Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Amanda / Dee - I fixed the formatting on the spreadsheet is there anything else you think we should add. See already I find this interesting. Because we all talk about various things but I never can keep track of the percentage of the band filled or where we are in that regard... and is interesting how everyone is diff... like dee and I have same band but at 5 cc's she has no restriction.

Dee when is your next fill... You know as I think on it.. I was at 5.2 and not that much restriction that month I lost 2 lbs... THAT was why she upped me to 5.9 w/ a .7cc increase and that was way too much... so from 5.2 to 5.6 made a big difference (after I got some unfill)... and on my checkup I did not get any more fills. You would be surprised at how little will make a difference.

My next fill is wednesday, I will have to be happy with a small one, because thats all they do after first two fills. He only increases in small increments after that (with all his patients). I'm fine with that.

Thank you for the nice spreadsheet! I think I figured it out!

I'm doing fine after my first fill. I don't notice a difference. So far, hunger and cravings are not much of an issue. I feel that my success is mostly due to the daily plate, and keeping track of what I eat on-line. If I am hungry, I usually eat after checking the daily plate, and seeing what foods I can fit in with the day. Sometimes, all I need are two Fiber Choice tablets to satisfy!

My next fill is wednesday, I will have to be happy with a small one, because thats all they do after first two fills. He only increases in small increments after that (with all his patients). I'm fine with that.

Good luck on the next fill! I bet it will be the trick!

Thank you for the nice spreadsheet! I think I figured it out!

I'm doing fine after my first fill. I don't notice a difference. So far, hunger and cravings are not much of an issue. I feel that my success is mostly due to the daily plate, and keeping track of what I eat on-line. If I am hungry, I usually eat after checking the daily plate, and seeing what foods I can fit in with the day. Sometimes, all I need are two Fiber Choice tablets to satisfy!

Fiber choice tablets huh? Interesting never thought of that! Must try! No worries on the s/s - I didn't think I would be able to figure it out but it actually wasn't hard to set up. They have a bunch of these type of s/s going for the 'challenges'. I think they are great!!!

Amanda no foaming, slime or pbs then ur ok. I have another question because I wonder about this when I was too tight - I couldn't drink anything before sleeping it would come back up and badly (choking). Do you have to follow this rule? I don't know if that is because I was too tight or sufficiently restricted???

Many say not to eat or drink 3 hours before sleeping.

They have us on liquids 2 days but if its past 3 they generally say we should come in for an unfill. That last time I tried to hang on for two weeks but nope - needed that unfill. I think I am good now. I'm tight enough where if I eat Proteins I get full on about 4 oz... yesterday I forced some veggies in a couple hours later. I have been skippimg those.. I tried arugula that really fills you up in bites!

No Dr. Snow actually would like me to drink a little bit before bed just in case there is something still in my pouch. Who knows?

No Dr. Snow actually would like me to drink a little bit before bed just in case there is something still in my pouch. Who knows?

Amanda I'm not clear on that rule to be honest I know it applies to those who have acid reflux which I don't.... and it def applied if overfilled. I do drink and also take a small pill before sleeping. I just didn't know what was considered 'normal'.

As for me, I am unable to eat at least 3 hours before bed but drinking anything (unless it is a milk product) does not seem to bother me. Good Luck and God Bless!

Spreadsheet additions

These can add a bit much, but are what I am curious about-

BMI

Height

waist measurement

The waist measurement since one recommendation is to have a waist less than 35 inches. Less abdominal fat sounds good. I wonder how practical it is for WLS?

Height- which height do you go by? I thought of myself as 5'8", the bariatric center has me as 5'7". So I use 5'7", and now think of myself as 5'7.5"!

Sounds like everyone is starting to get back on track since the holidays are now behind us for a while. Great Job! I was holding at the same weight for a while. I can give a ton of excuses why, but no more for me! I am really focusing on my workout and it is paying off. I have lost 4 lbs this week! :biggrin:

I posted some photos of New Years Eve. Seeing those photos really put my weight loss into perspective. It's just amazing what this band has done for me! Here's to a successful week!

:blink:

Spreadsheet for Sexy Septembers!

Ok so I took a nap earlier and I figured out how to do the s/s sharing!

If you go on this link you can add yourself (so far you will only see me on it)... no need to save it saves itself.

I always thought it would be good to see who had what fills, band, how the progress is etc.

Let me know what you think

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aj22o1hxNKrIdEhYSkpIYWNaSjJ2QjN3T0VOY3o4a0E&hl=en

You're so brillian hmarko. Love the idea and I love that we can keep up with each other better. It also lets me see that I'm basically on point with the majority. I thought I was slipping. Great idea!

As for me, I am unable to eat at least 3 hours before bed but drinking anything (unless it is a milk product) does not seem to bother me. Good Luck and God Bless!

Lucky five - what happens if you closer to bed time?

Spreadsheet additions

These can add a bit much, but are what I am curious about-

BMI

Height

waist measurement

The waist measurement since one recommendation is to have a waist less than 35 inches. Less abdominal fat sounds good. I wonder how practical it is for WLS?

Height- which height do you go by? I thought of myself as 5'8", the bariatric center has me as 5'7". So I use 5'7", and now think of myself as 5'7.5"!

I've put them in for whoever wants to update that info. You can add things yourself you all can edit whatever you want I am not sophisticated enough to protect any of it :biggrin:

Sounds like everyone is starting to get back on track since the holidays are now behind us for a while. Great Job! I was holding at the same weight for a while. I can give a ton of excuses why, but no more for me! I am really focusing on my workout and it is paying off. I have lost 4 lbs this week! :biggrin:

I posted some photos of New Years Eve. Seeing those photos really put my weight loss into perspective. It's just amazing what this band has done for me! Here's to a successful week!

:blink:

I am so happy to see so many in the 170's... if I got there I would feel like I reached goal to be honest. The lowest I have been was 168 in 1995! But I do hope to get to 140 or at least 150. Right now I am 196 and I haven't been this weight since my brother's wedding that was 9 years ago! YAY! Love the band!

You're so brillian hmarko. Love the idea and I love that we can keep up with each other better. It also lets me see that I'm basically on point with the majority. I thought I was slipping. Great idea!

Why thank you Loveslady! Everyone loses at different paces. I am actually surprised I lost this quickly I wouldn't have expected it. The whole overfill fiasco in december definitely helped that though! I am at my sweetspot I think. YAY again!

Finally in Onderland! Any ideas for a Onderland tattoo?

Amanda I was googling Chinese type tatoos cuz I think the symbolism is cool so how about something along the lines of dragon for strength and will and then you get the yang piece of it (or yin piece of it- I forget which when u get to goal).... Google dragon and pheonix or fenghuang (i think that is like pheonix).

FYI I'm not a tatoo type person so maybe I'm way off :blink:

ok I hate to sound dumb...but what is onederland?