Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

denise, maybe its our age. I don't if being over 50 makes a big differance or not. But this is the first serious weight loss try for me since I turned 50. I have done weight watcher serveral time in the past six years ant usually lost 20 to 30 lbs before I quit. I can't quit the band so its just got to work. I still try to tell myself that even 5 lbs a month would be great, but lets be honest we all want it to go away over night. Just stick with it, I feel that soon or later it just has to go away.

keep in touch we are here for you

carol

To avoid additional stress, I don't weigh myself but once a week. As a matter of fact, the scale is out of sight until then.

I had to step back to do those things that I did to lose weight. Journal my food, 1 week of liquid diet, exercise and not weigh myself. I guess it will soon make a difference.

Hi, I'm new here, but this thread quickly caught my eye. I had surgery Nov. 2006 and have only lost 30 lbs. I am so frustrated. Other people who have had this done have not been at all supportive to me...very preachy. One of them, I have asked for help, he offers, but then does nothing but be condescending to me.

Welcome! I am still new here myself. I have found so much support and help here. As a matter of fact, it is better than my local support group. It appears to me that you can ask any question and get many, many replies.

Hi, I'm new here, but this thread quickly caught my eye. I had surgery Nov. 2006 and have only lost 30 lbs. I am so frustrated. Other people who have had this done have not been at all supportive to me...very preachy. One of them, I have asked for help, he offers, but then does nothing but be condescending to me.

Welcome to the group. You will find support here. You don't need people who preach or who si condescending. Most of us have questions and we get nice helpful answers. I have to stay away from all the people who lose lots of weight really fast, they don't have a clue how hard this is. It's a lot harder than I every thought it would be. Again welcome and lets know how you are doing.

I am at about 16 lbs since 2/28/07...will go for my 4th fill on Thursday-I am at 7cc in a 10cc band now...feeling fuller, just not soon enough I guess...

I am at about 16 lbs since 2/28/07...will go for my 4th fill on Thursday-I am at 7cc in a 10cc band now...feeling fuller, just not soon enough I guess...

I've had 3 fills and do for my 4th on the 16th, I still feel that I can get way to much. I have a little restriction, but now what I see others talking about. I hope I haven't stretch my pouch out. I wonder how you know if you have stretched the pouch. I how do you know if you have a leaky band?

Mine has told me before, that the band is fine -"balloon is ok"....unless he's talking about my stomach!!!!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am frustrated, as it sounds like many others on this forum are. I agree about the "local" support groups. I have attended 4 or 5 of them and they have been basically worthless. Everyone talks amongst themselves and there really is no "support" to the group. I'm glad I found this site. I will try to be helpful and expect that I will be receiving help in return. I have already seen more supportive ideas and comments on here than I have from anywhere else. AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL FOR LETTING ME BE A PART OF YOUR GROUP.

I am on vacation and am cheating like crazy... It is hard not too! I now feel that the band that "seemed to tight" is now not tight enough. I hope I don't need a fill. I don't want to get my weight out of control!

Once I saw the numbers dropping again, I was so excited, then I cam on vacation. Any ideas??? I am definitely eating more than I was when I had the band filled! I am scared to get it filled again, since the last time I had so much trouble. I am staying away from breads, thick cuts of dry meat and salads. It really seems to be helping me.

What would you all do?

Hi everyone,

I have only lost 40 lbs in Oct. I am a slow loser. Noww, I haven't lost anything in 2 months!! Has anyone experienced this? I exercise 5 days a week now and it doesn't seem to make any difference. My band is tight. What do you think is going on? I'd appreciate any comments you might have.

Hi everyone,

I have only lost 40 lbs in Oct. I am a slow loser. Noww, I haven't lost anything in 2 months!! Has anyone experienced this? I exercise 5 days a week now and it doesn't seem to make any difference. My band is tight. What do you think is going on? I'd appreciate any comments you might have.

You sound just like me. I don't seem to make any headway at all. I feel like a failure but I will also admit that I am not a finatic about everything LapBand. I don't "fall" off the wagon so much as I don't eat only this or that. I will try some other things once in a while. One would think since I have a "throwing-up" problem that the weight would just melt away, but NO!:hungry:

Nursing gal, if you stick mainly to Protein, you won't have so many cravings. I know that's easier said than done on vacation though. I have that trouble whenever I go to see my dad. I don't keep any candy or bad things in the house. Next month I go to Arizona to see him, and I know there will be chocolate everywhere.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am frustrated, as it sounds like many others on this forum are. I agree about the "local" support groups. I have attended 4 or 5 of them and they have been basically worthless. Everyone talks amongst themselves and there really is no "support" to the group. I'm glad I found this site. I will try to be helpful and expect that I will be receiving help in return. I have already seen more supportive ideas and comments on here than I have from anywhere else. AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL FOR LETTING ME BE A PART OF YOUR GROUP.

We are glad to have you!

I know my problem is I have a very slow metabolism. I had a resting

metabolic test taken and it said I need to eat 1,000 calories per day

to lose weight. What's frustrating is that I stick to 1,000 calories

all the time, exercise 6 days a week, and a month will go by and I don't lose. I hate my body!:help: :)