Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Group- 5 day Pouch Test

I am starving! I am sick of Protein shakes. But I am already almost through the first day. Anybody have any encouragement because I sure could use some right about now.

:) Hate to admit it, but I am no help at all; I only made it until lunch--let myself get too hungry and jumped right to the Protein. Be Proud of Yourself--Day One is almost over. Good Luck.

you guys are awesome! TOTALY HONEST!!!!!

Well, lets recap on how we are doing so far....

Day one was the bear! but I made it, atleast until somtime in the middle of the night when the hunger cramps were so bad I went to the fridge and got a table spoon of taco meat. after 2 of those I was able to sleep. I figured my family needs me to be awake and ready to go in the morning so I did splirge. But I made a promiss to myself I will only eat day 3 protiens. Th next day I was ok when I got up, but thru the day I just got more fatigued. SO I started drinking more and more soymilk and fruit juice and that really helpped with the carb headaches. But I felt too tired to go for our walk in the morning so we havent been doing that this week. Day 3 &4 have much better. I have been drinking all I can then when my stomach starts to cramp I have about 1/4 cup of canned fish at each time. This has really helped with how much my portion size had become. I was eating well over a cup per meal before this 5dPT! and my weigh was up to 218lbs. It is so scarry to see it climb after all the work it took to get to 215lbs. So here we are on day 5 and I have really been keeping to the same thing as the days 3-4. I think I have found a good maintenance plan for me right now. I know the juice really helps with the headaches and fetigue. and the soymilk and fish is good for the metabolism. I am finally not craving the carbs. YEA!!!! and I can tell my pouch has shrunk ALOT with how much tuna I am eating. 2 cans / day. I know I will want to add veggies into this I have a garden and I just cant resist. It has been hard to go without munching all day on those peaches I have been canning. So I have allowed myself some of the juice. Well, it is a good negotiation.. LOL :w00t: Limited fruit will be a good maintenance plan for me so that darn carb monster doesnt come back........ I am really wanting to take these PT Lessons forward to help me meet my goal weight.

This morning I weighed in at 214 lbs!!!! Yea!!

THE 5 DAY Pouch Test has help me BREAK THE PLATEAU!!!

Now it is my job to keep it going!

First lesson- eat when HUNGERY HUNGERY not just little hungery.

Lesson #2- make every bite count- PROTIEN (mmmmmm FISH)

Lesson 3- use the timer to tell me when it is ok to drink again ( 64 oz/day takes time but not 30min before and after eating) I was breaking this big time washing the food right past the band...

Lesson 4- 5 bites chewwed well (I let myself eat 5 bites and then set the timer to have my Water then I can eat for another 30 minutes but by then I usually forget I was hungery, atleast until my stomach reminds me) Then we are back at #1

EAT TO LIVE ~ DONT LIVE TO EAT

Keeping busy with the kids is a great distraction.

I would like to do a 5 day pouch test once a month to help keep these lessons real. Would anyone else like to use the 5 d pt as a maintenance tool monthly with me?

I am thinking the first monday of every month starting the 5 day PT. Gearing up for a sucessful month!

Hi Lovinglapbandliving!

I am just starting the 5-day pouch diet today....I would love to join you and do this once a month! I need to be accountable! I was banded Nov. 08 and have only lost 36.5lbs...I could be so much further along but haven't been following the bandster rules very well!!! A little disappointed in myself, but whatever...I'm not gaining, just stagnant! Anyway, I'm hoping this will give me the kick start that I need!

The first of the month works for me! I go on vacation September 26th through October 3rd...so I won't be able to start until I get back from my cruise....would you mind waiting until the 3rd to start??? If not, no biggie...I just start when I get back and we can keep tabs on each other!

Looking forward to doing this with you...and whoever else wants to join us!!!

I started the 5 day pouch test yesterday. Made it through yesterday, today is much more difficult. Any suggestions? I want food, but I want to see the results of this test more. I am STARVING!

I'm now on day 3 and feeling much better. Looking forward to Friday and the results of this test.