Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

I want to wish all the VVs a very happy New Year! We're alomost up for our Bandiversary! I feel like we should have some sort of celebration as ALL of us have worked so hard!

I will be having surgery soon. I have to have 2 hernias repaired and as long as they're working in that area they are doing a Tummy Tuck as well!!!! I feel like that is my Christmas present, Happy New Year and bandiversary gift all in one! I'm just a little excited. :biggrin:

Lil'missdiva, don't feel bad. I think most of us took the holiday off of working out and being concerned about our food choices. I know I sure did. But as I said before all of us have worked so hard over the year. We deserve to pamper ourselves once in awhile guilt free! Besides, you have an amazing action plan for the New year.:lol:

EZMA, I will search for you on face book. I don't have access to it often, so don't think I've forgotten, meanwhile if you want to try again it's Julie Polak in Albuquerque NM.

I wish everyone well, take care and be safe for any celebrating!

Happy New Year!

I'm starting my new program as of tomorrow morning. I just wasn't ready January 1st.

One of my goals is to exercise 21 days in the month of January. I have done one day so far.

Also, I'm off sweets and Desserts until Valentine's Day. Enough is enough! I'll give myself a little break for V-day and then off again until Easter.

I'm up 30 pounds so far with this pregnancy. I can hardly believe it. It has come on so fast it's been like getting hit with a freight train! I'm hoping some of it is water-retention and that it will go away very soon. I gained 10 pounds in a week. I don't think I've ever done that before, but in my defense, my legs looked like tree trunks.

So I go to the doctor tomorrow, having gained about 20-25 pounds this month. I'll have to see what his scale says officially. Needless to say, I'm mortified. I'm only 17 weeks pregnant. I cannot keep gaining at this rate or I will be back at 300 pounds before I deliver. That is not happening. I won't let it.

So I must exercise and eat healthy foods. I am secretly hoping that I can go backwards on the scale a little bit before heading back up it as the baby grows. It's not a healthy thing to lose weight during pregnancy in general, but if I'm doing healthy things and happen to lose weight, without deprivation or extremes, I'm going to be happy about it. It's not healthy to gain crazy amounts of weight either.

Having my band unfilled during the holidays has just not been a good combination for me. I need to not beat myself up, but I really want to!

I will have to check in more often because I need the accountability. I'll be blogging more as well. As ugly as the truth is, I need to speak it.

How are the rest of you doing? I hope everyone is hope-filled and excited about the new year.

Melissa

Hi all. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I know I did. Now I just need to get busy and get the 9 pounds off I put on and more. Today is my first day back on track so wish me luck keeping those carb cravings at bay. I'm going to be checking in here each morning to provide support and hopefully you all will be here too. I need you guys. :blushing:

Hey hey VV’s… how’s it goin?

Melissa it sounds like you’re struggling a bit. Well, at least you had an excuse! I gained (an additional) 10 Lbs over the Christmas Holiday and only because I was doing whatever I pleased. That’s not a good thing!

Ezma, sounds like you had a good Christmas too!

One thing tho ladies is we are super determined to work it out. We can do this!! Hang in, and keep an eye on my blog. I’m posting all my thoughts in one central location. I hate to keep doubling what I’m saying everywhere. I’m just going to post randomly here and there. J

Take care!! I’ll always check in here tho, you all know that!

I am doing better and I've dropped five of those crazy pounds I had gained. Hopefully I can keep this up!

I'm fighting off a sore throat and a cold. I exercised today, but hated every minute. My throat hurt with my breathing. We'll see how I'm doing tomorrow.

Hello my beloved VV's..

I am hanging my head in shame for not being on here in months! I am so sorry I checked out, but it's been QUITE a wild ride for me. Since my band replacement in August, I gained 20lbs:thumbdown:. I also went through 3 more rounds of fertility treatments which was HELL and all those meds certainly didn't help me lose any weight! After 3 failed IUI"s, I decided I was DONE!! I just wanted to get my life back, my weight loss back in order and not even THINK about babies. I got two fills and finally felt restriction again.Once I readjusted to band life, I lost 15 pounds:thumbup:. I was feeling good and felt a huge relief not having to be so consumed with fertility stuff. DH and I went to Maui in Novemember..and GUESS WHAT HAPPENED:w00t:. YES.....I'm PREGNANT!!!!! I am a little over 9 weeks now and everything is going great!! I've had no issues with my band and haven't had to have an unfill yet, but I'm sure I will at some point. This is beyond a dream come true for me and my husband. After YEARS of heartache and loss, we finally got our miracle. Just wanted to share the news. I promise I will be on here more oftern! Melissa...congrats to you, Momma!

xoxoxo

marathinner,

I'm so happy for you! Yay! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.

I'm struggling with the weight gain. I'm back in 16s and 18s in clothing size. My arms and legs have gained weight and it's just really frustrating for me. I'm not finding enough energy to exercise and eating is sporadically healthy these days.

I did get to see the baby on an ultrasound this week. It's a boy. That gives us two girls, a 6.5 year gap a boy, 3.5 year gap and another boy. I think it will work out really well for our not-so-little family. :biggrin: Everything looks good and healthy, so I am grateful.

I have quit weighing myself, so I have no idea how I'm doing weight wise. I just need to hang in there and not give up.

Congrats to all the mommy-to-be's!! :biggrin:

Hi guys,

I've just spent hours trying to catch up with all the news. WOW.

I've been MIA for 3 mths after having my band removed. Unfortunately I've gained 50lbs back 35lbs more than I wanted to. All the carbs that I was now able to eat got their revenge.

I'm hoping coming on here will help me get back on track. I know without my band its going to be hard, and if I had $$$ I would get another one in a heartbeat, but thats life.

Nicole

I've been terrible about checking in, too.

My band only has a minimal fill right now. With the running I was/am doing, I need to be able to eat a bit more than before. I haven't lost any weight in many months, but I'm still going down in sizes, so it doesn't bother me too much. I'd still like to weigh about 30lbs less, though. :confused:

Here's a pic of me last night as we were on our way out to dinner!

mcrr12.jpg

You look great Angie! I don't recognize you from your earlier pictures. You've changed a lot.

I have some exciting news. My husband has finally gotten the promotion he's been seeking for what seems like forever. We're moving to north eastern Montana at the end of March. It will be a huge change and very cold there, but hey, at least it's a step in the right direction!