Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excuses, Excuses

You can't control what's served at someone else's house, but wait a minute, D -- aren't you throwing some of those parties? So how about offering some decent bandster cuisine? You can still dish out the high-cal goodies, but I bet a lot of guests will thank you for having some healthy options available. Then the eating choice is up to you. BTW, this definitely falls in the "Do as I say, not as I do" advice category.

I only logged in for 2 minutes because I've neglected my job duties all week. I scanned these and plan to print them out and make my very own inspiration book with pictures to keep at work. Wow, I only power-read through them, but I can't believe what you guys give me. This place still amazes me.

I'm having the same problem. I fell off the wagon and desperately need to get back on....I keep telling myself I can't have a baby w/all this extra weight so I have to lose it before I allow myself to get preggers and i'm ready now now now. I even bought a Pilates dvd about 4 weeks ago...it's still in the plastic wrap *sigh* :(

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL"!!!

Ray

8/9/05

280/259/180

Fort Worth, TX

YES! YES I AM!!!! Season opener is tonight and then Sunday....GO COWBOYS!!!!! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. When it starts getting colder, there's nothing like being curled up on the couch with a hot mug of apple cider, fireplace going and watching football! ACK! I love it!

Motorcycles...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Sounds like my life. We both (me and the BF) love the bikes, parties, our rock bands, school, and work like mad too! How will all this work with the band? I dunno. But it has to. Hmmm...in a band, with a band. LOL :(

Well, I think that Crystal hits the heart of it, but as far as baby steps go...

At these things there's always the one tray of vegetables that no one touches... be the person who touches it! Also, give yourself some credit if you realize that you haven't had the amount of something you *could* have had. Positive re-enforcment is always good. I had 2 or 3 'servings' of chips while I was at a bbq this past weekend. 1. I was conscious of how much I was eating, 2. it was WAY less than I could have done, but I stopped eating when I didn't want anymore. I actually REALIZED I didn't want anymore, and then LISTENED to my body. 3. I stopped munching on them way before dinner, so I had a good bandster like meal. This thread is about you, not me, but I'm just saying that you should tally in your head the good things you do for yourself too, you know?

And like Zoe said, provide healthy food for everyone, and you are bound to have some yourself (if you are the one throwing the shindig).

:(

All of this stuff is great advice! My personal recommendation would be to have a regular meal prior to the party, and then have a big Water bottle and challenge myself to have it empty by the time the party is over. Before having any scrumptious bite, 10 deep long draws on the water bottle.< /p>

By that time, someone will have asked you a question or you will be on to your next demo item, and you'll have forgotten all about the food in front of you... :(

Plan, plan, plan. Everything is harder until it becomes a habit.

I also have to say I love Megan's attitude - girl, you sound like you are having the time of your life!! And your advice on the adult content thread! I've got to try that eye contact thingy... lol :D

Okay, here I am! Now that the Bash is behind me, I want to Iron out some problems. Yes, Zoe, I plan a lot of parties, but ask the gals at the bash how much food there was here. Geeze, I don't think anyone ate anything cause I still have a fridge full. I don't only eat obsessive, I shop obsessive, plan obsessive, and cook obsessive. It took a large amount of strength to stick with a 40 item salad bar when I promised a 30, cause once I started shopping I was headed for 50 items. I forced myself to put things back (oh, it was awful!)

All these suggestions were great. As far as exercise, that's never been an issue. Remember, I'm an alien and enjoy my sweaty routine. My dogs don't allow me to sit on the couch - they want their leashes... now!

Donali, my Slumber Parties aren't a problem, they are a solution. I don't eat or drink when I'm working other than bottled Water, and I bring a truckload of product with me. Carrying all the enormous, heavy bins, setting up, constant standing and movement for several hours (packing orders) then breaking down the display and reloading the car, then loading it back in the house is more than a workout. I have two parties booked this week, and my big goal for the week is to eat dinner before I go, drink my Water during, then hit the sack without eating a morsel. If I can make it through one night like that.

I'm also on the wagon. No booze for six months starting today. Back to water therapy.

We each know our personal strengths and downfalls, and we all know what our own bodies personally need. My big ol' bod craves fresh, raw veggies. My belly burns, my throat is dry and clogged, my entire system feels gross. My morning shakes and big raw salads with lean meats is what my bod needs. That's what I want to give it.

So, tomorrow is a new day. No more soda. No more booze, and lots of water & fresh veggies. No eating after 7:00 p.m., and that's about all anyone should have to commit to.

Thanks. Wish me luck.

So, tomorrow is a new day. No more soda. No more booze, and lots of Water & fresh veggies. No eating after 7:00 p.m., and that's about all anyone should have to commit to.

That sounds like A LOT to commit to, Lisa! How about just the no more soda and No more booze parts, to start? The others might be easier once you've started with numbers 1 and 2, but give yourself a short break if you can't do them ALL at once. Good luck!!

Okay, here I am! Now that the Bash is behind me

Me too!

Today is a brand new day and the start of getting back on track. Summer is over the bash is behind me. I got on the scale this morning to see the damage from the weekend and I was amazed I lost 1 lb ((How the hell did that happen?))

My goals are similar to Lisa's

Except for the sodas and booze part, No more chocolate lots of Water, lots of Protein and less carbs and no eating after 6:30 for me. I can do this!!

I am always interested in food I want to be healthier and look good but on the other hand its is so annoying that everyday I have to think about food choices I only have had the band 3 months and I don't eat right everyday. I can say i don't drink any carbonated beverages and rarely eat bread. Were addicted to food and thats our weakness and it is a constant battle.

Crap. I suppose I should really recommit too. Except the booze part. I'm not ready to give up the wine yet.

Lisa- what is your reward going to be for each of these goals?

My goals for this week ( I need really short goals or I get frustrated)

drink at least 4 glasses of Water a day (so, I only do about two now so that's a good start)

no eating after 7

My reward: new clothes this weekend!

Thanks for getting the momentum going Lisa!

Megan

Hey, I need some advice. I'm a new bandster, aug.24th, 05, and I got stuck on mashed potatoes on the mushie stage and actually gained 4 lbs. HELP!! I did not make good choices it looks like. I want to go down not up. If someone has so info to help me, I would be soooo thankful. I go for my first fill Sept.26th. Rgiht now I feel like I can eat tooo much. A few days after the band was put in I felt really restricted, now I feel like I did before. Please tell me the fill will help... Thanks for listening.... Joyce

Hi,

I get my first fill on September 26, too!!!! I was just "promoted" to solids today.

I truely feel that their are plenty of "good" choices to make when in the mushies stage....basicly I ate things like: eggs w/cheese, tuna salad, refried Beans with light sour cream, avocado, cheese, shepard's pie (made with canned veggies since they are really mushy and ground turkey which was ground to almost nothing!!), lots of yogurt (try Dannon's Light n' Fit Creamy....yummy), sugar free pudding....

Remember mashed potatos are all carbs....no Protein....try to always eat your Protein first and half the time you'll never got to the starchs.

Don't get discouraged with a tiny gain after starting mushies....lots of people gain when they start this stage.

YOU CAN DO IT, JOYCE....

Alex is right. I'm amending my committment to no booze for 6 months, and no eating after dinner. Yesterday I had one Coke and ate past pain. This is awful. Life shouldn't be so hard.

Please remind me that I don't drink alcohol. I have gone 2 full weeks without a drink, then during my 2nd glass of wine I'll whack myself upside the head because I forget I quit.

Today is Day 3 of no booze. I have to remind myself not to drink.