Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Group- 5 day Pouch Test

Are you going to doing this starting tomorrow as well? I'd like to join in. I'm pretty sure my pouch is definitely stretched because I haven't felt restricted even after 3 fills. My next fill is in about 2 weeks. Ugh, but what made me so angry is that my fill doctor last time was like, "Hmmm, you are very consistent. About 4 pounds per month. You can pretty much see when you'll be at goal." Now, I know he was trying to be helpful, but c'mon. 4 pounds per month? That's horrible. And that is why I'll be doing the pouch test starting tomorrow.

wow! doing the pouch test every week. i just finished and did okay but i was off from work..if i would have been working it would def have been more difficult. it did get me back to eating better and i needed that.i think i will try it again in a few weeks

I've considered doing this a couple of times already, but have a couple of questions... for example, when I take my meds in the am and pm (bedtime) I usually drink a small Protein Shake with them since they say to take with food.. can I still drink my shakes after day 2? Or are we only allowed liquids on days 1-2, mushies on day 3 (meaning no liquids but water), and then solid Proteins after that (meaning no liquids but Water or mushies)... I geuss the OCD kicks in a bit and I get confused. Some clarification would be wonderful!!! I need to break this plateau!! Thanks!! =)

Well I'm a little late but I'm starting the pouch test tomorrow (tuesday).

I've only had one fill (May 7th), was scheduled for a second on June 7 but I was very restricted so rescheduled for July 24 (first available date...). Well, go figure... now I don't have much restriction.

Soooo hopefully this'll get me back on track. Good luck to everyone else!

Bridgette: I think there is a link on like page 1 of this thread and it takes you to another thread that has the actual link to the site on there. It's not difficult. The way I understand it is that the first 2 days, you do full liquids like Soups, Water, Jello, pudding, things like that. Day 3 is soft Proteins like tuna with a little bit of mayo, and things of that nature. Day 4 and 5 are firm Proteins. If you need more clarification, the link to it is on page 1 of this thread I think. I hope that helped!

Today was the first day of all liquids for me! It was not as difficult as I thought it would be, especially since I actually made sure to bring a couple of Campbell's Soup at Hand with me and those little crystal light things for Water. I'm really happy that I was able to do this. I've always said that as long as I can get through the first day, I'll be fine for the rest of the journey. The problem was that I never ever got through the first day :/ Well, I'm very proud of myself, and I'm going to keep doing this every week until I feel like I'm completely in control of my head hunger! I'm so glad I found this thread!!

on day 2, no issues. have yet to get hungry but was slightly light headed last night.

It's almost the end of day 2, and things are going really well! I actually forgot about eating after I had some Soup for lunch around 12:30p, and I haven't eaten since then, but I really haven't been hungry! I think that this is making me more aware of whether I'm actually hungry, or just head hungry. I'm going to eat some soup right now because I'm actually hungry, and it makes me feel good to know the difference.

I've considered doing this a couple of times already, but have a couple of questions... for example, when I take my meds in the am and pm (bedtime) I usually drink a small Protein shake with them since they say to take with food.. can I still drink my shakes after day 2? Or are we only allowed liquids on days 1-2, mushies on day 3 (meaning no liquids but water), and then solid Proteins after that (meaning no liquids but Water or mushies)... I geuss the OCD kicks in a bit and I get confused. Some clarification would be wonderful!!! I need to break this plateau!! Thanks!! =)

day 1&2 drink drink drink- as much as you can- Water, shakes, liquidy soups- you want to make sure you fight the hunger monster with lots of Protein and water.

day 3- soft meats- tuna, ect. @ meal times. dont drink w/ meals or 1 hr before or after this messes with feeling the pouch but other that that. DRINK DRINK DRINK.

(I try to stick with more protein less carbs)

Day 4- med meats added to your meals- always add to what you are doing if you still like tuna eat tuna.

Day 5- harder meats- steak ect. CHEW CHEW CHEW

the goal is to take in...

AT LEAST 8 cups of water- 64oz/day- flushes out toxins, and cold water add to your metabolic rate. Adds to feeling full.

Less than 120 grams of carbs/ day- carbs break down quickly and if not burned get turned to sugar then fat.

Atleast 40-60 grams of protein depending on your weight and goals. protien takes longer to digest and builds lean muscle mass which burn more fat over all raising your metabolism.

I hope this helps

day 1&2 drink drink drink- as much as you can- Water, shakes, liquidy soups- you want to make sure you fight the hunger monster with lots of Protein and Water.

day 3- soft meats- tuna, ect. @ meal times. dont drink w/ meals or 1 hr before or after this messes with feeling the pouch but other that that. DRINK DRINK DRINK.

(I try to stick with more Protein less carbs)

Day 4- med meats added to your meals- always add to what you are doing if you still like tuna eat tuna.

Day 5- harder meats- steak ect. CHEW CHEW CHEW

the goal is to take in...

AT LEAST 8 cups of water- 64oz/day- flushes out toxins, and cold water add to your metabolic rate. Adds to feeling full.

Less than 120 grams of carbs/ day- carbs break down quickly and if not burned get turned to sugar then fat.

Atleast 40-60 grams of protein depending on your weight and goals. protien takes longer to digest and builds lean muscle mass which burn more fat over all raising your metabolism.

I hope this helps

Thanks! I just started day 3 and had tuna salad for Breakfast. It was so good to chew after 2 days of liquids. And the carb monster seems to have quietened down somewhat. :tongue2:

Way to go every body! How did you all make it thru the 4th? Personally I messed it up bad. SInce my hubby said dont count or measure anything I was going to just have to rely on my lapband. I didnt know I was able to eat so much!!!!!! Then again I only have 1.5 cc in my 4 cc band. Time for a fill?

:( 5 day pouch test here I come! But I need to tweek it to be.....

HIGH Protein (40%of calorie intake minimum)

LOW Carb. (30% of calorie intake Max.)

and DRINK DRINK DRINK- 1000 calories and 64 oz of Water.

This is what the nutritionist at my surgeons office recemends

The nurse at my fill dr.s office is very blunt I love it! I told her I had restricted my calories thru will power to 600-800 calories per day to keep loosing weight with no fill and she plainly said, " that was stupid!" and we started talking about metabolism and protien.

so I have a challenge set in front of me. The liquid diet will flush my system and condition my pouch to function properly. And get me off of grazing! If the pouch capacity hasnt reduced by the time the 5 day PT is done I will get a fill appt scheduled. But I hesitate getting a fill too soon because I HAVE to eat about 1000 calories or so to keep my metabolism going or it tanks and I cant loose weight!

4th of July Holiday Recovery- Starting monday- 5 day PT round #3!!!!! And walking daily. Anyone want to join me?

I decided I'm going to give this a try. Though I had Fiber One Bar for Breakfast. So I guess tomorrow will be my true start. I can eat however much I want, no restriction at all. I need to get back on track as to what life being banded is. I'm expecting too much from the band and too little of myself.

I decided I'm going to give this a try. Though I had Fiber One Bar for breakfast. So I guess tomorrow will be my true start. I can eat however much I want, no restriction at all. I need to get back on track as to what life being banded is. I'm expecting too much from the band and too little of myself.

welcome, dont be too hard on yourself. 40lbs post op since april is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I got my band May 19th and I just hit 19lbs lost post op.

Yes, working it will make a big difference though. We are here for you!

Day 1- PT Round 3-

It is so hard to NOT EAT dinner after all of that time of cooking it!!! I was doing great all day long , soymilk, Isopure, more soymilk.

BAM!!!! Husband home!!!!! dinner time!

tuna Noodle cassaroll. I have to be honest I took 3 bites, then I asked myself (WHAT ARE YOU DOING< DONT BLOW IT NOW!!!!!)

I grabbed my Isopure and left the kitchen!

So I am glad I didnt go any further and I am debating if I should redo day 1 tomarrow..???

What do you all think? Does the day count if we crack?