Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Bunnies with Band Dates; April 19 - 25, '09!

Or really, I should have said anyone getting banded the end of this month!

Woot! One week out now and I thought I'd start a thread for all of us getting banded next week so we can help each other through this initial period.

I'm doing a self-imposed pre-op diet since my doc doesn't require one (2 low carb Protein shakes and a healthy dinner). I go tomorrow for my pre-op physical (blood tests and I hear they can order a chest xray and EKG if needed...not sure why because the cardiologist did this already).

How are you doing? Getting excited? Scared?

Edited by Band_Groupie

I am getting super excited. I was making plans for this weekend and realized it was the last weekend before surgery, somehow it had slipped past me. So far it looks like a busy one. I am having surgery about 75 minutes from my house on tuesday early am so we are going up on monday. We took the kids to my last appt to show them the hospital and the hotel so they wouldnt be surprised. I am eager to get it going, I have been in limbo for so long the thought of having it over and being on the other side is thrilling.

Exactly how I feel Thin...too excited! I've been planning this since last Spring about this time!

Hi Guys! I'm going on 22nd April. I started my pre-op diet today. Had a bit of a wobble last night as I raced around the kitchen looking for one last something or other to eat! I felt a bit panicked. Had to just remind myself that I will be able to eat again soon.

Weighed myself this morning and measured every bit of me that I could think of. I hear that this is a good way to boost your confidence in weeks when the scales don't shift.

I can't quite believe I am doing it! Still having difficulty reconciling myself to it when I am trying to get to sleep! Not really feeling excited. Just hoping that everything will be alright.

Hi Early! We're Band Buddies/Twins! Have you done your pre-op physical yet? I know what you mean...I've been thinking about this going to sleep too. I checked in here last night before I went to bed and poor Hannahj914 was up and couldn't sleep...I sent her a PM...I know that will be me next week! So what did you pick for your last food (for awhile)?

I have to be at my physical early tomorrow...hope all goes well...you keep thinking something is going to go wrong huh (at least I do)?

Hi guys! Any band buddies out there for me? I'm on the 24th. Counting down like a wild cat! Today, I am super charged and ready to go. All the pieces of the puzzle are fitting together and I've got my eye on the prize...:thumbup:

WE CAN DO THIS!! Bunny Bandsters ROCK!:)

I am 12 days away and I'm also going to self-impose a pre-op regimen since I'm not required. I go for pre-op on the 17th. I don't think it has really set in yet. I'm excited, but it just doesn't seem real yet. Anyone else?

Hello, I go for surgery on the 20th and going crazy on the liquids but I'm more excited then scared now:) Its getting soo close and a part of me really did not think this would ever happen. Its great and terrible and scary and exciting and nerve racking and everything all at the same time.

Hi Everyone-

I am getting banded on April 28th............and I am on day 3 of the pre-op liquid diet.

yesterday was horrible - today is good - so I am hoping that tomorrow will be even better.

Anyone else with an April 28th date?

Hey guys! I have been reading many of the forums here and finally decided to post. It's great to know that there are other people out there going through the same emotions and feelings as I am. I am scheduled for surgery on 4/21 so I am happy to be a bunnie!! This seems like a great place for support and comfort. I am extremely scared and nervous because I've never had a major surgery before (just had tonsils taken out) and I am scared to death but I want this more than anything. My pre op was Monday 4/13 and I started a semi-liquid diet yesterday. My doctor recommended 2 liquid meals and 1 regular meal a day and only for a week. Is this normal? I'm so scared about the unknown and ready to get the surgery part over with! I hope we can all stay in touch and continue to give eachother support!

Hey guys! I had my pre-op physical/testing this morning...short blog HERE on LBT if you're interested (or below as always).

Chelle- everyone's doc requires/doesn't (my case) different pre-op diets and yours is pretty normal. I'm doing a self-imposed one; 2 shakes and a small dinner like yours.

I stopped at the stores and loaded up today. Got my Gas X strips and lots of new food. I found a big jug of Isopure powder; they're on sale at GNC (usually $60 for about $40)...I bought the fruit punch (hope it's good like everyone says). Bought some more chewable vitamins/C&D, Special K Protein Water, and a whole bunch of sugar free or low sugar items as well as fat free stuff to try out (I was amazed how many things now come this way). I feel like I'm 'nesting'...LOL!

Hi guys! Any band buddies out there for me? I'm on the 24th. Counting down like a wild cat! Today, I am super charged and ready to go. All the pieces of the puzzle are fitting together and I've got my eye on the prize...:smile2:

WE CAN DO THIS!! Bunny Bandsters ROCK!:tt1:

KMCD - I am on the 24th right along with you! I am excited too. I figure I will pack my bag this weekend to get that out of the way. I am having my surgery in Tijuana, MX. I'll fly out of Omaha bright and too early in the morning on Thursday. Pre-op testing done Thursday as well. Then Friday morning I will join everyone in Bandland!

Hopefully I we won't be in bandster hell and we will both be the "bounce back kids!!!"

I think I need to start packing too...3 1/2 days! Already I can't sleep at night...LOL!

Hi Guys! I'm being banded on the 22nd. I'm just now starting to get nervous about the surgery. I'll be so glad when it's over! My dh <dear hubby> and I are going shopping tomorrow to get the stuff I'm going to need for the next few weeks. I've been planning what to "pack" for the stay in the hospital my self, 3 days ahead of time! Good luck to all the other April bandsters. I'm looking forward to talking with you all about our experiences.

Terri

Agggh - it's OUR week!! Sooo excited (yet a little apprehensive too!)

Have started up a July 4th challenge for the Bunny Bandsters. Hope you'll all join up. If you'd like to participate, please go HERE.