Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Group- 5 day Pouch Test

Thank you Goneforever. This thread is a lot nicer than other ones I went to. The last time I posted (after the 4th of July) I had people giving me all kinds of grief when I reached out for help cos I was eating too much. I couldn't believe it, as it was supposed to be for support! Oh well, I am here now and feel a lot better already. Thanks again. Also, I have been told by the dietician affiliated with my surgeon that Unjury is supposedly the best for Protein Powder. I asked why, as I had other brands of Protein at home. She said something about how the body absorbs the protein, and that I should stick with the Unjury. It is filling and tastes all right, but I have tasted better ones. That's all I know about the protein powder.< /p>

Your welcome hon. I personally Hate Unjury. To me it is flavorless. It and Kashie are IMHO the 2 nastiest Protein Drinks I have tried.

Sometimes on these threads people get carried away. Sometimes it is because they don't remember what it is like being new. Or they don't remember ever falling off the wagon and asking for help. They have selective amnesia. So they come across as judgmental. I know for a fact I have. I try not to, but it doesn't read the way it sounds in my head. I liked to be called to task for it though. I don't want to hurt anybody. Now if I say I'm going to make you mad then you know I am doing on purpose. If you read a lot of these threads you will see a pattern of who will be nasty most of the time. They're a few people I try to ignore and sometimes I try to make what they said not seem so harsh.

So try to not take it the wrong way to often. Good luck with the 5 day pouch test. If you need to talk you can send me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.:)

I followed bandster rules about eating slow. At 15 min. I stopped eating. Usually I found out I was sated and not hungry for a while. I think I ate 4 or 5 times that day. On day 4 I ate 3 times and 1 snack. It does leave room for interpretation though. Good luck with it.

Just google the 5day pouch test. It will take you to it. Good luck

Gone 4 Ever,

Thanks for your answer; it really helps. I think I'll try this "test" again in a few days. Regarding the unjury, I ordered a few samples, but haven't tried them yet. I use EAS Myoplex Carb Control (has 25g protein) Ready to Drink. I 've had a problem with powders ever since I got very sick on the old Shaklee diet-yuk; that's probably why I haven't even tried the Unjury. Thanks for the heads up about the taste.

Edited by scout47

The Unjury Protein Shakes would never win any taste contests. They really need to work on improving the taste. But for absorbtion of Protein, they are tops, at least that is what I've heard.That is why when I start this 5 day pouch test today, I will mostly drink that. If it gets too unbearable, I will probably have some Sugar Free Chocolate pudding. I was happy to see that is allowed. This is going to be really hard, isn't it? But hopefully it will get me back to where I need to be as far as my pouch is. And thankyou Goneforever. You sound like a real sweetie. You are right. I have already figured out some of the people to stay away from. I do believe that they forgot that they obviously have had problems with eating and self control, or they wouldn't be here at this website! I just will have to remember so I don't make the same mistakes. Who knows? Maybe I have already hurt or insulted somebody and didn't even know I was doing it. That would be terrible. But it is probably just like you said... it doesn't read like it sounds in my head. That is so true. Anyway, thanks for the help and the kind words. I appreciate it and will try to pass it on today.

Did anybody feel a little nausea on the first day of the 5 day pouch test?

GREAT JOB EVERYONE! So many are sooing some great results. I havce seen some great questions. I will do my best with my 2 cents to help with them.

What about gaining weight back after the PT?

OK, Just so we can recap the goal of the 5 day PT... One goal is to retrain our minds to pay closer attention to the lapband pouch we have paid so much for. To relearn how some foods slide (BIG NO NO's-they ignore our bands) Other foods will help us to FEEL our bands! This is why we have the liquid, soft, medium and hard protien stages. We have to re-tune into how our lapband responds to different foods. Weight loss and breaking those pesky plateau's are both great purks but cant be the only goal. NOT to see how much food we can eat without breaking the rules...

If we dont take some of these lessons ino our daily lives after the 5 D PT then we shouldnt have even gotten the lapband in the first place because you will just be disappointed. and it will take ALOT longer to see results if at all.

Day 3-5- how often do we eat? the idea is to feel satisfied. the first 2 days will teach us what real hunger feals like not head hunger. Learn this Q- well. It is then that we should be eating in days 3-5 and then on. and then only eat 15 minutes or so. he idea again is to not feel FULL but just NOT HUNGERY!

The band is a tool to change our life style habits. not to make it so we CANT EAT! small portions more often, chew food well, eat good protiens, not simple carbs, stop when not hungery....... some people can do these things naturally and for the rest of us there is the lapband. I will be back to check in.... Good luck to alll!!!!

Gone 4 Ever,

Thanks for your answer; it really helps. I think I'll try this "test" again in a few days. Regarding the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, I ordered a few samples, but haven't tried them yet. I use EAS Myoplex Carb Control (has 25g protein) Ready to Drink. I 've had a problem with powders ever since I got very sick on the old Shaklee diet-yuk; that's probably why I haven't even tried the Unjury. Thanks for the heads up about the taste.

Your very welcome scout.

I had ordered the sample of Ujury also. I like Myoplex pretty much. I just make sure with my Protein mixes I almost always add fruit or something to them with ice in the blender. I love to use frozen black cherries with cho. pro. mix. I love blueberries fresh or frozen with my vanilla mix. Wow I haven't heard of Shaklee in yrs. My parents used to sell Shaklee.

The Unjury Protein shakes would never win any taste contests. They really need to work on improving the taste. But for absorbtion of Protein, they are tops, at least that is what I've heard.That is why when I start this 5 day pouch test today, I will mostly drink that. If it gets too unbearable, I will probably have some sugar free chocolate pudding. I was happy to see that is allowed. This is going to be really hard, isn't it? But hopefully it will get me back to where I need to be as far as my pouch is. And thankyou Goneforever. You sound like a real sweetie. You are right. I have already figured out some of the people to stay away from. I do believe that they forgot that they obviously have had problems with eating and self control, or they wouldn't be here at this website! I just will have to remember so I don't make the same mistakes. Who knows? Maybe I have already hurt or insulted somebody and didn't even know I was doing it. That would be terrible. But it is probably just like you said... it doesn't read like it sounds in my head. That is so true. Anyway, thanks for the help and the kind words. I appreciate it and will try to pass it on today.

Thank you Slimmap for the kind words. We are human. Most of us try not to hurt others feelings on here. But sometimes we do it and don't even know we've done it.

Good luck everyone with the 5dpt:thumbup:

Now that the kids are asleep I can visit a little better. I am sorry if my last post was rash.First when I got on the kids were happy ten it was like the house ERUPTED!. YUCK.

Yes, I truely believe the porpose of these boards are to support eachother and to learn as we are all sisters and brothers in this lapband lifestyle. I have seen some AWESOME testimonials for the changes in peoples lives since getting the lapband but these results come at the price of change. Looking back (just 2 months ago) I thought having the lapband ment I could finally eat with the family and just eat smaller amounts and loose weight. I now realize the lapband being in me doesnt garrentee this. only when we have reach the "Sweet spot" where our balance of intake vs restriction has been reached can this be half true and half achieved. I have found my body has a HUGE sensitivity to carbs so I see the BEST results cutting out ALL simple carb and most complex ones. Unfortunately it is like a trigger as soon as I say "NO CARBS THIS WEEK" carbs are all I want ans all the family seems to want. TALK ABOUT PRESSURE! so I know emotionally I CAN NOT say' not this or that" or I end up in this cycle. the band does help with this as when I cave I can only eat so much. Only make a little mess. I was going to keep doing the 5 d PT every monday- Friday but my grandma has been in the hospital alot this week so I have been out of town )very hard to do liquids while travelin) LOL :scared2: So I am happy to be home to hit the grind stone..

This week of eating by the band has shown me what the band is capable of and that I do need a fill. This will have to wait until after pay day. Until then the 5 day PT is the tool I NED to keep me on track.With living by the band on vacation I have GAINED 4 pound!!! OUCH! Yes, I ate more that I though I was capable of whatever I wanted. Out to eat around our rotations at the Hospital. Good news is grandma is doing good. Bad news is I was down to 220 Lbs ( almost to the 2 teens! and I blew it!. I have embraced the we are all human moto and now I look forward to my fresh start on monday. AND BACK TO THE 5 D PT! I know it is the only thing keeping me out of "Bandster Hell" which we have all heard of so many times before.

Monday is a week of new begainings, who wants to join me???

One thing I do on the PT is track calories and nutrition- just for my information. My goal is to take in 1000 calories a day so my metabolism doesnt tank. I like to use Livestrong.com/myplate its free!

Second, 8 glasses of water/ day but not within 1 hour from meals on days 3-5.

Third, Protien- gives my body the nutrition and energy it needs to build on. a MINIMUM of 40% of calorie intake. BUT I get as much as I can!. I really Like Isopure. it costs $3.25 per 20oz bottle which has 40g of Protein and I will use one whole bottle on the liquid only days then half of one on the other 3 days.

4th- LOW carbs- My only splurge here is the coffee Creamer I put in my homemade soymilk to add some YUM factor into the soymilk. But hey, it is minimal.

And 5th, I take my kids for a walk first thing every morning to keep that metabolism up. ( laps around the grain bins is 1.5 miles LOL :wink2: )

I know this i a little different than the book but it is what My body responds best to. You dont need to do what I do to join me the Normat 5 day Pouch test is hard enough!

I think of mine at 5 day PT (Physical Training)- getting me ready for the week end. LOL :angry: the week end it the REAL pouch test for me! LOL :cursing:

well good luck to all.

Who needs a fresh start and wants to join me?!?!

Today is Day 2 on the Pouch Test diet. I got on the scale and it said I gained 2 pounds! How can that be? I only took in 1100 calories? Plus I swam 22 laps. I was not happy. Plus I am hungry too. I know I am not supposed to weigh myself everyday but I thought I would be in for a good surprise. I was in for a surprise all right but not a good one. Well I will stick with this as today is the last day of liquids only. Is anybody else starving like I am? Well, good luck to all of you in this 5 day pouch test diet.

Today is Day 2 on the Pouch Test diet. I got on the scale and it said I gained 2 pounds! How can that be? I only took in 1100 calories? Plus I swam 22 laps. I was not happy. Plus I am hungry too. I know I am not supposed to weigh myself everyday but I thought I would be in for a good surprise. I was in for a surprise all right but not a good one. Well I will stick with this as today is the last day of liquids only. Is anybody else starving like I am? Well, good luck to all of you in this 5 day pouch test diet.

By the end of the 5dpt you will have lost. Is it time for Aunt Flo maybe? Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and eating plenty of Soups and Jello. Don't worry about the calories while doing the liquid part of it. You will stress yourself out and stay hungry. remember with Soups they go right through the band so you don't stay full. That's why I say don't count the calories when in this stage of the testing. Every time I got hungry I ate some Soup or Jello. If your counting calories then they would add up real quick. I lost 6 lbs when I did the 5dpt. Everyone is different though.

Good luck hon. Keep us posted.:scared2:

Thanks Goneforever. I am just spazzing out I guess because I thought I would have spectacular results. I have to remember that I am doing this to hopefully shrink my pouch. And I only have to get through this day til I can have solid food again. Thanks again.

Help! I know I shouldn't have weighed myself again but I did and not only did I not lose the 2 pounds I gained from the first day, but I didn't lose anything yesterday either. I just do not get it.Does anybody have any suggestions out there because I am seriously getting freaked out. And, no, it is not Aunt Flo. She hasn't visited in almost a year.

Help! I know I shouldn't have weighed myself again but I did and not only did I not lose the 2 pounds I gained from the first day, but I didn't lose anything yesterday either. I just do not get it.Does anybody have any suggestions out there because I am seriously getting freaked out. And, no, it is not Aunt Flo. She hasn't visited in almost a year.

OK, let's think about this...how much Water do you drink per day? Seems like I fought the same 4 lbs for over a month. I weigh every day too, but I know that a gain really encourages me eat garbage. I have to remind myself that the "might as well eat this" attitude is what got me in the morbidly obese category in the first place. Of course you need to eat the 5DPT recommended foods, but Water, water, water is the key--at least for me. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll see a loss soon.

OK, let's think about this...how much Water do you drink per day? Seems like I fought the same 4 lbs for over a month. I weigh every day too, but I know that a gain really encourages me eat garbage. I have to remind myself that the "might as well eat this" attitude is what got me in the morbidly obese category in the first place. Of course you need to eat the 5DPT recommended foods, but Water, water, water is the key--at least for me. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll see a loss soon.

The water may be an issue for me. Over the last 2 days I have probably had only half what I am supposed to drink...32 ounces. Maybe that is it. You are so right about

the "might as well eat this" attitude. I am so guilty of that. But not this time. I have really stuck with this 5dpt plan. That is why I was so freaked out. I did do everything I was supposed to do and gained weight the first day and then didn't lose anything the second day. I will really work at getting in 64 ouces of water. I didn't think it would make that big of a difference. I have lost over 100 pounds and most of the time I only drank 32 ounces of water a day. But there really isn't anything else I can try. Today should be easier as I get to eat Protein. Those first two days were hard! And it does feel like my pouch is tighter already. But I just can't get past the weight gain. Well, I will keep on keepin' on. I plan to swim today too. So thanks for all the ecouraging words.