Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

banded 6/05. lost 30 pounds from pre-op till now. i had a major $$$ surgery for 30 pounds? i have given up. i gave up a long time ago. doctors office is overbooked and understaffed, gave up on them. i can and do eat the same amount as I always did, so am i suppose to be full with this cuz i sure have never felt it. wish i would have had the bypass instead, so tired of being fat but i'm beginning to believe i was truely meant to be this way if having major surgery doesn't even help me! started smoking again too. i'm gonna start the diet pills again too, at least they gave me a little energy, guess i'll give weight watchers a try again too, heck, i might as well kick myself while i'm down haha!

i feel no different than before surgery and yes i am filled. so does this just not work on some people???? of course i would be the one!:)

Hellllllllp! I am a slooooooow loser.I accept responsibility for sometimes making wrong choices,but for the most part I am trying to be a good bandster.I haven't had fill since 11/06.I find it impossible to eat or drink anything cold before the afternoon without the PB thingy. Before I could eat chicken, tuna etc without any problems,now I have problems eating meat unless it's boiled to shredds like in a soup.I don't eat red meat,but trying so hard to be a good bandster I tried to eat steak,ground beef(sloppy joe).Wellllll lets just say I had a meeting in the ladies room with a bucket while being on the throne.(sorry 4 tmi) I can eat veggies pretty good and my co-workers umm aren't happy about my lack of a gas shortage due to increase in beans(for the protein) and my side effects from Protein shakes.Does anyone else have issues eating meat?

I too have been very slow in losing. Finally I am back on the right track. I switched doctors, got a fill and am seeing a psychologist to help me deal with a lot of things. My husband and I went to Hawaii in February. Came home, he got sick. Found out he has lung cancer. Well, being an emotional eater, there was nothing better than chocolate chip Cookies to help me through all so far. NO MORE! I am done with that and getting back on track. Going back to Curves and walking each day. I will get there.

mnashow; How much are you filled and when was your last fill? Being filled does not mean you are filled to the right amount. If your doctor can't get you in, switch doctors. It wont work unless you keep up on the restriction, if you can still eat what you used to eat, the fill you have doesn't mean anything.

Hellllllllp! I am a slooooooow loser.I accept responsibility for sometimes making wrong choices,but for the most part I am trying to be a good bandster.I haven't had fill since 11/06.I find it impossible to eat or drink anything cold before the afternoon without the PB thingy. Before I could eat chicken, tuna etc without any problems,now I have problems eating meat unless it's boiled to shredds like in a soup.I don't eat red meat,but trying so hard to be a good bandster I tried to eat steak,ground beef(sloppy joe).Wellllll lets just say I had a meeting in the ladies room with a bucket while being on the throne.(sorry 4 tmi) I can eat veggies pretty good and my co-workers umm aren't happy about my lack of a gas shortage due to increase in beans(for the protein) and my side effects from Protein shakes.Does anyone else have issues eating meat?

I have a huge problem with meat unless it is in Soup or something like that. In fact I can not eat unless I stand up, that is such a uncomfortable way to eat and not to mention the fact resturants are definately not on the menu. I juice my veggies and do alot of soy and yogart in my Vita mix. That always helps with the fruits and I can actually sit down and drink them!!!!! Yeah for that....

I too make wrong choices but I refuse to get an unfill because I still get all the protein and Vitamins I need. All I really need to do is make my mind up that the lapband is just a very small tool and I have to do the rest. I went into this thinking the lapband would solve all my eating problems...NOT

I did a slimfast diet for 2 weeks before surgery....lost 10 pounds.

Banded on Feb 13, 2007.

2 fills since and I've lost only another 19 pounds.

I have my 3'rd fill tomorrow.

Considering I used to be able to eat a whole large pie myself and ate other supersize meals....I feel I have completely changed my

diet since banding. I eat more fruit, veggies, salad, Soup, multigrain

cereals and Protein Bars etc. Not at all the amount I used to eat.

I don't eat any baked goods, breads, or Pasta.

I just feel deprived sometimes from my old favorite foods and wish

the weight would come off faster so it would keep my spirits and

determination up.

I think I also thought this would be magic and just because I ate less (a lot less) :hungry: then I used to I would automatically lose weight no matter what. But it is like my dr. told me....the band is a tool...not the answer. No magic. I remember doing Weight Watchers and thinking I am losing some weight, but I still OVER EAT. ;) I just over eat on better foods. My problem has never been sugar which was one reason I chose the band instead of GB it has always been carbs (too many) and amount of food, This did help me limit the amount of food but it is easy to make the wrong choices since most of the wrong choices are quick and easy to get to and do go down better than the right choices. I have trouble with most meat but am just very careful chewing it. The worst thing for me is raw vegetables. Tomato skins and even leaf lettuce....I have found that "Shreds" (shredded lettuce) works best. I also need to excercise to lose. As I said I made it six months at the same weight without diet and excercise and normally I would have gained 15-20 lbs during that time. I ate pretty much what I wanted but just a lot less of it. Now I need to set my mind to a short goal...20 lbs this summer and then maintain during the winter...(sounds like a bear, huh?). I just hate exercizing on a treadmill all winter and even more driving to a place to do that. Maybe I will change by next winter? All I know is this site and all of you have inspired me to shoot for the short term goal and I hope none of you give up. It is worth it for yourself. I like that quote "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". I can't remember which one of you said you were ready to quit but I do hope you change your mind. You are not alone in this. Many people care and share your frustration. Why is it so hard to follow the rules? Because the end result is soooooo valuable! Funny, we usually encourage others because we see so much good in them and feel they are so worth the invested time...but we fail to be willing to invest that time and encouragement in ourself. Have a good day....One day at a time.....

I say get off the scale and on to the pavement or treadmill....for me I don't lose an inch unless I exercise for at least 45 mins a day.

I go to the gym 6 days a week and do weight training and between

45 and 60 min per day of cardio.

I know everytime I would get back to the treadclimber I would either over do or hurt myself....Dah! It seems like something would come up where I just could not fit it in the day then as you all know it is very hard to get back on the program once you stopped. I am going to start again and feel their are people who excercise and do mostly all the things your suppose to and still no luck. I am certainly no one to give advice in how to make this work because I think it definately depends on you and your body, life issues, health problems, age, etc.......

It seems that when I am on track and following ALL the rules I have to be good for 2 or 3 weeks to see 2 pounds lose, however I know that I slip a glass of wine on week ends and once every 2 weeks is ice cream, but I still work out 5 days a week and stay less than 1500 cal, the scale is going down but very very slowly, one year and 27 pounds....

I try really hard not to eat anything fattening. I have given up sweets completely. I know when I eat them, I just want more. Once I get started, it's hard to stop. I would rather just keep them out of my diet. If I have ice cream, then I crave it all the time.

I go to the movies all the time and felt deprived if I didn't have popcorn. Now I just take a crystal lite which is a treat for me, because normally the only thing I drink is Water.< /p>

crazycibertalk; If you stay below 1500 calories and don't feel you are losing fast enough, knock off another 100 or 200 calories from that. I don't lose unless I eat less than 1300 calories every single day. That's why I'm stuck right now, it's pretty hard... I'm not sure why there is such a difference between 1300 and 1500 calories...

Ok i am a month post op and I am not doing very well .. I have my first fill may 31 ,, I feel i can eat anything but i don't .. but i am hungry all the time and feel no restriction but i have about 3 oz of chicken ground up mashed potatoes protien drink ugh but that was my meal for yeterday I am eating so little my blood sugars r low .. I went to having 300 to 400 plus sugars with byetta and metforman to blood sugars as low as 62.. with no meds .. I don't get it why am i not losing??????? I am walking and u think I would see better results by now but I have not lost any more weight since the first week ... :youcandothis:

I feel like a failure already ..

anyone out there that can give me encourgement ?

Be well Lisa

Lisa,

You really need to be more patient with yourself. You are only a month out, you don't have any restriction, and your body is wondering what the hell just happened. Give it some time to adjust... stay off the scale and get out a tape measure... how doe your clothes feel?

Lisa, I don't know if I misunderstood what I read but I thought you sounded like you are only eating once a day. That slows my loss a lot. It also does nothing for energy levels. I eat five or six small meals and do okay IF I don't cheat and if I quit eating by 7 p.m. I just recently started to lose slowly again this past week after a six month plateau. I also changed my form of excercizing from walking to lawn mowing. Seems to help some. You are early in the game. Don't give up! I put on 20 lbs a year for five years consecutively so I try to keep in mind that if I even only lose 10 a year, I am still headed in the right direction. This is a great sight for encouragement.