Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

Well it looks like I will be joining you all in the November bandsters. I am looking at a Nov 16th surgery date. I have been lurking in the forums and wishing and dreaming for about 8 years. I am so excited and scared all at the same time. I am 6 ft tall and weigh 361 pounds at my first dr visit about 3 weeks ago. I so looking forward to feeling like I did 15 years ago. Good Luck you all This is the first month of the rest of our lives :sad:

welcome aboard!! :) much of luck to you and your journey!

Good Luck Joy! I too am getting banded this month, either on the 6th or 13th, depending who can watch my son. Am excited! Im getting the Realize band.:sad:

We all should think of one name and let's all vote for one!

I don't think it should be related to Thanksgiving please!!!! ;) be creative!:laugh:

well then i guess my suggestion won't work... i was going to suggest "The Moist November Turkeys" :lol: (you know... because we won't be able to swallow dry Proteins that well after we are banded...lol)

yeah, folks, get used to it....bad humor is my speciality.... :Yawn:

Hello everyone my name is Christina, I started my jouney this month. I have been thinking about getting banded fro awhile and decided to after my sister in law was about 5 months ago. I have my last two appointments the first week of November and two classes left. The clinic is saying that I will be banded at the end of November.

I can't believe I'm making this journey after so many years of being over weight. I'm scared that something is going to happen and I'm going to find out that I'm not heavy enough. I"m 220 and have been for the last 8 years. I have worked out watched what I eat and it never seems to change from the 220 range. I'm 5'5 3/4 inches tall.

I will know for sure when my surgery date is by November 18th. wish me luck.

Christina

well then i guess my suggestion won't work... i was going to suggest "The Moist November Turkeys" :laugh: (you know... because we won't be able to swallow dry Proteins that well after we are banded...lol)

yeah, folks, get used to it....bad humor is my speciality.... :Yawn:

LOL I do sarcastic humor :lol: I will join you

Hey everybody. Join the november 2009 social group. Whoever started it, thanks!

Hi everyone...It was difficult to find the blog but I subscribed to the blog and I was able to click on a link directly to the page from my email notice. I am going to save the link this time.

I just wanted to tell you all that I am doing a pre-liquid diet because the surgeon called for a serious fasting liquid 10 days before the surgery. So I am doing liquid and soft food by pureeing vegetable into Soups. So far I've lost 15 lbs (in 4 days). I am soooo shocked. Yes I am miserable. I even had a few appointments so I am force to face people in the "state of hunger". I've also been walking for 30 mins daily. I suffer from PMS (which is one of the things I want to alleviate) and I was this week so this was truly the hardest diet I've ever done.

I wanted to share a few ***CRAZY*** thoughts I had in the past few days:

1. What's wrong with vegetables....why can't I just eat LOTS of veges , why liquid!

2. I was happy and look now I am starving.

3. No wonder skinny people are so miserable.

4. Singing " I can't livvvvvve, if living is living is without youuuuu!" I was singing to food.< /p>

5. Less dishes; lots of cups and spoons.

6. If i am currently consuming 1100 calories of liquids a day man how much did I eat before? I am guessing about 3,300. I like very rich foods..

7. Uhh! (I said it like 60 times in 1 day)

8. I NEED LIQUID recipe...if you blend a banana is it liquid? If you blend a steak??? I hate mushy food.

9. I LOVE butternut squash--making a Soup for Thanksgiving...I can't eat NO ONE CAN EAT!

So yeah, I'm crazy but doing good tonight. On to my REAL liquid diet...

The Future Slender Novembers?

Doesn't really flow does it? LOL!

i love how you think!

I personally was thinking of the thanksgiving dinner, If I can't eat no one can eat LOLOLOL

I usually cook the Thanksgiving meal .... am I still required to cook this year???????? boy have they got another thing coming.... EVIL CHUCKLE COMING ON!

Just started cleaning out my kitchen. Which is easy since I live alone. I didn't waste much since I haven't gone shopping for a while. Was guilty of living off take out. But, I cleaned out the fridge completely and my cupboard. Its a shame that I'm already tired and need to take a break. Exactly why I need to get this weight off. Gonna clean my apartment from top to bottom this weekend and get rid of clutter. Emotionally, I need this. Day 6 of the pre op diet and still going strong!

Just started cleaning out my kitchen. Which is easy since I live alone. I didn't waste much since I haven't gone shopping for a while. Was guilty of living off take out. But, I cleaned out the fridge completely and my cupboard. Its a shame that I'm already tired and need to take a break. Exactly why I need to get this weight off. Gonna clean my apartment from top to bottom this weekend and get rid of clutter. Emotionally, I need this. Day 6 of the pre op diet and still going strong!

What a GREAT motivating idea:thumbup:, LOVE this idea! This especially is a great idea when on the pre-op diet, keep those hands busy so they aren't in the cookie jar

so to speak:tt2:

I will plan on doing the exact same thing Mello, and I think I will warn hubby now.

Thanks for the idea!

I personally was thinking of the thanksgiving dinner, If I can't eat no one can eat LOLOLOL

I usually cook the Thanksgiving meal .... am I still required to cook this year???????? boy have they got another thing coming.... EVIL CHUCKLE COMING ON!

my mom usually does thanksgiving at her house --- so fortunately i am safe there. although i am usually responsible for the sides and specific family ethnic stuff. i should be starting mushie foods right around then so i guess in my mind it makes the idea bearable.

i already warned mom that i may take off and do disney world thanksgiving just to avoid eating at a dinner table...

I'm scheduled for November 2nd! That's just 2 days away!!! I know the feeling of being excited once you actually get the date, time goes by pretty quickly though. For me I had some last minute doctor appointments and clearences to get. I happy I'm getting it done before the holidays set in! It doesn't bother me not to be able to have Thanksgiving dinner and luckily for me my family doesn't mind. They are getting Boston Market's dinner which they love anyway. Good luck to you! I hope your date is soon.

Nov. 4th baby! I'm soooo ready! Bring it ON!