Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

How slow has your weight loss been? Have you been banded 3 years already? I know age has something to do with slow weight loss...I am 48 and would happy to just stop gaining (not banded yet) thanks margo

Hi y'all!

I had my 2 year aniversery on 3/5/07 and have lost 70lbs. I lose one or two pounds a month. I had to have .6cc removed the beginning of March because I couldn't sleep because it seemed even my salvia was coming up. This happened all at once. I hadn't had a fill in 4-5 months. My doctor took that out, had a barium swallow done and then I can't get back in to see him until this Monday (4/30) for a fill. I don't know if anything was found on the swallow but shall find out Monday. Anyone else had anything similiar happen? I know when I go back in I will have gained some cause, man can I eat right now. I haven't written in awhile so I thought I'd check in. Talk to y'all later. weight.png

How slow has your weight loss been? Have you been banded 3 years already? I know age has something to do with slow weight loss...I am 48 and would happy to just stop gaining (not banded yet) thanks margo

Well it took me 3 months to lose 5 lbs. I lost 22 the first 4 weeks after surgery, because I had to be on a liquid diet. Since then, I do everything I have been told to do, and I have only lost 5 lbs the last 3 months. I am afraid to get a fill because food gets stuck regularly, and it hurts. If you aren't banded yet, I would suggest your read everything like crazy. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, that's for sure. They told me I would have to chew food like crazy, but I never knew that one day you could eat just fine and the next, it sits in your chest like a golf ball.

Slow losers, slow responders.....that's what it must be.....*lol* Well, I'm a pre-bander and a little nervous. Just looking for some sort of feedback. ;))

hi,

I get emails only once every other day. There is not that many of us out there, I think.

But, I know that we all surf on other boards or other places of this board too.:rolleyes

If I weight everyday, I noticed that say start the week on Monday morning at 200 pounds and then gradually with working out and good habits it goes back to 197 by friday or Saturday.

Then on Monday back to 199 to end up on 197 on Friday ( that is 2 weeks). At the third week start Monday at 199 and all of sudden on Friday I am at 196, so excited to come back on the following Monday and be a t 198.5 or so.

Therefore sounds like that every 3 or 4 weeks I loose a pound. It is streesfull at times, but is going down.

I thought that perhaps the margarita over the week end did it , but I have one every month, so is not that.

I am continually working out and following band foods except for a little cocktail here and there.

My inches are coming down and I officially can fit in size 12 NON-stretch jeans!:clap2:

Lidia-Kuri

4/20/06

3 fills

225/197/150

hi,

But, I know that we all surf on other boards or other places of this board too.:rolleyes

Therefore sounds like that every 3 or 4 weeks I loose a pound. It is streesfull at times, but is going down.

My inches are coming down and I officially can fit insize12NON-stretchjeans :clap2: Lidia-Kuri

4/20/06

3 fills

225/197/150

Hi there,

What other board do you go to? I go to Obesityhelp occasionally, but I like the way this board is set up much better.

You sound exactly like me. I have to be so careful on the weekends or I will gain 2 or 3 lbs. It drives me crazy. I go to the gym every day and I know I am burning calories, so it's mind boggling to me that I am not losing.

They said we would lose 2 lbs a week!

I would be really happy if I was in a size 12. I am in a size 18 jeans.

Do you know how much fill you have in there? I am so undecided whether or not I should get another fill. It really scares me because I don't want food to get stuck any more than it already is.

Hey fellow slow losers! I need your help! I am ready to tear out my hair.< /p>

I am so sick of food getting stuck. I am afraid to get a fill and I am sick of not losing....gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hi Denise. I know completely what you mean. I am going for fill number 2 on Friday and I am scared that it is going to make the food getting stuck situation worse. I am not sick a great deal but this is more due to effort on my part as I make sure that I eat small bites and chew really really well because I am scared of being sick. It is more the pain that worries me as when food gets stuck it can be really sore. The problem is that, although I chew well, I can still get through an awful lot of food and so am not losing weight. It seems pointless just now with worrying about food being stuck and not losing weight. This really isn't what I expected. I don't mind food getting stuck as long as I am losing weight but I am just not losing it. I will be discussing all this up with my surgeon when I see him on Friday and hoping he can offer a some hope. I just keep telling myself that I will get to that sweet spot if it kills me. Keep your chin up. Keep getting fills and keep smiling. Surely it has to work with the right number of fills!!!!

Elizabeth, you sound exactly like me! It's really painful when food gets stuck. And I never expected this either.

It scares me to even try to find that sweet spot. If I can't handle the saline I have in there now, how am I ever going to get another fill. I know I need one, because I am not losing weight but the thought of what else will get stuck regularly, is very scary. I have a dr.'s appointment Monday. I hope we both get some answers. Please let me know what your doctor has to say on Friday. I can't hardly wait for Monday to get here. I want some answers. Tomorrow I am getting my thyroid checked.

Denise I will definitely let you know what the surgeon tells me. Before having the surgery I thought that all food would stay in the pouch and then gradually, over time, drain through the band. I can't understand why food is going down to enable it to get stuck. I thought it stayed in the pouch and took about an hour to pass through at least but it must be going straight down for food to get stuck at times. Completely confused, will ask about this also on Friday.

I had the first real slime incident yesterday...not fun I had stew beef and tried to eat some cornbread with it...needless to to say bad choice.

Denise I will definitely let you know what the surgeon tells me. Before having the surgery I thought that all food would stay in the pouch and then gradually, over time, drain through the band. I can't understand why food is going down to enable it to get stuck. I thought it stayed in the pouch and took about an hour to pass through at least but it must be going straight down for food to get stuck at times. Completely confused, will ask about this also on Friday.

That is exactly what I thought! I don't understand why it gets stuck so fast.

That means it's trying to go through the band immediately. It drives me insane!

I was banded 3 weeks ago, and have not lost a single pound! very discouraged. My weight loss was from pre-op diet. this catagory is a great idea !

Wow, that's encouraging, it gets so frustrating when my scales continually go up and down with a pound or two, however as of yet I have lost at least a pound or two per check up (about month or month half apart). Thanks for the encouragement. How do you get committed to sticking to the right things to eat. Do I need to join a Weight Watchers type plan?

vericks

I find that it helps to follow some kind of plan. I just incorporated everything that I learned from South Beach and LA Weight loss and hope that it helps.:)