Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

Dear November Knockouts:

I am writing from my hospital bed. Ah, the wonders of a Netbook and wireless internet. I had my surgery at 8:30 this morning and all went great.

Thanks for checking in! I am so anxious for Monday to get here for me. Happy Healing!

I swear all this pre surgery testing is driving me crazy. Got my testing done on 11/3 then I get a call that one of my tubes of blood was "left-out" too long. So then, I have to go on 11/4 to get more blood drawn. Then I get call from my Dr. saying that my Protein levels were really high. Uh duh...I'm on a friggin liquid diet and drinking Protein Shakes all darn day. I guess my protein levels would be high right? So he thinks there was some type of mistake at the lab so I have to go AGAIN tomorrow and get blood drawn!!!!! All these so-called lab mistakes are making me nervous. So my medical clearance was supposed to be in by 11/6 so I can have surgery on the 10th. And the coordinator was doing me a favor because it really should have been in earlier. So my doctor won't have the test results of this test until Monday. The day before friggin' surgery. So I'm on pins and needles!! I swear it would be really ironic if the protein shakes that I was INSTRUCTED to drink for pre op cause me not to get surgery. I'm freaking out!!!

Wow! So sorry to hear you are having so much trouble like it isn't stressful enough just waiting to have the surgery and being on the pre-op diet! :thumbup: But now take a deep breath and think positive. I had similar issues, not with me but doc and insurance getting there act together. I will all be praying that it all goes well and the 10th will still be your big day. Happy thoughts and wishes.

Cindy band day the 16th

Melloways High blood Protein can be a warning sign of chronic inflammation or infection. High blood protein levels have also been linked to certain bone marrow diseases, they dont have anything to do with how much protein you are eating or drinking unfortunately. You should ask the doctor to run a "total protein test" the next time they draw your blood to be safe. I do think this is one of thoes things that can be a false positive (I think) so good that you are doing it again to play it safe.

(Mayo clinic has great info you should check it out at High blood protein - MayoClinic.com)

Hi all, I'm new here, this is my first post. But I have been lurking on the site for a while :-) I started considering it since April and after reading everyones great posts here. I have decided to go for it. I'm scheduled for next Monday the 9th.

Being diagnosed with PCOS for 16 years and numerous years of fertility treatments, I'm blessed with a 3 year old daughter and would love to have more. I believe this is my only hope, from everything I have read and what my Dr said my PCOS could go away. That would be so wonderful !

Hi Charmedforsure, WELCOME! I have a 4 year old! Isnt it a blast being a Mom?! I am hoping my band/weight loss will help me keep up with him!!

I too am a November 2009 Bandster, reporting in from the Chicago area. Just finished two days of post op Clear Liquids and am moving onto 3 TBS of pureed foods (only certain ones!) for meals tomorrow.

For those of you who are about to have surgery.....WALK!! I cannot tell you how much of a difference walking and walking and walking after surgery made.

A close friend was banded in June and she went right to bed with horrific gas pains from the air they fill your belly with. Walk it off! You will feel much better the first night. I started walking shortly after arriving in my room from recovery --- once I was coherent enough to put on foot in front of the other.

It makes ALL the difference in the world. :thumbup:

Hi all, I'm new here, this is my first post. But I have been lurking on the site for a while :-) I started considering it since April and after reading everyones great posts here. I have decided to go for it. I'm scheduled for next Monday the 9th.

Being diagnosed with PCOS for 16 years and numerous years of fertility treatments, I'm blessed with a 3 year old daughter and would love to have more. I believe this is my only hope, from everything I have read and what my Dr said my PCOS could go away. That would be so wonderful !

welcome. i also have suffered from PCOS for about 10 years. i got pregnant with my duaghter 5 years ago on Actos. it is kind of a well kept secret.

i have also been gluten-free for about a year and that has really helped with the pain. 10 years ago i would sit at my desk and just clench it and cry the pain was so bad. i could barely function. now i forget i have it.

good luck!

I too am a November 2009 Bandster, reporting in from the Chicago area. Just finished two days of post op clear liquids and am moving onto 3 TBS of pureed foods (only certain ones!) for meals tomorrow.

For those of you who are about to have surgery.....WALK!! I cannot tell you how much of a difference walking and walking and walking after surgery made.

A close friend was banded in June and she went right to bed with horrific gas pains from the air they fill your belly with. Walk it off! You will feel much better the first night. I started walking shortly after arriving in my room from recovery --- once I was coherent enough to put on foot in front of the other.

It makes ALL the difference in the world. :thumbup:

thank you so much for the real-time report.

12 DAYS FROM NOW I will be in the recovery room...probably begging for a Big Mac! :thumbup: kidding! I am soooo excited!

SO, November Knockouts, how is everybody doing??!

Edited by counselor-is-in

There seems to be a lot of us being banded on the 20th! Woo hoo! Bandmates!

Congrats to those who have been banded, so far, this week!

Hey there Knockouts! I saw on another User Group post that someone had created a spreadsheet for their "month" and all the LPTers getting banded. I am attempting to do the same, to share with everyone. If you want to be included, please reply to this post with the following: (I've used my info)

LBT Name: counselor - is - in

Height: 5'5

Surgery date: Nov 18

Starting Weight: 293.6 (before pre-op diet, etc)

Surgery Weight: (unknown right now)

Current Weight: 291.0

Once I get it all figured out, Ill post for everyone (Knockouts) to look check. We can update it monthly.

Melloways High blood Protein can be a warning sign of chronic inflammation or infection. High blood protein levels have also been linked to certain bone marrow diseases, they dont have anything to do with how much protein you are eating or drinking unfortunately. You should ask the doctor to run a "total protein test" the next time they draw your blood to be safe. I do think this is one of thoes things that can be a false positive (I think) so good that you are doing it again to play it safe.

(Mayo clinic has great info you should check it out at High blood protein - MayoClinic.com)

I found the same thing online. And began to freak out even more. Now I am worried that something is seriously wrong with me. But I am grateful my Dr. Is thorough. Its sucks I have to go through this entire weekend waiting on the results of the test. If the test comes back fine on Mon. I can have surgery Tues. I had planned on spending my Monday relaxing and getting mentally ready for the big day. But I guess I will spend it anxiously awaiting phone calls. Hope all goes well.

Excellent idea, Counselor! :thumbup:

LBT Name: ccweeks

Height: 5'9

Surgery date: Nov 20

Starting Weight: 264

Surgery Weight: (unknown right now)

Current Weight: 257