Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

55 lbs lost since June 18. 15 lbs to goal. October was difficult. Same 3 lbs off and on. Finally lost it for good and got another 2 off. Hoping for 7 or 8 off by the end of Nov. and then another 7 or 8 by my birthday, Dec. 30.

I know how everyone feels. At this stage I seem to be fighting to lose every kilo. The first 2 months went really well, the next 3 months I averaged 1.9kg a month and the last 3 weeks I have battled to lose 0.6! (NB I am working on a month being 4 weeks as its easier to weigh on the same day weekly and then I don't have some long and some short months.

I have lost a total of 18.3kg(40.25lb) since my heighest preop weight earlier this year. I have approx 3.2kg(7lb) to go to goal.

I look so much better, I feel great and i keep discovering clothes in my wardrobe that fit that I had forgotten about.Which makes me laugh as I just read something about decluttering in a magazine and it says if you haven't worn something for 2 years you are unlikely to wear it. that is SO not true!

I don't have Thanksgiving to worry about but i am going on holiday for 6 weeks in Dec/Jan. Back to South Africa to see my mum and my sister. Trying not to gain weight then is going to be REALLY hard.

November is our 5 Month Bandiversary! How is everyone doing?

I was banded 5 months ago today and had hoped to have lost 50 lbs by now. I'm aonly 2.3 lbs off, so that's not bad, considering I didn't loose anything in Oct (actually lost & gained the same 5 lbs). Nervous about continued weight loss from Thanksgiving till the New Year. Its going to be a challenge...

Joan

Hi there Joan,

Oh life is so busy I hardly get on here lately. Ups and downs indeed, don't know what's going on with me but I have maybe 3 days where I can tolerate eating and 4 where I can't and just have to lose it. Overall doing good though I must admit. My hair is getting thinner now and all the supplements just aren't helping, what the heck, I could go blonde with a wig! This band has been the making of me even if I don't always love it.

Doing great I am in onederland at 198 lbs with only 3 fills so far and walking 10 miles a week. Surgery was 6/5/09. I am hoping to get throught the holidays with maybe a small loss but certainly not any gaining.

Hello all! It has been over 2 months since I have been on here. Life happens for sure! I have been struggling with the same 3lbs for the last few months. I am not losing, but not gaining. My 4th fill in September was .5 cc and every day since then is different. Sometimes I have restriction, sometimes I dont. It seems to depend on the day or even the week of the month as to what level my restriction is.

I have been having some pain in my right side near my gallbladder so they did an ultrasound and found nothing abnormal with the gallbladder or liver. Which at least would have been nice to explain the pain. They suggested that I go back on my acid reflux meds and see if the pain is being caused by that.

I still have that sharp stabbing pain every once in and while but now I am having pain at my port site. Its not that bad, it just feels almost bruised under my layer of tummy fat and my scar from the port aches a bit. Has anyone else had any issues like this? I have lost enough fat in my abdomin that I can clearly feel the port now and I wounder if that has anything to do with it. I don't know but I go in today to see my surgeon for the 1st time since surgery to check me out and see whats wrong. I just feel like something is not as it should be.

How are people doing since surgery day? I am down 27ish lbs depending on the day. :-)

Astera, I didn't see this post until after my other message to you. At 5ccs in my Realize band, I wasn't losing at all. My daughter has the Lap-Band and she has 6cc and is going in for a small fill tomorrow. My fill is too tight and I'm trying to work through it...but I definitely didn't have enough at 5cc. So it definitely sounds like you need another fill. I've lost about 8-10 lbs since going to 7ccs, and would be more if I'd get up off my lazy butt and exercise...duh. :biggrin::)

Good luck girl

Trisha

My goal is 167, I'm at 181 and I'm having trouble losing the way I did. I'm so close but the pounds are not dropping. Part of it is I'm exercising so much I'm hungry. I think I need another fill. I do pb sometimes but its often first bite and I just wait it out and then I can eat. I also just plain crave sweets and sometimes I give in. I'm almost afraid to reach goal because I'm scared of the maintenance phase. That's always when my cravings took over.

Cheri

Hi everyone!

Hope the holiday was fun. It looks like everyone is making really good progress. So far, I've lost 33 pounds since my June 9th banding. I've had 3 fills and even though I have an appointment scheduled next month, I don't think I'll need it. At this point, I'm losing steadily and if my band is any tighter, I don't think I'll be able to eat anything - I'm already at very small portions (but I was still able to enjoy the Thanksgiving meal I made).

My husband and I walked 27 miles in 5 days, last week and that's been really helpful. I think if I continue to step up on the physical activity, I will reach my weight loss goal.

Hang in there, everyone - you're doing great! :rolleyes:

weight.png

Glad to hear everything is going well for you. I was banded June 5th and so far I have lost 44lbs, now I don't what kind of damage I have done so far with Thanksgiving. I did good all weekend until Sunday when I snacked all day long so I hope I didn't set myself back too much. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi everyone!

Hope the holiday was fun. It looks like everyone is making really good progress. So far, I've lost 33 pounds since my June 9th banding. I've had 3 fills and even though I have an appointment scheduled next month, I don't think I'll need it. At this point, I'm losing steadily and if my band is any tighter, I don't think I'll be able to eat anything - I'm already at very small portions (but I was still able to enjoy the Thanksgiving meal I made).

My husband and I walked 27 miles in 5 days, last week and that's been really helpful. I think if I continue to step up on the physical activity, I will reach my weight loss goal.

Hang in there, everyone - you're doing great! :rolleyes:

weight.png

Ate extra over Thanksgiving but walked like crazy and came out even. Back to work today. Love working.

On Thanksgiving, when I got on the scale, I was half-pound short of my 50 lb goal. I was thrilled. On Thanksgiving, I ate a LITTLE of everything. Took a 15 minute break over the main course to PB from the turkey. TMI. Fortunately, I sent the leftover dessert home with a friend, but have been eating leftover ever since, and have had turkey a couple of times since, with disastrous results each time. Tonight I spent over 1.5 hrs sliming. The dogs enjoyed the rest of the turkey. I learned my lesson.

I put on 3.5 lbs since Thanksgiving. Hoping its Water weight, and plan to start exercising again tomorrow to get it off quick.

Hi, June Journeys

I am glad everyone is doing well. My life has changed so much since my surgery in June. Working out is now included in my daily routine. I love my new life as a LAP-BAND® person. I'm down 82lbs. I feel so much better and I am off all my meds. My goal is 100lbs lost by my 45th birthday in May.

I managed to loose the lbs I gained over Thanksgiving. Some of the dished were quite salty. Last week was bad. I couldn't keep foods down. I should have gone to liquids the first day it happened, but I had several dinners scheduled, and thought if I ate slow & chewed well, I would be okay. No such luck! So I behaved over the weekend, and just had some turkey/orzo Soup. So far, so good.

I see so many of you losing over 60lb and I've done 45. what are your secrets? is this including pre-op diets? I know I should be happy, but when I see other losing so much more, I feel like I'm not doing something right!! Please tell me what you do. Thank you!!!

Don't measure your success by everyone else. Perhaps they had more to lose than you in the first place; we all know the closer you get to your normal weight, the harder it is to lose! 45 pounds is great! Keep up the good work! God Bless!