Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Well, my official one-week weigh in showed a five pound loss. I'm down one more as of this morning. Losing weight is so much more exciting than gaining it!

Tomorrow is my birthday, so I plan on enjoying some cake and ice cream. 38 years old! I wonder what this year will hold.

Awesome and congratulations!! That's awesome for one week! :confused:

I'm still holding out on the same this week, but it only my own fault. I kinda enjoyed the 4th too much... lol - but as of early this morning I'm back at it doing what I'm supposed to.

Sometimes when you take too much time off getting back into it isn't easy. But, again that's just an excuse. I've got to leave those behind if I'm going to go down down down again!

Sorry I haven't checked in. I need to make it a daily habit. I'm still doing pretty good. I've let a few sweets creep in, but honestly still within very reasonable amounts.

My weight hasn't gone down much more. I saw 243, which is 6 or 7 pounds down. I just have to keep my healthy eating attitude and it will keep going down.

Now to get back to exercising. That one is still eluding me. . .

Shiny! It still sounds like you're hanging in there. :) Hey no ones perfect, I know that for a fact *looks in the mirror*. The awesome thing is that both you and I have made a commitment to re-marry our bands!

I have been doing pretty good. Well wayyyy good with my workouts, but still struggling a tiny bit on my eating. Not a whole lot - but not back to 100% eating great yet. Maybe more like 80% and I'd like to get back to about 95%... but I'm inching toward it!!

Wow it would be nice to see some others check in too. I miss everyone!

VV's where are you??????

I've lurked here for soooo long, but finally decided to check in with you guys today =)

I was banded in February 2008 and have managed to take off 45lbs of the 80 I have a goal of. Its been frustrating and slow, but that's why I'm here. Hoping for some support and motivation from my fellow VV's :)

Hi Sarah :) Welcome to finally posting!

All are welcome here. Let's face it, we are about 2.5 years out from surgery. If we have not reached goal yet it is never too late to get rejuvenated to finish this thing out.

I'm glad you joined us! So tell us, how are you going to get to goal? Inquiring minds want to know... ;-)

I sure hope so! :) I've got some new motivation and am feeling good =) Good to know there are still some VV's hanging around here :biggrin:

Struggling. Eating poorly again. I go in cycles of about two weeks. By the end of the second week, my willpower has fallen apart.

I'm thinking I need to get some Fluid in this band to help me. I wonder how soon after baby is okay as I am breastfeeding. I'll have to find a surgeon and find out what he/she recommends. It's more than 4 hours away to get to one, so it might be a while before we get there.

Melissa

Hi There!

Can I join in, too? I was banded 2-15-08. As much time as I spend here, I hadn't noticed this thread... :smile2:

I had my last fill nearly a year ago. I've put on about 4 pounds over the last month or two. I had a very nasty intestinal infection back in April, I lost about 5 pounds from that, so I am not sure if the gain is a true gain or just recovery from the illness.

Anyway, I've put in a request for a fill, but my surgeon wants to do an upper GI to be sure all is right with the band. I am waiting on insurance approval for that and the fill before proceeding.

Otherwise banded life is good for me, I am hoping a top-off fill is what I need to bet rid of these few pounds and perhaps a few more.

Exercise is my least favorite part of it, and I avoid it if I can. I have started back walking my pooch. I was doing pretty well with that for about a month or so before I got sick.

It's nice to see you all!

Hi Denise! Nice to see you. Looks like you are doing great!

I just read this article.

It's great. It says to break down your weight-loss goals into more manageable chunks. Start with setting a goal to lose 10% of your body weight. Then once you're there, do it again, only this time your 10% will be a smaller number. Keep it up in these small steps until you're at goal.

I'm going to do this. I'm also going to start with counting the weight I've lost in child-birth. (I need some momentum.) So my first goal is 242. That's 7 pounds lower than what I was today. Here's how it breaks down.

269-27 = 242 (27 being 10% of 269, rounding up)

242-24 = 218

218-22 = 196

196-20 = 176

176-18 = 158 which is 2 lbs below my goal weight!

I am going to be realistic about this too. I am going to give myself a month to lose those seven pounds. So my first goal is to be 242 by September 1st.

I'm still here! I haven't lost much weight in the last year or so, but my clothes got smaller so I don't complain much. :unsure:

I'm still running, and currently training to run my first marathon in October. Yikes. (I will say that I've lost 4lbs in the first 6 weeks of training. Guess that works. lol)

lol @ the look on my face, but here's how I ushered in my 40th birthday. River Run Half Marathon. I've knocked 10+ minutes off my time since spring, and 40 minutes off in the past year. Yay!

img1690k.jpg

Angie, that is soooo cool, way to go!

I had a small fill a couple of weeks ago. Then had gum surgery. Been on mushies for a while now. Not losing weight, but have also been on anitbiotics, too. So not sure what to make of it all.

I haven't been on here in over a year! wow I didn't think it had been that long. Anyway I really need to update my ticker! My highest weight was 402 lbs. I was 375 lbs at surgery and I am currently 225 lbs. I am having a panniculectomy done on November 12th and am so excited to get all this hanging skin off of me! I still get adjustments done. Even though I am due for one because I have gained 6 pounds. My doctor wants me to wait until after my panniculectomy to get another adjustment so that I can heal better. So glad to be back on here!

Edited by NewGalWithABand