Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Susan* revision from band to sleeve

I am really excited. Did you have a lot of pain where they removed your port?

I am a little worried about pain as I have a very low pain tolerance. I have to get on that plane and if I am in pain, I am afraid it will be miserable.

Hey, I have had my band for 2 years and almost 3 months. we must have gotten banded right around the same time.

I had no pain what so ever after band surgery, so I am a little worried about being in a lot of pain when I wake up.

I am really excited. Did you have a lot of pain where they removed your port?

I am a little worried about pain as I have a very low pain tolerance. I have to get on that plane and if I am in pain, I am afraid it will be miserable.

Hey, I have had my band for 2 years and almost 3 months. we must have gotten banded right around the same time.

I had no pain what so ever after band surgery, so I am a little worried about being in a lot of pain when I wake up.

No. I had anticipated that I would, but no. I was only really tired the first two days also. I was a pretty active person pre weight loss surgery anyway, just fat, so the exercise part has been a breeze. Plus, it's so pretty outside I love going for long walks. Dr Aceves and Dr Campos came in my room a few hours after surgery, and I was sitting on the couch. He said, "Did you have surgery?" I think it also helped that I was a low BMI. I am so glad to have that lap band gone. I have it now in a baggie. It's weird, after being in my body for so long it still looks kinda normal. I don't know, I quess I expected my body to change it someway. :smile:

Wassa: Just read your thread on how to pick a Mexican doc. What a service you have provided to others. I'm feeling very overwhelmed at this point. I guess I have a lot to discuss with my doctor, who said he would do the revision surgery for free. I don't know his track record, etc. I called his office but the receptionist had no idea how many sleeves he'd done. She told me to look on their website for information. I want to have my game plan before I go in for my fluro in 6 weeks to see if I'm still slipped. I'm feeing a lot of anxiety right now. I've got remind myself to breath! Since having my unfill, my appetite has come back with a vengeance, so I am even more determined to get the help that I need. If I need to go to Mexico and feel that is the best care, than that is what I am going to do. I really appreciate the support I feel here and am looking forward to following eveyone's journey! Peace!

Wassa: Just read your thread on how to pick a Mexican doc. What a service you have provided to others. I'm feeling very overwhelmed at this point. I guess I have a lot to discuss with my doctor, who said he would do the revision surgery for free. I don't know his track record, etc. I called his office but the receptionist had no idea how many sleeves he'd done. She told me to look on their website for information. I want to have my game plan before I go in for my fluro in 6 weeks to see if I'm still slipped. I'm feeing a lot of anxiety right now. I've got remind myself to breath! Since having my unfill, my appetite has come back with a vengeance, so I am even more determined to get the help that I need. If I need to go to Mexico and feel that is the best care, than that is what I am going to do. I really appreciate the support I feel here and am looking forward to following eveyone's journey! Peace!

I have another "How to Research a Mexican SLEEVE Surgeon" that I sent to Alex, I don't know if he has posted it or not, if he has it's in the Mag section. Or, if you want to email me I'll forward you a copy. There are many different questions to ask for a sleeve vs. a band when researching. Even though it's for Mexican surgeons it will work quite well with US surgeons as well.

Issues such as leak tests, barium vs. Gastrograffin, those things you need to know before surgery. Someone here who spells a LOT better than I do did the editing. ;o)

Oregondaisy:

I did, however take my heating pad with me and sleep with it on the side where the port was: your abdomen will be swollen and tender. Also, I took the pain medication when offered. I took a pain med, (Dr Aceves sends you home with some), before I got on the Van on the way back to the airport and again before I got on the plane. I didn't need anything once I got home because I was so tired, (long rainy flight), and I knocked out once I hit my bed.

IEven though it's for Mexican surgeons it will work quite well with US surgeons as well.

Definitely. I used the original to research surgeons here in the Bay Area. I modified it up to include stuff for the sleeve (as that one wasn't available at the time) and also modified to get rid of question that didn't apply if you weren't traveling out of area.

It worked great!

{{{hugs}}} Susan!

I will be thinking about you girlfriend!

Oregondaisy:

I did, however take my heating pad with me and sleep with it on the side where the port was: your abdomen will be swollen and tender. Also, I took the pain medication when offered. I took a pain med, (Dr Aceves sends you home with some), before I got on the Van on the way back to the airport and again before I got on the plane. I didn't need anything once I got home because I was so tired, (long rainy flight), and I knocked out once I hit my bed.

Thank you! That is a relief. I hope I do as well as you!

I've just heard that revision surgery is more painful than

someone just getting sleeve surgery. I honestly had no

pain what so ever when I got banded, so it's nice to

hear from someone that just went through it.

I'm wondering about a couple issues that some of the experienced sleevers might be able to answer. After the initial liquid diet can you take pills and Vitamins again? What about fiber? I tend to get Constipation and try and eat alot of fiber. Thanks.

I was able to take capsules (small) about 2 weeks after surgery, others can't take them for a couple of months or so. Fiber... I eat a ton of veggies so fiber is not a problem at all.

The only tablets that I have found that I don't care for are Calcium tablets. I can take the capsules with no problem but Calcium tablets are harder, they feel like little rocks in my stomach.

You can take Miralax for Constipation which is a powder you mix in Water or any other liquid. It basically has no taste and my doctor says it's the best thing to be on long term.

Susan, Will you let me know what you order and how you like it? I would prefer not to have to order from several places, and recommendations from other people will help me avoid ordering junk I will be stuck with and not like.

This is what I ordered:

From powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury

Office / Travel Packs (6 individual packets in each Pack)

------------------------------

1 chocolate

1 vanilla

1 strawberry Sorbet

1 chicken Soup

1 Unflavored

1Kitchen Thermometer

From Netrition

1 39-0915 Matrix 5.0, Cookies and Cream, 5.40 lb. $37.95 $37.95

1 40-0017 Product Catalog, 1 catalog $0.00 $0.00

1 458-0006 whey Gourmet, Smooth Peanut Butter chocolate, 2 lb. $30.99 $30.99

I also ordered a Magic Bullet off of eBay yesterday. I will let you know which ones I like/dislike.

I'm so glad that I found this thread! I will be following your journey closely. I just found out that I have slipped for the second time and will probably get the sleeve. My doc offered to fix the slip but 2 lapbands is enough for me. I'm sick of all the problems. I have followed the rules and still having problems. Life doesn't seem fair sometimes. It's reassuring to get in touch with others who are going down the same path. That is what I really appreciated about lapband talk from the beginning. A feeling of community. Anyway, I'm wishing the best. I believe I'll be a few weeks after you.

Girl, I hear you. Mine slipped three times. I am so looking forward to having a "maintenance free" surgery.

Hi Susan,

I just revised from band to sleeve with Dr Aceves on the 11th of March. Still on the liquid post op diet at this point, but I feel wonderful. To me, it was easier recovering from the sleeve post op than the band. The most wonderful thing is.....no hunger. With the band, I was ALWAYS hungry. I know I am brand new with my sleeve, but since I had my band for 2 years and 3 months I don't feel like a newbie. You will love Dr Aceves, he or Dr Campos will be checking on you constantly. No worries.

Sounds like you had a great experience. I am about a week and half until mine now, and start my liquid diet on Thursday. I can't wait. I plan on taking my laptop with me and posting from the hospital, pictures included.

You will love the Peanut Butter and chocolate. It's really good.

What are you going to use for your 10 days on clear? The unjury unflavored and chicken Soup 6 packs each, will not be enough for 10 days. Are you going to buy Isopure somewhere?

We don't have a GNC in this dinky town I live in, so I will be stuck ordering everything online. I did find some packets of stuff left over from banding. some grape stuff I bought from my dr.'s office and never used. I have no idea how it tastes. However it tastes, I will have to gag it down.

It's so cool that you and Elizabeth will be there at the same time.

If my dad's 90th birthday wasn't April 1st, I would be there too.

I am bummed.

Edited by Oregondaisy

So what happens when all the moderators at LBT have sleeves? :crying:

I think you can get Isopure at Vitamin Shoppe too. But check first, because I've never actually done it myself.