Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Hi Bunnies,

It's been a while since I've been on here. Not sure I have my head in the game like I should. I'm nowhere near my goal. I'm a little disappointed in myself as I seem to have no commitment to making this work, The only good thing is I'm not gaining any weight. My doctor left the hospital and started his own business so now he's not a PPO preferred doctor which means a visit will cost me more money and my deductible for out of network doctors is higher. So I need to figure out do I suck it up and pay the extra money or do I find a new doctor who is in the network? What I really need to do is stop making excuses and start working out on a regular basis. I'm sure that would make a big difference. Thanks for letting me vent. How are all the other bunnies out there doing?

Hi Bee...glad you're back :-) Still a few of us here supporting each other! Hope you find a new doc soon...not sure how much you liked your last one, but maybe a new doc would be a good way to get back on track? I lost my Doc recently too, and won't meet the new one until Jan.

Hey guys,

Ok I had my last fill exactly a year ago...the week before Christmas. I ended up getting two unfills; one the next week and the other a few months ago. I have since gained 14 lbs. I'm so disappointed. I am going for a fill tomorrow morning. I really need to get my head in the game also. I have picked up a bad sweets habit as well. I know that I can do it, because I have done it before. So, tomorrow I begin anew and I will be a bandster again! I hope everyone is doing well.

New Years Resolution: live like a bandster!!

Hi, I just got my fourth fill on 12-8-10 I hadn't been to my Dr. since October 2009. I was so mortified with myself that I wasn't loosing any weight the last time I had seen him in 10-09 he filled me up to 8cc and I thought wow for sure I am on the skinny train to palm springs this summer. Well come to find out not so much. I was talking to a friend and I had told her how disgusted I was with myself that I went under surgery etc spent money and I was failing what I had wanted so badly. She told me it happens all the time and not to feel embarassed. So I went to my Dr on the 8th and was filled up too 9.6 and let me tell you this I am tight in the past 9 days I have dropped 10 pounds! I think after everyone gets back into the routine after the first I am going to have it loosend a smidge the throwing up is just too much!

Hi, I just got my fourth fill on 12-8-10 I hadn't been to my Dr. since October 2009. I was so mortified with myself that I wasn't loosing any weight the last time I had seen him in 10-09 he filled me up to 8cc and I thought wow for sure I am on the skinny train to palm springs this summer. Well come to find out not so much. I was talking to a friend and I had told her how disgusted I was with myself that I went under surgery etc spent money and I was failing what I had wanted so badly. She told me it happens all the time and not to feel embarassed. So I went to my Dr on the 8th and was filled up too 9.6 and let me tell you this I am tight in the past 9 days I have dropped 10 pounds! I think after everyone gets back into the routine after the first I am going to have it loosend a smidge the throwing up is just too much!

Hi Christine! yes we do all get back into the old routine at some point. The important thing is to get back on track. What you were experiencing is normal. A lot of people dont lose significantly in the beginning. I was too tight once and had to get unfilled. It's the best thing you can do for your band. Throwing up isnt good for it and can lead to slippage. Congrats on the 10 lbs. I want to be just like you!

Hey friends! It's been awhile. Pretty frustrated that I haven't been working as hard as a lot of you who look so wonderful.

I'd love some words of advice. Thinking I need to get into my doctor to keep a butt kicking. ha ha

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Finally got another fill mid Jan. I have really good restriction now and am losing weight I believe at the rate that I should be. It was kind of hard at first my mind was saying eat eat eat but my pouch did not agree. Hope all of you other bunnies out there are all doing well. We are heading towards 2 years now can you believe it?

Come share our 2 year Bandiversary HERE

Wow! two years already! You guys are doing so great!! I lost 65 and my doctor was thrilled. The military moved us and now I am in search of a doc who will see me. I had one practice turn me down because they didn't do the surgery. :( I gained 6 pounds back after getting a hairline fracture in my foot. :P but I am looking into shadow boxing until I get full functional again.

Wow! two years already! You guys are doing so great!! I lost 65 and my doctor was thrilled. The military moved us and now I am in search of a doc who will see me. I had one practice turn me down because they didn't do the surgery. :( I gained 6 pounds back after getting a hairline fracture in my foot. :P but I am looking into shadow boxing until I get full functional again.

So good to hear from you! I went through the 'no doc' thing too (and gained a lot more than you)...get that new doc! Hope your foot heals quickly! -BG

It's been so long since I've been here. I need to start coming back, I sure do need the support that's for sure. Since my surgery (April 22, 2009) I've lost 62 pounds. I can't seem to lose any more. <sigh>. I'm not giving up, there has to be some reason out there why, I just haven't found it yet. lol

I'm here for you (hey, we're Band date sisters!)! The great thing about out Bands is that we have them forever...it's never too late to get back on track. OK, here's some thoughts (just trying to help)...I'm guessing you don't have perfect restriction/Sweet Spot right now? When's the last time you visited your surgeon?

The last time I visited my doc was before Thanksgiving. I know, I know, I need to get back to her. My appointment is April 18th. The last time I was there I didn't get a fill because I had just contracted Shingles <of all things>, and the Shingles were showing up on the side of my waist that my port is on. The pain is finally gone, so I'm getting a fill this time. She said we're close to my sweet spot, so I'm looking forward to this fill.