gave her some advil and her temp has gone down but I am SO paranoid that she is getting the flu :blink:

Have a great day..I will check in later.

Went to the grocery store and ended up buy some Protein turkey sliced meat, Bolthouse Simply chocolate Protein drink, BBQ Soy nuts and some veggie hot dogs. Everything was real high in protein but not a lot of calories.

You know what I found, that boiled ham or imported ham (same thing) sliced kind of thin 4-5 slices is 60 cals and good protein, I add to 1 egg and 1 slice 2% cheese for Breakfast every day, 275 cals and 25g protein. so sliced ham is good to munch on and boiled is not dry so doesn't usually get stuck:thumbup::blushing:

Came home and took doggie for a mile walk, Thanks Jenn. Thanks for keeping me motivated.

I haven't looked at the chart yet, but if it's ok I will have the Doctor document my weight loss when I go see him Oct. 26th. I'll post it later that day.

I'm glad I can help, I just had a 2nd cup of coffee which was just what i needed. While I'm screwing around I just made a workout schedule. S-TU-TH going for weights and M-W-F doing Water aerobics. When Football is over I will be going to aqua bootcamp on Sat and taking Fri off. I can't wait for that one!

As for the chart, I know you didn't want to post your weight, so I just put you down as 10lbs and I hope like me, that if you know you have to report to on 10/26 you will do so good the next few weeks you will be able to report 10lb loss :seeya:

Sitting here relaxing for a few and that I have to get busy and finish up some outside stuff. We need to get all the pool gear stored in the garage and I need to do it cause hubby just thows it in there. I however stack and pile. I like parking my car in the garage.

Have a good one.

Suzanne, you know what else I have heard and thought was crazy, you should drink 1/2 your weight in water. I was thinking... OMG that is a lot, but you know what, the days I drink the extra water, I find I am not retaining, it is just enough extra to flush me..

Are you getting enough water in?

I use my six flaggs cup, it actually holds 1 qt of water so I try to do 2 of them and a random glass or 2.

Ok I'm really off now, going to shower, go to Kmart to get a few things, and then go to Dicks to get a bathing suit since I don't have one that fits that I can wear to water aerobics. Going to pack a gym bag for water aerobics and have a bag packed with old huge sweats and a t shirt and extra sneakers so if i am out and have time to stop, I don't have an excuse:tt2:

Tracy

Hi - so you are as crazy as I am

Alex is sick to... she had body aches after she got the flu shot so I think a reaction, but I think this is just a yucky cold! Take Macy to the Dr. tomorrow, The swine scares me so much with everyone, but kids are getting hit hard!

Ok here i go

xoxoxo to all

Tracy I hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

The regular flu is also going around her school...If she is still running fever tonight I am gonna bring her to the dr tomorrow~

The regular flu is also going around her school...If she is still running fever tonight I am gonna bring her to the dr tomorrow~

Tracy try to bring her as soon as you can in the morning. If it is the flu, the sooner she can start tamiflu the better. My fever stopped after 3 days. I feel much better now, except that everything has settled in my chest and isn't moving. I am taking mucinex to try to break it up, but nothing so far. This is what my dr was afraid of. My lungs as so weak from 35 years of asthma. :seeya:

HOLY COW, half my weight in Water. I think what you probably meant was half your weight in ounces. So if you weigh 200lbs, you should drink 100 ounces. I shoot for that amount anyway. I have a water bottle that I keep filling up all day. I count how many time I have filled it. Easier to do it that way. I still have to be careful about over doing it. Kidney Doctor is happy with the kidneys right now.

I just put a roast in the crock pot. I'll add veggies before I leave for my meeting. House is going to smell wonderful by the time I get home.

All the poor little sick kids. Nothing worse than having them not feel good and you can't do anything for them.

Speaking of poor little sick kids. A lady that comes in at work is the Chapter Leader of the local Linus Project. They make blankets for sick kids. Quilts and afghans. She brought in some kits that she put together to make quilt tops. They will finish the quilts. So I picked one out. I'll start on it sometime this week. Thought it might be good for me. Keep my hands and mind busy. I'm looking forward to it. I'll post a pic when I have it done.

Thanks Jenn. I like the chart you made. And it looks like we got a good group going there. Love it.

Hey girls~

Thanks for welcoming Michelle, she will be a great addition, she has turned into a good friend here on LBT!

Rick is down with the flu too. He began feeling bad while we were out cutting wood, and actually quit before normal, and within minutes of being home, be began vomitting, and he could not swallow his own saliva without it coming back up. About 9 last night, it settled down, and he has kept liquids down, but he is still feverish, and sleeping.< /strong>

I am so freaking paranoid of getting what he has, I cannot imagine my band surviving the heaving he was dealing with. Dry heaves, and lap band does not seem like a good mix.

Let me tell you how sick my husband is......when we back the truck up to unload the wood, he moves his chopper out of the shed, and onto the front sidewalk to give us more move around room. He moved it out, backed the truck in and was in the bathroom, and has been down for the count ever since. Not only did he let me do the unloading--I had the kids for help--but his chopper is STILL on the sidewalk! Seriously----his baby spent the night outside! And remains there still! He IS sick!

I am heading to the grocery store, I figure his parents will be stopping by any time, and I do not want to be gone then! I already fail in so many ways at being a good wife for him, heaven forbid I leave him alone when he is sick!!

OK, they are not really mean to me, but she is SOOOOO judgemental, and she WOULD without a doubt he put out if I were gone! LOL

See y'all later....will likely spend the day here waiting for my Sunday shows premiers tonight----yay!!!!

My poor babygirl :blushing: I spoke with her dr today and she said to bring her in the office first thing in the morning. She said bring her to the ER only if she gets REALLY bad because she does not want to expose her to anything else.

She said they only give Tamiflu if they really need to because of the side effects?! Anyway...her fever hasnt gone over 101 and I have tylenol and ibuprofen in her system. Giving her mucinex for her cough too. Popsicles help :seeya:

Kat-poor rick! omg..I will say a prayer for him. Stay away from him (easier said than done) and use LYSOL!!!

Gotta run...gonna go put macy in the tub...help keep that temp low.

Have a great night ladies! Pray for Macy.

Kat and Tracy I am sorry your family is sick. Tracy, I can imagine not giving it to your child if there are side effects. Luckily I haven't experienced any. Kat, if he has the H1N1 and you get it, you may not experience the vomiting. Luckily, I haven't.

Big hugs fr all our little sick ones. Hope they get to feeling better soon.

Long day and weekend here. Super busy. Today I went to the support group meeting and had a great time. They wanted us to bring healthy snack, so I brought some BBQ Soynuts, Veggie hot dogs and some other stuff. One of the other girls brought black bean burgers. I tried about a quarter of one and if you use some catsup, it's not so bad. But the veggie hot dogs were horrible. I mean really really bad. Everyone was spitting them out. I took one bite and almost gagged. Don't try them. I mean horrible.

There were several Desserts there that were really good and healthy. As soon as they e-mail the recipes to me I will send it to you guys. One had apples, caramel and yogurt and whipped cream. Oh it is was wonderful.

Came home and finished cleaning pool stuff. We will pack it all away tomorrow after it all dried. I finished putting some other stuff away and even did a little landscaping with some big rocks that my sister got for me. Now just kicking back and relaxing. Doing a little laundry and watching Ghost Whisperer. Tomorrow it's back to work and a full schedule this week.

Kat, Boy Rick is sick. Not to have put the bike away, WOW. Take good care of him and of yourself.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Ladies idk what to do. As I said before about work and got a flat tire. Well tonight was my first night back and I had to come in at 7p for a call in. So I went up to my one coworker that worked the night I didn't come in and told me" I'm not one to throw punches but I wanted to punch you in the face" wth is wrong with people, stuff happens its life. I need a new job