Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hi all, am new to the site.. I get banded on the 30th September and have just started the pre op diet today...

I am wondering how long it takes until you are up and about after surgery... :thumbup:

Hey, I lived in Gulfport, MS for five years. I loved New Orleans! It's one of the greatest cities in the US!! Keep me posted on how you're feeling.

Hey I grew up in Mobile, Alabama and also love New Orleans. Would live there if I could get hubby to live there. New Orleans is my favorite city.

Plus I miss Mardi Gras, Mobile or New Orleans.

I moved to Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina, my whole family lost our homes. I slept on the floor of a church for 2 1/2 months, it was a very humbling experience, my faith in God helped me through it. I have now come to like Mississippi but New Orleans will always be my home :thumbup:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can only start to imagine what that is like. Home is always home.

In 24 hours I will be "Banded Bendy" lol.

That's great. Good luck!

Hi all, am new to the site.. I get banded on the 30th September and have just started the pre op diet today...

I am wondering how long it takes until you are up and about after surgery... :thumbup:

I was up and about the same day. You just have to take it easy but you need to walk, walk, walk, for two reasons: you don't want a DVT and it helps the gas pains.

Hi everyone. I am getting banded on September 22. Can't wait; but, really scared. Good luck to all of you September bandsters.

Have a great day.

Hey there everyone,

I got banded yesterday, doing ok. Pain in my left shoulder and around the port. I talked to the doctor today, said I need to be up walking around outside so I'm trying that. Other than that a piece of cake :thumbup: I'm doing ok with the Clear Liquids. sugar free Jello and popsicles mostly for the dry mouth.

Anyways just wanted to check in. good luck to all of you on deck!

Please help me . My date left the September list. Could you help me get it back up. I do not know how to cut and paste. Sorry to be a pain :thumbup: My date is the 28th. Thanks:) I am on Day 3 of 13 days pre-op , the shakes are close to intolerable, however, it would take a whole more to defeat me. I can do this!

September Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Lula 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Bendy H (Brenda) 9/18/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Jenna1979 (Jennifer) 09/22/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

QMOM 9/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

Thanks, that was quick ! You are the BEST :thumbup:

I was up and about the same day. You just have to take it easy but you need to walk, walk, walk, for two reasons: you don't want a DVT and it helps the gas pains.

Amanda, you were one of first to get banded, I was just wondering, how is the swelling of your tummy? I look pregnant, are you still swollen? how long did it take to start getting back to normal belly?:thumbup:

Hi Dee, for me, I didn't notice any swelling! I hope your tummy goes down quickly. I would think the walking would take care of it...

Please help me . My date left the September list. Could you help me get it back up. I do not know how to cut and paste. Sorry to be a pain :thumbup: My date is the 28th. Thanks:) I am on Day 3 of 13 days pre-op , the shakes are close to intolerable, however, it would take a whole more to defeat me. I can do this!

Qmom, we have the same date~ high five to ya.