Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Bunnies with Band Dates; April 19 - 25, '09!

Hi, I am scheduled for April 22....excited but nervous. This is my first post and it will be great to have a group that is going through the same thing at the same time. Anyone else in Colorado?

Welcome to LBT pbailey! We have our own forum (this thread is in our forum) for people being banded in April- Click HERE. You can then go to 'forum tools' at the top of the first thread, then chose 'subscribe to this forum'. Now when you log in click on your 'User CP' and the April 09 Bandsters Forum will show up there. There's ppages of threads on all kinds of things you can get involved with; banding; weight loss, etc. or you can start your own threads. Glad to have you as a band buddy...I go in the 22nd also!

I can hardly wait!!!!

I know what you mean, I'm so nervous. Not about doing it or not, just nervous about the process. I know that I am going to be sooo much healthier,and I'm so excited about that.

Thanks for the help with my ticker, lol. I'm a computer dummy! lol

Hey AngieB! Glad to meet a band twin! Let me know how it goes.

This weekend has been the worst since I started down this road. I'm having horrific doubts and I've done terribly on my preop diet! I've blown it several times. All I want to do is eat. Then I wonder if I should be doing this seeing how I can't even follow the silly diet! ;) Then I think, I should have my head examined. $14,000 is a LOT of money!!! I took the check on Friday to pay and saw the surgery center. It's right across from the heart hospital, so I guess I will be in good hands if anything goes awry...ewww...too morbid. Anyway, I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. Work will take my mind off of everything and I'll just keep going. Counting down to the day seems to be the worst thing so far. The anticipation and self doubt is unbelievable!!!

Man! I wonder if I can have my preop calm-me-down meds NOW!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I can hardly sleep KMCD! ...nerves are normal....now recite with me "I'm going to my happy place...I'm going to my happy place"...

We'll get through this together!

Edited by Band_Groupie

Hey Everyone ,I very excited about getting my band done this tuesday (yee hee) I have two more days on my pre-op diet which is called the suga buster for me(no sweet). I very nerves that my liver want be shrunk even though I followed the diet to 2 a tee. I'll be so gald when this is all over. im sick of chicken and fish and veggie. eating healthy suck (lol) and it cost alot of money as well. other then that you guys just keep me in your prayer and i will do the same for yawl. i ready to eat real food again

Wow...there are more than a few of us getting banded on the 22nd.

I have been on clear liquids now for 5 days. I am hungry.

I had my filter placed last thursday and I am still sore in my groin.

Well....I just wanted to say Hi!

Wow...there are more than a few of us getting banded on the 22nd.

I have been on Clear Liquids now for 5 days. I am hungry.

I had my filter placed last thursday and I am still sore in my groin.

Well....I just wanted to say Hi!

What the heck is a 'filter'? ...And hello fello April 22nd band buddy!

Edited by Band_Groupie

Its an IVC filter that goes up your femoral vein into the superior vena cava (abdominal vein) to catch clots post op. You keep it in for 2 months.

My surgeon highly recomends it.

That sounds like a good idea...all I get is a doppler check on the legs before going home. I've been looking at this almost a year and I've never run into anyone with a filter...cool.

April 20th...Tommorrow...all I can think about is did my Liver shrink enought...the pressure of this is to much to bear..the thought of having to eat smaller portions for the rest of my life doesn't rattle me...just the though of the liver seems to send me in a frinzzzeee...lol did anyone else experience this...

Don't sweat the liver size too much. There are others here besides me without any pre-op diet...my doc doesn't require one for anyone, regardless of size and he's never not been able to do the surgery. Best Wishes!

how do I make one of those tickers and what does the Quote and Multi button do? Thanks!!!

My surgery is tomorrow (April 21st) (Yippee!) I am so nervous and scared but I don't wanna be fat anymore, so I cannot wait for my new life.

BTW, what is Isopure?

Good luck to everyone getting band this week.