Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction and a little bummed!!!

:tt2:Okay guys, I had surgery on 7-7 and weighed in at 232...no pre-op diet for me. One month later and I was down 25 lbs mostly because I followed the rules to the letter and I wasn't hungry much at all. which is why I was able to follow along so well...lol. Weight loss stalled at 207 when I went to solid foods and then I finally got a fill at 6 weeks but alas no restriction and I'm still hovering at 207. I don't have another fill for 5 weeks and this sucks!!! I know some of you believe in "tough love" but if we were all so great at dieting and had so much so called will-power none of us would be here so I don't need a kick in the a** just some support. I know I will eventually feel restriction but right now this is just feeling like another diet which I am struggling with.

Hey Tracy!

I so feel your pain! I was also banded on 7/7, and I was almost exactly your weight. I was 233 when I started the pre-op. I think (not exactly sure) I was 223 at surgery, and I am at 205.5 now. My doctor won't do a fill until 9/18, so I REALLY have no restriction. The scales stopped completely for about 2 weeks, and they are now inching down, ever so slowly. I am losing a pound, maybe 2 per week. I know that's where we are supposed to be, but I am also doing it on sheer will-power. I am trying to stay focused on the positive, because people are actually noticing, which makes it real for me. It makes me want to continue. I am also focusing on the NSVs, like wearing clothes I couldn't wear before, and just feeling lighter. Hang in there. It's a crazy time, and I hate it also, but we will get there. Sweet spot, here we come! Looks like we are on the same path, anyway. Our weights are really close. Just keep walking and keep thinking positive thoughts!!!!:)

I'm experiencing the same thing, girls! My first fill should have been last Monday, but the doc was booked until today. Well, I got a message on Friday that he would be out of the office this afternoon, so I had to reschedule for Wednesday. I also have no real restriction. I am still losing about a pound a week, but it is sheer willpower as well. I know that sometimes I eat WAY more than I should. I COULD eat any amount I want, I suppose. I don't ever feel full anymore, and I'm usually not even satisfied. However, I keep telling myself that this will pass, and it will get better. I have read enough on her to know that is true. We can do it, girls! We just need to hang in there.

<---raises hand!! ME TOO!!

I was banded on 7/7 and for the first week and a half was dropping 2-3 pounds EACH DAY...and when I went for my 2week post op, i was down to 223...since then i've gone back up 11 pounds and now its coming down again, but I can DEFINATELY eat more than i 'should'. I get full faster and I can totally feel a difference, but I am excited for my fill, which is THIS THURSDAY:thumbup: Although the needle scares me a little, i know it's all worth it. I'm excited to feel more restriction and have more energy and see weight come off again!

Tracy, 5 weeks is a long time! Why don't you give your doc a call and see if you can get in even 2 weeks earlier? I know we're supposed to call if we're in that situation...

Sorry to say that I'm glad I'm not alone but hating that others are in the same boat too...

I'm afraid my doctor is super conservative and won't do a fill until you've waited 6 weeks. I'm still going to call tomorrow and see if I can get any sympathy and a little shorter wait time...worth a shot. At any rate, I've now officially gained back 3.5 lbs and I'm just sick about it. I knew it was going to be a long process when I began...with ups and downs but I never expected to be gaining at this stage of the game... definitely a real morale kick in the gut!!!

Hi everyone! I am so sorry you are going through this. Hang in there! I am trying to look at this time with our bands as 'practice'. Really taking small bites, chewing super good etc. Good luck everyone! We can do this! :)

I'm sorry you guys are going through this, but BOY does it help to know I'm not alone :thumbdown:.

I was banded 7/16 and don't get my first fill til 9/10. Unfortunately I have almost no restriction anymore. I'm making the right choices and trying to keep the portions small, but it's a struggle. So far I'm maintaining my weight but none is coming off right now :unsure:.

I'll be SO thankful when I get that first couple fills under my [soon to be shrinking again] belt! At least now I understand 'bandster hell'.

hi all

i gained 5 pounds when the swelling went down and my appetite came back hard. i have 4cc in a 14 cc band and im still not at a good restriction. i can eat smaller portions just not as small as i'd like them to be. im at 2 cups of food and i know i should be at 1 c. after reading these boards i know its normal so im trying to not let it get me down. hang in there and once the fills start the weight will start to come off. it took me two weeks after my first fill to lose some weight.

hang in there

I'm so glad I'm not alone either. i started at 236lbs on the day of surgery, never did I have to do a pre- liquid diet. just one day before, and 1 week after . I'm down to 219. 17 lbs lost I'm happy but want and expect more. I have no restriction any more either. I have to wait till 9/9/09 to get my first fill. I haven't made good choices lately, yesterday I had pizza, so good!!!:thumbup: for lunch but I didn't eat any dinner I was stuffed all day . I want instant lost, though I know thats not reality. I liked it when I was full all day after surgery. I can admit I have no wil power at all . I love this site , im addicted. I don't post often just read and look at pics. before and after and drool :w00t:. I was banded on 7/31/09 in Suwanee, Ga. I love my surgeon. I'm 33 years old. I have 2 teenagers (15) boys, one is mine and I got the other through marriage. I have a great hubby , who really didn't want me to have it but he supports me, He thought I look pretty before, well I didn't. I love that I have made this change, best thing ever. good luck ladies, we SHOULD be swim suit ready by this time next year....WE HOPE!!!!!:blushing:

I know it's hard, but don't be too down :blushing:. I was in the same boat. I was told to come back once a week for the first month, and for that month I didn't have a fill. I gained a couple of pounds back when I went onto solids and I was crushed. But, after a couple of fills, I started losing steadily (if sometimes slowly), and I've not regretted it. My understanding is that it's normal.

If your band isn't yet inflated very well, you're still going to be able to eat relatively normally. It's nothing wrong that you're doing. :w00t:

I was in your place for awhile. I was starting to gain back instead of lose. I just had my second fill and after he had me drink Water and see how quickly I felt it move through the band. It felt rather quickly so he asked if I wanted him to fill it again. I had him do it and now I have great restriction. I also saw a nutritionist this week. She really helped me figure out what I should be eating. She has a website that may be helpful to others. www.lap-band-surgery-site.com This helped me to get on track with making the right choices.

I have had little to no restriction myself, and I quit weighing myself about a month ago. I decided to rethink this whole thing, and I'm looking it as a LIFE LONG journey, so I'm okay with not having lost any weight since my surgery. I mean, it's two months compared with almost 20 years of being overweight, after all...

Instead, I've been focusing on how I FEEL about food, educating myself on better ways to prepare food, and what foods to eat, and letting my body heal from the surgery.

I can't tell you what a wonderful surprise it was when I realized I was no longer bloated from the surgery! I hadn't lost any weight, but all of a sudden I didn't feel like an inflated balloon about to burst. And that alone has kept me going this long. My body's changing, and adapting, and so is my mind, and it'll take time, but that's okay... :biggrin:

Ok i just posted a similar SOS on another thread (before i saw this)...i can tell i'm in the same boat as manyof you are....i had thought that wonderful loss would continue..but i found myself able to eat more and more and not being satified...

And now, I still am living on a very limited diet..and finding that struggle to lose..and even having gains that throw me for a loop...apparently its all a part of this huh?

I just felt frustrated having to wait 6 weeks for fill #2...so i just called my dr. office and asked if i coudl reschedule a week early. I didnt say any particular reason..and they did move me from 9/30 to 9/23.....so hopefully that 2nd fill will help.

Wouldnt you think tho that 5cc's in an 11cc band would cause SOME restriction? I dont really feel it!

Ok i just posted a similar SOS on another thread (before i saw this)...i can tell i'm in the same boat as manyof you are....i had thought that wonderful loss would continue..but i found myself able to eat more and more and not being satified...

And now, I still am living on a very limited diet..and finding that struggle to lose..and even having gains that throw me for a loop...apparently its all a part of this huh?

I just felt frustrated having to wait 6 weeks for fill #2...so i just called my dr. office and asked if i coudl reschedule a week early. I didnt say any particular reason..and they did move me from 9/30 to 9/23.....so hopefully that 2nd fill will help.

Wouldnt you think tho that 5cc's in an 11cc band would cause SOME restriction? I dont really feel it!

I have 6.5cc in a 14cc band and have no real restriction. I am certainly eating less than I did pre-op, but by no means where we are supposed to moderate out at when in the sweet spot. You are not alone! I go for another fill tomorrow. it's been a month since my first fill and I haven't lost a single pound since then :thumbup: Helloooooooooooooo Bandster Hell! :tt1:

I am in the same boat... I had my first fill Sept 9th and I can tell I need another fill NOW!!! lol My doc said I can have one every 2 weeks. So tomorrow I am calling to schedule my next one. Actually just 3 days after my fill I could tell I had no restriction.(after I went back to solid foods) I am glad I am down 22 lbs but most of it was right after surgery. I only lost 5 lbs before. Right after surgery I was losing like a lb a day. It was great but now the scale isn't moving. I forgot to ask how many cc's my doc filled me with and will def ask next time. I am just ready for restriction!!!!