Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Bunnies with Band Dates; April 19 - 25, '09!

Good luck mSan914. You're the same age as me. I'm 5 days post op now, my wounds are itching (healing), I'm tolerating yogurt and Fruche (do you have that in the US?, it's like slightly firmer set yogurt) and all fluids. I'm able to sleep fully on my side now (not on my back) and I am pretty comfortable. All the best to you. The days go fast! before you know it, it'll be 6 weeks post.

Done deal...two days post op and on liquids. Pain is minimal, gas is slowly going away with the walking. Two incisions that look great with steri-strips. Anyone else feeling good? :ohmy:

The July 4th challenge for the bunny bandsters starts tomorrow!! Don't forget to weigh yourself tomorrow so you have a starting weight and a target weight. If you haven't yet signed up but would like to participate, please go HERE.

How's everybody doing? I go for my 2 week check up this Friday - has anyone been yet? Do they do anything interesting?

Hi Lilith

I have my two week check-up on Thursday, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, lol. I go for my post op nutrition class today, hopefully I'll be doing mushies later today! I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday!

My 2-week post-op appt is next Tuesday. I am anxious to see what the scale says (I do NOT own a scale!!).

My clothes are starting to get a little loose - I do not feel ANY restriction with eating.

I am on the "mushy food" stage already, which seemed quick to me but the nurse okayed it. How is everyone else?

I am interested in hearing how the post-op visits are going with the docs.

Hi Lilith

I have my two week check-up on Thursday, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, lol. I go for my post op nutrition class today, hopefully I'll be doing mushies later today! I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday!

Cool, can't wait to hear how it goes! I don't think my doc has a post op nutrition class... of course I could be wrong, I think my body has started eating my brain because I can't get anything straight this week!

My 2-week post-op appt is next Tuesday. I am anxious to see what the scale says (I do NOT own a scale!!).

My clothes are starting to get a little loose - I do not feel ANY restriction with eating.

I am on the "mushy food" stage already, which seemed quick to me but the nurse okayed it. How is everyone else?

I am interested in hearing how the post-op visits are going with the docs.

You are probably better off without the scale - I drive myself crazy! I'm still liquid, which is fine but boring - I hate food commericals! They should all be banned!!! lol

What types of foods are you doing for the mushy stage?

mushy stage I am eating greek yougart (high in Protein and low in fat), cottage cheese, oatmeal, and anything that I can get smooth in my VITAMIX blender...lol

If anyone doesn't have a VITAMIX - all I can say is WOW, well worth the money (in my opinion). However, for less money the Bullet Blender I hear does well.

mushy stage I am eating greek yougart (high in Protein and low in fat), cottage cheese, oatmeal, and anything that I can get smooth in my VITAMIX blender...lol

If anyone doesn't have a VITAMIX - all I can say is WOW, well worth the money (in my opinion). However, for less money the Bullet Blender I hear does well.

I have to check that out - my blender sucks, lol. Somewhere in my paper work I read that egg salad (soft boiled) and tuna in light mayo were okay - I can't wait!

yup - I forgot to say eggs - I scramble them with some cheese. And yes, tuna and chicken salad - but with it blended really well. The nurse told me I could eat Peanut Butter too - but I don't care for it so I haven't tried it yet.

yup - I forgot to say eggs - I scramble them with some cheese. And yes, tuna and chicken salad - but with it blended really well. The nurse told me I could eat Peanut Butter too - but I don't care for it so I haven't tried it yet.

That all sounds great! I'm so tired of the Protein shakes, I know I'm not getting enough Protein, I've been trying to force at least one down each day.

I found the Isopure clear Protein Drink at GNC. For me, the Apple/Melon was best tasting. Each glass bottle contains 40g of Protein. This has helped me to get in the 70g of protein that the nutritionist indicated I should be consuming.

Are any of you still on a phase I diet? I've got a whole 3 weeks of SF clear liquids/skim milk ONLY, so I've got one more week of this (banded 4/22). Am I the only one from that week still on liquids only?

You are probably better off without the scale - I drive myself crazy! I'm still liquid, which is fine but boring - I hate food commericals! They should all be banned!!! lol

What types of foods are you doing for the mushy stage?

OMgoodness! I agree with you on the food commercials. I have a 16 month old, so most of the TV I watch comes from DVR after he is in bed. So I fast forward through those babies! :laugh:

Ya know what else I notice.....food billboards. I don't know if I paid that much attention to them before. We don't or hadn't been eating out much anyway, but now I see them and think grrrr. :cool2: Ha!

Not to mention that everything looks and smells better now too! How funny huh! When I hit the drinkable yogurt phase I was like YUM!