Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Celebrate !!!!!

I had a great NSV today! :cursing:

My 11 yr old niece came to spend a couple of days with me since we are both on break. We haven't seen each other since Christmas Eve. The minute she saw me, she stopped dead in her tracks and said, "Whoa! You got skinny!" :thumbup:

Congratulations on your success, Sweetbean! I love the honesty of children, especially when it is such a positive compliment! :thumbup:

My 7-year old Son used to come running at me with his arms held out as wide as possible to give me a hug and bounce off my very big belly. Now, it just warms my heart that he holds his arms about 18 inches apart and slowly walks towards me with a big smile, saying how skinny I am now, and how I fit in his little arms. He doesn't want to bounce against me because he thinks it will still hurt me from my surgery 10 months ago (lol).

Way to go you guys!

I finally made my 50lb goal. It's very encouraging even if it's slow in coming.

I had the same experience this week end when I saw exteded family I had not seen in awhile. The positive comments are great to hear. It really makes you want to keep going.

Congratulations on the 50lbs, Rebecca! That's awesome :smile2:

I celebrated my birthday this past weekend, and it was the first time I have been within a somewhat 'normal' weight range. It feels SO GOOD!!!! My Husband and family members gave me money towards a new wardrobe. On Monday, my Husband and I spent the day together to Celebrate while our kids were in school. We went to lunch and to see a movie, and then he went clothes shopping with me. He actually wanted to see me try on dresses. I have never taken a male with me clothes shopping. I snuck him into the Women's dressing room stall, and tried on several dresses - size 12 - all of them fit and my Husband had the biggest grin of admiration on his face :) - it was a Julia Roberts 'Pretty Woman' moment for me - just an incredible moment between my Husband and I that I will treasure forever! It's so true - NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!!!

Momadot,

That's so cool! What a great b-day plus a great experience w/your husband!

It's a lot of fun to shop when you try smaller sizes :smile2: I love it~!

Aw, congratulations, everyone! What fun and exciting NSVs!!!! :biggrin::hurray::)

I saw someone today who I hadn't seen in a year. He didn't recognize me, even though I was talking to him. I didn't let on b/c I wanted to see him squirm, trying desperately to figure out who this woman was. LOL :mad:

A new NSV today -- my surgeon's nurse told me that I was their most successful patient ever! Wheee! :( Then the surgeon asked me to speak at an upcoming support group meeting. That would be a little weird, since I go to those meetings anyhow, but we'll see.

How 'bout the rest of you? I know there are some NSVs out there just waiting to be shared!! :(

You will make an awesome and inspiring speaker, Ann! Congratulations on your amazing success! You worked hard and to be recognized as your Surgeon's most successful patient is truly an honor you are so deserving of!!!

Last month my best friend and I were asked to participate in an ad campaign as success stories for the PSJMC Bariatric Wellness program in L.A.. A few weeks ago we participated in a 3-hour photo shoot. I thought it would be more of a local campaign. Last night at my sons’ t-ball game, one of the mothers came up to me and said she saw my picture in Newsweek (a national publication). I didn’t believe her (as I hadn't been informed anything had gone out yet), so I went to a few stores and finally found a Newsweek. Sure enough, our pictures were dead center in a special advertising section featuring the best Bariatric Surgeons in LA. This one didn’t identify us, but future mailers and marketing materials may include some personal info and our hideous ‘before’ photos. We had a blast doing this! So, if you’re at a store with magazines, check out the middle section of this week’s Newsweek (dated 4/26 and titled in large yellow text ‘Don’t Mess with Texas’) I always dreamed of being in a before/after photo, and I'm so excited that it has happened!!!

Wow, Ann and Mamadot, You are both super stars! That's exciting for both of you.

My latest NSV is that I had forgotten about my old rings from many years ago. They all fit again. It's like getting all new jewelry. Gaye

Wow, Mamadot, that is sooooo cool!!!:biggrin::biggrin: Can I have your autograph??? :wub:

And Gaye, how exciting is that to find new jewelry in your own home!!! :w00t: Same thing happened to me, but I didn't like any of it anymore. LOL :lol: It was still fun, though.

Way to go ladies!!!. I kinda had one last week. But I'm actually still kind of irritated at the person lol..... I had a n old friend come over to visit, and as soon as I opened the door her JAW DROPPED, and was like "Holy SH*T SA! YOU LOOK JUST LIKE YOU DID IN HIGH SCHOOL, and you have like the cutest figure ever!" Very much a compliment, much appreciated, but holding a grudge lol.... My second NSV this week was I had had a suit jacket dry cleaned in the fall, just because I was cleaning out my closet, it hadn't fit me in a good 2 years. It was warm but chilly here in NYC last wednesday so I decided what the heck, let me see if I can get into it yet.... Slipped on like a glove! only problem though I still can't button it, But hey, It looks adorable open with a nice scarf around my neck!!!!!! WTG everyone!

Way to go ladies!!!. I kinda had one last week. But I'm actually still kind of irritated at the person lol..... I had a n old friend come over to visit, and as soon as I opened the door her JAW DROPPED, and was like "Holy SH*T SA! YOU LOOK JUST LIKE YOU DID IN HIGH SCHOOL, and you have like the cutest figure ever!" Very much a compliment, much appreciated, but holding a grudge lol.... My second NSV this week was I had had a suit jacket dry cleaned in the fall, just because I was cleaning out my closet, it hadn't fit me in a good 2 years. It was warm but chilly here in NYC last wednesday so I decided what the heck, let me see if I can get into it yet.... Slipped on like a glove! only problem though I still can't button it, But hey, It looks adorable open with a nice scarf around my neck!!!!!! WTG everyone!

Sarah, those are both awesome! :smile: I would totally take the first one as a compliment and nothing else! :thumbup::biggrin::smile:

Three words: Skinny. jeans. today. :smile:

Three words: Skinny. jeans. today. :smile:

:blink: AWESOME.... In the same realm as you.

Had to put a belt on (3rd notch albeit). It's time to get rid of the old Navy 12's.

May sound silly ---but --- I can finally Hula Hoop! I must have lost just enough off my hips to keep that darn thing up for about 40 rounds! :smile: