Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Valentine,Do you have any ideas why our hair is falling out? I really really HATE it!

Hi, I haven't experienced hair loss.. but it may be due to lack of Vitamins, and also balding is caused by poor circulation. I would make sure to take a multi Vitamin because it seems that you are lacking in essential oils.. if you go to a vitamin store you can either ask the clerk or read the labels

also, what are everyone's thoughts on alcohol? i know I shouldn;t but going out with friends and being the only one not drinking is sometiems difficult.

also, does anyone have a great Breakfast idea that would kickstart their day and metabolism.. i have such a hard time in the morning because im starving and want to make a god choice- as well as late night..

Volly, Alcohol is fattening! Did you know there are like 600 calories in a long

island ice tea? You can do what you want, but if you're going to drink, don't mix it with any kind of sweet fruit juice. Beer is really fattening. Go online and read the calorie content of these types of things so you can plan it in your day.

For breakfast I almost always have a Protein Bar or a Protein Shake. I am having trouble getting enough Protein because I am just not hungry anymore. Late night Snacks for me are sugar free fudgcicles or sugar free

popcicles.

I hope some other people in here give you some better ideas. There was a thread in here asking the ages of everyone, and it seems like there were quite a few young people posting.

Bloody hell. I didn't know a Long Island Iced Tea had that many calories!!! I need to stop drinking when I go out.

Don't give up, I had my surgery Oct. 25th and have only lost 35 pounds, that is soooo slow too. but just remember and I know everyone says it, but you didn't gain it all at once. Keep exercising, try some smoothy shakes, just fruit, milk, sweetner and vanilla and blend, its frothy and goooood add a little Protein Powder if you want to. I have been doing this when I get a little ansy and want to eat something I shoudn't. You are not alone, keep plugging away. Linda

The fruit smoothies I eat really can quick start your day or late night. I have to be at work by 7:30 every morning so sometimes I blend up some fruit, either fresh or frozen with a cup of skim milk and a little splenda and vanilla and a scoop of Protein powder and take it along with me. It can be sipped quite a while and is very filling. Try that. Linda

Maurdan, they had the calorie content of mixed drinks on the cooking section some show I watched. I don't remember which one. It might have been The View. I was shocked when I heard the calorie content of mixed drinks.

Luckily for me, I don't drink at all. The only thing I drink ever is Water. I would hate to have to budget one of those babies into my daily calorie allowance!

I was feeling SO discouraged and now I see that what I'm going through is COMNMON! I had my surgery Aril 18th - and have lost TWO POUNDS. Here I am 2 months later. I had lost 32 pounds prior to tu the surgery because being on all liquids. NOTHING.

BUT before the band I would have gained back the 32 pounds by now and then some, so I am not comletely discouraged!@ And feel even better now!!:kiss2:

I'm not a LOSER!!! (although in this instance I wanna be!!)

I just started losing again after my 3rd fill. If you have the right fill it makes a huge difference.

I was feeling SO discouraged and now I see that what I'm going through is COMNMON! I had my surgery Aril 18th - and have lost TWO POUNDS. Here I am 2 months later. I had lost 32 pounds prior to tu the surgery because being on all liquids. NOTHING.

BUT before the band I would have gained back the 32 pounds by now and then some, so I am not comletely discouraged!@ And feel even better now!!:kiss2:

I'm not a LOSER!!! (although in this instance I wanna be!!)

Didn't you just get your band in April? That's no time at all. It takes

awhile to get the right fill and you'll start losing. Are you exercising?

That makes a huge difference too.

What's an nvs? I lost 26 lbs since Dec 1, 2006. I get down on myself but I feel good most days. I'm filled to 8 cc's. I eat less than I ever have but still stay stuck. Need to adjust something. I just can't figure it out.

NSV stands for Non scale Victory. (When something happens that isn't related to the scale, that tells you you've lost weight)

I am a really slow loser too. It's maddening. It would seem that as little as I am eating now, the weight should be falling off, but it's not. Exercise makes a huge difference, but some days I just can't force myself to go.

I've had 2 fills so far. Since I was filled in April and May, I have only lost maybe 5 pounds. My surgery was Feb 19 and I've been pretty much stuck since I started eating regular food. My husband, in the meantime, got banded 1 month after me and has lost 57 pounds! My total is only about 30. I'M SO DISCOURAGED!!!!! I know I'm eating more than I should-but usually no more than 1200 calories. How can you NOT lose weight on that little bit?

I was banded on 4/10/07, lost 11 pounds before surgery, but have only lost 8 lbs. since then. Do I qualify as a slow loser? If so, count me in!