Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July Bandsters out there?

Oh my gosh, I'm 5 days post op, I had surgery on the 13th, and I have an announcement to make! Ready for it?.....really, are you? Ok, here it goes....... I POOPED, I POOPED, I POOPED!!!! Yup, you heard me, and yes I yell it from the roof tops! I feel soooooooo much better. Was wondering if I would ever poop again! lol Gross I know, but we're all friends! love to everyone and happy POOPing! hehehehehehehehehe

I feel you, honey! I was banded on a Tuesday, and I went when I got home that day but not again until Saturday. I used to go several times a day, so I thought I was gonna die not going. It was quite a relief!

I will be banded July 24 in Houston, TX by Dr. Ken Hollis. I started the pre-op diet on July 8 and I've turned down Cookies, meals, brownies, donuts, and cake... all in my own office since that day!

Yesterday I watched John Tucker Must Die and there is a point where he chows down on a Hershey Bar (my destruction of choice) and that was the first time I missed chocolate!

I am already down 17 pounds, so hopefully that means my liver will be ready for surgery!

Diet: I'm on a two Protein shake, one lean meat with veggies meal, & one fruit a day plan. This has been a decent experience so far, and I look forward to making further progress post-surgery.

So, what is the July bandster group name, anyway?

Our name seems to be either Freedom Fighters or

July Jewels. I've seen both in signatures. One day we actually might make a decision and do one or the other or we can do both.

Good luck with your surgery...sounds like you are on the right path.

ee:thumbup:

Hi all,

Debster you are the first person that I have seen being banded the same day as me!!! Hooray for July 27th:smile:. I will think of you early that morning.....I have to be at the hospital at 6:15:eek:!! Let me know how it goes for you.

Deb I know it was disappointing to have the date changed, especially if you had to do another day of liquid diet... Just wanted to wish you all the best..keep us posted.

Amy, I don't know how I missed it before, but I just noticed that you are from Arkansas. Me too. I live in the northwest part of the state near Harrison! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and look forward to hearing from you. I just read your last post, and know what you mean about second guessing and then realizing that all those diets before have failed. Guess we all know we are doing what we have to do to be healthy for the rest of our lives, but that doesn't keep the last minute jitters away.

I am sure we will all be just fine and so glad we chose this route to a better future. Good luck to us all:thumbup:

Hello!! Well can I join the July group too? LOL My surgery is this Friday the 24th!! I have to be in at 5:30 A.M.!! eek.gif I am so nervous and excited. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! LOL!!

I am scared to death to be honest. In addition to the lap band he is going to fix my very nasty umbilical hernia. It has been killing me for months, and I'm tired of the pain!

I was supposed to be counting carbs for the last 3 months... I'm not going to lie... I didn't. :smile: I only lost maybe 5 pounds, and have only myself to blame. However, now I'm down to zero hour practically, and I've been good as gold with my diet since last week. (Bad me, I know). :Dancing_wub: I pray it's not too little too late. I have a horrific fear of having a liver the size of Texas and my doctor not doing the band. :Dancing_wub: Could my one week of being really really good make any kind of difference?

I'm on Clear liquids for 2 days before the surgery. I'm giving myself an extra day of liquids so hopefully that will help.

*breathing in and out of a paper bag*

I'll be happy when this surgery is over with! LOL!!

Edited by LemonPOPtart

@DianaG ........ I have to be there at 5:30 am. The latest I can get up and get there on time is 4:30. 4:30!!! Insane! LOL

I am scheduled to stay the night, as a 23 hour short stay for observation. Hopefully soon after I'll be home and can write my experience so far....

Hello!! Well can I join the July group too? LOL My surgery is this Friday the 24th!! I have to be in at 5:30 A.M.!! eek.gif I am so nervous and excited. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! LOL!!

I am scared to death to be honest. In addition to the lap band he is going to fix my very nasty umbilical hernia. It has been killing me for months, and I'm tired of the pain!

I was supposed to be counting carbs for the last 3 months... I'm not going to lie... I didn't. :) I only lost maybe 5 pounds, and have only myself to blame. However, now I'm down to zero hour practically, and I've been good as gold with my diet since last week. (Bad me, I know). :thumbup: I pray it's not too little too late. I have a horrific fear of having a liver the size of Texas and my doctor not doing the band. :sneaky: Could my one week of being really really good make any kind of difference?

I'm on Clear Liquids for 2 days before the surgery. I'm giving myself an extra day of liquids so hopefully that will help.

*breathing in and out of a paper bag*

I'll be happy when this surgery is over with! LOL!!

We are going to be banded the same day! :bored: But you're lucky because I still don't have the time of the surgery yet. I was told I will get a call tomorrow. Sorry you are on full liquids, ugh. I can say I followed my pre-op diet fairly well. The only cheating may have involved one or two extra bits of Protein and extra veggies. I think since I have lost 17 pounds since july 8, my liver should be lean as you please.

:thumbup:I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I went and bought nectar Protein today for later after the surgery. I have to seriously stick to the liquids Wednesday and Thursday, and for the few days following. Funny how different surgeons have different instructions. :)

I called the Weight Loss Counselor at my doctors office, and she said that even a week makes a really big difference in the size of your liver. So that makes me feel a lot better. She also told me not to touch those Protein drinks until I'm at the 'phase' where I can have them. I told her I am just really anxious and want to do the right thing! :thumbup:

Losing 4 Life, good luck to you also! :sneaky: :bored:

I'm finally on the other side! Was banded yesterday.

I had a not so good reaction to the anesthesia and was sick as a dog when we left the surgical center. Had to stop the car so I could throw up - was not a pretty site.

I'm feeling so much better today, just sore at the incision sites and a little gas pain that doesn't seem to want to come out!

Good luck to all of you who are having surgery today or tomorrow!

I'm finally on the other side! Was banded yesterday.

I had a not so good reaction to the anesthesia and was sick as a dog when we left the surgical center. Had to stop the car so I could throw up - was not a pretty site.

Sorry you had to suffer some after that, maybe they should've kept you at the surgery center a bit longer for the nauseating effects to wear off some. I'm glad to hear you are really only a little sore because that bodes well for me. I'm famiiar with the gas pain, as I had it twice; once with a c-section & another time I had my gallbladder removed.

Good luck to you!

I'm getting banded on the 27th at 7:30 am! Woohoo! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time!

I went and bought nectar Protein today for later after the surgery. I have to seriously stick to the liquids Wednesday and Thursday, and for the few days following. Funny how different surgeons have different instructions. :eek:

I called the Weight Loss Counselor at my doctors office, and she said that even a week makes a really big difference in the size of your liver. So that makes me feel a lot better. She also told me not to touch those Protein Drinks until I'm at the 'phase' where I can have them. I told her I am just really anxious and want to do the right thing! :)

Losing 4 Life, good luck to you also! :) :laugh:

Nector is my favorite!!!!!

It's been a week and a half and I need a freaking fill! My swelling has gone down and I'm hungry. I'm scheduled for my first fill on the 11th of August. :thumbup:

Mine is July 31

I don't regret this decision it is the right one, but I am scared. I hate being put to sleep.

Oh well, good luck everyone.

Sheri

Little2Be and amethyst_moonbow, good luck to both of you!! :laugh:

knrpick~ Wow...a fill so soon? I wonder if that's the normal thing. I have no clue!! Let us know how it goes. Makes me wonder how soon I'll need one! :)

Bunz1969~ Congrats on your surgery!! I am sorry to hear you were sick afterward. I always have the same problem... and I did tell them about it. I hope they remember! *crosses fingers*

Mercy me! Tomorrow is my big day. I am nervous but excited. :eek: I have to be in at 5:30 am! :) See y'all on the "other side"!! :thumbup:

LemonPOPtart - fingers are crossed for you not to have any sickness afterward!

After talking to the follow up care nurse, we think it was because of the surgeon taking my gallbladder out first and some bile leaking back into my stomach. Ugh.

See you on the other side! :thumbup:

LemonPopTart the greatest of good luck wishes. I hope it is fast, and sick free. Take good care