Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

:help: Hey live2canoe,

Can i join your group,I had lapban on June 13 2006. weight before surgery 280.after on June 23 258/12, Now 257. I went to have afill today my first since Oct.So i am not only a slow loser, but also a backslider.

So what do you say room for one more squishy person.

slimwithin, yes please join this thread. It is great to keep us posted. I am an average loser at a 1lb a week. I am almost t my 50 lb mark since June. I would say that is pretty slow as well.

:help: Hey live2canoe,

Can i join your group,I had lapban on June 13 2006. weight before surgery 280.after on June 23 258/12, Now 257. I went to have afill today my first since Oct.So i am not only a slow loser, but also a backslider.

So what do you say room for one more squishy person.

Glad to have another slow loser join in. It makes me feel better. I haven't lost anything since I went off liquids but I am going to have a fill on Monday a week from today. I better start losing after that.

I wish that sweets made me sick like they do the gastric bypass patients. I get so fed up after watching every bite I put in my mouth, then I get mad and eat candy or something. It seems that if I am exercising my brains out and eating tiny portions, I should lose something after a week of this. Then

Sat or Sun rolls around, and it's like I am afraid to leave the house with all the temptations out there.

I went to a BBQ yesterday and my band friend was there. She had half a hot dog and said she was so full, there was no way she could sample all the rest of the goodies that were there. I look forward to that day.

Do I qualify? How about a pound a Year?

Banded 10/04

215/213/155

Seriously....I found this site today and the information is fabulous. I am making myself a priority....I think I need more help with that than anything!! So.....am I a slow loser?

Hi

It has been almost 2 months since I've lost any weight. I've had 2 fills so far and am getting very discouraged. I am eating low fat food, following the diet, even my Snacks are low fat. I eat till I'm full but still no weight is coming off.

I am considering trying a liquid diet for a couple of days, has anyone tried that - has it worked?

Please, I will take all suggestions!

Hi

It has been almost 2 months since I've lost any weight. I've had 2 fills so far and am getting very discouraged. I am eating low fat food, following the diet, even my Snacks are low fat. I eat till I'm full but still no weight is coming off.

I am considering trying a liquid diet for a couple of days, has anyone tried that - has it worked?

Please, I will take all suggestions!

Are you eating a lot of carbs? Some low fat things are still high calorie. t I can't lose at all if I eat too many carbs. I am really not one to give advice because I haven't lost anything in 2 months either. I am really hoping that is going to change now that I have had my 2nd fill. For the first time since I got banded, I was totally stuffed all day after lunch. I didn't even want to eat dinner because I was still full. I know it's not good to skip meals, so I had a Protein Bar.

From what everyone says on here, it's very important to count calories. I hope you get some good advice from everyone else! It will help me too!:D

I hope I qualify to be part of this group. I haven't lost a pound in 2 months!! :D:( :phanvan I'm not sure what is going on with this body of mine! I'm about to loose my mind.

I am now adjusting my diet to really push Protein and increase my exercise so I'm hoping and praying that I will start dropping some weight.

I can't stand this anymore!!! I want to see something happen so bad! My husband tells me that I am obsessed!! Yes that's true - - - I have joined the Fat Patrol - I'm guarding every aspect!!! Got to make it go away!! :nervous

I am excited to report that since my new fill I have lost 2 lbs. The fill really made a difference. I am not as hungry as fast.

Ginger, are you watching your calories, and carbs? I know for me, one of the reasons I didn't lose the last 2 months was I would get discouraged from eating correctly and not losing. Then I would get mad and eat a bunch of sweets. I am hoping to get off that vicious cycle with this new fill.

I am sure that I fit into this group. I lost 10lb on the pre-op diet intended to shrink the size of the liver but since having the band fitted have lost 2lb. I had the band fitted on the 7th of Februrary 07 and today is the 13th of April so over 2 months have passed. I have had one fill as well so it isn't as if I have just had my band and no fill. I am totally frustrated. Going for my 2nd fill on the 4th of May and can't wait, hoping it will give me the restriction I so desire. I know this is a pretty common problem and it is so good to know that I am not alone out there.

It is frustrating isnt it Ginger. When you make the decision to be banded you think it is going to be the miracle that you have been waiting for and when nothing seems to be happening is is the biggest let down. Everyone keeps saying that it is a case of keep getting filled until you reach the sweet spot and I accept that but it is still frustrating hardly losing anything. Hey Julie that is great about your getting to 230lb. It is brilliant to reach a point and thinking 'it is years since I have been this low in weight'. Keep up the good work. Hopefully us slower ones will be inspired to keep going.

Welcome Elizabeth! I know how frustrating it is. I went for 2 months not losing after my first fill. It basically did nothing except teach me to chew better so that food doesn't get stuck. I was still hungry all the time. This new fill has made a big difference. I told him to be aggresive with it and that I was tired of foolling around. I get full faster now and it stays with me longer. Before, I would get full fast but very hungry in two hours.

I have lost 3 lbs since my fill on Monday. I hope that isn't going to be all I lose until my next fill though.

Thanks Denise. Well I have also gone now for 2 months without losing anything. I had lost about 2lb but it has gone back on today AAAAHHHH! All I've learned is how to chew better also. When I went for my first fill I nagged the doctor to be aggressive and she assured me she had but the dietician then told me everyone asks for them to be aggressive but they just do the same every time. When I go for my next fill on the 4th of May it will be done by the surgeon who carried out the fitting of the band and I sense that he won't hold back when it comes to filling. He seems to be quite an aggressive type lol. Here's hoping!