Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

I am scheduled on the 10th. Started the pre op diet and so far not too bad! I have a bit of a headache, but I am sure that will go away.

I am scheduled on the 10th. Started the pre op diet and so far not too bad! I have a bit of a headache, but I am sure that will go away.

I have mine on the 10th as well! we're bandmates :scared2:

Good luck with your pre-op diet.. hang in there. It's tough for me but got hang of it after few days. what kind of pre-op diet are you on?

Mainly liquids...so far I've done Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar added), Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello, boullion, low fat cream soups...I need to buy some sugar free yogurt. I was a diet coke addict, but so far I've done ok without it! How about you? What diet are you on?

I Just hung up with Dayone and my surgery is scheduled for 11/16/09 2 weeks from today. I start my liquid diet tomorrow! It's been a long six months and I lost 30lbs during my diet already....150 to go!:) Happy Happy Happy This liquid might be tough but I work from home and won't have to deal with the outside temptations and if I get weak I can just lie down! I love this website it will be great for this journey!

fmrogers

That is the best thing about working from home...napping during the day! Yes, the first 3 days are very rough so I tried to take it very easy. To avoid the temptations I just go for a walk or sleep.

Congratulations!

Hey November Knockouts!

Just wanted to send a note to all those being banded / blessed this week! I'm thinking of you all and wish you all the most success and healing!

Keep up the great work!!! :)

Just got my official word this morning, my surgery is next Tuesday the 10th. OMG that is like a week away! I could not be more excited than I am right now! Thanks for all the support and good luck to all the November bandsters!!

Brit

10 days before my liquid preop diet i'm trying hard not to over do it but it's sooooooo tempting. Anyone ever sat down at a restaurant and ate more than they should have. All my friends were egging me on and I feel pretty guilty right now.

i totally had a case of "last supper-itis" last week. today is my first day of liquid pre-op. so far so good.

i am having my surgery with dr. bass, btw.

Down to 36 hours. St. Joe's called today and my surgery is set for 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Thought all was well until I got a call from my GP saying they want me to take an exercise cardiac stress test before giving me the all-clear. What?! Fortunately the hospital was able to get me in at 1:00 p.m. tomorrow and I know I'll pass it just fine. I work out on the treadmill all the time while wearing my heart monitor, so I'm confident I can pass this - but I really didn't need the hassle so close to my surgery. But then again, when I pass this test, I know I'll be all set.

Good luck to everyone getting banded this week. I. Can't. Wait.

Janet

"I'm With the Band"

I know a couble of our friends were banded today. My thought are with them. Can't wait to hear how it went.:)

I just bought the Montel Williams food emulsifier any one else? You can cream and make vegetable Soups that come out hot right from the blender. I thought this would be good to use post op for full liquid and mushy stages. And later to get more vegetables in. Should we not make fruit smoothies I keep hearing no homemade smoothies.

My nutritionist said the same thing about smoothies. She said I should avoid them. But I explained to her that the smoothies I make are all fruits and vegetables and Water or almond milk and sometimes I add non fat yogurt (I don't add sugar). She still seemed to be against it. I didnt get it. Veggies and fruits are good for you right? LOL! But then she explained that it wouldn't keep me full like solid food will. But I also don't understand why its not okay for the puree or mushy stage. Okay...I'm confused too.

My nutritionist said the same thing about smoothies. She said I should avoid them. But I explained to her that the smoothies I make are all fruits and vegetables and Water or almond milk and sometimes I add non fat yogurt (I don't add sugar). She still seemed to be against it. I didnt get it. Veggies and fruits are good for you right? LOL! But then she explained that it wouldn't keep me full like solid food will. But I also don't understand why its not okay for the puree or mushy stage. Okay...I'm confused too.

I heard its because those things require your stomach to digest and that's not good while your healing.

I know we're not supposed to have seeds and skin, so maybe that's why no fruit smoothies? Then after the liquid stage we're better off with solids b/c they keep you full longer.

I like the November Knockouts!

Although the November Moist Turkeys made me LOL!!

I know how you feel, Stacey4870. I'm sure this is the right thing for me for all the health reasons you mentioned but there are times when I question myself and decide it's just pre-op jitters. We will all do fine and be there to support each other. Good luck to all my sister & brother November bandsters.:)

Edited by myqueen80

Ok, I've started by pre-op diet yesterday had a headache most of the eve. Protein Shake was better than I thought it was going to be. Day two has been interrupted. Found out they moved my colonoscopy(sp) to tomorrow so only Clear Liquids today. That ought to bring on the headache. I'm getting very very anxious about post banding life. I am trying to ignore it but had first cry last night. Anyone else getting or got that nervous? banding date the 19th.