Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Morning guys. Sounds like things are going better for most of us. Yay! As a group it seemed like we had hit a big stumbling block and maybe we are through it now.

I'm still struggling with the food issues, choices not amounts, but it's getting a bit better each day. I want so much to get back to losing like I did before. It felt so great to feel like I was actually in charge of myself. It's coming, it's coming. I didn't walk yesterday nor will I today but I'll finish with the house this week and then my schedule will get more normal again. I miss walking so that's a good sign.

Enjoy!

Whoa! I got so busy at work I totally forgot I was trying to reply to y’all.. How’s the VV’s today? Good I hope J

Tap, no worries. My Doctor is very good and he refused to give me more. He is usually very conservative and it doesn’t happen often that his patients get over filled. I just wasn’t gauging how tight I really was to him probably. However, I didn’t know the difference so I wouldn’t exactly say it was untrue, more like a miscalculation. I know now what too tight feels like, so I’ll be sure to handle it right away.

He gave me .25cc. I feel so awesome! I actually forget to eat and I get this “I’m full” feeling and actually put my fork down!! *scratches head* I never knew that could be possible. Thank you LAP-BAND!!!!!!! Here’s to the hope that it stays. I would be soooo happy. I’ve been searching for my SS for so long now.

Good job on the Y! Hang in there, you’re doing fabulous! J

Shonda, now why won’t your surgeon give you a fill? I think I missed the story…

Shiny, I feel for you. Just remember it’s only temporary. Also remember that you have your little buddy there to help you out when the baby arrives and you are able to lose that weight again. Also think about how much the band can help prevent you from gaining too much back.

You’re a rock star and I have every faith you’ll turn it around when you can!

Ezma, each day does get better. I came across a stumbling block for a very long time. I started to feel like I’d never get that feeling back.. but I did. Every day is still a struggle for me, but doggone it I’M GOING TO GET THIS DONE!! Hugs!

Ok ladies, I’m off! Have a great afternoon. J

im really feeling hungry all the time now but my doc will not fill me again anytime soon i hate to think i did all this just to gain and lose over and over again ..

Why won't your doc give you a fill? I too hate to think of gaining the weight again, and thankfully I am getting a fill tomorrow...slowly putting back the amount taken out this summer. About time too, as the weight is coming back...ARGHH!!

IMy first maternity appointment was yesterday. I was unprepared to see that number 201 on the scale! I weighed 195 at my house that morning, so it was unexpected. Sigh. I'm going to have to figure out a way to cope with the raising weight and expanding clothing size.

Shiny - have your husbanc hide the scale. Now is NOT the time to be worrying about that. You and the baby's health is first...not a number on a scale!

I'm still struggling with the food issues, choices not amounts, but it's getting a bit better each day. I want so much to get back to losing like I did before. It felt so great to feel like I was actually in charge of myself. It's coming, it's coming. I I miss walking so that's a good sign.

With me Ezma, its the amounts of food, not the choices...sigh. The fact that you miss walking is a good sign though...

Tap, no worries. My Doctor is very good and he refused to give me more. I know now what too tight feels like, so I’ll be sure to handle it right away.

He gave me .25cc. I feel so awesome! I actually forget to eat and I get this “I’m full” feeling and actually put my fork down!! *scratches head* I never knew that could be possible.

Every day is still a struggle for me, but doggone it I’M GOING TO GET THIS DONE!! Hugs!

Hi LilMiss...just make sure you do listen to your doc and your stomach...none of us want to see you go through what you did before!

So ladies, I did my time at the Y today...that's 4X this week, and that is the 'magic' number I set for myself. If I do more, great, but I am NOT going to say I am going to exercise every day because I KNOW myself. the first time I don't, I'll say forget it, and stop. I am hoping at my fill appointment tomorrow, I have not gained too much, but I know I have as my comfortable size 8s of Sept are now not as comfortable. BAHH!! Time to face the music, and get this head back into the game!

Have a great day everyone...and in case you are interested...it's freakin' snowing. WAHHH!!!!!

Tap - I'm so happy to see you acting like a normal weight person. You put on a few and work at getting it off before it gets out of hand. That's reality. They don't stay the same weight all the time either. It's just a matter of taking care of it before you wake up a few months later and have 50 pounds back on. Sniff sniff.

Lil - you are such a great inspiration! You're almost never down and always seem to have a "Can do" attitude. How do you do it? And thank you for doing it.

As for me, it's another day and I'm ready to tackle it. I'm feeling like the Little Engine That Could this morning. "I think I can, I think I can. Choo Choo" Have a great one.

My surgeon's visit was great. He was very happy with how I look and how I'm doing. I was about 200 last time I was there, I've gotten as low as 188 and am back around 200 again. I weighed exactly 200 at his office. (Deep breaths!) But apparently I look different to him, so that's cool.

He said since I'm not having issues with vomiting or extreme band tightness, he'll just leave my fill until my third trimester at which point he'll take all the Fluid out. Won't that be weird? I haven't even had to have an unfill yet, so I haven't gone backwards on restriction except for the natural fluctuations in the band and weight loss.

He said one of the biggest issues for pregnant ladies is the port bothering them. Since my port is detached, it should be just fine. He said he has actually removed ports from two pregnant women. One of them he put back in shortly after the baby came and the other one he said decided to just get her band out because 6 months after baby she hadn't put any weight back on. She was confident in her new lifestyle.

Last night I woke up with burning in my throat from acid reflux. I used to have that a lot before my surgery, but it was under control with Nexium. After surgery I was able to stop taking the Nexium. So last night I got up and took a Nexium and drank some Alka Selzer Heartburn Relief. Looks like the surgery helped me with run-of-the-mill heartburn, but maybe not pregnancy-induced heartburn.

I've been so tired I haven't been exercising lately, but with the beautiful weather today (74) I think we're going to have to go for a family walk!

I'm feeling like the Little Engine That Could this morning. "I think I can, I think I can. Choo Choo"

Hi Ezma, Keep that train on the tracks!! You can do it!

He said since I'm not having issues with vomiting or extreme band tightness, he'll just leave my fill until my third trimester at which point he'll take all the Fluid out. Won't that be weird?

I've been so tired I haven't been exercising lately, but with the beautiful weather today (74) I think we're going to have to go for a family walk!

That's great Shiny - all is looking good in your world. Did you get out for a walk?

How about the rest of the VV's - come one, check in!

AS for me - I hate the clinic scales - they tell the truth!! ARGHH! I was up (as I had expected) but I hadn't expected as much - GRRR!! So I guess it was good that I went for the fill, but only 0.1 cc. The doc's new regime is all fills will be at 0.1 cc from now on. Lots of people are asking for more, but then they are having issues. So, everyone is 0.1cc at a time, and see how they are with that one.

Apparently the clinic next year will be adding a Plastic surgery clinic for TT and Breast work only. They will run the the LB and PS clinics at the same time so that a LB surgeon is available to reposition the port at the same time as the PS is done. (Usually you have a separate operation to relocate it). They have already started the waiting list for the PS, but I'm holding off. I want to get rid of at least 10 more pounds and of course, save the money for the procedure. But still, it is something to look forward to.

Have a great weekend all.

:):wub:

Morning guys. I was having some trouble with my internet yesterday and I couldn't pull up this site. So I'm going to do a quickie Saturday morning post.

Tap - I'm so envious of your future plastic surgery. I know I'm going to want it one day too. I'm just scared of all surgeries. Though the lap band and my revision were so easy I'd do that kind of thing again in a heartbeat. Wonder how much you'll lose from just the surgery.

Shiny - I"m so happy for you. Sounds like you've got a great doctor too. It's nice to know that they've dealt with someone's pregnancy before you. I does sound like a good plan.

How's everyone else doing? You guys hanging in there? My latest plan is that if I want to eat something not on my eating plan, I have to workout for 10 minutes first. If I still want it, I have to drink a bottle of Water. If I still want it, I can have a small portion. Crossing my fingers and digging in for the war.

My computer is having issues, so I'm not using the internet as often or as long. You'll have to forgive me if I'm posting less often.

I did get out for a walk. We walked about 15 minutes. Haven't done any exercise since then. This is harder than I would have thought.

I've been having bad heartburn. I started taking Nexium every day again, but it's not taking care of it like it used to. I'm wondering if an unfill would help with the heartburn. It doesn't seem like it would, but it's the only thing that's different (except the 100 pounds gone) from the last time I was pregnant and the Nexium worked just fine then. I hate this, though. It makes me grouchy. :w00t: Drinking Water gave me heartburn first thing this morning. Ugh.

This is the week to move. We are moving in 6 days and I have got to get my butt in gear packing this place. I won't be working at all this week, so I should have plenty of time.

I am having an ultrasound on Tuesday. I hope to see the baby's heartbeat since we couldn't hear it in the Dr.'s office.

Morning everyone! I hope you all had a productive and band-friendly weekend! It was glorious weather here so for at least Saturday I had the energy to do somethings....but then lost it all on Sunday!

Such satisfaction though on Saturday as I took one room, took out the furniture (or moved it around) so that I could wash the walls, touch up the paint chips, wash the windows, take down the drapes and clean them, take out the area rug and beat it outside, scrub the floors, wax the furniture...it was just so satisfying to get that all done and took me most of the day!

Of couse, yesterday then I was a blob! I bottled 2 batches of wine, and puttered around but didn't really accomplish anything...bah! :w00t:

I was however good with the food intake, and am really going to make the efforts to keep at it. Darn DH though - he lost 6 pounds last week....GRR!:smile2:

Tap - I'm so envious of your future plastic surgery. I know I'm going to want it one day too. Wonder how much you'll lose from just the surgery.

My latest plan is that if I want to eat something not on my eating plan, I have to workout for 10 minutes first. If I still want it, I have to drink a bottle of Water. If I still want it, I can have a small portion.

Hi Ezma - Well, I asked the nurse about the weight loss as a result of PS. She said that of course it is very dependent upon how much skin you have blah blah, but her guess from looking at my stomach was about 7 pounds. I was hoping for more...looking for an 'easy out' I guess! But, as it won't be for at least a year (the cost quoted was huge and as Im self pay it will be a long time to get there!) I have time to lose more weight through working with the band!

Your eating/exercise plan sounds good....

I've been having bad heartburn. I started taking Nexium every day again, but it's not taking care of it like it used to. I'm wondering if an unfill would help with the heartburn. I hate this, though. It makes me grouchy. :) Drinking Water gave me heartburn first thing this morning. Ugh.

This is the week to move. We are moving in 6 days and I have got to get my butt in gear packing this place. I won't be working at all this week, so I should have plenty of time.

I am having an ultrasound on Tuesday. I hope to see the baby's heartbeat since we couldn't hear it in the Dr.'s office.

Morning Shiny! I would guess that the unfill is probably going to be the solution to the heartburn. I know you will be disappointed if it comes to that, but better an unfill then heartburn for the duration of the pregnancy!

Good luck moving!

Morning everyone. There's a smell of glorious day in the air. I'm basically done with the rental property and they move in the first of December. My brother-in-law left yesterday. It feels so good to have my house back to myself. He was here for about a month and that's about 3 weeks too much. LOL He and the rest of the hubby's family are coming back in about 2 weeks for Thanksgiving. But for now I have 2 glorious weeks to myself. And in that time I am determined to kick this dang carb addiction. I know I can do it. If I can get through the first two weeks I'll be golden.

Tap - I loved reading your post. Sounds like such a nice life. I would love to have that done. All the furniture out and everything nice and spiffy. And then, oh, hmmm....I think I'll bottle some wine. :smile2: Man, that sounds like such a nice, cosmo life.

Shiny - I'll try to send you lots of moving energy. Though I think Tap is the best one to tap for that. Hehe - I made a funny. Have you tried baking soda and Water. That was what I always used. But I'd check with the doc first just to be sure.

Have a great day guys!

Hi All!

Sounds like everyone is pretty busy.

I got my first fill, 2cc, on Thursday. I have absolutely no restriction and had gained quite a bit but no one at the doctor's office seemed too concerned and the doctor told me that I had a larger band now and it would take time. I'm trying to take him at his word but I HATE seeing the scale go the wrong way. I go back in January for another fill. He tends to be overly conservative so I guess I will do the holiday's on my own.:smile2:

It's nice to be able to eat without pain:eek: but I hate gaining weight!:)

Have a great week everyone.

It's a wonderful day!!!! I just received my package from Amazon and in it was the absolute perfect thing for me. Arctic Zero Frozen Dessert!!!!! It's so fabulous. There's only about 130 calories for a whole pint. Zero fat, 5g of Protein per 1/2 cup, that's 20g in the pint. It's made from whey Protein and has a natural sweetner mix that's low glycemic, it's gluten free and lactose intolerant friendly. Woo hoo! And it tastes good too. I ate some vanilla with a hint of Maple flavor and only wanted a small portion. I actually stopped at a 1/2 cup portion.

Only bad part is that it isn't cheap. It's about $47 for 6 pints, $50 for the new pumpkin Spice flavor. But that's the price from Amazon. It might be cheaper if you have a store near you that carries it. They're supposed to carry it at the Sprouts Markets near me but none of them had it. The company rep is checking on that. I also read that Safeway is going to be doing a test market on it but I think it was only in California. It comes in 5 flavors right now and they are adding chocolate Mint from the Christmas season.

Finally something I can splurg on and it isn't bad for me.

Hey thanks for that info Ezma! I have Safeways here and im in CA. I might look out for it.

Hope everyone’s doing good! I”ve just been doing my workouts and trying my best. I can’t seem to lose weight for some reason. Idk. It’s the weirdest thing ever…

Morning guys. I've got my fingers and toes crossed here. I actually had a very, very good day yesterday with my eating. I took off the 5 pounds I gained last week and I'm praying I can keep going. I'm supposed to have another doctor's appointment on the 17th but I think I'm going to reschedule it for a week later. It would be so nice to go in there and lose weight again.

Hope you all are fighting the good fight too. Enjoy your day.

Hey thanks for that info Ezma! I have Safeways here and im in CA. I might look out for it.

Hope everyone’s doing good! I”ve just been doing my workouts and trying my best. I can’t seem to lose weight for some reason. Idk. It’s the weirdest thing ever…

I just checked the site again and it's only one store - Safeway at Pavillions Arcadia. However, Henry's is supposed to start carrying in within a week.