Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Great idea!:clap2: Vinesqueen has such a positive attitude. We all need encouragement and comradship. I am chanting the LBTSL mantra at this very moment. Everyone, we can do this and this is not a race!

Thanks

Vickie (the ultra slow loser)

Banded July 2006

3.0 cc's total

34 pounds down and fluctuating up and down 2 pounds.

Hoping for a progressive 2007/2008 year.

280/246

I am trying to hit the 30 lb mark this week. Those few ounces are giving me grief!

I am trying to hit the 30 lb mark this week. Those few ounces are giving me grief!

You tell me!, I had been so close to the 30 pounds loss. Fluctuationg between 199 and 196, damit! I am waiting any time I will drop but it has been 2 weeks now.

Just got a fill Saturday and first she put 2.4 cc and it showed in the Fluoroscopy that the barium did not go thru so she took out .2cc and now I am at 2.2. I was at 2.0, but I do not feel much different.

I was already eating 1300 cal and excersicing. I have to watch over the week end, drink fewer glasses of wine and one 1 scoop of ice cream...

Lidia 4/20/06

225/198/150

<p>Hi folks! re qualifications 6 weeks since being banded and have lost between 12 and 15 pounds...surrounded by others losing 30-35 pounds in same time period. I AM trying very hard to not compare. But, here's a question are you counting calories?? I do most days and seem to hang between 800-1000. Every once in a while I have had a 1500 cal day. That's been a very hungry day. Had a fill lasat week and don't notice any difference in the hunger. Only had 1 cc. Thoughts?? jb</p>

6 weeks and 15 lbs is just fine. You can't compare what other people have lost. We really aren't supposed to lose more than 2 lbs a week. You are just barely banded. You'll lose more as you get more fill. 1 cc is hardly any fill at all. Most people do try to stay around 1200 calories. All people say they can't lose without exercise.

Hello again...yes exercise is key and may be the only aspect that I have paid attention to most of my life. I was able to return to Water aerobics a week after being banded, and floor aerobics about 3 weeks later. So my workouts continue, however, I have always done so, fat and thin, so only if I STOPPED working out I think my loss would be ever so much slower. HOWEVER, I am 70 and it is undoubtedly that cranky old metabolism paying attention to the calendar and not my wishes! Good luck to all of us. This board is just a sanity saver. I get sick of thinking about the loss so much of the time. IF that worked I would really be off the charts on weight loss. anniejo

Regarding ibuprophen I was on prescriptive strength doses of it before surgery for arthritis in my knees, hips and spine and had to stop it cold turkey. Once able, I have been able to take glucosamine twice a day with great results - of course, I had hoped greater weight loss by now would have meant better comfort by now but even the 30 or so pounds I have lost since surgery in November has helped!

Hang in there.

Terry

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this thread.

I had my surgery December 18, 2006 it's may 29 and I have lost 23 lbs (13 just from the liquid before the surgery) It's been 5 months!!! I am 19 years old, active and try so hard to eat right. I am devestated that I am losng so quickly. I feel like I am a failure and this was my last hope. It's so hard to be around all my skinny friends, and I live on an Island so everyone ALWAYS want to go to the beach.

Please off some support or some tips on what anyone is doing that has helped them.. I'm at the end of my rope and really upset over this. thanks

Welcome! Do you know how many cc's your band has and how much fill you have? Most people say that if they don't have the right fill, they can't lose. I am going in for my 3rd fill.

Another thing is you have to leave the carbs alone and eat mainly Protein, veggies and a little bit of fruit.< /p>

I am sure it's really hard for you being so young. I wish I had found the band years ago. My daughter is young and had gastric bypass and for the first time in her life, gets to experience life without being overweight.

Are you exercising? Some people say they exercise, but they aren't breaking a sweat.

Don't give up. We'll offer any help we can!

Hello everyone! I've posted here before but I've been away for awhile so I'm back. Life has been hectic and stressfull, but hopefully after next month things will calm down and I will be back to normal.

I have a question about fills. I have had 3 fills (3cc's each) and (supposidly) have 9cc in my VG band (which holds 10cc right?), and I honestly feel hardly any restriction. I can still pretty much eat normal amounts (still less then before, but more than I should) and I don't seem to have any food restrictions. I do get things stuck if I eat to fast, and I have pb'ed twice (in the entire year and 2 months I've been banded) My band is almost full how come I can still eat so much?! :)

I'm moving back to the states so I'm going to a fill center usa in st.pete, hopefully the doc there can make sure that I really DO have 9cc in my band, but is it possible for a band to be to big for the stomach? My surgen says he uses VG bands on everyone he bands, but maybe my actual stomach is smaller then the band it's self? Or am I just crazy and 1 more cc will make a difference?:phanvan

It's so hard to be around all my skinny friends, and I live on an Island so everyone ALWAYS want to go to the beach.

I can totally understand! I'm from Florida and all though high school it was beach and pool parties that I skipped because I didn't want to be seen in a swim suit. Even on my honeymoon cruise I didn't go in the pool or swim in the crystal clear waters on the beach.

Some of us are just destine to lose at a slower pace, but don't give up, there is a ton of support around here and we will make it though some how. :hug:

I'm moving back to the states so I'm going to a fill center usa in st.pete, hopefully the doc there can make sure that I really DO have 9cc in my band

She'll make sure; she's wonderful. I thought I had 2.5 in my band, but she took it all out and all I had was 1.2. I HIGHLY recommend doing it under fluoro. It's only $75 more.

I had a great experience with that office about a week ago.

Thanks for the support. When I say active, I don't just mean walking back and forth to class or anything. I mean I usually hit the gym like 5 times a week and do a minimum of 40 mins cardio and light weight training. I break a sweat and really focus because it makes me feel great. I these 5 months I have really cut down on going out and drinking with my friends, I don' eat late night.

The only thing i can think of is that I had lost 20 lbs and then the doctor loosened it so I could get food down without pain. I know it sounds crazy, but I'd almost rather the pain so I avoid foods that aren't good for me than to be heavy and lose the weight fast. I'm deperate.. My 20th birthday is coming up in june and all i wanted was to give myself this gift of being thin and healthy and finally happy. I'm just heart broken that I couldn't do it in time.

She'll make sure; she's wonderful. I thought I had 2.5 in my band, but she took it all out and all I had was 1.2. I HIGHLY recommend doing it under fluoro. It's only $75 more.

I had a great experience with that office about a week ago.

On the first visit ($250 i think) i was told the fluoro is included. I'm glad you had a good experience I have heard good things and bad things about the fill center usa, but I have only heard good things about the office in St.Pete. I'll be making an appt to see her some time next month.

Volley...remember we are only supposed to be losing 1 to 2 lbs a week, it's not supposed to come off super fast like with bypass patients. So don't beat urself up. Keep up with the exercise and watch what you eat and eventually it will all come off. 5 times a week...man you go girl :clap2: