Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

Hi all. This is my first time back on this site in a REALLY long time. I've been in a rut for the past 2.5 months. Have not lost anything and gained some back. I've been getting progressively sad about it :w00t: I've actually put myself on a liquid diet. I'm going to basically do a preop diet and then do my post op progression again. I really need to get myself back on track. I got so close to onederland, and every time I think about it it just makes me really sad.

Anyways, I've lost 3 pounds in the past 2 days on the liquid diet. I really would like to hit 100 pounds lost by my 1 year bandiversary (which is June 18th, 2010). Thats less than 30 pounds and I've got 5 months.

I put a lot of pressure on myself to lose all my excess weight in the first year. But I don't think thats going to happen. I definitely get sad about it from time to time, especially since I lost so much in the beginning.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

try to keep focused and be proud of what you have already achieved! I wasn't losing anything so I started excercising everyday....even when i really couldnt be bothered..now i set mini goals for myself with my excercise and find that if i dont do it daily i start to get down about stuff too. You will feel great if you do this although first week or 2 bit hard..

. I really would like to hit 100 pounds lost by my 1 year bandiversary (which is June 18th, 2010). Thats less than 30 pounds and I've got 5 months.

I put a lot of pressure on myself to lose all my excess weight in the first year. But I don't think thats going to happen. I definitely get sad about it from time to time, especially since I lost so much in the beginning.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Hi Isaviolinist! Funny--we've lost the exact same amount of weight! I, too, am trying to be patient. Getting so close to weighing less than 200 lbs is also getting me antsy. Before, it seemed so far away, but now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel--and I want to be able to just fast-forward to that place! I told my husband about how I've been feeling and he told me that maybe "the easy fruit" has already been picked (like it's going to get harder now). At first I was mad at him for saying that, but then I thought that he probably had something there. Goals are good, but not when they make you feel sad. Change your goal. Two years to lose all of our excess weight (150 lbs is a lot of excess weight!) is ok if you think of it differently. What's two years out of the next 40+ years (for me anyway--you're younger than I am so you've got even more time ahead of you to enjoy a normal-weight body)? I think bodies have their own timetable--wanting the flower to bloom won't make it happen any faster.

Hello everyone I am new to this site. I am joining because I feel so alone :/

I was banded on 6-3-09 and I have not lost very much at all :wink2: I started out at 232 and I am 216 now. I did have 2 and a half months of not being able to get a fill....and that seems to have been when I stopped loosing. I am noticing that I can eat more than most of some of the posters on this site....could it be that I am not filled "tight" enough yet? I am getting really depressed about this situation. I have only lost 16 pounds :)

I am hungry between meals, like I noticed that some are saying your meal should last between 3-4 hours mine I am hungry again in 2...any advice or support would be appreciated!! :mad:

Hi Isaviolinist! Funny--we've lost the exact same amount of weight! I, too, am trying to be patient. Getting so close to weighing less than 200 lbs is also getting me antsy. Before, it seemed so far away, but now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel--and I want to be able to just fast-forward to that place! I told my husband about how I've been feeling and he told me that maybe "the easy fruit" has already been picked (like it's going to get harder now). At first I was mad at him for saying that, but then I thought that he probably had something there. Goals are good, but not when they make you feel sad. Change your goal. Two years to lose all of our excess weight (150 lbs is a lot of excess weight!) is ok if you think of it differently. What's two years out of the next 40+ years (for me anyway--you're younger than I am so you've got even more time ahead of you to enjoy a normal-weight body)? I think bodies have their own timetable--wanting the flower to bloom won't make it happen any faster.

I've lost 67lbs since June 18, and I always make the most progress after a fill. But now with only 3 lbs to go I'm slowing down and trying to transition to maintenance. We all go at our own pace. The last 2 months have been four-5 lbs instead of 8-10. I only had 70 to lose but it has totally changed my health and my looks.

Keep on keeping on.

Cheri

I was banded on 6-3-09 and I have not lost very much at all :ohmy: I started out at 232 and I am 216 now. I did have 2 and a half months of not being able to get a fill....and that seems to have been when I stopped loosing. I am noticing that I can eat more than most of some of the posters on this site....could it be that I am not filled "tight" enough yet? I am getting really depressed about this situation. I have only lost 16 pounds :blush:

I am hungry between meals, like I noticed that some are saying your meal should last between 3-4 hours mine I am hungry again in 2...any advice or support would be appreciated!! :biggrin:

you most definately need another fill, you may need a few fills to reach restriction. I was banded June 5th and I just recently got my 4th fill I was 243lbs pre-op now I am 193lbs. did get down to 191 but gained 2lb back but I am working on hitting the 180's. So yesss !! you need to keep up with your fills, Protein, protein, protein, and exercise 5 days a week that has helped me. You have to stay focused and you will slip ups but the important thing is to get back up.

I was banded on 6-3-09 and I have not lost very much at all :) I started out at 232 and I am 216 now. I did have 2 and a half months of not being able to get a fill....and that seems to have been when I stopped loosing. I am noticing that I can eat more than most of some of the posters on this site....could it be that I am not filled "tight" enough yet? I am getting really depressed about this situation. I have only lost 16 pounds :)

I am hungry between meals, like I noticed that some are saying your meal should last between 3-4 hours mine I am hungry again in 2...any advice or support would be appreciated!! :)

Edited by keamreeves

you most definately need another fill, you may need a few fills to reach restriction. I was banded June 5th and I just recently got my 4th fill I was 243lbs pre-op now I am 193lbs. did get down to 191 but gained 2lb back but I am working on hitting the 180's. So yesss !! you need to keep up with your fills, Protein, protein, protein, and exercise 5 days a week that has helped me. You have to stay focused and you will slip ups but the important thing is to get back up.

I got another fill yesterday he gave me 3cc's. I am feeling a bit tighter today when I eat my soup....feeling full sooner than before. I hope this is the fill I needed! I just started to be able to work out..I have had surgeries on both my feet and my last one was last year....I am hoping that now that I can walk more freely that this will help with my weight loss by being able to work out...I am also wondering if my Fluid intake is not correct?

I was told drink 30 minutes before a meal and not to drink anything 2 hours after a meal....is that what you do?

Thanks so much for your response.....I am getting so discouraged!:) I need all the support I can get.....

I was having lots of problems with drinking fluids too close or while I was eating. I try to not drink anything for at least an hour before, although usually it's a half hour. The Fluid after you eat is really to prevent your food from liquifying too much and going through the band too quickly. The longer you wait to drink anything after, the longer you feel full. For me that's not an issue because I don't get hungry hardly ever. So I don't wait very long after I eat but I do sip, sip, sip and then only if I feel like nothing is getting stuck.

Trust me, when you get to the right level of ccs you'll know it...:):)

Trisha

Keeping up with your fills is very important. But so is sticking with high Protein low carbs. The protein makes you feel full much longer than carbs, even whole grain carbs. The protein just plain stays in your pouch longer, especially if you're not washing it down with liquids. I try for half an hour before and half an hour after without drinking and even then its sip, sip, sip. I use a very skinny stiff straw that doesn't allow me to gulp at all.

If you're not losing, go back to the high protein and get off the carbs to jump start your weight loss and to curb your cravings.

At least that's what I do. If I find myself plateued I know I need to eliminate the carbs for a while, except for small amounts of veggies.

Hang in there everyone.

Fellow Junesters, have any of your flown on an airplane since your banding? And did you have any issues? Taking my first plane ride this week, and have heard that the altitude affects the band and tightens it for a day or two... getting a little nervous about that.

My daughter flies all over and she's never had a problem. Now she does take a lazix but that's just because she's always been prone to retain fluids and swell up. so other than that, never a problem. But she did that before banding

trisha

I haven't posted in over a month. When my digital scale died in mid-Dec, it seemed like a licsense to cheat. I am so scared to weigh in, as I know I have gained weight. I really need to go back to basics, but I keep putting it off until tomorrow. Definately need to either fix the scale, or get a new one, so I can acess the damage and start over. Wish me luck!

Seriously into the carbs. Fill on Tuesday. Gotta get back into the routine. Know what I need to do, just got to do it.

Hello Everyone!!!

I haven't been here for a while--didn't have internet. I'm not sure if I should say I'm "proud" to say I've maintained my weight over the holidays, or I've "struggled" to maintain over the holidays. I gain 5lbs in Nov when my doc put me on birth control for the lovely peri-menopause---lost that. Then gain 5lbs after xmas when I relaxed from trying not to over eat (OK i bought the xmas chocolate at 1/2 price!)---lost that too. I am actually working at it again, lost a few more, and determined I have to get to a solid 220 before I can get another fill. Plus I gotta give myself some time to relearn the rules. Ugh!

Happy to see the same faces here! We all need the support from our band buddies.:biggrin: