Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Celebrate !!!!!

Way to go, Sarah! Don't worry, you'll be buttoning that suit jacket in no time! :cursing::thumbup::scared2:

OK - this is such a minor, silly thing, but I LOVE my shadow!!! I have to walk back and forth outside between buildings at my work each day. Before I started this journey, I noticed how HUGE and unshapely my shadow had become. For some reason that got to me even more than looking at myself in the mirror! Well, now that I'm over 1/2 way to goal, I love looking at my much-smaller shadow that actually resembles a woman's shape!

Another NSV - we have a 'cuddle' chair (oversized lounger), that my husband and two sons could fit in fine together. When I would sit next to my husband or my two sons, It was a very tight, uncomfortable fit, and when I would get up, the whole chair would lean forward and slam back and I would about launch whoever was still sitting there. Now I easily and comfortably fit with my husband or both sons, and the chair stays in place when I get up and they stay seated.

Those are great! I will have to check out my shadow -- lol. I hadn't paid attention. And I love the one about the chair not tipping. That's awesome.:(

I noticed the other day that I can cross my legs all the way now! Cannot remember the last time I was able to do that. :scared2:

OK - this is such a minor, silly thing, but I LOVE my shadow!!! I have to walk back and forth outside between buildings at my work each day. Before I started this journey, I noticed how HUGE and unshapely my shadow had become. For some reason that got to me even more than looking at myself in the mirror! Well, now that I'm over 1/2 way to goal, I love looking at my much-smaller shadow that actually resembles a woman's shape!

I was actually too embarassed to write that same exact thing. the first time it happend I looked behind me to see if there was someone there because this couldn't possibly be me. Way to go mama!!!

Ann... FABULOUS feeling isn't it way to go

Ditto on the crossing legs business! I couldn't cross right over left but now I can both right over left and left over right!!! :thumbup: LOL Seems funny but I sit with my legs crossed so much more now. I even find myself sitting on the couch hugging my knee's - who'd have ever thought that was going to be possible?!?!? :(

There's this notch right below my knee cap that I never knew existed until yesterday. I've always been overweight, I never had it! I love touching it now.

My Mom also deliberately bought me a pair of pants that were too tight, against my wishes. Her idea was that buying a pair that actually fit would be a waste of money and my fear was that it would be a waste of money anyway since I might never be small enough to wear them. They were only one size too small, people XD. But yesterday I discovered they fit... and proceeded to do a happy dance around the room. My poor room mate!

Edited by Erin Marie

Being able to wrap an average size towel around me! Sounds silly, but it's something that kinda shocked me-- it's been a long time!

Lisa

What awesome things are happening to all of us -- hooray!!! :thumbdown:

Lisa, ditto on the towels -- I love it! :thumbup:

Ditto on the crossing legs business! I couldn't cross right over left but now I can both right over left and left over right!!! :thumbdown: LOL Seems funny but I sit with my legs crossed so much more now. I even find myself sitting on the couch hugging my knee's - who'd have ever thought that was going to be possible?!?!? :thumbup:

I find myself doing that too... while sitting in bed watching t.v or talking to the dh... LOL I'm actually doing it right now.

The DH also noticed that I'm not complaining about my hip as much (for those of you that don't know, I have severe hip arthritis from an injury) and the snoring has almost eliminated itself.....

Being able to wrap an average size towel around me! Sounds silly, but it's something that kinda shocked me-- it's been a long time!

Lisa

LOL!!!! That happened to me last week too... I always tell a friend of mine... "it's the little things" that make me happy! :thumbdown:

My winter bath robe fits so much better than last year. Some people who can't tell I have lost weight, but know something is different, tell me that my hair has really gotten long and pretty. Life is so much more comfortable now. GB

Ya know, Gaye, it always gets me that people can't tell that we've lost weight. Hello?? I hear the, gee, have you lost a little weight? Your face looks thinner. A little? Try almost 80 lbs. I've also heard the new haircut, new glasses, and get this -- a face lift!! LOL

My latest NSV is that I am able to wear a pair of Levis 505 red tab jeans again! I haven't worn those since I was in high school! OMG! :thumbup:

Hey, all, it's time for more NSVs! Especially if you're feeling down after the holidays. Good time to remember the non-scale victories.

I went to have a medical test done recently and the nurse gave me a regular size gown! I was so happy!! :frown: I always hated how the nurses would look me up and down, then go to the other shelf to get the big gowns. And then, even worse, if the big gowns didn't close... ooh. :rolleyes:

Also! I have very fat hands and big fingers (look at Rosie O'Donnell's hands, and those are mine), but I can now see the bones in my hands!!! For years, if I made a fist, my knuckles didn't stand out. Now I can see them again! Wheee! :frown: This is a very big thing for me, because I got teased about it when I was in grade school, and it always stuck with me.

So... let's hear some of your good news! :)

Great Idea - my funniest one, my son is 27 and developmentally disabled.. he was helping my husband and I put a tarp on our camper for the winter yesterday. He looked down at me and said Mom you are definitely shrinking, and I don't mean you are too short, because you have always been short. Made me laugh.

Went shopping this weekend needed some new clothes, braved black Friday, went to buy some new sweats in the womans section, even 1X's were too big, went to the misses section and tried an XL and it fit with plenty of room, not quite in the L yet but that felt good.

OTW, I love that story about your son's comment! LOL:tongue: And isn't it wonderful to go clothes shopping now? :smile: