Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Bunnies with Band Dates; April 19 - 25, '09!

how do I make one of those tickers and what does the Quote and Multi button do? Thanks!!!

Bunny Bandsters logo HERE then go to post #128. Weight loss ticker below. Quote will bring up that person's post like I've done with yours above. Multi you can click on several posts then click on reply and that will bring up several posts like I've done here.

BTW, what is Isopure?

Good luck tomorrow! Isopure is a fruity (also choc. & vanilla I think) Protein drink the premade ones are clear in a bottle and the powder (need to buy the low carb version) turns out foamy like a smoothy. It's a good one because it's very high in the right kind of Protein (whey isolate- body absorbs it easiest). GNC has them.

There's a ticker tutorial right here on LBT with pictures...have fun!

Click HERE

Edited by Band_Groupie

Thursday April 23, 2009.

This will be a replacement band for me. I was initially banded in 2004, lost 36lb (25kg). Started gaining weight and feeling no restriction early 2009. Had barium swallow that revealed my pouch had expanded in size, which is a common complication, especially if you are one of those people who "push the limits". Seems like I am one of them! My surgeon is using a different band - a Lapband APS (Advanced Platform small). I'm first cab off the rank and have to be at the hospital at 7.30am for 8.30am op. Last time I was quite nervous and tearful going in, but hopefully I'll be better this time. Currently my weight is 87kg (212lb) (my lowest weight being 71kg, 156lb), my highest weight being 96kg (192lb). Without the band I know that my weight will just increase and balloon - if I CAN eat, I do. I'll check in here again in a couple of days with an update.

:smile::w00t::)

Well, we've only got 4 more dates of bandings this month. How are all you late April Banders doing. Had mine Wed. and I had a few minor surprises, but everything went well (read blog link below Tues-today if you want details). My tummy is super sore 48 hours out...hope things start turning the corner tomorrow. I took a laxative today (nothing happening yet) just as a preventative as I've been reading about everyone else's 'stoppage'.

I'm having trouble getting in enough liquids and every once in a while I forget, grab my glass and GULP- Ouch...still makes me smile though...it's great to have that reminder. I know we'll all be in bandster hell soon enough, but just remember this feeling of restriction will be coming back again after a few fills...patience.

Anyone else have to do 3 weeks of thin liquids (the thickest things I get are skim milk, SF popsicles and SF Jello, other than that it's broth and SF drinks...that's it)? I'm going to be starving here soon.

Gas comes and goes, but at least it's not constant and I haven't had the referred shoulder pain yet.

How is everyone?

I had surgery on Tuesday. It was a pretty rough experience. I usually tolerate pain well and have had surgery before, but this was just horrible. Gas pains were BAD but today I woke up and actually felt better.

My doc seems to have a very loose nutrition plan, but I can tell you right now that there is no way I could last on Clear Liquids for 3 weeks. My little brochure says 2 weeks of thin liquids, watered down plain yogurt being the thickest thing. I am already so weak feeling. I feel like all I can do is sleep. Im actually having pretty bad hunger pains right now so I guess its time for some broth. I cant really tell if I feel full or not. I cant really tell if I feel anything.

I'm so excited to fly back to the states tomorrow and get myself some Protein shakes or something! My doc said Protein Shakes are fine after 5 days, so thats where I'll be.

I'm guessing by week 3 I'm going to be looking for some Protein too or I'll be fainting...maybe a watered down Protein Shake with 0 sugar wouldn't be too bad, we'll see.

I'm guessing by week 3 I'm going to be looking for some Protein too or I'll be fainting...maybe a watered down Protein shake with 0 sugar wouldn't be too bad, we'll see.

I was on Clear Liquids for almost 2 weeks I started using the Isopure Alpine Punch not the best tasting but it was OK and mixed with Water, I wasn't allowed milk, but you have to do it in a blender. Cream of chicken Soup never tasted so good after that period oh and the SF popsicles and fudgesicles (probably not allowed for me) reall helped.

my doc says if it goes through a straw easily it's fair game. i am eating a lot of yummy things that are thinned down. tonight is our family's pizza and a movie night. i used cottage cheese as my base added some feta, pizza sauce, oregano, italian herbs, crushed garlic, chicken, chicken broth and marinated artichokes. pureed it all down til it was thin and baked it off in a ramekin in the oven. haven't eaten it yet but it smells super yummy and hopefully will feel pizza-y. i am starting to get hungry so i am looking forward to dinner being ready. my husband also made me several other 'meals' following the same concept.

Thanks JT. I do have a canister of the Alpine Punch I bought. I'll see how long I can hold out before using it. I'm not allowed the fudgesicles either. Week 4 will be heaven...creamed soups!

Thin I can't have a mushy like your 'pizza' for awhile...sounds yummy!

Hello! I was banded on 4/22 and feeling great today! Haven't taken any meds since right before bed last night. I wake up a bit sore from the limited sleeping positions but nothing unmanageable! :smile2:

I came home on the pureed diet so I can have anything I can puree or anything the consistency of applesauce. I had chicken w/gravy in the hospital and it was delicious, first food in weeks after all! :w00t:

I haven't found any Protein Drinks that I like yet and am struggling with that. We're going to run to GNC today to try a few others and see what else is out there. nectar - Roadside Lemonade was disgusting. I can't bring myself to drink anything chocolate flavored since my pre-op diet was based on a chocolate milk-type shake.< /p>

Hope everyone's well!

I've been using the SF chocolate Syrup in my skim milk as it's my main source of calories/protein and I must drink 3, 8oz. glasses per day. I'm not a milk drinker so it's been a life saver (13 kcal per Tbs, 1/2 gr. protein).

Hi guys had my surgery on the 21st, I can't believe I did it. Goodluck to all of you going soon, it's not bad at all. liquid diet is the hard part really.

Hey all,

I had my band on Apr. 22nd, I've done well, but I did try some solid food too soon!! (Barf). I always have to push the limit. (such a hardhead), but I have lost 20lbs. to date since starting on the preop diet. ( I must have had a lot of Water on board). Good luck to all.

Here I go -- it is my turn!!! :unsure: :eek:

Wahoo!!! I am so glad the date is finally here -

I drank my last item 30 minutes ago -- :lol:

Wish me luck - :ohmy: