Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

I talked to my mom today and told her about the surgery. She was pretty good about it. She even said to bring my Soup tomorrow and just tell my grandparents I'm on a liquid diet. My grandma still won't like that, but oh well. So I am very happy that I don't have to be manipulative. Tomorrow I will tell my dad. I'm down another pound today, so this liquid diet is doing it's thing!

Hopeful - I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were going to handle this. I'm sure you are feeling better now! I didn't want to tell my sister or my mom either because the both of them TOGETHER weigh less than I do. :tongue_smilie: But, since I want my sister to be there when I have the surgery, and take me home the next day, I had to tell her. She is a nurse, and now that she's researched the surgery, etc, she is very supportive, and I know they will both be so happy for me when I am healthy!

Congrats and best wishes to all who have dates and are on pre-op diets.....I'm so jealous! I am going to be so upset if my date ends up being in May, and I have to leave the Bunny Bandsters group. Cross your fingers for me!

Yeah! Looking at the updated list I see I now have someone getting banded the same day. Keep in touch MSAN914 :thumbup:

I'm not sure whether it was a blonde momemt or a senior moment, but my surgery is on "GOOD"

Friday!!! I think that is a very good sign.

I have to do it this way because I can't cheat small - I can only cheat big time!! unfortunately, I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. :thumbup:

I believe I am your twin. That statement is me 100%

Hopeful - I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were going to handle this. I'm sure you are feeling better now! I didn't want to tell my sister or my mom either because the both of them TOGETHER weigh less than I do. :thumbup: But, since I want my sister to be there when I have the surgery, and take me home the next day, I had to tell her. She is a nurse, and now that she's researched the surgery, etc, she is very supportive, and I know they will both be so happy for me when I am healthy!

Congrats and best wishes to all who have dates and are on pre-op diets.....I'm so jealous! I am going to be so upset if my date ends up being in May, and I have to leave the Bunny Bandsters group. Cross your fingers for me!

Sherri,

Hopefully you will get your date soon and it will be in April!Even if you end up in May, you don't have to leave us. Keep us posted. I want to know how you do.

That is great about your sister being supportive about the surgery. I ALMOST told my mom when I talked to her today, but then decided against it. I just don't wanna hear it. She is not computer saavy and would have no way to research it. She is old fashioned and would tell me like always that all I need is to eat less and exercise more. But I am happy for you. I am using these boards as my support and so thankful to have them available!

Wed April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, BethT1027, lls, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad, FDBAGPIPER

Woo hoo for the April 1st bandsters! Can you believe we are just 3 days away? Yikes! I'll be thinking of all of you as we approach the big day on Wednesday. I hope and pray that all goes well for all of our surgeries!

Rock on!

Kaner :thumbup:

I started the preop shakes on Saturday. The first one was made with skim milk and stirred with a spoon...very boring. I have a blender so the next one I added strawberries, that made it more bearable. I bought some canned peaches with splenda to try next. MMMMM :}

Hey all you bunny bansters. I took our dates and put them in one place. Here you go!!:eek:

April 1 = mulderfamily4, sissyh1006, hhjazzy001, beth1027,lls

April 2 = smilan, lingling

April 6 = swishbc

April 7 = hopeful414411, mobetter, trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg265

April 8 = ldeere2005

April 9 = txsandy, Lise

April 13 l= lachadanon, elayne

April 15 = hannahj914, (my office mate not sure if she is on here yet)

April 16 = jenfs5, scoobydo

April 17 = lapbandgirl2009

April 21 = thinwithin

April 23 = Pharmagirl

April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn

April 28 = rcher

April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = smilan, ellster, band_groupie, WannaBe1/2TheWoman

Lets keep in touch as we go through this together.:thumbup:

Keep me posted on your dates and I will continue to update this.

I am glad us bunnies found a home, under a rock, under a stone, where will bunny find a home?

Hi - My surgery is scheduled for April 1st - please add me to the list. This time next week I should be up and at it, good to go. Very nervous but oh so excited!!! Surgery is in Toronto, Mississauga Clinic

Woo hoo for the April 1st bandsters! Can you believe we are just 3 days away? Yikes! I'll be thinking of all of you as we approach the big day on Wednesday. I hope and pray that all goes well for all of our surgeries!

Rock on!

Kaner :thumbup:

Is anyone else being banded on April 1st having it in Toronto? I can't wait to get off these horrible tasting drinks. I wonder why some of you can eat food other than vegies - we cannot?

Hi again

I too was reluctant to tell anyone about my upcoming banding. Mainly because of embarrasment I think. My mom and sister are both over weight - just a bit, nothing serious. I still thought they'd think I was nuts. In Canada you have to pay $16,000 for this so that too is a contributing factor, especially if you have a fixed income. To my surprise they were both very supportive - in fact, I think they really felt for me which was very sweet. I then told my brother and his wife (who is 93 pounds soaking wet) and they too were great. My husband and kids are thrilled and are hoping that I'll stop bitching about my weight every other minute. I told my boss and 1 colleague and the others just think I am going off to have a minor surgical procedure without any details. It was a load off my mind to have their support. They do say that there are folks in our lives that do not want us to lose weight and perhaps they will be jealous - that is their problem. Good luck to all in finding good supports - this board is a great help I am finding. It is nice getting to know you all and know that I am not alone.:thumbup:

I started the preop shakes on Saturday. The first one was made with skim milk and stirred with a spoon...very boring. I have a blender so the next one I added strawberries, that made it more bearable. I bought some canned peaches with splenda to try next. MMMMM :}

I saw on another post smoewhere try using FF/SF instant pudding....I'm using pasticho (sp) right now and love it.

Mommad, you're on the list. Anyone missing or any wrong dates?

Wed April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, lls, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad, FDBAGPIPER, spirnat31

Thu April 2 = smilan, lingling, healthyme2, kerrischafer1, Poodia

Fri April 3 = super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1, cajunmomma, TxMomof4

Sat April 4 = doodlebug11, GoddessNar

Mon April 6 = swishbc, StephOnee, shakia90, Mona40, Crimson Tide, scottyjay

Tue April 7 = hopeful41411, mobetter, Trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg365, lindasqd51, marlina, Healthydiva50, CelticAngel, tcbgirl, susanthomas-pate, opalfire9

Wed April 8 = ldeere2005, tstanart, Singer B

Thu April 9 = txsandy, NYlady, murphy5, gamassagegirl, hopeful60, nurseinem

Fri April 10 = pdburch, JayTee562, jerseygirl518, sdeale0928

Sun April 12 = HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Mon April 13 = lachdanon, Elayne, babydoll1

Tue April 14 = Suzdavis, victoria_057

Wed April 15 = hannahj914, sylver28, MrsMitch, jukebox81782, mec267's wife, (sissy's office mate - are you on here yet??)

Thu April 16 = Jenfs5, scoobydoo, rannah12, vayiayia, Allformyson, Abbie-pie, BeefromCalie, contemplating

Fri April 17 = lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristina, terelbel, Carrie_W

Mon April 20 = sandi1011, Auddie

Tue April 21 = ThinWithin, bellatrickz

Wed April 22 = early, KikstersRT, Babygirl_68, April09Bandster, birdbrainzz, mec267, Lisacacb5

Thu April 23 = PharmaGirl

Fri April 24 = loulou09, hrtgoeson, KMCD, jodimyers, Luckynjun, SHUSHioux

Mon April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell, smiletracy

Tue April 28 = rcher, MSan914

Wed April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = Kellster, Band_Groupie, WannaBe1/2TheWoman, valjay, daqui26, mandilou, BethT1027, Swisskaese

Edited by PharmaGirl

Well I told my dad today. He is worried for me, but overall handled it well. Thank you all for your thoughts and concerns! At dinner I just held my little one and fed him his bottle. Everyone kept mentioning I should eat. I just brushed it off and said I would. They all went down to watch basketball and I ate my soup! My mom knew about it so she helped me be sly.

not sure i am doing this right but my band date is April 17,2009.....Can not wait :thumbup:

not sure i am doing this right but my band date is April 17,2009.....Can not wait :thumbup:

Hi Carrie

Congrats and welcome - you did this right, your note is posted.