Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction and a little bummed!!!

I was stuck for a couple weeks then I had my second fill and the weight started falling off. I saw the doctor yesterday and he was amazed that I had lost 8 pounds in three weeks. Since I am doing so well and feel like I have good restriction he didn't give me a fill. He told me by my next appt in three weeks I will probably want a fill. Apparently after a fill you may reach a point when you don't have as much restriction that is when you need another fill.

Oh my goodness so glad to see I'm not alone in this! I have the Realize band (9 cc capacity) and my first and only fill was 3ccs. I have no restriction at all. I called the drs office and must wait six weeks for my 2nd fill which is scheduled for 11/2. Its very frustrating as I'm going on just will power. We will do this!!!

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling and to be honest avoiding this forum because I was in "avoidance" mode. I was banded on July 6th and didn't get a fill until August 24. I have a 14cc band - and I now have had 4 fills. On Monday I was given .5mL and now am up to 7mL and am definately feeling restriction. I'm still on a liquid diet until tomorrow and then soft foods only.

I had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago with really bad chest tightness and pain radiating up my neck. It seemed to come on after eating and so initially I thought it was reflux but I've had bad reflux in the past and the pain wasn't the same. My family doctor thought it was likely paricarditis (swelling of sac around heart - caused by a virus)...who knows. The pain was relieved with lots of advil and losec to protect my stomach from the advil.

When I saw the surgeon on Monday she read me the riot act because I have been eating bread. Oh god...she ranted on and on about the fact that I should not have been eating bread. I dont' recall getting that message...I was told that it may be difficult to eat bread but the only thing I was told to absolutely avoid is carbonated drinks.

Anyway...long winded message but I realize I need to pay more attention to "working the band" and not just sit back idly with the hope that the band will magically melt away the pounds. My weight loss has stalled over the past month and I'm hoping that his latest fill will kick start the loss.

Cheers,

Mary

Well I get to go for my third fill next Thursday so maybe I'll get a little restriction then...would be soooo nice!!! At any rate, my weight is up and down by a pound but at least I'm not gaining back any weight. I proud of that! I am so close to onederland that I can almost taste it. I've reevaluated bandster hell and tried to chill out and let the process work. Hard to do when this was supposed to be "the answer" but so far it has been exactly what the doctor said just not what I predicted. I was going to do MUCH better than the average...lol. I'll check back in after my third fill and maybe I can post under the topic about being out of bandster hell....fingers crossed!!!

I have a rough month with the band. Five weeks ago I went for an appointment with my surgeon. I see him every three weeks. At that time I was done 8 lbs in three weeks so we agreed that I didn't need a fill at that time. A week later I felt like I was in bandster hell. I could eat anything and was really having a tough time with the will power. When I went back for my next appt two weeks ago I was only down three. He told me if I ever feel like I need a fill before my appt to come and see him. Well the same thing happened I felt like I didn't have enough restriction so I called and got an earlier appt. I saw him yester only two weeks later. As I thought I only lost 1 lb in those two weeks. I feel like I have good restriction now but I am on soft foods. I sure hope the weight loss kicks in again because I am getting super frustrated!!!