Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Celebrate !!!!!

On the Way, that's awesome! Pretty soon, you won't be shopping at Avenue anymore. Keep up the great work! :(

I have a really great NSV today. I wore size Large scrubs to work and they fit great. They were not even tight! I have gone from a size 2X tight scrubs .... then 1X ..... now Large ................on my way to MEDIUM !!!

Way to go Humming Bird. I hope to join you with a size large. It is taking me awhile longer, but I know I will make it eventually.

Way to go, Humming Bird! :):thumbup::frown:

I had a strange NSV the other day that I never realized was weight-related! I walked my son to school in the snow, and when I walked back home, I noticed that my footprints from earlier were straight, not splayed out to the side like a duck. All my life I was a tiny bit embarrassed about how my footprints showed how my feet went way out to the sides. But they don't now. It must have been from all the weight! Who knew?! :w00t:

That's so cool, Ann! I was just thinking the other night how badly my heels and ankles would hurt, and how I have had no pain for months. And my shoe size has dropped one full size - from 9.5 to 8.5. :)

On my lunch break today I went shopping and I fit in and bought a pair of Route 66 'Skinny Jeans' in a regular size at a regular store. OMG - I think I will sleep in them tonight. The legs looked so slender, I didn't think there was any way I would fit (I've always had thunder thighs) but I did - and I didn't have to stuff myself into them like a sausage - they are really comfortable and fit well. I think I'm going to sleep in them tonight (LOL)

Edited by Mamadot

Mamadot, skinny jeans? WOOOOOHOOO!!! :biggrin::) Did you sleep in them?? :wink: That is awesome.

My latest NSV is that I'm in a size 10, even though the scale isn't moving. :tongue: Yipee!

WOW - Size 10 - CONGRATULATIONS ANN!!!! That is my dream size that I haven't seen since I started high school. I'm so impressed! My best friend (who had the Lap Band with me and started as a similar size/weight) and I went clothes shopping yesterday. We held up a pair of size 22 jeans (I was actually up to a size 24), and couldn't believe the difference when we both easily slipped on size 14. We were both giddy with excitement and had the best day!!! When we get into a 10, it will be fun to see the difference from a 14. I was at an outlet store this weekend, and saw a cute sweater in a regular size large. It looked too small (no dressing rooms) and there were no XL's. I liked it so much, I bought the large, thinking I would fit into it some day. Well, I was looking for something warm to wear to work this morning, tried it on, and it FIT! A regular size large - I was in a 3X - I have that giddy feeling again :smile2:

I know -- I love the giddy feeling!!! :smile2: I was a 22, and I should have saved a pair of those jeans to compare, but in a fit of closet cleaning, I gave everything away right before new year's.

I buy most of my clothes at the thrift store still, because I don't want to spend a lot of money on things I'm outgrowing. (Plus, this thrift store has a lot of nice things -- many with the tags still on!) But, this thrift store won't let you try on things, so I am always guessing if something will fit. I have often bought something that I like, knowing that I will get to it eventually, and it is so exciting when that day comes! :tongue:

One day I bought something in the thrift store that was from Chicos, which has different sizing. I had no idea what their sizing chart is, so I just eyeballed it and brought home these nice black slacks in a size 1. Well, turns out a Chicos size 1 is an 8! :w00t: They are snug around my hips (I'm a classic pear), but I was able to wear them to a party recently with a long sweater that covered up the tight spots. :tongue:

I think I'll tell people now that I can fit into a size 1. LOL:wink:

LOVE the Chico sizing :thumbup: You have every right to say you are wearing a size 1!!! (Hey, the actual size 8 is pretty amazing!!!!!!) Isn't it crazy what the numbers on the clothes and scales mean to us? I love the brands that are more generous in their sizing - If I could find a larger size 12 - I would be thrilled!!! And then I find XL tops that I think actually mean 'Extra Long/Lean' not 'Extra Large' - they're super narrow and long - that's so discouraging! Give me a roomy 'Large' and I'm a happy gal!

I agree, Mamadot, finding those brands that are a bit roomier is wonderful! I've found that Liz Claiborne, Tommy Hilfiger, and Gloria Vanderbilt are all a bit roomier. And, of course, like I said, Chicos. :)

I wore size 9 jeans yesterday!!! :tongue: In public!!! :thumbup: Wheeeeee! That's the size I wore in high school! I was on cloud 9. :biggrin:

SpideyMom-

Congrats! That's so fabulous!

My sizes are still changing. . . I'm very curvy, so I think a 12 is my goal size, but it will be a sweet day when I get there!

I see you are NEARLY at 100 down, that's so cool!

Lisa

Thanks, Lisa! I'm wearing the jeans to work today and really feel great! You'll get to that size 12! Keep up the great work! :sad::w00t:

My weight keeps fluctuating between a few pounds. I think it's time for an adjustment! I have an appointment next week, but my Dr. is kind of conservative, so I'm not sure if he'll give me a fill yet or not.

I'm working out more than ever, definitely feeling good! I just bought 2 new pair of jeans, smaller size than I expected!

I went in to my primary care physician on Friday and she took me off the other half blood pressure pill I was still taking (down slowly from 2 pills/day). It's so thrilling to no longer have hypertension.

Also, I went in to my band doc today and I got a fill and he changed my goal weight to 162, which is 22 #'s higher than my former goal, so I am only 15 #'s away from his goal (17 #'s from my own goal).

Yipee!