Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

it's when the doc does it under an x ray type machine and they can see the band and the liquid passing through it.

Well Volly, it sounds like you are doing well in the exercise department. Are you eating a lot of carbs?

It really helps to count calories and write down everything you eat. A lot of people do it on fitday.com.

I can' t lose unless I stick with 1,000 calories per day plus exercise. I do well all week long, but the weekends, I end up eating some sort of sweets and blow it. I am hoping another fill will make me too full to be able to eat after dinner.< /p>

ok.. my doc refers to the fluoro as the Esophogram... sounds like the same thing.. thanks for the clarification.

I was at 200 lbs however I have gone back up and was all the way to 240 again with Water weight and now i am at 223 trying with all Ive got to get back to 200 for now thats all i am asking to do and its not happening so easy or fast

I hope I qualify, I was banded on Oct. 25, 2006 and have lost 35 pounds so far. They took the liquid out of my band to check to see how much was there then put it back in, since then it has been too loose, I have been back twice to get more liquid in but it still is too loose. Have not lost any weight this month. Getting discouraged, go back Friday for more fill, so hopefully that will do the trick. I am hungry ALL THE TIME. HELP.Linda

I am a slow loser too. I was so tired of everybody asking me how much have I lost ? I was bummed cause i haven't lost much. So I just gave up on weighing myself. Just follow the rules and don't stress on losing. It's gonna happen. I was stalled at 23lbs for months now I'm at 33 lost. It's a 2 year process. Dont be discouraged.

I was looking through this thread to see if anyone on here is like me... but no, even you other slow losers aren't as slow as me. I was banded on 3/12/07, almost 3 months ago and have only lost 4 pounds! Talk about discouraging. I am in search of my sweet spot, whatever the hell that is supposed to feel like. It seems like "good restriction" comes with extreme discomfort. My first fill was 1.8cc which was too tight, couldn't even keep Water down. So I was unfilled to 0.6cc, then filled to 1.0 and again to 1.4cc. The last fill was about 3 weeks ago and I thought that this might be "it" for me. I've only been able to eat about 1/3 the volume I ate before and no bingeing has taken place and even thought I still haven't lost any weight since that fill, I was hopeful.... until today. All the sudden its not uncomfortable after a few bites. I find myself eating faster and more. What the heck is that about? Will I ever get this right? Does anyone have good restriction without discomfort? Should I already consider another fill? Can anyone relate?:cry

ELo, it makes a huge difference if you don't eat mostly Protein and eat a lot of carbs. Eating carbs causes more hunger during the digestion process.

Are you exercising?

No, you shouldn't get another fill until you are used to the banster way of eating. You have to eat very slowly. You have to cut your bites into tiny sized bites. They say the size of your pinky finger nail is a good way to judge. Then chew until it's liquid. If you're still having trouble after that, you should call your doctor.

I absolutely can't lose unless I exercise at least 5 times a week. I usually do 6 but sometimes I get busy and can't . My weight loss completely stalls unless I am exercising and doing a lot of cardio.

Linda.... keep your chin up~ tell the dr your concerns and suggest the esophogram to the dr. maybe that will help... It helped me alot..

Good luck and keep us posted :)

ELoo, I would ask for another fill... or I always suggest asking your doc for an esophogram or some people call it the fluoro.. this will determine how restricted you really are~ 4 lbs in 3 months..that's crazy to me... My doc told me 6-10 lbs per month. My restriction causes discomfort too.. but I think that's part of the master plan... good luck

I just got another fill and now I know what everyone is talking about. I don't know if I can even eat solid food. I think I am going to stay on liquids a few days and see if it stays this tight. I don't even feel like eating, but I am worried about getting my Protein in. I am losing so much hair.< /p>

Is anyone else losing hair? I wish I knew why this happens.

Thanks for your input. I am exercising. I have exercised regularly for about 4 years now, but I did step up my routine recently and have been working harder. I'll admit my food choices are sometimes far from perfect but I am still eating a lot less than before and exercising harder, so thats what dumbfounds me. I guess I'm just going to keep trying to improve and see what happens. I am a little scared to get a fill because I don't want to be miserable or have to PB when eating out with friends.

ELoo,I totally understand where you are coming from. It's very maddening to exercise and not see results. I lost 22 lbs the first 4 weeks during the liquid stage, and here is is 4 months later and I have only lost 10 more lbs. I am really hoping this new fill is going to make a difference.

I have moved up the intensity on my cardio too. I think my body is too used to everything I was doing.

Hang in there! Yes I am a slow loser who it seems has lost more hair than weight.But I am still thankful for the band.I am getting a 2nd fill 6/19/07 so hopefully that will give me the sewwt spot I keep reading about.